chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Surrep is also a fine one for townkid
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1224, mastina wrote:Btw I'm only here for about 45 minutes (a little bit less, actually), but that's still time for me to catch up in here, so I'm doing so now. At 22, will get as much done in the time I have as I can.
I can't wait!
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Dear god, why can't this be as slow as the other games.

Hinduragi is steadily climbing down my reads list for downplaying my read of chesskid and stepping back to reference his teammates instead of his own reason to push me.

Chesskid, I asked you earlier, but how do you read me? I'm getting conflicting vibes about how you feel about me.

Will catch up if the last 300 posts isn't garbage; otherwise, I really won't care to read much of it.
There's a fine line between genius and sociopathy.
#sundevils #forksup
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 513, chesskid3 wrote:I'm about here, I guess?

HEROES:
CHESSKID
XXXRECKONOSCOPE420XXX
CREATURE

PRETTY TOWN:
Screenplay
Cheeky

Between Slightly and Pretty Town:
Hindu
Errant Parabola
BigYoshiFan
GuiltyLion

Slog that isn't good but I need to sort:
Katyusha
Primate
Something_Smart

NEED TO DIE:
Aninen
Radiant Cowbells

SCUMFUCK NUMERO UNO:

MASTINA
This is still largely accurate. If it seems like I haven't bothered to fully sort your slot it's because I actually haven't because the key to this game is successfully lynching Mastina. I don't think you ever went below neutral-town so I don't know to what specifically you're referring.

I do think your reads are self-inconsistent and you should fix that, but I don't think you really thought about them so that's not scummy per se
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I really don't know how to feel about chesskid's death tunnel of mastina.
#sundevils #forksup
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Primate's probably moved up, Katy has moved down and S_S remains in shitville too I'd say
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1229, BigYoshiFan wrote:I really don't know how to feel about chesskid's death tunnel of mastina.
Well when last we spoke about it, you were forming an independent read on Mastina. Did you do that yet?
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

No, I can't commit myself to read through her posts. Ugh... fine...
#sundevils #forksup
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Yoshi has moved down after I just skimmed his iso.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1232, BigYoshiFan wrote:No, I can't commit myself to read through her posts. Ugh... fine...
Yep this is definitely a prerequisite to participating in this discussion as anyone other than a derp
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Aneninen »

More.

As for
Mastin
, I don't think I need break down all her posts.
I remember this kind of gamestyle from her very well. The "grab out a couple of posts and give one-word answers like "town", "scum", the relative absense and big walls included.
That was town Mastin. (Apart from a single game where she was actually SK, but she was scumhunting.)
I wouldn't say I'd give her a free pass just because of her style in mid- or late-game, but that's good enough for me on Day.
Town

________

Chesskid
is an interesting case.
was weird indeed. Why did he ask why Hindu had ignored me? As if he had posted about everyone else at that time.
For his – "I don't really care if he's scum or not tbh it's page 5" I can only answer
Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

His vote in was WTF, too.

In his "Aninen and Reck are scum but lets vote reck and ignore aninen" is horrible, but more alignment indicative of Mastina than Aninen and I still have to think about that" – is simply terrible. I'm not saying it's scummy but on a 1–10 scale of cleverness, it's a Beedrill.
Let me explain. Firstly, speculations about scum
teams
on Day1 rarely pay off. (I used to make the same mistake a lot.) Secondly, assuming you're speculating, I can't see
why
it gives more information on Mastin than on me.
Actually, it's more like a bad-town post than a scummy post.

is weird again. I mean the style he suggested things to Reckoner. looks as if he tried to save Reckoner's Aß. In a very lame way – and here's the crux of the problem. Assuming he's scum,
why
did his team let him post things like this? (Regardless of Reckoner's alignment.)
Around this (and all along?) his tunnel on Mastin is terrible. But I've seen townies doing that before. Usually on another townie. Meanwhile, his reads are not progressing on other players.

As for his readlist in , my answer can be found in that spoiler above. Then, more and more tunnelling on Mastin. Will there be anything else in his ISO?
...no, sorry. I'm not reading this any more.

In short, I don't think he's scum. Unless the game has changed a lot since I left for a while, he's a kind of player I know well. Tunnelling the hell outta someone, not forming real reads on most of the players, posting a lot.
On the other hand, I can't rule it out completely that he's just simulating this kind of gameplay. In a classical game such faking might pay off, but in Team Mafia, where a lot of other players can read all the games, I doubt any scum team would go for something like this intentionally.

Mostly because of this paragraph above, he's
lean town
right now.

________

Screenplay

Naked vote in .
This in "Mastina trying to elect RC feels like they are trying to set him up for a NK." doesn't make much sense for me.
aren't better either.
Also, he had done very little yet he was self-aware enough for this in : "I was left out. Am I hard to sort?" – It must have been a question for BigYoshiFan...
but there were other missing names in his post
! I really don't like the thing I've quoted!
I don't know how much experience he has with RC and Chesskid, but may be about appeasing them. (It's hard for a scum when RC starts tunnelling them and this might be the same for Chesskid, too!)
The whole interaction can be read in tells me that he wants to get as many townreads as he can. Scum need townreads on them desperately, not townies! Similar interaction in , this time with Creature.
is a terrible readlist. With one single scum? By the way,
why does he need to care how Mastin reads him if he thinks she's scum?

TL;DR – he's trying to fly under the radar and collect a lot of townreads on himself.
With that said,
scum
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

^ the above post is shit

Yours truly,
Chesskid
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Aneninen »

And you've read it in less than one minute? Wow.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1235, Aneninen wrote:I remember this kind of gamestyle from her very well. The "grab out a couple of posts and give one-word answers like "town", "scum", the relative absense and big walls included.
That was town Mastin. (Apart from a single game where she was actually SK, but she was scumhunting.)
I wouldn't say I'd give her a free pass just because of her style in mid- or late-game, but that's good enough for me on Day.
Town
probably 30 pages of content around Mastina and this fuckin genius right here comes up with this
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Sorry,

post-edit:

That's good enough for me on
Day1
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 545, Hinduragi wrote:Also, I have no idea how to read half the people in this game and I'm struggling tbh.
You are a member of what I frankly consider to be the overall most competent team in team mafia; ask your teammates to read your game and give you feedback. LLD would have a FIELD DAY this game. Llamarble is a beast. Cabd is still respectably good. Between the three of them, if any of them can spare the time to read this game (and stomach the contents of the game I guess but that probably isn't a problem), they will be able to help you. I guarantee it.
Also mastina, I really want you to be town because I think you're a good person.
No, I'm an ass, it's just that when I'm an ass I'm often justified in BEING an ass. In spite of that, I frequently do end up needing to apologize for things--if I shit-talk a player in the game assuming they're town but they're actually scum, I owe them an apology for the shit-talk because they were playing to their wincon; if I do shitty things to a player who is town, I owe them an apology for the shitty things because they as town didn't deserve them because they were on my side. (In contrast, I hold zero empathy for players I shit-talk as town because if they do something where I need to shit-talk them they were essentially playing against wincon; I hold zero empathy for players I do shitty things to when they are scum because it is my wincon to get them lynched by any means, even shitty ones. The fact that I hold no empathy for these shitty things makes me an objectively terrible person.)

I mean.

I'll never make it personal. I always insult the play, not the player; I always maintain my own personal set of standards for what is and is not acceptable in a mafia game (lying about real life is unethical; accusing someone of lying about real life is unethical; etc.). I do things like that. So in that regard I can be better than those who do make it personal and insult the person rather than the player, and who take things too far breaking fundamental ethical rules of the game. But I am very much not a nice person. NiceR than half the active players here? Perhaps, although even that's a stretch. But I'm not a good person and you should not assume I am. LLD would be all too happy to describe to you some of the deplorable things I've done in mafia games. (Though I'm pretty sure she doesn't take issue with me as a person outside of them, she has a VERY low tolerance for my antics within them.)
In post 535, BigYoshiFan wrote:The rest for later. I read the ISOs, not along with the thread.
:neutral:

That having been said,
In post 538, BigYoshiFan wrote:I specifically left out people whom I thought it would be a strenuous task to sort, i.e., you, RC, and mastina. I just wanted to get some stuff out so I didn't appear to be lurking or unengaged.
I started with SS because I remembered feeling how I described, and ISO'ing him didn't change that.
The rest were just as it came up, maybe in the current ISO or as I remembered.
I actually think this is town?

This...might take some explaining. I'm not quite sure if I can express this coherently, but.

To my memory, Yoshi is the type of player who as town makes posts which are...
...Well, like this--mixed bags. On the one hand, you get many indicators of potentially being town (because that's what he is)...and on the other, you also get (often in the very same post as the townposting) things which look ridiculously scummy-as-fuck. In short, Yoshi is the player who as town is not earlygame mislynch bait but is
midgame
mislynch bait, even endgame mislynch bait: someone who looks just town enough to not be mislynched early-on, but who has enough cumulative scummy things to (1) never be nightkilled, and (2) eventually eat a mislynch when the town runs out of ideas on who to lynch.

And that's basically what I'm seeing. I'm seeing the ambivalence of half-great, half-terrible (the good half is the strenuous task to sort because that reads as ridiculously genuine as fuck; the terrible half is the justification in having done so, to get stuff out to not appear as a lurker), with the great half being more dominant overall.

That's more or less what I'd expect to see from him as town, although this is with the caveat that my game experience with him is somewhat-limited (I think I can count encounters with him on one hand?) so that's a read I'll definitely be asking for second/third/etc. opinions on when I actually get the chance to ask for opinions on reads. (Which I won't get until I'm actually fucking caught up and producing over ten new pages a day when the average amount of new pages per day I read is 10-20 and thus new pages are being produced at least as fast if not faster than I can read them is a good way to make sure that doesn't fucking happen.)

Basically, I think he's definitely more likely to be town here, much moreso than my initial feeling, but he's still among my weaker townreads because I lack confirmation of my take being accurate more or less.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1239, Aneninen wrote:Sorry,

post-edit:

That's good enough for me on
Day1
Can you send someone else on your team who actually wants to play mafia in to cover this game too thanks
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Aneninen your read on me sucks.
You are reading out of context or something.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

A note on this game and mechanics:

The way this game works via electing inventions for the first 4 days seems to HEAVILY favor the team that gets off to a good start. If we start out lynching town, the inventions are less likely to go to optimal people, etc etc. Thus in a normal game it's not that big a deal if you fuck around and mislynch 1-2x at the beginning before nailing your first scumbag. Here, it matters.

There are no Day 1 passes this game, and that is probably influencing why I am so fucking hellbent on mastina, but check the mechanics, ask your friends and nod your heads thanks
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

also inb4 RC BRILLIANTLY turns 1243 around on me to say that I'm deathtunneling a townie to get scum off to a good start.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1243, chesskid3 wrote:A note on this game and mechanics:

The way this game works via electing inventions for the first 4 days seems to HEAVILY favor the team that gets off to a good start. If we start out lynching town, the inventions are less likely to go to optimal people, etc etc. Thus in a normal game it's not that big a deal if you fuck around and mislynch 1-2x at the beginning before nailing your first scumbag. Here, it matters.

There are no Day 1 passes this game, and that is probably influencing why I am so fucking hellbent on mastina, but check the mechanics, ask your friends and nod your heads thanks
This for the record is why Chesskid is playing the way that he is: take over the town early, take the invention and push quick mislynches that the town will be okay with because it's Mastina.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1244, chesskid3 wrote:also inb4 RC BRILLIANTLY turns 1243 around on me to say that I'm deathtunneling a townie to get scum off to a good start.
I mean that's exactly what I have been saying that you have been doing the entire game. I am just surprised that you're openly bringing it up.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1244, chesskid3 wrote:also inb4 RC BRILLIANTLY turns 1243 around on me to say that I'm deathtunneling a townie to get scum off to a good start.
In post 1245, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1243, chesskid3 wrote:A note on this game and mechanics:

This for the record is why Chesskid is playing the way that he is: take over the town early, take the invention and push quick mislynches that the town will be okay with because it's Mastina.
SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPED
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

That snipe makes you look more suspicious in my opinion.
#sundevils #forksup
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Having checked
BigYoshiFan
, I daresay, either he's lazy-town, or he's busy IRL and town.
I liked the second part of , where he questioned the townread on him. (By that time he had produced zero content.)
is pretty empty... but I remember
my own gameplay
, and I used to posts such "lists" when I was town and I had too little time for reading the game. (And I usually got a couple of scumreads afterwards.) fits this picture.
On the other hand, his vote for Chesskid in came out of nowhere. But it may have been simply lazy.
So, must be his gameplay when he's actually around. Good.
There's not much to say, I can give him a
town
read.

________

And you're gonna hate me but I refuse to sort
RadiantCowbells
on Day1.
My gut-read says he's town, this is his town-gameplay I've seen a couple of times before.
The problem is: he's just as aggressive and taking control of the town when he's scum.
The best thing I can do is to see where the game goes and I'll find it out whether my gut-read is correct.
Unsorted
, and unless something really unexpected happens, I don't think I'll able to change this Today.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”