RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1998, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1995, RadiantCowbells wrote:Have you not played enough games with me to know that that's not true? :P
I haven't played that much with town-you, actually.
I was actually talking about scum-me and my tendency to get away with pushing lynches like the Mastina one here game after game.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 770, Katyusha wrote:that and her certainty of her read on raybells
It's not just Radiant Cowbells. It's also Firebringer. Yes, both are players I have a spotty track record on reading. But that's no excuse to not try, and I am willing to die for my beliefs. Yes, it's
possible
that I am wrong...but I
really
don't think so. I'm absolutely at the point where I'm willing to take the risk.

RadiantCowbells never plays this way as scum.

Like.

He just doesn't.

Firebringer doesn't sub out as scum.

Not in this game environment.

Everything just FITS with RadiantCowbells as town. And I happen to also know that RadiantCowbells's skills as scum have rusted. In his own words, he's "lost something [he'll] never get back". His scumplay has deteriorated. If this were his fucking scumplay. Then he fucking got the thing he thought he lost back, because it's livid, it's passionate, it's energetic and vindictive in a way that simply can't come from scum.
In post 763, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 760, Something_Smart wrote:And why would she be more likely to avoid the thread as scum than as town?
This is a very reliable tell called the ELLITELL
Oh hey you mean the fucking tell that Elli used at least once if not twice against a town mastina? In the very fucking game you listed no less among others?

THAT Ellitell?

Yeah how 'bout that.

It was used against me when I was fucking town.
In post 764, chesskid3 wrote:If she was in any way genuine about scumreading me she would have been in here posting about
Oh hey! Guess what I actually fucking did the moment I actually fucking came online (10 PM) rather than the time you're lying about me having been around (some unspecified earlier time which magically exists somewhere in spite of literally every fucking minute of my Monday having been booked and accounted for).

That's right!

I was in here, posting about!

For much fucking longer than I should have been.

I was coughing half the day from pseudosickness on Tuesday because I got less than two fucking hours of sleep because I spent six fucking hours on this fucking game and didn't even get close to caught up.

Literally.

Every.
fucking.
thing.

You are saying a town mastina would have done.
I actually fucking did.

Literally.

Every.
fucking.
thing.

You are saying a scumastina would have done I didn't actually fucking do.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh i missed the 'why'

...still generally the same answer though, like going after screenplay in particular and still feeling it isn't a very townie thing to do, but who knows you're here now and maybe are going to update your reads!
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Like I have an 100% record of faking guilties, besides the one where I was super drunk and don't actually remember doing it. I still fake guilties as scum, have them flip town, and walk away from it. There's this implicit assumption that people are making that mastina flips town and goodbye chesskid that has no basis in the reality of mafia.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2002, chesskid3 wrote:Oh i missed the 'why'

...still generally the same answer though, like going after screenplay in particular and still feeling it isn't a very townie thing to do, but who knows you're here now and maybe are going to update your reads!
That wasn't really an answer.

If you want me to change my reads maybe you should offer an argument as to why he's town?
In post 2003, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like I have an 100% record of faking guilties, besides the one where I was super drunk and don't actually remember doing it. I still fake guilties as scum, have them flip town, and walk away from it. There's this implicit assumption that people are making that mastina flips town and goodbye chesskid that has no basis in the reality of mafia.
It definitely has a basis. The basis is in the fact that most players get lynched after faking a guilty on town.

Granted, it's not a foregone conclusion. But I'd like to think that in team mafia the teams will have enough people with common sense to convince their teammates, especially since as you said what he's doing is less effective on people not in the game.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm not going to towncase screenplay I don't really see the benefit.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:50 pm

I really don't think it will help. Imo MS systematically assumes that people who are deathtunneling and pretending to be absolutely certain on a read are town.
It's one of the things I like about MU better that generally if you push scum wincon the whole game you get lynched for having done so.

Like the reasons given for chesskid town are basically 'this is how he is' and that's at best an argument in favour of null. There's no reason chesskid shouldn't behave like this as scum.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2006, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's one of the things I like about MU better that generally if you push scum wincon the whole game you get lynched for having done so.
saving this for when RC tries to save himself after Mastina flips scum
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:52 pm

If Mastina flips scum I am going to make sure whatever invention shows up gets used to clear or kill you then selfvote.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

L
M

A

O
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 784, xRECKONERx wrote:this is literally a living example of why scum lurking is an ok strat
Scum lurking would in fact be a valid strategy! Too bad the narrative I was employing it relies on the idea that I fucking was actually around during times that I can literally easily prove I was not.

I even fucking was posting on a different forum during that time (the site I host comics on has a forum and because I was beginning to host my new comic My Life, I made posts on the forum during that time); I prefer to never ever ever fucking link to that forum (it's my art life and like I said I like to keep my art life and my mafia life entirely separated from one another nowadays) but I can literally prove that I unambiguously was in fact fucking posting on that forum and easily show that it was me if need be to prove that I was not fucking around mafiascum. And this? Not even fucking against site rules; the only fucking thing stopping me is that I don't want to taint my art life by associating it with my mafia life.
In post 779, Katyusha wrote:mastina can defend herself and if she changes my mind she changes my mind
I don't need to defend myself when the wagon on me speaks for its fucking self. When the people voting me are literally saying "mastina as town would do these things" (which I did) "and as scum would do these things" (which I didn't) and being called out on their bullshit and then just repeating the same things over and over again as if saying them differently will suddenly make them true.

I don't need to defend myself.

I can just point to that, and tell you that if you want to vote scum, you need only look at it.
In post 789, Katyusha wrote:i still feel like i have too many townreads without being confident in my scumreads :/
Hint: because everyone you fingered for scum is town and because you have the actual fucking scum listed as town in there.
In post 791, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 789, Katyusha wrote:
8. Srceenplay, Chillplay Bombahskiies
Talk to me about this one.
It is the most egregious, but the Reck/chesskid ones were also bad, so.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2010, mastina wrote:the only fucking thing stopping me is that I don't want to taint my art life by associating it with my mafia life.
(Rather. More specifically. Art-me is a different me than mastina is. She is the me who is most dominant yet who isn't me. And she hates the association between us. She'd prefer if we were physically two different people. In more intimate, personal settings, she enjoys the relationship between us, sure enough, in that her not being her complete and entire own person means that she can disappear for times more or less, that she doesn't have to always be around, that she can rest, that she can take a break which she often does need because she is more easily overwhelmed than even I am.

But other times, like when it comes to me playing mafia. She wants nothing more than to wish we actually had different bodies, that we actually had different lives, that we weren't as interconnected, interlinked, as we are. I try to respect her boundaries. I try to not push things too far. And I don't want to compromise that by linking to what is essentially "her domain". It would prove I was fucking not on mafiascum as definitively and unambiguously as it'd get. But it'd also explicitly link us together in a way she loathes. She is not mastina and she fucking hates people thinking she is with a burning passion, and I don't want to give credence to the idea she is.)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:02 pm

S_S, who are you scumreading right now?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by mastina »

(For further details, refer to my GTKAS thread where I explain it in that I identify as a Median system, that there are different mes in spite of there being a "core" which is always the same. All of us are Bree, but art-me isn't mastina and I am hesitant to talk about this mostly to respect her wishes since she just doesn't want to be lumped in as being mastina when she's not.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 pm

In post 2012, RadiantCowbells wrote:S_S, who are you scumreading right now?
First of all, I'm excluding you, mastina, and chesskid from consideration. Although I do have some opinions I think those opinions are more likely to be noise than signal and I am firmly of the belief that mechanical means should be used to deal with all three of you. (Meaning some permutation of lynching one and if they flip town then lynching those who the lynched person was sure were scum and those who were sure the lynched person was scum.)

With that aside... I don't have any players I would consider scumreads. When pretty much everything involving you three is removed from consideration there's not much left that's coherent enough to form a scumread on, and I know from experience that if I try to force scumreads based on little pings it leads to tunnels and pain. As I've mentioned before I had such pings on Srceenplay and GL, and I think recently Anen said a thing or two I didn't love. So if you want the people who are at the bottom of my readlist at the moment, it would probably be them.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:20 pm

(Meaning some permutation of lynching one and if they flip town then lynching those who the lynched person was sure were scum and those who were sure the lynched person was scum.)
To this end, would you be willing to vote Chesskid?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1669, chesskid3 wrote:Well I can't seem to find the MD posts but I know it was spoken about in Surrep, but Elli has a beta program where you basically feed it a lot of meta information from past games and it finds various meta tells.

I was super skeptical this thing existed until he showed me how it cleared vonflare and caught transcend scum in Surrep after the game

Anyway long story short during game prep Elli and I ran some more popular etc posters including Mastina. In addition to my scumread, and I wasn't even gonna do this since I think it's kinda lame, somewhere in her posting she dropped a sure thing scumtell.

I cannot and will not reveal it because I don't want to get murdered by Elli, but I can assure you with every fiber of my being that mastina is scum.

Now that's fine if you dont believe me, but given how RC is playing we aren't getting anywhere, so one of the following 2 needs to happen and I need promises in blood from the game they will.

Lynch Mastina If scum, lynch RC. Hider stays away from the entire situation.

Lynch chesskid. If town, lynch Mastina. If Mastina scum, lynch RC. Hider again stays away from the entire situation.
Well I'm off to bed! Just bumping this in case anyone who is reading the thread/will show up to the thead for today after I'm gone, to make sure it's seen!

If this doesn't ring a bell for you personally, please check with your teammates as there's a good number of people who have experienced this from one end or another.

Goodnight :)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:22 pm

That requires you to actually be town to matter.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:25 pm

And frankly if Chesskid was town: why didn't he bring that out right at the beginning? There's literally no reason to hold that back: he didn't bring it up as a thing until momentum turned against him. Why would Chesskid's personality hold onto something like that as opposed to throwing literally every single thing they can think of at a person like he has been doing the rest of the game? Most of the stuff he says doesn't even make sense, but he skipped over a supposedly 100% tell to argue with me that Mastina was scum because she thinks her scum game is too good to get voted. That's bullshit.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 815, chesskid3 wrote:I mean everyone IS going to follow me eventually
Sure will, once you get your mastina mislynch and nightkill RadiantCowbells!
In post 800, chesskid3 wrote:but look at those 8 posts man
Yes indeed. Actually fucking look at them and see how much chesskid and co. have focused on them and ask if it's warranted. (Hint: it's not.)
In post 806, Katyusha wrote:if ur not bussing i’ll find out
Hard to bus a mislynch!
In post 814, Hinduragi wrote:Yoshi, I'm not following why you scumread chesskid just because he is doing what he has always done: pretending everyone is following him via shouting
I mean, is that it?
No, that's what he wants the town to fucking think he's doing but he's just scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:28 pm

In post 2015, RadiantCowbells wrote:
(Meaning some permutation of lynching one and if they flip town then lynching those who the lynched person was sure were scum and those who were sure the lynched person was scum.)
To this end, would you be willing to vote Chesskid?
As long as it's part of a plan that I approve of and I'm confident that people will actually follow the plan, yes.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2018, RadiantCowbells wrote:And frankly if Chesskid was town: why didn't he bring that out right at the beginning? There's literally no reason to hold that back: he didn't bring it up as a thing until momentum turned against him. Why would Chesskid's personality hold onto something like that as opposed to throwing literally every single thing they can think of at a person like he has been doing the rest of the game? Most of the stuff he says doesn't even make sense, but he skipped over a supposedly 100% tell to argue with me that Mastina was scum because she thinks her scum game is too good to get voted. That's bullshit.
In post 2016, chesskid3 wrote:I wasn't even gonna do this since I think it's kinda lame
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ok there is a ridiculous amount of content now so I think those arguing for or against the mastina lynch can stop and the rest of the players need to decide if they're into it or not. If we continue on the current trajectory the next however many days until deadline then we will end up lynching mastina ANYWAY to avoid a no lynch. Current discussion needs to shift to YES/NO mastina and sorting of other candidates. We need no further analysus content on mastina as she'll happily provide it herself as she catches up.

When the thread is spammed up like this, town legitimately lose interest and scum wins. So please stop.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:32 pm

In post 2021, chesskid3 wrote:In post 2016, chesskid3 wrote:
I wasn't even gonna do this since I think it's kinda lame
I'm making assumptions about Chesskid's character but I find it flagrantly unbelievable that he has an iwin button and didn't use it until desperate.
Ok there is a ridiculous amount of content now so I think those arguing for or against the mastina lynch can stop and the rest of the players need to decide if they're into it or not. If we continue on the current trajectory the next however many days until deadline then we will end up lynching mastina ANYWAY to avoid a no lynch. Current discussion needs to shift to YES/NO mastina and sorting of other candidates. We need no further analysus content on mastina as she'll happily provide it herself as she catches up.
As long as all Chesskid is doing is telling people to lynch Mastina if I stop encouraging them to go the other way then Mastina lynch wins by default.
I think that there is a not unreasonable chance of me getting my Chesskid lynch and I'll fight for it.

Alternatively if you get Chesskid to fuck off for a day I can also stop pushing him for a day and sort the rest of the players.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Yeah no I'm sorry Cheeky I get the sentiment, but I'm not ok with that because FMPOV I have caught scum and absolute worst case my flip confirms it so putting this on pause for a day if 8 people vote NO doesn't help.

It just doesn't go away and is a distraction every day.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”