chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I would hope impossible because I've basically claimed a guilty
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1749, Hinduragi wrote:
In post 1748, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 1747, Hinduragi wrote:Aneninen is scum looking to cruise by D1 without doing a thing. Blanket statements and cherrypicking ISO's for convenience's sake when he hasn't done a thing for most of the game.
Almost50 wants to know how likely an Anenian lynch is.
With the way the game is going this D1, 0%.
Lol yeah I told him no chance.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Almost50 says Mastina and Aneninen are scum together but he can't decide on the third. He thinks RC is being pocketed not scum.

I told him Katyusha for 3rd and he said he'd be very surprised.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Does he understand that RC has to be lynched regardless
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 557, chesskid3 wrote:And if you think this is "EASY" you're out of your goddamn mind there's been so much resistance
Yeah.
In post 558, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am the resistance bitch
The thing about it is that RC has a strong force of personality. Having him resist in spite of him being a single player makes it subjectively
feel
like there's a shitload of resistance because RC as a player can singlehandedly create that much resistance on his own.

But by the numbers, no, there isn't that resistance. There is resistance to wagoning chesskid; there is resistance to wagoning Reck. There is virtually none to wagoning me. And that tells you everything you need to know. It's literally written into the fucking flowchart. Relevant section for those too lazy to look themselves:
mastina wrote:And finally...
Is there minimal resistance to lynching her?

Yes-->She's town; defend her!
...Maybe?-->You've gotten this far and the best you've got is a "maybe"?!? You dummy, run through it again! (But she's probably town anyway.)-->All other factors equal, if you're having this much trouble reading Mastin, just freakin' assume she's town. (She likely is, anyway.)-->FOR THE LOVE OF GODS, SHE'S TOWN, DANG IT.
No-->She's probably scum...but you should run through the flowchart one more time just to be sure, as a precaution.
This is based on the long-standing history I have. scumastina is basically a god of scumplay. No, scumastina is not actually a god of scumplay, but she's BASICALLY a god of scumplay. She is one of, if not THE, most elite scum players on the entire fucking site. And it shows. When I am scum. Things go according to my plan. There are, of course, exceptions to this--but those exceptions prove the general rule. You're talking about the player who
had essentially a fucking cop guilty on her
, and yet
managed to make a mylo mislynch
. (And not on the person who claimed the result, even! On an entirely different town player. I didn't go the easy route and 1v1 the guilty; I
called the person who claimed the guilty conftown
. And I still fucking won the fight.)

I've been pushed, bussed, by scum players who are really fucking strong. Ginngie and Pine together in a hydra (albeit admittedly her in her infancy) couldn't get a fucking lynch through on scumastina when bussing me. gerryfuckingoat the unlynchable motherfucker he is (as scum at least) couldn't get a fucking lynch through on scumastina
even though in a near-identical playerlist, he got a lynch through on a town-mastina
. (Albeit, admittedly, only after I was forcefully vacated from the slot because I learned something which I technically already knew was true anyway but which I still wasn't supposed to actually 100% beyond any shadow of a doubt have confirmed for me as it was accidentally.)

I'm not sure how long back this stretches. How far back the absolute lack of wagons on scumastina goes. But the flowchart was first developed back in 2014, so even back then this trend existed. That item on the flowchart wasn't something added later; it existed from the get-go, from the onset, from the very first development of the flowchart.

scumastina doesn't get wagoned...

...But a town mastina DOES.
A town mastina can, has, and WILL be wagoned, even lynched. I do have enough of a cult of personality as my detractors call it such that it is less frequent than it was before--people get annoyed by me, people want me to be scum because me being scum is easier for their sanity, people have the
desire
for my play to come from scum...so I get wagoned.

The difference between scumastina and town-mastina is that scumastina is a player people like. I am incredibly agreeable when I am scum. I am someone who makes a lot of friends, because a scumastina avoids making enemies. A scumastina knows that she needs to not antagonize players, so she doesn't.

But as town, because I don't know who is town or scum, and just in general because town-mastina is more true to my actual personality (scumastina is a mask, town mastina is just me as who I am), I am insufferable. I am someone people want to lynch. I am someone who is easy to wagon. I am someone who might not actually get lynched! But I am someone who still fucking gets wagoned...

...Yet only as town.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1734, chesskid3 wrote:Can you respond to the one post I've asked you to then Reck? because saying you're ignoring me and then conplaining about the posts that arent that important while ignoring the key one isn't helping either.

I need to know that upon mastina scumflip you're going to agree to lynch RC. Like, I've gone back and forth on that read 10x and I know you're townreading him at last checkin but he just has to die upon mastinascum and there can't be room for wriggling out because like hes seemed like both pants on head town and scum alternately. I expect to die N1, but think about his actions and motivations and like which world makes more sense I guess
I won't commit to mastina->RC because I really don't think RC is scum right now. It'll depend on the path we take between now and then.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1735, Aneninen wrote:
In post 1708, xRECKONERx wrote:@Anen: I mean that's fine and all but like if one of your scummates is in the {mastina/Reck/chesskid/RC} clusterfuck, your best move is to engage people outside of it at that point, and I think Katyu does exactly that with you. And you spell it out: it makes sense if Katyu is scum with one of the louder people. And I think they are.
I'll think about this later. You may have a point. But, as I said, it's not only our interaction why I townread her. Also, that namelist (did you include yourself?) are not among'st my scumreads. Plus, it's scumteam speculation, which is not a good idea on Day1. Maybe later, when we have flips.
I included myself as an example of the four way clusterfuck of loudness that has happened today. IMO it's very unlikely there isn't at least one scum among the group.
green shirt thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1755, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1734, chesskid3 wrote:Can you respond to the one post I've asked you to then Reck? because saying you're ignoring me and then conplaining about the posts that arent that important while ignoring the key one isn't helping either.

I need to know that upon mastina scumflip you're going to agree to lynch RC. Like, I've gone back and forth on that read 10x and I know you're townreading him at last checkin but he just has to die upon mastinascum and there can't be room for wriggling out because like hes seemed like both pants on head town and scum alternately. I expect to die N1, but think about his actions and motivations and like which world makes more sense I guess
I won't commit to mastina->RC because I really don't think RC is scum right now. It'll depend on the path we take between now and then.
I mean, the thing is it has to happen right? like you could argue day 3 instead but easiest to get it out of the way and like I said the days events just make more sense if its scum going all in
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

like honest to god couldnt tell you how he'll flip but he can't be in lylo and im sure you understand that

and the longer game goes the more sane voices die...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I am very firmly of the mindset that there is probably one scum among the loudest distraction of the day and that the other two are dancing along the edges.

Katyu's play makes perfect sense if one of the clusterfuck is scum.

Therefore, I won't commit that mastina scum means RC scum. I think it certainly causes people to take a harder look at RC. But by that point, we'd have a hider result + another night of results, hopefully, to sort stuff out. Plus a couple more flips.

I'm in no way confident or prepared to make D1 associative tell chainlynches considering the massive amount of variables between now and then.

Also, wanna make it clear: my gut is to townread Hindu after that giant defense. I think the weak ass point about "but Reck isn't pocketed because he's considering me!" is just semantics (whether I'm pocketed or not, it's the intent that matters) but it really feels genuine and town-like to me. I believe that he believes everything he's saying, even if the points aren't as salient as he'd like them to be.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I do agree RC can't be in LyLo because he's too dangerous as scum and wouldn't make sense to be there if he was actually town.

Although, if I'm right on mastina/Katyu, his reads are so bad that maybe scum won't kill him as a liability.

But yes generally I agree that RC can't make lylo regardless of alignment unless we have some solid results
green shirt thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

hider behind RC is also ok as the doublekill doesnt cost us anything
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Ok cool thanks reck
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by mastina »

(For that matter, really, people should read the fucking flowchart in full. scumastina has a formula. scumastina uses the same basic methodology literally every game, but each time uses a different plan, a different implementation of the basic formula. In that regard, scumastina is both someone who never changes her play, and yet also follows the methodology of "it only works once" and constantly changes things up. She changes the details. She changes the exact execution of how she plays. But she always fits into one basic mold of scumplay.

Why?

Because it works.

That's why. Why fix what's not broken? Scumastina has a proven track record of winning scum games, to such an extent where she finds drawing scum to be boring. She actually kinda loathes it because she knows that when she draws scum, she's going to win. She loves the thrill of the hunt. But being the hunted gives her no joy because she already knows how to trick her pursuers before they even know they need to pursue. In fact, she's so bored as scum that she feels the need to be a cheeky scumfuck in order to derive entertainment from the game.

Scumastina loves being a large ham--a cartoon villain. She will blatantly broadcast exactly why she is scum for the whole fucking world to see, and yet in spite of telling you exactly how she is going to win the game as scum, she remains uncaught because she developed the plan in such a way that the "heroes" fall into her trap when they act exactly as she predicted they would.

THAT is scumastina.

And, sure. Yeah. A town-mastina has some traits which superficially resemble a scumastina. Scumastina is a cheeky scumfuck and broadcasts why she is scum, yet receives towncred for having done so because "she wouldn't have said that if she were
actually
scum", more or less. Town mastina instead will often be objective and present arguments for why she
could
be scum--something which looks similar to scumastina being a cheeky scumfuck and saying why she IS scum--but it's never identical. I'm not quite sure I can actually explain the difference between the two; it's just something you have to see for yourself in order to get.)
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Reck, out of anyone on that list, mastina is the scummiest by virtue of everyone else being strong townreads.
The difference between scumastina and town-mastina is that scumastina is a player people like. I am incredibly agreeable when I am scum. I am someone who makes a lot of friends, because a scumastina avoids making enemies. A scumastina knows that she needs to not antagonize players, so she doesn't.

But as town, because I don't know who is town or scum, and just in general because town-mastina is more true to my actual personality (scumastina is a mask, town mastina is just me as who I am), I am insufferable. I am someone people want to lynch. I am someone who is easy to wagon. I am someone who might not actually get lynched! But I am someone who still fucking gets wagoned...

...Yet only as town.
It shouldn't be telling but I identify on a deep level with this. I just don't know about this lynch and I don't feel strongly for it. I believe ck3 thinks mastina is scum. But I don't feel sold on the lynch on the basis of "sekreit scumhunting tool".
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1732, Aneninen wrote:More ISOs.

Creature
posts only one-liners. No real content, only reactions, but at least, some questions too. It seems to be a common knowledge (?) that he's terrible at being scum. Therefore, he must be town. I guess, this must be his townplay because if it weren't so, there would be votes on him. Still, what if he picked scum because noone expects that?
If I ignore that "common knowledge", I don't have much to say. I've seen this playstyle from townies and from scum too.
Null
btw this post strikes me as way too fence-sitty at this stage of the game, especially on Creature

gun to my head right now scumteam is mastina/Katyu/Anen but strongest reads are Katyu/mastina

p.edit: I've ignored all self-meta to this point and I won't listen to it as being a strong line of defense
green shirt thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

cuz its also like ive heard hes good at this game which doesnt line up with me u him town mastina scum
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1764, Hinduragi wrote:I don't feel sold on the lynch on the basis of "sekreit scumhunting tool".
but it has it's own perfect record. I get you havent encountered it tho
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1763, mastina wrote:(For that matter, really, people should read the fucking flowchart in full. scumastina has a formula. scumastina uses the same basic methodology literally every game, but each time uses a different plan, a different implementation of the basic formula. In that regard, scumastina is both someone who never changes her play, and yet also follows the methodology of "it only works once" and constantly changes things up. She changes the details. She changes the exact execution of how she plays. But she always fits into one basic mold of scumplay.

Why?

Because it works.

That's why. Why fix what's not broken? Scumastina has a proven track record of winning scum games, to such an extent where she finds drawing scum to be boring. She actually kinda loathes it because she knows that when she draws scum, she's going to win. She loves the thrill of the hunt. But being the hunted gives her no joy because she already knows how to trick her pursuers before they even know they need to pursue. In fact, she's so bored as scum that she feels the need to be a cheeky scumfuck in order to derive entertainment from the game.

Scumastina loves being a large ham--a cartoon villain. She will blatantly broadcast exactly why she is scum for the whole fucking world to see, and yet in spite of telling you exactly how she is going to win the game as scum, she remains uncaught because she developed the plan in such a way that the "heroes" fall into her trap when they act exactly as she predicted they would.

THAT is scumastina.

And, sure. Yeah. A town-mastina has some traits which superficially resemble a scumastina. Scumastina is a cheeky scumfuck and broadcasts why she is scum, yet receives towncred for having done so because "she wouldn't have said that if she were
actually
scum", more or less. Town mastina instead will often be objective and present arguments for why she
could
be scum--something which looks similar to scumastina being a cheeky scumfuck and saying why she IS scum--but it's never identical. I'm not quite sure I can actually explain the difference between the two; it's just something you have to see for yourself in order to get.)
scale of 1-10, how hyped are you right now finding a game-related reason to talk solely about yourself this much
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

btw how does mastina know she's under pressure??? thought she caught up from the beginning every time no exceptions?????

wow it's almost like self meta is bad!!!!!!!!!!!
green shirt thursdays
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1752, CheekyTeeky wrote:Almost50 says Mastina and Aneninen are scum together but he can't decide on the third. He thinks RC is being pocketed not scum.

I told him Katyusha for 3rd and he said he'd be very surprised.
Have him read my iso for the answer
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1765, xRECKONERx wrote:gun to my head right now scumteam is mastina/Katyu/Anen
This is approved by Team Sauciety.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 560, chesskid3 wrote:Uhhhhhh Cheeky waffled on it 2-3x
Yet still voted it.

On-again, off-again, on-again is still fucking on the wagon, as an extra member even when not voting there because it shows a fucking WILLINGNESS to vote there.
Yoshi is chainsaw sheeping after not a comment, S_S had a lot to say but didn't even comment on it
Lack of comment != resistance. RESISTANCE = resistance. You know what resistance is? Strongly pushing against the wagon. Strongly saying it shouldn't happen, and that this should happen instead. Not commenting on it at all is thus. Not fucking resistance.
In post 563, Hinduragi wrote:Is mastina being voted rn?
Yes. And most of the votes there are objectively terrible. Half of them are explicitly at least partially OMGUS. (For instance, Reck; "mastina's vote on me was terrible"; chesskid, "mastina's push on me was terrible".)
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Katyu is also a phenom lynch but Mastina first is better for reasons stated before it breaks the game open
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Also the fact that it's 100% scum vs like 85% or whatever

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”