acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:35 am

Post by acryon »

In post 699, profii wrote: My point on flavour is in your posts

Compare the last sentence in post 98 - he provides content
And
Post 89 - putting a giant target on his back by posting no content.
At that point in the game, was much more about putting into perspective how
little
content Sauce was actually providing as opposed to really giving Flavor credit for content.

Obviously we are around 600 pages on and things have been said but my theory is by posting in that particular style, some people will see the content as you did (ie they are probably people who have similar reads and may evenl reciprocate with giving FL a town read)

Other people will say wtf is this no content scum bs (etc)

By polarising the group in this way he can see quite quickly if he has a big enough faux-town-block and encourage them to lynch whoever they think they want to go for as long as a) not his scum mate, b) he doesn’t lead it. Scum are then in the driving seat

Sounds audacious? Agreed but this game is all about trying to drive an agenda without anyone knowing. Everyone seems to indicate FL is a strong player so I think he could be capable
Sounds incredibly audacious. And this is where my gut comes in, but it just
really
does not feel like the kind of play I could see coming from Boon.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:37 am

Post by profii »

I'm not basing the whole read on that example, in fact that's the first time i've really looked at your ISO. I guess I dont know boon as well as you so the way he just seems to be pushing the town in a direction it was going anyway, seemed off to me... i await jodaxq

and kop!
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Jodaxq »

Hello everyone
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Jodaxq »

I think the last mini normal I played had profii, rb, and acryon in it. Hello again.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Jodaxq »

I'm currently on my lunch break so I can't get caught up now. Expect some real content this evening
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:53 am

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 695, Lalendra wrote:Sorry Jodaxq, you're replacing into a tough spot.
Oh man I'm looking forward to this then
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Jodaxq »

Also
UNVOTE:
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:52 am

Post by rb »

Jodaxq, thoughts on your slot claiming 2-shot Doc?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 692, rb wrote:Thor: why is Sauce the scummiest player in the game for you?

What do you think of eth0s play so far?
Because unlike some of the other non-performing slots I think he's
1. Capable of more (which he's shown in very small flashes)
2. Not honestly believing his method is scumhunting (like say a Dunker)
Combine that with the black hole of content he is who is trolling/insulting people and then complaining that people are attacking him when they're just reacting to him and he's either straight troll, bad scum, or toxic town - he should just die Day 1 because if this town doesn't lynch one of the non-suppliers of info then this town is being very foolish indeed.

I find eth0s not great, but he does appear to be contributing in a manner I believe is commensurate with his skill. He does offer reads and reasonably clear thoughts. Frankly, I'd put him near the top of my town reads in all honesty, though it's a short walk at the moment :lol: .
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by rb »

Okay that's actually fairly consistent, but do you really think eth0s is just bad at the game and that's why he's lacking content? How do you rule out that he might just be coasting scum?

Sauce read makes sense, although I don't know it's accurate either because fruatrated town do tend to be simultaneously toxic + defensive. I'm not familiar with either player's ability level so I can't make a read on contribution to potential ratio. To me they just both seem underwhelming.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 709, rb wrote:Okay that's actually fairly consistent, but do you really think eth0s is just bad at the game and that's why he's lacking content? How do you rule out that he might just be coasting scum?
Snarky answer - I've got more egregious coasters to worry about
Reasoned answer -meh, hard to tell. I'd say I kinda gut townish him more than the others. Feels like he's trying.
In post 709, rb wrote:Sauce read makes sense, although I don't know it's accurate either because fruatrated town do tend to be simultaneously toxic + defensive. I'm not familiar with either player's ability level so I can't make a read on contribution to potential ratio. To me they just both seem underwhelming.
Sauce was doing it long before he had any reason to feel attacked or put upon though.
It does sound like maybe it's semi-meta if you listen to whoever it was that has played with him before, but judging by some of the very mild effort he has advanced, I'm suspicious this game is far more toxic than his norm, and even if it's not then we have to accept that this is town standard for him, in which case Day 1 is the optimal time for town to sort that because it would be daft to take him to lylo. I'd rather have Dunker and Flavor there in a heartbeat because they're actually playing the game.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 707, rb wrote:Jodaxq, thoughts on your slot claiming 2-shot Doc?
I'm certainly interested to see how this came to be
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by rb »

Can you verify the claim?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 711, Jodaxq wrote:
this is not the answer i want to hear
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 713, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 711, Jodaxq wrote:
this is not the answer i want to hear
I feel like no matter what I said, someone would say this
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 712, rb wrote:Can you verify the claim?
No.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

So basically my slot tried some schtick where he would only quote posts, you guys decided that was scummy, and when he got wagoned he freaked out and claimed a bunch of different things?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 716, Jodaxq wrote:So basically my slot tried some schtick where he would only quote posts, you guys decided that was scummy, and when he got wagoned he freaked out and claimed a bunch of different things?
correct
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

Okay I've read through most of all of the ISOs. I will go back through them once I read through the thread as a single unit.
The amount of words and the lack of obvious game content makes this thread pretty tough to read and sift through in an efficient way.

The following isn't in any sort of order

Acryon has had a lot of fluffy posts as he's focused a lot more on small things then I think he should have. He really zeroed in on Sauce's setup speculation early and then focused on the policy lynch comment for several posts. He's also got a few posts that just answer mechanical questions. He also seems to have flown pretty under the radar so far in terms of being a fluffy content poster so that kind of concerns me. The reads list in 241 also seems kind of out of the blue and smells manufactured. This could change when I read this post in the context of the thread as a whole.

eth0s' posts have been pretty fluffy as well, but it seems to me like it's in a much more carefree and natural way. I'll try to expand more on this later, but his ISO feels genuine.

I haven't thoroughly read through Sauce's longer posts so I don't want to make a firm read on him. He hasn't generated much in terms of reads as others have pointed out, but I think he's a couple decent questions and made good observations. Obviously in terms of word count he seems fluffier than any of the other posters, but I feel like he's done more to advance the game state then plenty of others.

I'm not a huge fan of Dunkerdoodles' ISO, but he kind of has a reputation for this low effort posting, right? I'll try to get a better read on him when I read his posts in context.

Thor seems pretty townie to me. Good observations and questions. He's playing a pretty good game so far if scum.

I feel similarly about profii. This feels very similar to how he played in our last game together and he was town then. I'll try to find out for myself but why is he the leading wagon? I don't like his second self-vote very much but ehhh I don't think that's quite enough for me.

Lalendra is kind of my gut scummy read. She just seems to be floating along and the more effortful and content filled posts, such as 360 just feel kind of fake to me. I also don't like her recent posting about profii's vote counts or how I replaced into a tough slot.

I like what I'm seeing from Rb. Pretty solidly town on him. Like Thor he's playing a very good game so far if scum.

Hyuang's slot is null, but the vote on Profii before replacing out seems really weird to me.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:04 am

Post by profii »

UNVOTE: Jodaxq

Will re-read thread again today
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:13 am

Post by profii »

Quick summary of where I’m at

I won’t lynch Thor or Eth0s

I’d prefer to wait for tomorrow before making any decision on Acryon and Saucy because they have locked horns and I want to see more from them about everyone else - maybe discussions after a NK might just prompt them back into the game. Saying that, they both appeal more than letting he game go to no lynch

Dunker will be subject to a re-read

Jodaxq appears logical so I’ll reset on that for now and see how that goes.

I’m not inclined to lynch rb

Lalendra might falter under some pressure as she has had some scummy moments & kop needs to get on board but that last hurrah vote did seem a strange thing to do

VOTE: Lalendra

I usually am more considered over my votes but this game needs some momentum so I think it seems logical to place my vote on one often more concerning slots

As I said, re read later I’ll add more in a bit
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 am

Post by profii »

First re-read - I’m just going to bump Eth0s down from won’t lynch to unlikely to lynch.

Random defence of Hyung
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 am

Post by profii »

Wtf I can’t find the post. I am
sure
Eth0s said something along the lines of we shouldn’t lynch Hyung I sure about that and I thought it was odd with the lack of posts and all- also now the hyung vote on me gets me thinking

I can find a post where I referenced it but I can’t find the actual post. I’m losing my mind
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:30 am

Post by rb »

It was probably me, I said not to lynch Hyung
rb
rb
Survivor