xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1990, Something_Smart wrote:Because if he's scum he's presumably just claimed a cop guilty on a townie.

Pedit: none of those were hard stances.
doesn't that just prove chesskid's point that you haven't taken many hard stances or am i misreading the post in question
In post 2010, mastina wrote:Scum lurking would in fact be a valid strategy! Too bad the narrative I was employing it relies on the idea that I fucking was actually around during times that I can literally easily prove I was not.

I even fucking was posting on a different forum during that time (the site I host comics on has a forum and because I was beginning to host my new comic My Life, I made posts on the forum during that time); I prefer to never ever ever fucking link to that forum (it's my art life and like I said I like to keep my art life and my mafia life entirely separated from one another nowadays) but I can literally prove that I unambiguously was in fact fucking posting on that forum and easily show that it was me if need be to prove that I was not fucking around mafiascum. And this? Not even fucking against site rules; the only fucking thing stopping me is that I don't want to taint my art life by associating it with my mafia life.
can you stop telling us your life fucking story every time you post jesus goddamn christ
green shirt thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:01 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Aninen can you read #1669
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Aneninen »

1669. Noted. I'm off to work so I repeated it and I'll find it in my own ISO
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:13 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Thanks
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2075, xRECKONERx wrote:doesn't that just prove chesskid's point that you haven't taken many hard stances or am i misreading the post in question
I've taken a few hard stances. (Townreads on Creature, Cheeky and Hindu are the ones I'd consider hard.) But I think chesskid's point wasn't that I haven't taken hard stances but that he disagreed with the ones I have taken... but the things he cited were not hard stances.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:40 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2079, Something_Smart wrote:I've taken a few hard stances. (Townreads on Creature, Cheeky and Hindu are the ones I'd consider hard.)
I'm happier with these. Must have missed them in the super small skim of your ISO I did when you asked me to explain your list positioning
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:45 am

I'm a little surprised you missed the Hindu one given that I had a little back-and-forth about it, but the other two I haven't really talked much about.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:46 am

In fact I think the only thing I said about Creature was my "players whose names start with C" comment but he's been obvtown pretty much since he started posting.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:49 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Yeah now that you mention it I remember your C comment. You'll forgive me I hope? Theres 84 pages in this game and 22 of them are me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:04 am

Of course-- I don't think a mistake like that is alignment indicative anyway.

By the way, I appreciate your recent change in tone. Regardless of your alignment, it has made the game much more enjoyable :]
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:16 am

Post by chesskid3 »

This is humblekid you've gotten. Defeated by RC.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:17 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Why don't you take the hider and hide behind her if you're so fucking sure she's scum?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:17 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm sure I'll switch back to total ahole mode postgame if after mastina scumflip and I get NKed RC lives and doesn't get lynched
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:19 am

Post by chesskid3 »

But Hindu made me a promise so <3
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

only have time for one brief post so trying to organize a bit here:
In post 1881, beeboy wrote:
Invention Vote

1-shot Hider: Target a player at night you will hide them making you immune from being targetted by night actions. However if your target is not town aligned or is killed you will die as well.

With 15 alive it takes 8 to elect a player.

xRECKONERx (5)
- xRECKONERx, chesskid3, BigYoshiFan, Hinduragi, CheekyTeeky
Creature(3)
- GuiltyLion, Katyusha, Srceenplay
RadiantCowbells (2)
- mastina, RadiantCowbells

Not Voting (5)
- Aneninen, Something_Smart, Primate, Errantparabola, Creature
if we're not doing Creature I'm fine with Reck having the hider and hiding behind RC or whoever he wants. If he's elected, I would strongly prefer that he not actually make it clear to the thread who he's hiding behind. If he dies then RC is likely getting lynched on D2 anyway but if RC is town then I don't want scum getting a guaranteed free double kill. Reck it's absolutely better to hide behind some low key townread of yours to clear them and deal with RC/chesskid drama through lynches and day play, if RC is town then declaring that you're hiding behind him is easy double kill for scum.

elect: xRECKONERx

also I absolutely loved the video
In post 1881, beeboy wrote:
Day 1, VC 10

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

mastina(4)
- chesskid3, Srceenplay, CheekyTeeky, xRECKONERx
Hinduragi(2)
- Katyusha, Aneninen
chesskid3(2)
- GuiltyLion, RadiantCowbells
xRECKONERx(1)
- mastina
Something_Smart(1)
- Primate
Creature(1)
- BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan(1)
- Hinduragi

Not Voting (3): Something_Smart, Errantparabola, Creature

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-02-04 21:00:00)
I see Smart and Creature as likely mastina voters based on expressed scumreads in their ISOs, which gets the wagon up to six
Likely not mastina voters based on townreads presented in thread: Katyusha, Anenien, BYF
Hindu I can't tell, he keeps saying chess/RECK town but also that he's not feeling mastina scum, wants to look elsewhere.

Hindu -
are you strictly opposed to mastina lynch today or will you compromise there? Take a hard yes/no stance on this please. Why aren't you sheeping your townreads onto the leading wagon?

So this means we need Primate or Errantparabola to show up and vote there, or some number of Katy/Anen/BYF/RC/myself to compromise on mastina. If we get to crunch time and no other lynch is possible then Mastina lynch is most likely outcome as it stands.

If Mastina is town I think there's one scum between chesskid/Srceenplay and there's probably a scum holding out to deadline vote it so the wagon doesn't grow too fast (Smart most likely pick here), and another scum either WKing or in the inactives

If Mastina is scum I doubt anyone is bussing her at the moment, but maybe a partner positioning to do so if necessary (Hindu, Smart again)

The fact that Primate/EP haven't been around is kinda fucking with the gamestate a bit currently regardless of their alignment, I don't think a mastina counterwagon has ever really felt possible this game outside of that brief Hindu flare-up which I would like to try to look at again when I have time to go back and find those votes

I'd like some more focused commentary and hard stances on whether people believe chess' "cop guilty", and why they are voting where they are as a result. It really feels like there's a lot of empty posts in the last 15 pages or so and people are just posting shit without game-advancing. That's not unique to RC/chesskid either.

Also I am gonna ask some people to see if I can get sitechat logs to back up Mathdino's point that Elli has acknowledged it's a strat to lie about the AI as scum. If he and chesskid are as tight as chesskid says, there's no reason to believe that chesskid wouldn't already have thought about this as well. Which is why I want more stances on whether people believe his claimed guilty.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:39 am

GL I'm not pushing mastina and I explicitly said that I would vote chesskid if it were part of an appropriate plan so I don't see where you're getting me as a likely mastina voter from?

Also I just realized... I don't think it says anywhere that the hider has to be used tonight.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2068, Something_Smart wrote:You feel town, chesskid feels scum, mastina feels scum.
was basing it on this - are you saying you'd prefer to lynch chesskid over mastina?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:43 am

Probably.

However I said both before and after posting that that I'm not letting those leans dictate my actions because they're probably not > random.
The Flat Earth Society
The Flat Earth Society
Townie
The Flat Earth Society
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:44 am

Post by The Flat Earth Society »

In post 2089, GuiltyLion wrote:then RC is likely getting lynched on D2 anyway
can you elaborate on how you got here when very few people have expressed interest in RC scum even when assuming mastina scum
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:45 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2093, The Flat Earth Society wrote:
In post 2089, GuiltyLion wrote:then RC is likely getting lynched on D2 anyway
can you elaborate on how you got here when very few people have expressed interest in RC scum even when assuming mastina scum
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:51 am

In post 2089, GuiltyLion wrote:if we're not doing Creature I'm fine with Reck having the hider and hiding behind RC or whoever he wants. If he's elected, I would strongly prefer that he not actually make it clear to the thread who he's hiding behind. If he dies then RC is likely getting lynched on D2 anyway but if RC is town then I don't want scum getting a guaranteed free double kill. Reck it's absolutely better to hide behind some low key townread of yours to clear them and deal with RC/chesskid drama through lynches and day play, if RC is town then declaring that you're hiding behind him is easy double kill for scum.
When did reckoner ever express interest in hiding behind me except following a Mastina scumflip?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:54 am

In post 2089, GuiltyLion wrote:I see Smart and Creature as likely mastina voters based on expressed scumreads in their ISOs, which gets the wagon up to six
Likely not mastina voters based on townreads presented in thread: Katyusha, Anenien, BYF
Hindu I can't tell, he keeps saying chess/RECK town but also that he's not feeling mastina scum, wants to look elsewhere.

Hindu - are you strictly opposed to mastina lynch today or will you compromise there? Take a hard yes/no stance on this please. Why aren't you sheeping your townreads onto the leading wagon?

So this means we need Primate or Errantparabola to show up and vote there, or some number of Katy/Anen/BYF/RC/myself to compromise on mastina. If we get to crunch time and no other lynch is possible then Mastina lynch is most likely outcome as it stands.
As opposed to where can you get votes, who do you actually want to get lynched today?
Also correct me if I'm wrong but you had Hindu in your scumpool, why is he the person you're trying to work out a compromise with?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:55 am

Do you think that Chesskid/Mastina is a bus?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:05 am

I'm not ruling it out.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:15 am

VOTE: Guiltylion

I don't really want to talk about what I'm seeing right now but I think I would be willing to lynch this today

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”