LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 366, Thestatusquo wrote:Like ffs, we have now 15 pages of hard interaction to go off of I don't understand how you guys think the most fruitful course of action is to jump on the guy who is not even here.

Mike, what do you think of my attacks on gamma emerald? More to the point, what do you think of ADs case and NSGs response to it? What are your positions on these slots?

LQ, same question.
Honestly I have seen so many Scum use the argument "No, don't go after lurkers, it's pointless" This is not a Town mindset to have because at what point DO we go after lurkers? If we don't go after lurkers today, then when? Because lurkers hurt Town really really badly late game.

What I am seeing is that Maquise Promised content and has not delivered. I see no excuse for this as of yet. What's more, is it's very easy to say "there are other people who are actually Scummy" but on average I would say when people make that argument, it ends up with a Town lynch anyways, thus, it's not beneficial to us.

I am on the fence on GE. When I look at his vote patterns it strikes me pretty surprisingly as Townie mindset. The blatant OMGUS on you after going after Dunn struck me as something that much more often comes from Town. That said, as I have said about Llama, this makes him a chaotic player and as such I feel the need to reserve my read on that slot until later in the game.

As far as CES goes (since I have yet to speak on them), their actual content strikes me as Townie, it's just that there is not enough of it to give a decent read there.

Lycan is Def someone I could get on board with a wagon on - same goes for Dunn. Yes, I am going on a lurker hunt atm because I think this brings a net gain to Town going into D2.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 306, northsidegal wrote:@cogito ergo sum, who are you scumreading and why?

In post 355, Gamma Emerald wrote:You mentioned you would have lurked as scum, that's self-meta friendo
first of all – no, it isn't, and i've already explained this. if you have something to say in response then say so. second – is there some reason you commented on this? does this relate to your read on me in any way? because all i see from this is someone
looking
for something to make a response to rather than someone actually having something to respond to, if that makes sense.

@gamma, do you make your posts chronologically? that is, do you type a response to a post before reading the rest of the posts in the thread after it?
In post 371, Thestatusquo wrote:I am aware of that, but the votes of llamarble and LQ just feel lazy there, for lack of a better word. I just don't understand how they could read what's happened in the last day and think "huh, the best thing to do here is to vote the lurker with no explanation"
looking at llamarble's reads list, the majority of his scumreads are among the lurkier / lower-content players. don't you think it's possible someone could be reading the game and be coming to the conclusion that the active players are more likely town?

mathdino has some thoughts he would like me to share. first, he says that he's almost positive that sauce is town, having played with him. second, to sauce, he says to stop posting information instead of analysis "bs" and to start scumhunting, because he knows that you can do better than this.
for my own quick thoughts, i think eddie is probably town, for something i'll quote in a second.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 375, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 366, Thestatusquo wrote:Like ffs, we have now 15 pages of hard interaction to go off of I don't understand how you guys think the most fruitful course of action is to jump on the guy who is not even here.

Mike, what do you think of my attacks on gamma emerald? More to the point, what do you think of ADs case and NSGs response to it? What are your positions on these slots?

LQ, same question.
Honestly I have seen so many Scum use the argument "No, don't go after lurkers, it's pointless" This is not a Town mindset to have because at what point DO we go after lurkers? If we don't go after lurkers today, then when? Because lurkers hurt Town really really badly late game.

What I am seeing is that Maquise Promised content and has not delivered. I see no excuse for this as of yet. What's more, is it's very easy to say "there are other people who are actually Scummy" but on average I would say when people make that argument, it ends up with a Town lynch anyways, thus, it's not beneficial to us.

I am on the fence on GE. When I look at his vote patterns it strikes me pretty surprisingly as Townie mindset. The blatant OMGUS on you after going after Dunn struck me as something that much more often comes from Town. That said, as I have said about Llama, this makes him a chaotic player and as such I feel the need to reserve my read on that slot until later in the game.

As far as CES goes (since I have yet to speak on them), their actual content strikes me as Townie, it's just that there is not enough of it to give a decent read there.

Lycan is Def someone I could get on board with a wagon on - same goes for Dunn. Yes, I am going on a lurker hunt atm because I think this brings a net gain to Town going into D2.
-whacks with logic stick- no lurker hunts day 1! That's the easy way out.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:35 pm

In post 377, EddieFenix wrote:

LQ, same question.

Normally, I would agree with not going after lurkers D1 and hold off until D2... But...

This is not a normal game. This is a game within a game of meta information. As such, I am not really going after lurkers, but going after the players who are producing the least amount of content, or in otherwords, the players who are providing the least amount of information for the meta game.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9, Ellibereth wrote:Transcend has broken the rule against copy and pasting from PT's/Discords.

The consequences are as follows:

1) Team eddie cane was given the options to either replace Transcend, or to swap skirt skirt (the author of the copy and pasted post) and Transcend.

2) Team eddie cane has chosen to swap the two players.

3) This counts as Team eddie cane's player swap.

4) For the purposes of tiebreaks this swap counts as an organizer-assisted replacement.

Any future instances of similar rule-breaking will be dealt with harshly. Please read all the rules and pm me if you have questions about them or this judgement in particular.
Please note this reminder of the rules. Vote count coming later tonight.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Happy with TSQ for town.
AD could def. still be scum; ISO analysis was eh.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 375, LicketyQuickety wrote:What I am seeing is that Maquise Promised content and has not delivered. I see no excuse for this as of yet.
In post 368, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Marquis
is scummy
and I'm certainly not going to let the fact that he's lurking work to his defense. Scum do it and they do it often. Because it works.
1) i got sick
2) it's literally been a day
3) again it's literally been a day. i know i didn't post when i said i would (oh no someone didn't keep their word on ms.net) but like. come on. it's not 2005. lurking isn't a scumtell (if anything the scum meta is spamposting but i'll cut off because i'm not sure if that applies here yet). town has just as much motivation to not want to deal with things. case in point i pretty much played overwatch all last night because i really didn't feel like coming into d1 scumreads/votes on me and trying to defend myself.

also this seems like the kind of playerlist to hate self analysis/meta but i am! really really not good at being pressured because i'm really bad at defending myself other than being sarcastic and i hate how it distracts me from trying to get unbiased reads and sort the game. again nobody here i'm familiar enough with but cheet aero and spiff can vouch @ respective team partners.

anywayy i have a lot to get to irl tonight because i was pretty much out of it the whole day. but afterward i'll read up and start to sort things. i guess.

pls don't wagon me (any more) for the next hour or so. ty!
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Marquis »

also i blame the sudden reintroduction of mafia into my life (and the dickwaving that comes with it) for getting me overstressed and sick but that's more of a side note irrelevant to anything just thought yall should know!!!!
link in bio
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 378, LicketyQuickety wrote:

LQ, same question.

Normally, I would agree with not going after lurkers D1 and hold off until D2... But...

This is not a normal game. This is a game within a game of meta information. As such, I am not really going after lurkers, but going after the players who are producing the least amount of content, or in otherwords, the players who are providing the least amount of information for the meta game.
-whacks with logic stick again- Day 3 OF 14. I'll admit that I was rushing to get a town block together and formed. Bad Eddie -whacks self with logic stick-. However, right now, this game is a crawl of a game. On one end, that's fine for folks like me who have chaos going on irl to be able to manage a slow crawl like this. I slogged thru one of my mates games in a night and wanted to punch people by the end because of how it was. It's also why I am ok with giving time for those people who are producing the least amount of content to get their asses in here to produce content. Giving it the "marathon, not a sprint" mentality, because IRL stuff trumps forum game stuff (for the 18+ crowd).
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 380, Llamarble wrote:Happy with TSQ for town.
AD could def. still be scum; ISO analysis was eh.
you! Why is LQ in your null area?! I'm still waiting for that answer.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:24 pm

In post 383, EddieFenix wrote:

LQ, same question.

-whacks with logic stick again- Day 3 OF 14. I'll admit that I was rushing to get a town block together and formed. Bad Eddie -whacks self with logic stick-. However, right now, this game is a crawl of a game. On one end, that's fine for folks like me who have chaos going on irl to be able to manage a slow crawl like this. I slogged thru one of my mates games in a night and wanted to punch people by the end because of how it was. It's also why I am ok with giving time for those people who are producing the least amount of content to get their asses in here to produce content. Giving it the "marathon, not a sprint" mentality, because IRL stuff trumps forum game stuff (for the 18+ crowd).
You are ignoring the amount of information that people have access to. I can, for example, ask someone on my team to ISO Marquis and have them give a read on that player. So now all the sudden I have a confirmed Town that I can bounce things off of. When a player provided zero information in a game at almost the 72 hour marker, then that is something that needs to be addressed IMO.

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 380, Llamarble wrote:ISO analysis was eh.
can you elaborate on what you didn't like?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 385, LicketyQuickety wrote:

LQ, same question.

You are ignoring the amount of information that people have access to. I can, for example, ask someone on my team to ISO Marquis and have them give a read on that player. So now all the sudden I have a confirmed Town that I can bounce things off of. When a player provided zero information in a game at almost the 72 hour marker, then that is something that needs to be addressed IMO.
Image (logic stick from now on)

You can't rely on someone from your team to give you a perfect confirmed read, when the players (plural) on your team may have a conflicting read (example: my team: Mastina - has Postie scum. Bulb has Postie town. I see both sides, so I sit at NULL until I have Mastina back). He's L3 right now (If memory serves). We have the pressure and it's like triggering beetlejuice with certain players when their name comes up as a "this person needs content". We only need to find 2 scum to win. If we DON'T like what he has to say by, or for that matter any of the lurkers that aren't giving content, I'm going to give them til day 7-8 (irl) to get their butts in here and get posting something, then we string up players of that ilk. Marathon. Spell it with me. M.A.R.A.T.H.O.N.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Postie »

Eddie do you have like
reads

or anything that isn't theory or IIoA
In post 339, EddieFenix wrote:I'd like to hear the opposition to Llama, if you could be so kind, LQ :).
In post 342, EddieFenix wrote:Do you have any opinions on anyone else that could/should be added to the town core, LQ?
In post 384, EddieFenix wrote:you! Why is LQ in your null area?! I'm still waiting for that answer.
I also notice you ask a lot of questions like this but never seem to reach any meaninguful conclusions from the answers you're given
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:19 pm

In post 387, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 385, LicketyQuickety wrote:

LQ, same question.

You can't rely on someone from your team to give you a perfect confirmed read, when the players (plural) on your team may have a conflicting read (example: my team: Mastina - has Postie scum. Bulb has Postie town. I see both sides, so I sit at NULL until I have Mastina back). He's L3 right now (If memory serves). We have the pressure and it's like triggering beetlejuice with certain players when their name comes up as a "this person needs content". We only need to find 2 scum to win. If we DON'T like what he has to say by, or for that matter any of the lurkers that aren't giving content, I'm going to give them til day 7-8 (irl) to get their butts in here and get posting something, then we string up players of that ilk. Marathon. Spell it with me. M.A.R.A.T.H.O.N.
You misunderstood what I said. I said I would have a confirmed Town to bounce things off of, not that I would just go "yup, Creature says Eddie is Town, he must be Town." It adds information and perspective to things, but I didn't say in any way that it makes things definite.

You do have a fair point about waiting till half D1 is over until we go after lurkers though.

Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Postie »

Talking more to the rest of the thread than Eddie now but
In post 339, EddieFenix wrote:I'd like to hear the opposition to Llama, if you could be so kind, LQ :).
In post 340, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Llama has so far been a vary chaotic player. As such, I think those sorts of players are the type you can't get a solid read on right away. That's why I am hesitant to put them in a Town core. It's not even that I SR Ll, it's that I don't feel comfortable giving a solid read on that slot yet, if that makes sense.
Like look at this exchange
You'd think that you'd ask the question Eddie did to try and discern something about Llama or LQ's alignments and a natural follow-up to this exchange would be to consider those things

But instead we get
In post 341, EddieFenix wrote:Completely and utterly logical imo.
And yeah you can say well maybe he just wasn't really sure what to think yet and was mulling things over but can you point me to anything resembling a reads progression from him
anywhere
in the thread
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Postie »

Can you trim down the fucking quote walls guys
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 376, northsidegal wrote:
In post 355, Gamma Emerald wrote:You mentioned you would have lurked as scum, that's self-meta friendo
first of all – no, it isn't, and i've already explained this. if you have something to say in response then say so. second – is there some reason you commented on this? does this relate to your read on me in any way? because all i see from this is someone
looking
for something to make a response to rather than someone actually having something to respond to, if that makes sense.

@gamma, do you make your posts chronologically? that is, do you type a response to a post before reading the rest of the posts in the thread after it?
I was trying to help define self-meta. If you talk about what your play is like, that's self-meta to me. It also served the purpose of sorting you through how you responded. FYI I think your response is town. As for responding chronologically, I do that, but I try to not do that because it makes me feel stupid.

Eddie ISO coming probably within the hour, will be all Eddie posts befoer this point with some things addressing other posts before this after the ISO. After that I'll look into these other posts after this some more, I just wanted to answer the question directed at me quickly.

PEdit: Postie sorry but another wall is coming soon, would you mind it if it was spoilered?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 392, Gamma Emerald wrote:PEdit: Postie sorry but another wall is coming soon, would you mind it if it was spoilered?
I just meant to trim down any nested quotes to the actual quote you're addressing
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 1.11

Marquis(4)
~ wgeurts, Cogito Ergo Sum, LicketyQuickety, Llamarble

Gamma Emerald(3)
~ Thestatusquo, EddieFenix, ActionDan
Cogito Ergo Sum(3)
~ Lycanfire, Sauce, northsidegal
Postie(2)
~ Tchill13, Dunnstral
Thestatusquo(1)
~ Gamma Emerald
northsidegal(1)
~ Marquis
EddieFenix(1)
~ Postie

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-04 21:00:00)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: EddieFenix ISO review, with questions for EddieFenix
In post 136, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 53, Marquis wrote:
In post 42, Marquis wrote:Would also like to know whose teammates are reading this game and whose are likely to give input d1
Also bumping this

Given WHO she is and how she's playing with my team, I'm just gonna point to this and hope she gets a good laugh out of it when she finally sees it.
In post 63, Llamarble wrote:I wonder if we win by lynching EddieFenix and Marquis and Postie. Wouldn't be surprised.
"Two out of three is all you need, and you should have it, so just lynch Marquis and Postie and we win" - Mastina.
In post 65, Llamarble wrote:Sorting me is pointless, either I'll get nightkilled immediately or we'll win. Well, both is probably the most likely outcome.
(Or I'm scum and you can autolynch me a day before lylo)
Marquis is making a grand spectacle of trying to get help from his teammates.
EddieFenix totally picked the scum role PM
You're accomodating and full-breakdowny
-point to my team leader- He know's me, he knows my IRL situation right now, and we're playing to win. Slapping me with a scum role when the last 3 games I rolled scum in were subpar at best ain't the best thing for me to have right now. I was forced town and will gladly take the time to hunt. It's also why I changed my avatar from Miles Edgeworth to Rexxar (hunter reference, heh heh heh). So keep that in mind as we go forward. Mastin already also has town vibes from you and I am inclined to agree.

-cracks knuckles- So here's where
I
sit. I really don't like the fact that Lycanfire just walks in, drops a vote and then walks out without so much as a "hi, bye, I'm caught up," nothing. So you can insert the grandpa from the Simpsons entering and exiting the building gif here and I'll need some clarification on that vote at some point, Lycan. Marquis is going in my null section for now. I'll do a double over later tonight and get with my team on things for business going forward. ActionDan has town vibes. Marble is on my town list for now.
The mastina mention feels like Appeal to Authority tbh, making it seem that he has more sway by having a powerful teammate
I'd ask why Marq is null but enough people felt that way that I don't really care because it's not an interesting opinion.
side note: are you saying Miles is a bad guy buckaroo? Because
In post 178, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 145, northsidegal wrote:
In post 136, EddieFenix wrote:-cracks knuckles- So here's where I sit. I really don't like the fact that Lycanfire just walks in, drops a vote and then walks out without so much as a "hi, bye, I'm caught up," nothing. So you can insert the grandpa from the Simpsons entering and exiting the building gif here and I'll need some clarification on that vote at some point, Lycan. Marquis is going in my null section for now. I'll do a double over later tonight and get with my team on things for business going forward. ActionDan has town vibes. Marble is on my town list for now.
dunnstral did the exact same thing – did you not notice or is there something different about the two to you?
Tbh, I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out. Dunn joins Lycan in the "further needed explanations for that vote" pool.
Addressing this here: Why didn't you feel this way about Dunnstral's vote earlier?
In post 188, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 185, LicketyQuickety wrote:Not seeing Scum Postie here and IDK why people are SRing them.

Going here to see what happens:

VOTE: chill
Why TChill?
Post feels kinda empty idk
In post 192, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 191, northsidegal wrote:by the way, anyone else feel like is a really weird thought? it's hard to put into words – it kind of feels like a pointless thing to say / comment on, maybe.
I was wondering who else was going to pick up on that.
LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 136, EddieFenix wrote:-cracks knuckles- So here's where I sit. I really don't like the fact that Lycanfire just walks in, drops a vote and then walks out without so much as a "hi, bye, I'm caught up," nothing. So you can insert the grandpa from the Simpsons entering and exiting the building gif here and I'll need some clarification on that vote at some point, Lycan. Marquis is going in my null section for now. I'll do a double over later tonight and get with my team on things for business going forward. ActionDan has town vibes. Marble is on my town list for now.
dunnstral did the exact same thing – did you not notice or is there something different about the two to you?
Tbh, I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out. Dunn joins Lycan in the "further needed explanations for that vote" pool.
Those votes prolly mean next to nothing unless they are Scum, so...
Care to further explain why you're thinking that way?
I get why he let someone else comment first here: see if anyone else is thinking like they do, and whoever does gets townpoints for mirroring.
In post 202, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 193, Postie wrote:Hi Eddie
In post 136, EddieFenix wrote:"Two out of three is all you need, and you should have it, so just lynch Marquis and Postie and we win" - Mastina.
RC would like to know specifically when Mastina said this.
Early on when this game opened. I plan on getting back with her within our thread to hash out thoughts since the game has further progressed now.
LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 192, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 191, northsidegal wrote:by the way, anyone else feel like is a really weird thought? it's hard to put into words – it kind of feels like a pointless thing to say / comment on, maybe.
I was wondering who else was going to pick up on that.
LicketyQuickety wrote:
dunnstral did the exact same thing – did you not notice or is there something different about the two to you?
Those votes prolly mean next to nothing unless they are Scum, so...
Care to further explain why you're thinking that way?
If they are Town, it's just RVS. If they are Scum, they could have some investment for manipulating things with their votes.
Which is why they are in my "further needed explanation for their vote" file.
Llamarble wrote:NSG seems like lynchbait but isn't necessarily town
LQ is probably scum
Why is LQ probably scum?
What do you mean at the beginning of the game?
In post 208, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 203, Postie wrote:Nsg is locktown to me and teammates fwiw. This is way outside of her scum range and has the RC seal of approval so I won't be voting there today or ever.
In post 202, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 193, Postie wrote:Hi Eddie
In post 136, EddieFenix wrote:"Two out of three is all you need, and you should have it, so just lynch Marquis and Postie and we win" - Mastina.
RC would like to know specifically when Mastina said this.
Early on when this game opened. I plan on getting back with her within our thread to hash out thoughts since the game has further progressed now.
Thanks. Follow-up question: has she been around since then?
She's been around a good bit, but my RL stuff has taken up a good portion of my time to get to posting in our thread for discussion. So, I am awaiting a response from Mastina at the moment.
Nothing of note here
In post 209, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 207, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 173, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 170, Llamarble wrote:Tchill seems town so far. "Alarmed" post counts in favor and scumhunting seems genuine enough.
Thanks for telling us you have zero meta on chill.
also i'd like for you to build on this.
I would like to take a reasonable stab that someone bring this to discussion as well.
How would you like it brought to discussion? This question feels very lacking in definition.
In post 211, EddieFenix wrote:TChill, do you have a response to that? Gonna hit the shower then bed. Stuff to do tomorrow for Ed.
Given this is building off the last post without any elaboration, same thing applies: elaborate what you want.
In post 244, EddieFenix wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

@Lycan: Yes I do. Thank you for your explanation.
This vote kinda feels like he's jumping me, but I won't press it since I can also see that it came right after TSQ presented a smoking gun of sorts on me.
In post 297, EddieFenix wrote:Marble, just about how sold on the idea are you after all of this back and forth that LQ has been apart of that they're scum still?
Have a question but won't ask it yet since I want Llamar to come in and address this first.
In post 337, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 299, Llamarble wrote:I'm taking this a lot slower now Eddie, starting from the beginning. I'll get back to LQ eventually.
It takes me a lot of effort to get good reads and I'm going to put that effort in instead of just hoping that everything will magically become clear to me because I am Llamarble.
Good to see you're taking a step back to think on things.

NSG vs LQ is TvT to me. I'd like at least a 6 person town block (the 3 that are on there + LQ, Marble, and NSG if they would be so kind to join us) to turn up the heat on that GE wagon, please and thank you.
What do you think will come of a larger wagon on me? I used to be incitable with large wagons but I feel like that tendency has died in me.
In post 341, EddieFenix wrote:Completely and utterly logical imo.
In post 342, EddieFenix wrote:Do you have any opinions on anyone else that could/should be added to the town core, LQ?
A simple exchange, not much I can make out of this.
In post 350, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 346, Postie wrote:VOTE: EddieFenix

Also can we take a moment to discuss the hot garbage that is EddieFenix's ISO
It's just a bunch of sitting back and saying things from the sidelines or am I missing something here
I'm taking a "slow and steady wins the game" approach. Attempting to form a town block with players whom I feel are town so that way we can start going thru PoE to find the scum team. While also attempting to make sure I flesh out reads and discuss with my team reads as the game crawls along. I feel I don't need to make a huge splash, just take a more methodical, diplomatic, and tactical approach to win for town. That's what you're missing in all honesty.
Llamarble wrote:Eddie isn't as bad of a vote as I was thinking, so go for it.
Tchill is... too chill. I want to see more bite. I don't really get a feeling he's trying to win the game for town.
I'm toward the top of your town list, how is that "isn't as bad of a vote as I was thinking"? TChill hitting your scum list I can understand why he would be scum in your reads. Also, LQ being in the null area, why?
This slow and steady approach is important to my read on Eddie, but I'll get into that in my upshot later.
The "not as bad a vote" thing probably means he reconsidered his read on you and you were lower on the list.
Nevermind this (this is what I mean about me not wanting to post about things before reading ahead nsg)
In post 365, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 353, Sauce wrote:
In post 350, EddieFenix wrote:I feel I don't need to make a huge splash, just take a more methodical, diplomatic, and tactical approach to win for town
The safest way to assure town's victory, random lynching through and through, is too powerful and therefore against the rules.
I'm sorry, can I get that response in English, please?! Cause going thru at least a PoE and grouping town together
How did you reach the conclusion that the wording you used to characterize yourself townbloc-lobbying might persuade anyone of it being second best?
What sort of moon logic are you on with my wording? Is building a town block
bad
to you? I'd love to hit the mark and just keep on chugging along to lead to victory, because yo, I want those Town MVP points if a tiebreaker is a make or break for being the top team.
In post 356, Llamarble wrote:
In post 350, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 346, Postie wrote:VOTE: EddieFenix

Also can we take a moment to discuss the hot garbage that is EddieFenix's ISO
It's just a bunch of sitting back and saying things from the sidelines or am I missing something here
I'm taking a "slow and steady wins the game" approach. Attempting to form a town block with players whom I feel are town so that way we can start going thru PoE to find the scum team. While also attempting to make sure I flesh out reads and discuss with my team reads as the game crawls along. I feel I don't need to make a huge splash, just take a more methodical, diplomatic, and tactical approach to win for town. That's what you're missing in all honesty.
Llamarble wrote:Eddie isn't as bad of a vote as I was thinking, so go for it.
Tchill is... too chill. I want to see more bite. I don't really get a feeling he's trying to win the game for town.
I'm toward the top of your town list, how is that "isn't as bad of a vote as I was thinking"? TChill hitting your scum list I can understand why he would be scum in your reads. Also, LQ being in the null area, why?
Well, I had you as probably town, so I was thinking you wouldn't be a good vote.
Then the surprisingly solid case of your ISO was made against you.
I wouldn't call Postie's case solid by any sense, just pointing out something that even my team captain pointed out to me. It's easy to see and read, but I have a deeper thought process going on throughout all of this.
In post 337, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 299, Llamarble wrote:I'm taking this a lot slower now Eddie, starting from the beginning. I'll get back to LQ eventually.
It takes me a lot of effort to get good reads and I'm going to put that effort in instead of just hoping that everything will magically become clear to me because I am Llamarble.
Good to see you're taking a step back to think on things.

NSG vs LQ is TvT to me. I'd like at least a 6 person town block (the 3 that are on there + LQ, Marble, and NSG if they would be so kind to join us) to turn up the heat on that GE wagon, please and thank you.
Like, what do scum want to do here, in this game where they have to survive 19 days but the odds one of them dies early aren't very high? They want to be in the town block. You want 6 people in the town block, enough to give it a very high probability of containing scum, and you're trying to organize it to make sure you're in it yourself. I feel it's premature to put :anyone: in a town block right now, possible exception of NSG but even her stuff isn't that hard to imitate as scum. I also know you like playing scum, even if it hasn't gone well for you recently. Whoever has Chesskid on their team, ask him if EddieFenix has failed this city too.

This game hasn't had enough drama yet for people to legitimately town it up. I'm thinking I might abandon my zennier take it slow read it well in favor of blowing more things up, I think this game needs that.

Realistically, there are 3 scum out of 15 players. Our odds of hitting D1 aren't particularly good. On the bright side scum have low lynch influence. If this game gets to D3 and we haven't hit scum on D1 or D2, just remember, town is FINE. Morale, continuing to try and win the game as town and not getting disengaged because the first attempts don't work out, will be really important if it gets to that.
Odds of us hitting scum aren't very high on day 1 obviously. But, I'd love to hit one and start the ball rolling. The formation of my town block comes from my personal strongest town reads so far, which includes you because I can see you're being a town player trying to figure shit out. In that same vein, you have yourself at the top of your reads list, just like everyone else who is going to try and blend in. This isn't rocket science, Marble. I'm leaving the potentially scummy players in my eyes to the wind and trying to get 6 players together, not even the majority for that matter, to HUNT and cook up pressure. LQ questioned why I would want you on the block, and it even made me take a step back and question my read on you and your place on the block. I still have you as town.

You -feel- it's hard to form a town block because of there being scum in it, but for me, I don't feel it being hard to start a block with a small pool and then we start going from there. Do I want myself to spearhead it? Duh. MVP points to break tie breakers. Yes, I like to play scum admittedly. We've played together and you know how my mindset works for that matter. However, if you're gonna drag Chesskid of all people into this, I'll personally point him to my team captain and tell him that he better think twice before he even remotely feels the need to pass his judgment. I've seen his judgment and it reeks a lot of the time.

@Sauce, english mate. Gonna need English.
Thestatusquo wrote:This game is kinda stagnant, which makes me even happier thinking there is at least one scum in the majorish wagons. It makes sense with the setup.
It does. However, Tchill is still on Postie and that player (Tchill) REEKS of scum imo.
This post holds Llamar's explanation on his acceptance of the Eddie vote so I see that now.
As for TChill being scummy, does that mean you think Postie is town based on TChill having voteparked her?
Also this is probably the EddieFenix post I like the most.
In post 370, EddieFenix wrote:TSQ, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Good on you for attacking, but we're in day 3 of a 14 day process. There's still a lot of time for vote swings to happen in mafia.
I don't get the exact message of this, but my guess is he's upset about TSQ rushing things. What's the issue with that?
In post 372, EddieFenix wrote:I get that and it irks me as well. It also irks me that Marble dodged my question about LQ.
Not really much to say here, I believe this is follow-up to his last post.

My opinion of Eddie so far: he seems a bit off-color at points but it's nothing horrible. As for comparison to Night and Day, yeah there's difference between the games. He was more active there, plus he felt a bit more vocal. This first one is chalked up to his RL stuff/team strategy, and the second isn't that big of a problem in my opinion but I feel like it could be down the road.

@Dan 374: I don't think I'm gonna vote Sauce at least for right now based on my current feelings about him and having other people I'm considering before then.
@LQ 375: I agree that lurkers need to be eliminated early. In a past game I was scum and my team kept a lurker around to bog the town down.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by Marquis »

oops i lied i took melatonin see yall in 8 hrs
link in bio
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 396, Marquis wrote:oops i lied i took melatonin see yall in 8 hrs
Try and be active maybe? I can stay awake in spite of melatonin. Also why are you taking it in winter, I've been told not to.
<Embrace The Void>

EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

@Postie and GE, I'll get back to you tomorrow evening in a double spoiled long winded post. Long day ahead for me tomorrow with RL stuff.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That's cool, it's late for me anyway, I had to pull strings to get this done when I did
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”