Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1567, Spiffeh wrote:Yes and I explained why that certain post looks like you trying keep up appearences so people would be like "oh that's just Ginngie"
You were in fucking Kilos

This doesn't actually make a lick of sense
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1572, UnaBombaH wrote:I tried to deliberately avoid calling Trans town OR scum, because I wanted him to feel he has me in his pocket.
Is there a reason you choose to share this now, other than eddie subbing in?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Ginngie »

like quite literally you fucking witnessed me roast Bins for trying to use this argument against me

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Ginngie »

I honestly am confused as to why you'd use an argument I've proven to you in other games that it comes from only scum?

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Spiffeh »

You are either not reading what I said or purposefully ignoring it:

This time it's especially ridiculous because Ari hasn't done shit and people unfamiliar with him wouldn't know that he would most likely pick town out of everyone on his team. So telling people to "fuck off" for even questioning that (especially based on the crappy reason you provided) is what I feel is faked to try and get people to think it's your "normal town self"
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Ginngie »

Two things:
fuck off isn't to be taken harshly, it's just a common phrase in my diction.
2nd, what you say is crappy, is actually a valid way to read Ari in which I have used multiple times to great success.

So while I did say to fuck off, I gave reasoning I could prove to explain why bringing up Ari as scum is a no go.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Ginngie »

For those reading, I'd like everyone to take a moment and think about how Spiffeh is scumreading me for saying fuck off

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 937, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 906, implosion wrote:Spiffeh is also underwhelming so far. His one interesting point is the one toward Kmd but I don't think it's an especially difficult point to make as scum. Him deciding to call me "town before the game started" 800 posts in is also a little bit sketchy; if he had that opinion, I see little reason for him not to have expounded it earlier before people were starting to townread me, similar to how I made a point to mention Aristophanes-town early so as to make a point. But different strokes etc perhaps.
I was pretty confident that you would be town but felt there was no harm in you actually posting and engaging with the game before drawing that conclusion officially

Which is also why I haven't mentioned Aristophanes likely being town too but you already spoiled that for everyone :(
Also I find it rich how you know the meta of Ari and him being town here yet are perfectly okay with scumreads going to that slot.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Ginngie »

I gotta ask you why you're townreading Ari(saying this because you've only said RC thinks Ari scum. As well as you talking about how it's easy for someone new to misunderstand Ari implying that you know the scumread is a mistake on Ari) but you're perfectly okay with other people to scumread the slot?

UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:31 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1576, implosion wrote:
In post 1572, UnaBombaH wrote:I tried to deliberately avoid calling Trans town OR scum, because I wanted him to feel he has me in his pocket.
Is there a reason you choose to share this now, other than eddie subbing in?
Eddie subbing in.
He will not give us any indication on who his buddies are anymore either, so if we want to find associatives, we need to dive Transcends early posts.. :?

Also the fact that the game doesn't feel as intriguing to me anymore - I think that slot was the one interaction I read correctly from the (almost) beginning.
I mean, after Eddie subbed in, I thought for a moment that that Eddie/mulch was likely just T/T. Same in the very very beginning, before Trans went overboard with his pressuring.
But upon reading Trans/mulch again from the beginning, I get a clear feeling that Trans was trying to get mulch lynched very early in the game, and trusted on the fact that he often does get mislynched D1.
I bet his gameplan was to almost completely avoid D1 scumhunting from all the experienced players, and get to D2 with two strong townplayers already down.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Ginngie »

I realize I'm doing a lot of posts that require some time to respond so imma step back for a second

UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:32 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

But hey, I really need to go to sleep now, I'm buzzed and tired, but I'll leave you all with a thought:

"I was taught to be tolerant and plain
I was taught a million things I can't explain." - some proverb/lyrics I read somewhere sometime, google them to credit the right people, peace out.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 am

Post by implosion »

alright i feel nominally better about una town

and generically eugh at the ginngie v spiffeh stuff. I think I can see either of them as scum here from this in isolation.

Ginngie, do you "fake aggression" when you are scum?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1587, implosion wrote:Ginngie, do you "fake aggression" when you are scum?
Nope

When I'm scum it's hard for me to get mad at town because for a lot of things I'll know they're right and I can't be mad at someone for being right.

I'm mostly friendly but I do have actual angry moments but that's because I can find something someone's bitching about and just echo it.

Even then it's just not the same nor do I try to replicate it because a lot of the hostility in my town game that comes naturally actually hinders some of my persuasion but while I'm nice as scum, people generally like to keep me around even if I don't do anything or coast.

Just ask cheet, for the life of him he felt bad about lynching me, I made myself likable because popularity goes a long way.

As town tho I have no survival instinct and my filter is gone.

I know that's self-meta but I'm pretty sure I can get other people to fact check this stuff so take it as it is.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Eddie, you asked me about Transcend meta.

Open 694
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=72485
Transcend was town. Pretty much just spammed before replacing out. Switched votes quite a bit on Day 1 but didn't give much reasoning but he gives one liners that kind of give you an idea where he is coming from.

Boon large 209
viewtopic.php?t=73745&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go
Transcend was town. His Day 1 is mostly spam. Switched votes quite a bit Day 1 but didn't give much reasoning but he gives one liners that kind of give you an idea where he is coming from.

Boon Large 204:
viewtopic.php?t=72014&f=55&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
Transcend was scum here. Now the spam is still here. But you'll notice he's locked in on two players: Gamma and Crush, both lynchbait type players. Also the one liner reasoning isn't present. It's more "X is scum, Y is town, oh wow Z is scummy, A is locktown".

Now ISO him here. Suddenly he's against spam and the post where he votes Mulch, a lynchbait type player, he simply states Mulch "is scum". Says he "would lynch" Chara. 164 and 166 where he is supposed to be giving reasoning, he just says "being scummy" and "very scummy". I asked Transcend earlier why he isn't obvtown to me yet. I think it's those one-liner reasons for reads that I always seem to understand where he's coming from on and even agree quite a bit, but something usually screams town about him early on and it just isn't there this game. He also locked on to Mulch for the majority of his time here in a way that just isn't present in his town games.

And no, these aren't my only games with Transcend. They are just the three most recent.

Reading what I've missed now.

Links fixed. -Ether
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ugh, why aren't those clickable?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:51 am

Post by Spiffeh »

VOTE: Mulch
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1583, Ginngie wrote:I gotta ask you why you're townreading Ari(saying this because you've only said RC thinks Ari scum. As well as you talking about how it's easy for someone new to misunderstand Ari implying that you know the scumread is a mistake on Ari) but you're perfectly okay with other people to scumread the slot?
Considering Ari hasn't done jack shit I don't really care if people scum read him at this point. It's not like he's being wagoned/close to being lynched so what exactly should I be fighting back against?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Spiffeh »

For the record, Ginngie's recent "I'm always right/everything accuse me of is ridiculous" attitude is EXTREMELY akin to how they reacted to my push on them in a game where they were town: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72907
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Chara wrote:Kmd, tell me about Una scum? i want to add him to the townpile.
Well there's Cheet's case. There's the fact that right after the defense that he'd never take a scum role, he said "It's because I'm bad at town -> I get scumread, I'm OK as scum -> I get townread". There's the "reads" that aren't really reads. There's the ridiculous amount of OMGUS in what actual stances he's taken (which Mathdino says is town for him but I dunno). I mean look at his ISO. I don't understand how anyone reads his posts and thinks town.
Added after reading last few pages: I do actually like his logic regarding Transcend though and his suggestion of reads lists as coming from town.
Spiff wrote:I've seen Ginngie get passionate and angry when people push them or when their really sure about a read, but I think they should understand why someone not familiar with him wouldn't be town reading Aristophanes at this point given what he has contributed so far.
I understand not townreading him, but why is anyone specifically scumreading him at this point?
Ginngie wrote:For those reading, I'd like everyone to take a moment and think about how Spiffeh is scumreading me for saying fuck off
That feels like a gross oversimplification of what he is saying.
Mod wrote:Links fixed. -Ether
Thanks Ether!
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

ty kmd I will read that later im at work rn

giga called spiffeh town for the gingie push, I already had gingie as hard town, and spiffeh coming to the conclusion gingie was town without me prodding bodes really well for me.

una, lmfao love you
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1591, Spiffeh wrote:VOTE: Mulch
Nice paragony vote

Someone with meta on him tell me if this is a scumclaim ty
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1589, Kmd4390 wrote:Eddie, you asked me about Transcend meta.

Open 694
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=72485
Transcend was town. Pretty much just spammed before replacing out. Switched votes quite a bit on Day 1 but didn't give much reasoning but he gives one liners that kind of give you an idea where he is coming from.

Boon large 209
viewtopic.php?t=73745&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go
Transcend was town. His Day 1 is mostly spam. Switched votes quite a bit Day 1 but didn't give much reasoning but he gives one liners that kind of give you an idea where he is coming from.

Boon Large 204:
viewtopic.php?t=72014&f=55&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
Transcend was scum here. Now the spam is still here. But you'll notice he's locked in on two players: Gamma and Crush, both lynchbait type players. Also the one liner reasoning isn't present. It's more "X is scum, Y is town, oh wow Z is scummy, A is locktown".

Now ISO him here. Suddenly he's against spam and the post where he votes Mulch, a lynchbait type player, he simply states Mulch "is scum". Says he "would lynch" Chara. 164 and 166 where he is supposed to be giving reasoning, he just says "being scummy" and "very scummy". I asked Transcend earlier why he isn't obvtown to me yet. I think it's those one-liner reasons for reads that I always seem to understand where he's coming from on and even agree quite a bit, but something usually screams town about him early on and it just isn't there this game. He also locked on to Mulch for the majority of his time here in a way that just isn't present in his town games.

And no, these aren't my only games with Transcend. They are just the three most recent.

Reading what I've missed now.

Links fixed. -Ether

What do you think about Eddie's case?
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by Mulch »

Anyway implo
Amrock#3784
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

hey mulch

i'm going to wait for boon's reply before i decide if i want to keep pushing you

are you okay with that?

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”