Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't think that there's anyone who believes that.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2199, Aneninen wrote:
In post 2196, chesskid3 wrote:You know you sound like everyone who thought Deep Blue was going to get crushed, or Watson couldn't play Jeopardy, or AlphaGo was going to get crushed, etc etc yes?
Are all the other players here agree that we should trust a programme instead of getting reads in the conventional way? If so, I'll step back.
Enough have confirmed that this particular program works.

I also really like the point S_S raised that resolving this ASAP is clearly beneficial to town, and I have, for almost 600 points now been on the exact same page, while RC bounces around reactively etcetcetc.

So I'm really not sure how it's a difficult decision voting mastina vs voting me but it doesn't much matter so
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:15 pm

In post 2201, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 2199, Aneninen wrote:
In post 2196, chesskid3 wrote:You know you sound like everyone who thought Deep Blue was going to get crushed, or Watson couldn't play Jeopardy, or AlphaGo was going to get crushed, etc etc yes?
Are all the other players here agree that we should trust a programme instead of getting reads in the conventional way? If so, I'll step back.
Enough have confirmed that this particular program works.

I also really like the point S_S raised that resolving this ASAP is clearly beneficial to town, and I have, for almost 600 points now been on the exact same page, while RC bounces around reactively etcetcetc.

So I'm really not sure how it's a difficult decision voting mastina vs voting me but it doesn't much matter so
The intended meaning of this post is "RC is scum because he cared that his behaviour was upsetting people and I am town because I don't."
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I mean...there's no such thing as coincidence. Your behavior clearly changed after #1669. You've been attributing it to Cheeky's #1668, but....
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

If getting lynched is what it takes to make Mastina -> RC happen, then I'll get lynched thumbsup.jpg
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 2198, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2194, Aneninen wrote:If there were very little time, eg. 1 day left, I'd join either wagon.
Why do you think Chesskid is the best possible lynch?
Because he's forcing the game to come down to a choice between those two possible lynches.
If there's enough support that backs lynching GL or Srceenplay and putting the hider on 1/2 of Chess/Mastina I would be fine with that as well.
In my very first game on MafiaScum I was doing the very same. (Although without any kind of "scumputer".) I got involved in a classical "you or me" fight, communicated everything badly and kept shouting "lynch him or lynch me! I know who the scums are and either lynch will confirm me! Blah, blah." Needless to say, both of us were town. Even if I solved the game at LyLo, I had so little town credit that I got lynched.
I too think Chesskid doesn't help town with this gameplay, but I don't think he's scum. Therefore, he's not a good lynch.

I'd rather lynch Srceenplay.
What do you think of Cheeky?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2205, Aneninen wrote:
In post 2194, Aneninen wrote:If there were very little time, eg. 1 day left, I'd join either wagon.
Because he's forcing the game to come down to a choice between those two possible lynches.
If there's enough support that backs lynching GL or Srceenplay and putting the hider on 1/2 of Chess/Mastina I would be fine with that as well.
In my very first game on MafiaScum I was doing the very same. (Although without any kind of "scumputer".) I got involved in a classical "you or me" fight, communicated everything badly and kept shouting "lynch him or lynch me! I know who the scums are and either lynch will confirm me! Blah, blah." Needless to say, both of us were town. Even if I solved the game at LyLo, I had so little town credit that I got lynched.
I too think Chesskid doesn't help town with this gameplay, but I don't think he's scum. Therefore, he's not a good lynch.

Please have more faith.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Hint:
In post 2182, chesskid3 wrote:No, I really shouldn't because every post TODAY not spent deciding whether we are lynching
Chesskid -> Mastina -> RC
or Mastina -> RC
is a post that creates chaos and gives chances for people to lose their grip on the guilty and the plan
In post 2183, CheekyTeeky wrote:So be it VOTE: Chesskid
Isn't it strange how eagerly Cheeky voted for Chesskid in the middle of a fight with me (whom she, as far as I know, scumreads)?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Another point if I would is usually when a game is dominated by an incredibly loud TvT fight, there's a (scum) contingent happy to stand on the sidelines and whine "BUT IT MIGHT BE TvT" while making no effort to actually stop things.

You'll notice the near complete absence of that in this game. This is TvS.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2207, Aneninen wrote:Hint:
In post 2182, chesskid3 wrote:No, I really shouldn't because every post TODAY not spent deciding whether we are lynching
Chesskid -> Mastina -> RC
or Mastina -> RC
is a post that creates chaos and gives chances for people to lose their grip on the guilty and the plan
In post 2183, CheekyTeeky wrote:So be it VOTE: Chesskid
Isn't it strange how eagerly Cheeky voted for Chesskid in the middle of a fight with me (whom she, as far as I know, scumreads)?
The same thing I said to Cheeky about you applies to you about Cheeky. There's 1.5 scum in Mastina + RC, so while you might think you have something your odds are bad.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 2206, chesskid3 wrote:Joined: August 09, 2010
Please have more faith.
As if I hadn't f-cked things up later. For example RC could tell you stories.
And I guess I'll f-ck things up in the future, too.
That means nothing.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

There's a lot of things you're just turning a blind eye to because you want to be the authority on how to play mafia.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:27 pm

Cheeky is town I am 100% sure. I believe that you and Kat are town as well but I need more time and space on that which I don't have.
No, it's not, given that we've been discussing for a while now how we need to do something about him.
There's a lot of things you're just turning a blind eye to because you want to be the authority on how to play mafia.
You've turned a blind eye to literally the entire game because you want to be the authority on how to play mafia.
In a situation where Mastina!scum has no way out, no less.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2212, RadiantCowbells wrote:In a situation where Mastina!scum has no way out, no less.
All I'm doing is making sure of that. I'm actually engaging with everyone in the game so no blind eyes here
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Well, that, and making sure that RC!scum doesn't have a way out either after devoting 65 pages to the SAVE MASTINA crusade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm willing to entertain that you're town, I'm even willing to entertain that you're right. But I'm not lynching Mastina without a result on her.
Well, that, and making sure that RC!scum doesn't have a way out either after devoting 65 pages to the SAVE MASTINA crusade
:good:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I'll vote chesskid as soon as we have the hider figured out.

If he flips town, I'm following whatever plan he lays out.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 2205, Aneninen wrote:

I would rather puts some finality to this 3 way.
It can’t continue to keep going unresolved when it has taken up so much time of the day.
We definitely don’t need it continuing on into tomorrow.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 2209, chesskid3 wrote:The same thing I said to Cheeky about you applies to you about Cheeky. There's 1.5 scum in Mastina + RC, so while you might think you have something your odds are bad.
Show me using Mastina's
If I drew Tarot for the game and I said, the scum are Yoshi, Reckoner and Errant, would you believe me? I've been into Tarot spreads for more than 22 years! Ask Fferyllt, we had a talk about it!
In post 2211, chesskid3 wrote:There's a lot of things you're just turning a blind eye to because you want to be the authority on how to play mafia.
Me? Authority?
Spoiler:
For this
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
I had to sit down.

When did I say that?
I'm back after 1,5 years and I don't even think I'm a particularly good player!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I think I'm onto something here

Does anyone remember Elli's fucking dismantling of Mulch for using the phrase 'ruin game' primarily as scum?

viewtopic.php?p=8730037#p8730037
RadiantCowbells, Mafia Goon, Survived and Won on Day 4.

viewtopic.php?p=9106735#p9106735
RadiantCowbells - miRNA21, Mafia Track-Immune Goon - lynched Day 5

viewtopic.php?p=9199233#p9199233

RadiantCowbells (replaces Fairfax replaces TharSheBlows1), Mafia Goon, survives and wins

In post 2158, RadiantCowbells wrote:But I am not willing to ruin the game for everyone to push a lynch like Chesskid is.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I found one where he used it as town but it wasn't specifically about ruining a GAME

viewtopic.php?p=9469291#p9469291
RadiantCowbells (Town Citizen), died N3
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Yeah.
And if you can find a pigeon in my ISO, that means I'm either town or not. Trust me, it works!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Here's ruining a PLAN, but not a game, also town.

viewtopic.php?p=7833446#p7833446

This is money boys
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In my first game with RC I referred to something as "pigeon poop". He asked if I was "Adenine" and I had no clue what he was talking about :lol:
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Aneninen »

That made my day, Something_Smart