ChannelDelibird (1)
Bulbazak (2)
, ,
Elena Fisher (1)
Almost50 (2)
, ,
Not Voting (5)
, , , , ,

Day one deadline is Sunday February 4, 9 PM PST. (expired on 2018-02-04 21:00:00)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

mulch is 100% sure skirt skirt is scum. like. he is screaming at me

VOTE: skirt
so...i don't get enough sleep
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

garbage players garbage teammate has a garbage read, shocker.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

(I'm not allowed to talk about why mulch said that for what should be obvious reasons but he doesn't actually believe it he's just being a prick)
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 122, Bins wrote:The reason I don't like the "My entire team rolled town" is because I just can't trust it. No one should trust it and I don't think it's worth saying, even if your team did roll all town. Just based on numbers and odds, it's not going to help you. And it definitely isn't a good defence. When I draw out my table and my reads, no matter what you say, I'm going to start with the idea that each team has one scum unless my reads prove otherwise.

There are three situations here:

1) You aren't lying and everyone on your team is town.
2) You are lying and you are town and someone on your team is scum. You're trying to save their ass, maybe. Pre-emptive, but sure.
3) You are lying and you are scum.

2 is the weird one because there are teams in the game that know you are lying, because they have scum partners with someone on your team. Therefore, I feel the only position you can say this in is 1/3.

Not sure if you agree with this Math, but I'm not sure.
FUCK. I completely missed this, Bins.

Yes, that's literally exactly what I was thinking.

I shut down that discussion because this now produces information about other games moreso than it does about this game.

But yeah. Remember that the probability of a team drawing all town is 33% and the probability of one drawing scum is 41%.

If someone who's very very well known as a good scum player uses that as an excuse, it's highly likely they're lying and are the only scum PM on their team.

I shouldn't get into specifics but my team is doing a lot of work behind the scenes. I can only hope that me letting the cat out of the bag doesn't nullify future tells tournament-wide.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 276, UC Voyager wrote:mulch is 100% sure skirt skirt is scum. like. he is screaming at me

mulch reads are the best reads
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@Bulbazak:
Up to what point in the thread had mastina read and offered opinions?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by T-Bone »

T-Bone silently wonders whether Mathdino actually cares about the answers to the questions he asks of everyone...because he doesn't appear to actually do...and in fact when T-Bone made sure to answer the very first question Mathdino asked in this game, Mathdino no sold him...leading T-Bone to conclude he is just asking questions to look busy.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Wait sorry...

"silently"

Pretend I typed none of that and just thought it, and ya'll somehow were made aware of those thoughts.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Mathdino »

That's a fair point, thinking about it from your perspective.

I'm stretching myself thin actively keeping up with all 5 games, and being that the other games generated a LOT more content than this one, I'm now contributing a lot more analysis there.

My goal in asking questions is to get people talking in general to jumpstart conversation and reads. Maybe other people come in and comment on them.

Then after a bunch of people are in, I drop reads, votes, and start playing politics.

tl;dr this game is really boring me, and if I'm more useful elsewhere, I'm gonna go do something else.

P.S. I actually did discuss your answer with my team (or rather, shouted into the void because I think they think I have this low-content game handled right now). I don't see significantly positive utility in talking about my reaction yet. This game is slowly becoming a "solve behind the scenes for fear of breaking the rules" game for me.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I'd just like a little openness from time to time if that's the game you're gonna play. I'm 99% certain I'm not the only person you've done this with in this game.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Okay but now I'm going through the thread trying to find things I should've responded to and I'm not finding much. Quote the instances in question?

I think we played together at some point. And I know a lot of players in this tournament. My whole thing is setup spec and theory-based logic, informed by motivation-based reading.

The problem is I don't think you've done anything really motivation-readable yet. And I'm shit at tonereads. Most games I open with a bunch of shitty early tonereads to get things going, but this game, setup spec outweighed that.

And then there's the problem in that any discussion that veers into setup spec goes into rulebreaking territory. I can't be completely open. And partial openness doesn't help anything until I need to start pushing a read.

tl;dr show me which conversations I dropped and I'll pick up the ones I can
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

skirt wonders why tbone is voting him, skirt is also going to drive over to a friend's eat a cookie and k so skirt is done for the night
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 276, UC Voyager wrote:mulch is 100% sure skirt skirt is scum. like. he is screaming at me

You have yet to give me input from Creature. Has he been reading the thread?

If so, please post any thoughts he's had on the game since the start (and around what page we were on when he had those thoughts).
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by T-Bone »

You're missing what I want to get at. I'll break it down in short.

a. I don't have a specific instance in mind other than my own. I'm playing the odds that if you've done it once, with the very first question you asked in the game, after doing some research to inform the question, you've done it with other players. And, for me personally, I don't care what conversations you do or don't pick up (outside of ones with me)
b. You want to see things from my perspective. Here is my perspective. When I took a look at the game for the first time, I groaned that we had made it to 10 pages. The first thing I did was check the activity, to see why we've gotten to that point. Maybe one player posted 100 times. You and Skirt each had 47 posts. Why did I do this? Because I know this format, Team Mafia, is especially ripe for spamposter type scum players. It is part of the reason (part, not entire, see LLD for a good estimate of what Skirt is) I put my vote there.
c. I'm not asking you to have a read on me, nor do I care what that read is. I care about processes though...and even though I do dismiss meta, I don't dismiss players who believe in it. And for me, it looked like you (sort of) went through the trouble of finding my tendencies in Team Mafia. Which tells me, this is important to you (if you're town). Thus, I expect these things to continue to be important to you, even if you encounter players going 'meta is trash' along the way. From my perspective, and from my brief interaction, that is all lacking. No, I don't expect some declaration of my alignment based off of one question and answer exchange. But, when you seem to put something behind it, I expect it to have a little more importance than 'lol T-Bone can be in the PoE pile'.
d. This is Team Mafia. We all have teams we go back to in some capacity. We are all following 5 games in some capacity. Some players are doing more than others. Still, it's not an excuse. I'll only buy it for so long before I start to wonder if it is just a front because that player is actually scum.

Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 220, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 8, Mathdino wrote:Right so we're not lynching UC Voyager today because it takes a minimum of one full ACTIVE day to sort him with >80% accuracy. I played with scum-him. If he actually picked scum this is easy mode.

I'm not going to say why I want Creature watching this game. It has nothing to do with rulebreaking, it's just not something I want to talk about.

I expect regular reads from Creature, with basic reasoning.
why would i pick scum when i have a trash scum record.
This doesn't sound like you :(

From what I remember, you're more proud of your scumgame than your towngame. Has that changed?
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

do you feel I'm spamposting? because I adamantly disagree
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Mathdino »

B. For me, the problem is more that a few 1v1s (the skirt vs LLD wagon) blew up to dominate the game while other players laid low. My fear is actually of scum in the logicky lowposters.
But besides that, if you actually look through my ISO, it's a lot of me getting in conversations with players who started opening up back-and-forths with me. skirt with team composition spec, LLD with my read on skirt, Elena with theory, etc etc with Smoke, A50, Bins... Whatever I did early, it caught a lot of players' attentions, and I've been posting this much to engage with them.

C. Of course it's still important to me. I don't, however, think it's worth all the "meta is trash" arguments yet when I'm not yet in the position to push a wagon. I'm filing away that evidence (and my team and I are still figuring out who would/wouldn't pick scum on each team) so when there's actual content from everyone, it can inform my reads.

I'm wondering if this is a playstyle thing. I've definitely been accused before of asking people questions and then never following up (don't remember where). If you'd like, feel free to search my completed towngames for question marks. You'll see a lot of random questions that I don't always care about the specific answer as much as I care about getting the person talking. I don't like interrogating people for "gotcha"s.

D. Okay but I have been doing more than other people in this game. You can't simultaneously call me out for not paying as much attention as usual but also being overactive.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by T-Bone »

No, I am very pleased with both of your posting levels since I have entered the game.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 292, Mathdino wrote:D. Okay but I have been doing more than other people in this game. You can't simultaneously call me out for not paying as much attention as usual but also being overactive.
No that's not what I said.

You offered up that you are stretched thin because you are paying attention to five games. Yes, sure. So are the rest of us in some capacity.

UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 290, Keychain wrote:
In post 8, Mathdino wrote:Right so we're not lynching UC Voyager today because it takes a minimum of one full ACTIVE day to sort him with >80% accuracy. I played with scum-him. If he actually picked scum this is easy mode.

I'm not going to say why I want Creature watching this game. It has nothing to do with rulebreaking, it's just not something I want to talk about.

From what I remember, you're more proud of your scumgame than your towngame. Has that changed?
yea. since i lost like 5 scum games in a row
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 295, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 290, Keychain wrote:

yea. since i lost like 5 scum games in a row
more like three. lol
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

ok the rest of my team also thinks he i scum for the most part.

mulch 100%
creature 99%
sheep 80%
me and quick dont know
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Keychain »

I lose most of my games, don't get knocked down.

I also have messages. Apparently of the
utmost urgency
and can't wait until I get back from the supermarket.

Firebringer says hi.

RC says
T-Bone wrote:No, I am very pleased with both of your posting levels since I have entered the game.
I am altering the posting levels. Pray I do not alter them any further.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Mathdino »

VOTE: UC Voyager

You wanna start answering my questions?

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”