Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 448, Almost50 wrote:@Bins: Don't call out for outside help. You're good enough to show me I'm wrong if that's the case.
I’ve been one of the most involved players in the game so far. You’re going to need to give me a better point to work with other than I’m lurking.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Yeah, not really interested in Bins as more than a friend at this point. This is a no-go.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Bins »

You break my heart.

gtkas
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I don't think A50 is a viable lynch today, guys. What he said actually makes sense.

I'm slowly gaining interest in a potential CDB wagon.

This is a weird D1.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Hey math, Ari and I think you're probably town, so do you want to catch me up on what you think's been happening so far? Every time I start reading this I get to like page 5 and realize that I'm not really retaining anything rn
2023 W/L | 1-0
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

I've read up tot his point, I just got off work and about to go get baked so depending on how the night goes I plan on doing a big catchup post involving telling certain players to fuck off about me being bad, reads, responses, etc. I'll either do it tomorrow or in a few hours. If There's anything urgent you want from me, lmk, I'll still probably keep up with the thread.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Mathdino »

S_S isn't following? Glad Ari is. S_S would be my choice on your team for getting reads. Aristophanes knows why I think that :P

Tbh you should trust them over me; repeated 1v1s and interrogations really bias me unless I get reined in by players I trust. Basically:

- This game started off with a meta discussion unlike that which has been seen before. WHO WOULD PICK SCUM? skirt and LLD both agreed that had they gotten any scum PMs, they'd take it. A few people were lock-towned due to this. Dunker, UCV, Keychain. I "RVS'd" A50 because he has the most differential with his team in "scum skill level".

- skirt and LLD entered with a 1v1. skirt then started TRing LLD while LLD has been pushing skirt. Elena and Radja also got involved with that discussion. I personally believe this is the 1v1 that D1 will end on, so I've been focusing on other wagons to get more info first.

- Smocaine entered, gave me shit because he thought I was Mathblade, and left :lol:

- Went after Bulbazak for a weird entry after A50 responded. Bulba came in and towned it up. He could honestly be fooling us but I don't want to risk losing his team's reads yet.

- Major wagon opened up on A50 for WIFOMing all over the place in a really weird way. You should honestly ISO A50, I'm still not sure what to make of this.

- I've had my own side project on trying to sort UCV by using Creature's interest-level in this game as a tell.

- More than a few players have expressed distaste in the amount of meta going into some people's (my) reads. Other people have expressed distaste for THOSE people because they think scum is trying to limit the information available.

- Other than that, we have a weirdly low amount of information, likely inadvertently caused by ending RVS in literally the first post of the game.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

I didn't agree id take any scum pms btw. pre sure you said that a couple times, but it's not true.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I'm mixing all sorts of players and games up, sorry.

Correction: A few people generally agreed skirt would be likely to take a scum PM, but he claims they got all 5 role PMs so it didn't matter anyway.

Not accusing you on this point, just saying how the first few pages panned out.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 456, Mathdino wrote:S_S isn't following? Glad Ari is. S_S would be my choice on your team for getting reads. Aristophanes knows why I think that :P
SS prob is too, Ari was just who answered at the time.
Tbh you should trust them over me; repeated 1v1s and interrogations really bias me unless I get reined in by players I trust. Basically:

- This game started off with a meta discussion unlike that which has been seen before. WHO WOULD PICK SCUM? skirt and LLD both agreed that had they gotten any scum PMs, they'd take it. A few people were lock-towned due to this. Dunker, UCV, Keychain. I "RVS'd" A50 because he has the most differential with his team in "scum skill level".
I've actually been thinking about this since the rules were announced for this one, and I actually kind of feel like it's sort of not helpful to be doing the meta discussion around that right now? I keep thinking back to the Camn's Revenge game when we had loads of WIFOM around whether Pine would pick people who were good at scum, or people who weren't to throw everyone off, etc. and it never got anywhere.
- skirt and LLD entered with a 1v1. skirt then started TRing LLD while LLD has been pushing skirt. Elena and Radja also got involved with that discussion. I personally believe this is the 1v1 that D1 will end on, so I've been focusing on other wagons to get more info first.
Where do you stand on it?
Smocaine entered, gave me shit because he thought I was Mathblade, and left :lol:
classic
- Went after Bulbazak for a weird entry after A50 responded. Bulba came in and towned it up. He could honestly be fooling us but I don't want to risk losing his team's reads yet.
Yeah, entrance looks really awkward to me, but the more I read it, it seems like it's kind of something that could be "I haven't played in awhile" awkward and not "I am scum acting like a weirdo" awkward if that makes sense?
- Major wagon opened up on A50 for WIFOMing all over the place in a really weird way. You should honestly ISO A50, I'm still not sure what to make of this.

will do after this prob
- I've had my own side project on trying to sort UCV by using Creature's interest-level in this game as a tell.
... How?
- More than a few players have expressed distaste in the amount of meta going into some people's (my) reads. Other people have expressed distaste for THOSE people because they think scum is trying to limit the information available.

- Other than that, we have a weirdly low amount of information, likely inadvertently caused by ending RVS in literally the first post of the game.
Well, I mean I don't think using the meta is very helpful right now? Like to me, we're just going to go around and around (like what I mentioned above). Using the meta isn't AI at all either though, unless that's your entire argument, so those people saying someone is scum or not scum based on their opinion on whether the meta is helpful is really dumb regardless
In post 455, skirt skirt wrote:I've read up tot his point, I just got off work and about to go get baked so depending on how the night goes I plan on doing a big catchup post involving telling certain players to fuck off about me being bad, reads, responses, etc. I'll either do it tomorrow or in a few hours. If There's anything urgent you want from me, lmk, I'll still probably keep up with the thread.
haha playing mafia high, I like this guy.
In post 458, Mathdino wrote:I'm mixing all sorts of players and games up, sorry.

Correction: A few people generally agreed skirt would be likely to take a scum PM, but he claims they got all 5 role PMs so it didn't matter anyway.

Not accusing you on this point, just saying how the first few pages panned out.
Is there anything on skirt besides that?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 453, Mathdino wrote:

I don't think A50 is a viable lynch today, guys. What he said actually makes sense.

I'm slowly gaining interest in a potential CDB wagon.

This is a weird D1.
why
you say a50 is scum and now he's not a viable lynch?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

i scumread both mathdino and a50 but im not sure if they can be s/s
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Why you scumreading Math, Dunkerdoodles?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

there are blatant contradictions in his posts, he's exaggerating things to make them seem in his favor, he's manipulating and his posts are very open ended
(such as in that post "i'm slowly starting to like a CDB wagon" is very open ended, he could justify a townread or a scumread"
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 463, Dunkerdoodles wrote:there are blatant contradictions in his posts, he's exaggerating things to make them seem in his favor, he's manipulating and his posts are very open ended
(such as in that post "i'm slowly starting to like a CDB wagon" is very open ended, he could justify a townread or a scumread"
Well, yeah, I can see that as being wishy washy I suppose, or more like finding out the interest in a CDB wagon. I don't see him justifying a townread unless there was good reason after that, though.

Other posts of interest, or...?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Also feel free to just link me to shit if you don't wanna repeat yourself and such !!!
2023 W/L | 1-0
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Re: skirt vs LLD: I'm waffling. Gun-to-my-head I say skirt is scum and LLD is town (weirdly). I like the pressure on one or both of them, but given that I'm certainly not best for the job of picking those 2 apart, I'm using my abilities elsewhere. But yeah if I had to end the day right now I think I'd lynch skirt.

Re: UCV project: Creature hates scum. My experience with him in JK9++ was that he doesn't even pretend to be interested to the point that you can run him up and he'll roll over and die. He can't fake town-interest; he's had 1.5 years to learn how to. So I told him on page 1 to
fucking follow this game and give UCV reads
. If Creature wasn't paying attention, speedlynch. UCV delivered in a way that I can believe Creature legitimately followed the game and believed in those reads. Unfortunately UCV spent a good deal of time dodging/misinterpreting my question. Which is classic UCV.

Re: Meta being helpful: Oh I agree, only a couple of my reads are based on choose-your-side-based meta. But that discussion transitioned into people basing reads based on how much OTHER people liked meta early on :P

Re: skirt: Honestly I don't know. Getting a lot of conflicting reads on skirt from players I trust. My team seems to base a lot of their reads on whether or not people are trying to pocket me (I can't wait to see what they think of A50 these past few pages, lol). I'm not so sure. But I do know he's a good scum player, LLD is towning it way up, and LLD's case on him is pretty convincing.

Re: A50 viability: I'm not gonna answer this right now unless I actually have to defend A50 from the lynch. Tbh I'm still working on this problem with my team.

Edit: lol Dunker can't read me to save his life
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 455, skirt skirt wrote:I've read up tot his point, I just got off work and about to go get baked so depending on how the night goes I plan on doing a big catchup post involving telling certain players to fuck off about me being bad, reads, responses, etc. I'll either do it tomorrow or in a few hours. If There's anything urgent you want from me, lmk, I'll still probably keep up with the thread.
Can anyone spot the mindset problem?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 463, Dunkerdoodles wrote:there are blatant contradictions in his posts, he's exaggerating things to make them seem in his favor, he's manipulating and his posts are very open ended
wattt
1. You've pointed out "contradictions" in things that have literally just been me changing my mind. You don't seem to understand that my early reads mean fuck-all to me late-D1.

2. What does "in my favor" mean?

3. Who am I manipulating? The hilarious thing is multiple people are accusing others of trying to manipulate ME :lol:

4. Uh, no, I'm pretty sure that's a "I'm feeling iffy about this guy and I'm lowkey scumreading him but would like to sort him better".

Dunker what I fail to understand is why you never just ask questions or ask for clarifications when you straight don't understand what someone's doing. Literally anything you want me to expand on, I can do it. I just don't feel like walling it up with every single post I make.

And no shit my posts are open-ended, I have no idea who the hell is scum this game. I don't usually play with people of this caliber.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by T-Bone »

As thrilling as that post might be. Let me save everyone the trouble.

Skirt: boohoo T-Bone calling me a shit player, you're the shit player

T-Bone: Wow, at no point did I call you a shit player, but thanks for playing. Called you a spamposter, and that was my only commentary on you as a player.

I'm not interested in this conversation otherwise.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 468, Mathdino wrote:
wattt
1. You've pointed out "contradictions" in things that have literally just been me changing my mind. You don't seem to understand that my early reads mean fuck-all to me late-D1.
this is just a terrible defense. how are you supposed to find scum if your day 1 reads mean nothing?

2. What does "in my favor" mean?
making people think you're not scum

3. Who am I manipulating? The hilarious thing is multiple people are accusing others of trying to manipulate ME :lol:
not someone, but in general. maybe it's just your tone, but i feel like you're pushing an agenda, rather than free flowy thoughts

4. Uh, no, I'm pretty sure that's a "I'm feeling iffy about this guy and I'm lowkey scumreading him but would like to sort him better".
why not just scumread him then? why not join his wagon if you think he's scum instead of saying "eh maybe ill wagon him, maybe not"

Dunker what I fail to understand is why you never just ask questions or ask for clarifications when you straight don't understand what someone's doing. Literally anything you want me to expand on, I can do it. I just don't feel like walling it up with every single post I make.
i don't need you to expand on anything, i'm scumreading you on the content you have provided. it doesn't matter how much you provide, it's in the quality of the content and whether it makes sense or not. right now you're not making sense to me so im scumreading you.

And no shit my posts are open-ended, I have no idea who the hell is scum this game. I don't usually play with people of this caliber.
i just feel open-ended post are bad, they're an easy way for scum to hide. i feel like you should be committing to your reads more, rather than jumping all over the place
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by Bins »

@Aero - are you not in communication with your team? Did they not let you know the game had started / did you not notice conversation in the team chat was moving forward? I would expect Aristophanes to be on top of stuff. I do believe you didn't realize the game had started. Could be a reason to lean town on you, actually.

gtkas
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Mathdino »

You really don't get me as a player, do you? :lol:

1. You're not even reading. My EARLY reads mean nothing. As in literally my first 2 reads lists in almost every game are bullshitted. I do this to create a record of my trajectory and so I can get into arguments with people and generate discussion. But those reads are often completely different from my LATE DAY ONE reads. My reads RIGHT NOW mean something. Just not the ones on PAGE 2.

2. I don't even know how to respond to that.

3. I generally subscribe to the mastina school of scumhunting, just with massive differences in style. That is, I have no problem with driving an agenda to sort people better. But honestly if you think "people pushing their agenda" is scummy you're gonna have a rough go at this event. God help you if you're reading the other games :giggle:

4. Floating the idea. CDB is a rough player to read, and my gut says to townread him because of that playstyle that I've seen him use before (it's NAI). Part of it is PoE. But I'm not gonna "wagon" a player by myself.

5. My content quality is fine. If it wasn't, my teammates would've given me shit for it already, since we agreed to keep each other's bad reads/ideas in check. Your understanding of my content, however, is not fine.

Edit: oh shit you're right, I had that thought but completely forgot it
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Smocaine »

I'm present, anyone want ot say hi?
Sigs are
Bins