Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 172, LicketyQuickety wrote:I thought you were Scum here: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=64506

Otherwise, was that your first Scum game?
That was my first scum game, yes.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 6, Postie wrote:F... first?

VOTE: wgeurts

Haven't seen you play in a while. Hi!
In post 44, Postie wrote:Put it this way:
If you believe Llamarble hasn't found anything and is fishing for reactions, it makes sense to help him out by voting me or pretending you know what it is or even just staying quiet and letting things play out.
If you believe Llamarable really believes they've found something obvscummy, the logical thing to do is to ask what it is, in case it actually is something that makes sense.
You did neither or these things and instead instantly assumed he couldn't have found anything and attacked him for it. In what world does that make sense? In one where you know he can't have a good reason, because you know I'm town.
In post 62, Postie wrote:VOTE: wgeurts

While I ask about clarification from RC on northsidegal things.

p-edit: Nice timing.
In post 66, Postie wrote:What does "full-breakdowny" mean? And yeah, I've been called "accomodating" or similar things as town before. Interestingly, I don't think anyone has ever called me that as scum. Can probably dig you up some meta to show it's NAI.
Re-read Marquis' posts. I'm willing to roll with that.

VOTE: Marquis

Also
In post 53, Marquis wrote:
In post 42, Marquis wrote:Would also like to know whose teammates are reading this game and whose are likely to give input d1
Also bumping this
I missed this. Definitly RC and idk about the rest of my team. Why does it matter?
Let's us know early she's voting weurgts but moves it to marquis shortly after voting weurgts a second time.

The post about the 2 reactions you "should" have pinged me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 175, Postie wrote:
In post 172, LicketyQuickety wrote:I thought you were Scum here: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=64506

Otherwise, was that your first Scum game?
That was my first scum game, yes.
In post 176, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 6, Postie wrote:F... first?

VOTE: wgeurts

Haven't seen you play in a while. Hi!
In post 44, Postie wrote:Put it this way:
If you believe Llamarble hasn't found anything and is fishing for reactions, it makes sense to help him out by voting me or pretending you know what it is or even just staying quiet and letting things play out.
If you believe Llamarable really believes they've found something obvscummy, the logical thing to do is to ask what it is, in case it actually is something that makes sense.
You did neither or these things and instead instantly assumed he couldn't have found anything and attacked him for it. In what world does that make sense? In one where you know he can't have a good reason, because you know I'm town.
In post 62, Postie wrote:VOTE: wgeurts

While I ask about clarification from RC on northsidegal things.

p-edit: Nice timing.
In post 66, Postie wrote:What does "full-breakdowny" mean? And yeah, I've been called "accomodating" or similar things as town before. Interestingly, I don't think anyone has ever called me that as scum. Can probably dig you up some meta to show it's NAI.
Re-read Marquis' posts. I'm willing to roll with that.

VOTE: Marquis

Also
In post 53, Marquis wrote:
In post 42, Marquis wrote:Would also like to know whose teammates are reading this game and whose are likely to give input d1
Also bumping this
I missed this. Definitly RC and idk about the rest of my team. Why does it matter?
Let's us know early she's voting weurgts but moves it to marquis shortly after voting weurgts a second time.

The post about the 2 reactions you "should" have pinged me.
If what Postie is saying about themselves as Scum is True, why the fuck does their team put Postie in a Scum role?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 145, northsidegal wrote:
In post 136, EddieFenix wrote:-cracks knuckles- So here's where I sit. I really don't like the fact that Lycanfire just walks in, drops a vote and then walks out without so much as a "hi, bye, I'm caught up," nothing. So you can insert the grandpa from the Simpsons entering and exiting the building gif here and I'll need some clarification on that vote at some point, Lycan. Marquis is going in my null section for now. I'll do a double over later tonight and get with my team on things for business going forward. ActionDan has town vibes. Marble is on my town list for now.
dunnstral did the exact same thing – did you not notice or is there something different about the two to you?
Tbh, I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out. Dunn joins Lycan in the "further needed explanations for that vote" pool.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:07 pm

In post 178, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 136, EddieFenix wrote:-cracks knuckles- So here's where I sit. I really don't like the fact that Lycanfire just walks in, drops a vote and then walks out without so much as a "hi, bye, I'm caught up," nothing. So you can insert the grandpa from the Simpsons entering and exiting the building gif here and I'll need some clarification on that vote at some point, Lycan. Marquis is going in my null section for now. I'll do a double over later tonight and get with my team on things for business going forward. ActionDan has town vibes. Marble is on my town list for now.
dunnstral did the exact same thing – did you not notice or is there something different about the two to you?
Tbh, I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out. Dunn joins Lycan in the "further needed explanations for that vote" pool.
Those votes prolly mean next to nothing unless they are Scum, so...

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

I'm not gonna argue team mafia theories I'm just playing the game based on what's in the game.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I violently prefer town but I've played scum in 2/4 team mafia games.
I felt it gave our team the best chance to win in year one and now whitefish is a tradition for me
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Oh autocorrect. My point is setup preferencephalitis trumps align prefer for a lot of players. A player preferring scum is sometimes a scumtell but town preference is somewhat unreliable
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 149, Llamarble wrote:I don't know how good at scum Postie is. She has mostly towntells at this point, but when I try to meta her I keep reading GD threads.
You could have asked

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=70536
^ Last one I played. I did okay at first but then as soon as people started putting pressure on me I shut down and became a coasty postie and eventually replaced out. It's the one I menioned earlier so I don't expect you to read the whole thing but feel free to skim my ISO or whatever.

Then there are these from 2016:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=66865
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=67718
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65639

I wish I had more to show you from 2017 or something but I haven't played in a while. I feel like I had more than that in 2016 too but I can't find them right now.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Postie »

@wgeurts
In post 72, wgeurts wrote:and some already want me to vote her.
Coming back to this post again for a second - please tell me who and why, because between this and what I mentioned in I'm not enitrely convinced you aren't bullshitting.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Not seeing Scum Postie here and IDK why people are SRing them.

Going here to see what happens:

VOTE: chill

Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 183, Postie wrote:[snip]
Oh yeah these are all scum games. I have loads of town games I can link you if you want but I figured you'd be more interested in scum games.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 1.5

Marquis(5)
~ Dunnstral, Llamarble, Postie, wgeurts, Gamma Emerald

Postie(2)
~ ActionDan, Tchill13
northsidegal(2)
~ Marquis, Thestatusquo
Llamarble(2)
~ northsidegal, Cogito Ergo Sum
wgeurts(1)
~ Sauce
Thestatusquo(1)
~ Lycanfire
Tchill13(1)
~ LicketyQuickety

Not Voting (1): EddieFenix

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-04 21:00:00)

**Edited to fix color as I like my purple**
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 185, LicketyQuickety wrote:Not seeing Scum Postie here and IDK why people are SRing them.

Going here to see what happens:

VOTE: chill
Why TChill?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 151, Thestatusquo wrote:No, my argument is and was that your attack didn't make any sense because a town player attempting to create information by making plays would look similar to "trying to force it" as scum or whatever you accused them of.
calling it an "attack" is hardly accurate. the only reason i ever even ended up talking so much about it was because i got cross-examined. also, if i'm understanding you correctly and you're saying that scum forcing an rvs read would look the exact same as town doing so – if i have any faith in myself as a scumhunter and someone who can distinguish town from scum, i just have to disagree.
I then made a related comment which is that frequently I see an attempt to use rvs to divest themselves from their actions and avoid accountability, which is why I don't like your comment about how your vote is a rvs one.
i mean, it was – i'm not sure how else you would expect me to describe it. "low-information vote" is more accurate, but i think they're largely synonymous.
Frankly, I'm not really sure how you could have thought any of the stuff you just said about rvs was relevant to what I thought was bad about that interaction.
you both responded to the same post (), you made the point that town is best served by leaving rvs as soon as possible, wgeurts made the point that generating content isn't stagnating the game (even if it's forced content). when i responded to wgeurts i responded to both ideas (at least, it semed to me that i did). it doesn't seem that far-fetched to me to see the connection between the two, really.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i have some questions from myself and from my team:

@dan – mathdino wants to know why you're townreading quick, he thinks quick was the most likely of his team to pick scum.

@gamma – most of your reads seem to come from other players – do you have any reads of your own?

@quick – thoughts on the votes on the marquis wagon?

@marquis – who are you townreading?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

by the way, anyone else feel like is a really weird thought? it's hard to put into words – it kind of feels like a pointless thing to say / comment on, maybe.

things fall apart
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 191, northsidegal wrote:by the way, anyone else feel like is a really weird thought? it's hard to put into words – it kind of feels like a pointless thing to say / comment on, maybe.
I was wondering who else was going to pick up on that.
LicketyQuickety wrote:
dunnstral did the exact same thing – did you not notice or is there something different about the two to you?
Care to further explain why you're thinking that way?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Postie »

Hi Eddie
In post 136, EddieFenix wrote:"Two out of three is all you need, and you should have it, so just lynch Marquis and Postie and we win" - Mastina.
RC would like to know specifically when Mastina said this.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:11 pm

In post 190, northsidegal wrote:i have some questions from myself and from my team:

@dan – mathdino wants to know why you're townreading quick, he thinks quick was the most likely of his team to pick scum.

@gamma – most of your reads seem to come from other players – do you have any reads of your own?

@quick – thoughts on the votes on the marquis wagon?

@marquis – who are you townreading?
That's a laugh.. I've never played with mathdino, how the hell would he know?

Like what do I think of specific votes on marquise? Which ones do you want me to look at? I was doing a meta analysis, not looking at specific instances.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@quick has creature been following / looking at this game? if so i'd like to hear at least one or two thoughts from him.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 194, LicketyQuickety wrote:That's a laugh.. I've never played with mathdino, how the hell would he know?

Like what do I think of specific votes on marquise? Which ones do you want me to look at? I was doing a meta analysis, not looking at specific instances.
i'm not entirely sure where he gets his meta. he wanted your thoughts on all of them individually.

things fall apart
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:14 pm

In post 192, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 191, northsidegal wrote:by the way, anyone else feel like is a really weird thought? it's hard to put into words – it kind of feels like a pointless thing to say / comment on, maybe.
I was wondering who else was going to pick up on that.
LicketyQuickety wrote:
dunnstral did the exact same thing – did you not notice or is there something different about the two to you?
Care to further explain why you're thinking that way?
If they are Town, it's just RVS. If they are Scum, they could have some investment for manipulating things with their votes.

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Marquis »

Rl stress I'll post tomorrow
link in bio
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:53 pm

Dunn has a naked vote, nothing to analyze there.
Llamarble is essentially a naked vote, nothing to analyze there.
Postie looks more or less like a naked vote as well.
Wgeurts is voting marquise because there is nothing better to vote atm. This looks kinda opportunistic.
GE vote is prolly the Scummiest of all of them, tbh. Weird that they say Llama is wrong about Postie but right about Marquise. How does GE know Llama is Town if they have such a disparity of reads?

Creature thinks Eddie, Dan and North are Town.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”