Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 43

All along the western front
People vote in harmony
She got the game at her command
And now she's on a team with me
Saw her lynch the paragon
With a banner and a wicked grin
Planning who should leave at dawn
She gonna drag me to a win
-[
Electric Feel,
MGMT
]
3 Mulch (Kagami, implosion, Spiffeh)
2 Eddie Cane (Chara, Kmd4390)
2 Kagami (Firebringer, Mulch)
1 Cabd (Toranaga)
1 Ginngie (Patrick)
1 Kmd4390 (UnaBombaH)
1 Spiffeh (Ginngie)

4 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Cheetory6, Eddie Cane)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1599, Eddie Cane wrote:hey mulch

i'm going to wait for boon's reply before i decide if i want to keep pushing you

are you okay with that?
Yeah he should clear me pretty quick i think

I mean Una already just said that they townread me so...

But honestly eddie I feel like that your town and that we can find scum in the people letting me and trans go at it early in the day

Possibly pre-flippers

Like Kagami who said "the only way trans is scum is if mulch is town" in the most scumfucky way possible
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Mulch »

I just feel it's super scum indicative that there is no reads progression from Kagami

Also think their case is scummy

And I think they were piggy backing on Eddie
Amrock#3784
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I know I really should go reread this game in depth rather than the skim I did but ugh
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mulch what case? The one that transcend quoted that caused the swap?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Mulch »

I don't think Ginnigie is scum. I just don't. Their changes feel super genuine, I liked their spat with Spiffeh, and I like their tone. I'm not locking it in the bank but I think they are town
Implosion is just obious town, and they are completely unlike their scum game I just saw anyway. Too bad I didn't know this was how they were really like. Also too bad he sux
Chara- Getting leery. They've been fairly inquisitive but I think they are supposed to be obvious town as town? and that hasn't happened. It's possible they are white knighting me for towncred. ALso kind of susp that they are pushing eddie. At risk of alienating a possible town who is defending me, null-scum
Kagami- Prety sure is scum, I've gone into this
Eddie- town lean aorn, I've gone into this, but I do want to know why transcend is meta reading me when he said he dosen't read me on meta/
Kmd- Honestly their defense of me early game felt a little ingenuine but I kinda rolled with it because it was saving me from being mislylnched. Kinda selfish but whatever. I do like their caseon eddie tho. I don't think Eddie and KMD are w/w, I think that KMD is probably town but maybe null-town if eddie is a villa
Firebringer- Right now leaning town, plus I'm getting cleared by him in the night with the gunsmith. if there is a doc would highly appreciate saving himg
Toranaga- Take it to the bank town
Una- If boon scumreads me and I'm lynched, this slot is scum, otheriwise I think it's probably town. it's hard to explain but this is town una i think
Patrick- personally pretty null to me but other pepople are reading this slot obvious town so might roll with it
Cheetory- towny, I'm liking their pushes and progressione besdies this last one on spifeh I think
Aristophanes- Another null, maybe null-scum but apparently they are obvious town again. Again this is one I'll probably roll with others
Spifeh- Leaning scum for their push on me, I think they are better than that, and I know a lot of badscum good town playres tend to make the "im losing energy" arguement
Cabd- Null but their claim makes them near conf-town i think

Long story short I'm almost always mislynched as town and I'm trying to turn it around. I understand how people think it's suspicious just cause I like scum, but I pre-selected a normal ahead of time and we got town twice /shrug

I can very easily bring up the last 10 games I"m mislynched on meta Pretty much follows the trajector of this game. As scum I'm pretty much townread and never a day 1 lynch option, can bring that up too. I'm deep in my town mtea

Kinda ironic that I'm nightkilled on MU and lynched day 1 on MS
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Mulch »

That's probably the longest post I've made in a year riiip
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1604, Kmd4390 wrote:Mulch what case? The one that transcend quoted that caused the swap?
Yeah it read as really towny to me. Bad but towny.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1603, Eddie Cane wrote:I know I really should go reread this game in depth rather than the skim I did but ugh
You owe it to me (and the rest of my team)
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Mulch »

I'm going to be honest I've been losing motiviatoin to play in this game because I get genuinely angry when I'm mislynched under the same pattern OVER and OVEr and OVER again and when peopl elike una and tor that can actually read me are calling me obvious town

I'm giving you all one last effot becausee team mafia, and I feel really guilty just letting you feel bad and mislynch me again
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1605, Mulch wrote:but I do want to know why transcend is meta reading me when he said he dosen't read me on meta/
Eddie can you just ask transcend this please
Amrock#3784
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1605, Mulch wrote:Chara- Getting leery. They've been fairly inquisitive but I think they are supposed to be obvious town as town? and that hasn't happened. It's possible they are white knighting me for towncred. ALso kind of susp that they are pushing eddie. At risk of alienating a possible town who is defending me, null-scum
don't meta me on hearsay. you
will
get an angry Chara.
i don't get mislynched as town. ever. i get wagoned and suspected plenty. there's a difference. i obvtown when it matters.
also you're town, so don't be paranoid of me because i can see it, either.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1607, Mulch wrote:
In post 1604, Kmd4390 wrote:Mulch what case? The one that transcend quoted that caused the swap?
What about it felt town specifically?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by Chara »

Mulch: what didn't you like about Cheet's Spiffeh push? you're also scumreading Spiffeh.
he's personally null for me. i need to see him try.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1612, Kmd4390 wrote:
Basically, eddie has a history with me. Basically an ego battle on who can read each other more. I'm pretty sure he's come into the game thinking he was going to catch mulch scum from the get go, and was being conf-biased. It's hard to see that when someone is aggresively pushing your mislych but whatever. The case was desparate, a village desparation more than a manipulative desparation, it had genuine frustration and I finally could see why he was scumreading me, I can see where he is coming from. Plus it just felt towny. My best reads are ones that are kinda hard for me to explain but basically it felt more like viillage eddie than wolf eddie. Especially because how bad he would have looked when I flipped.

Is that a good explanation?
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1613, Chara wrote:Mulch: what didn't you like about Cheet's Spiffeh push? you're also scumreading Spiffeh.
he's personally null for me. i need to see him try.
The fact that he was treating him like town the entire time, basically
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1611, Chara wrote:
In post 1605, Mulch wrote:Chara- Getting leery. They've been fairly inquisitive but I think they are supposed to be obvious town as town? and that hasn't happened. It's possible they are white knighting me for towncred. ALso kind of susp that they are pushing eddie. At risk of alienating a possible town who is defending me, null-scum
don't meta me on hearsay. you
will
get an angry Chara.
i don't get mislynched as town. ever. i get wagoned and suspected plenty. there's a difference. i obvtown when it matters.
also you're town, so don't be paranoid of me because i can see it, either.
:lol:

Honestly I'm townreading this

am I bad
Amrock#3784
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1589, Kmd4390 wrote:Eddie, you asked me about Transcend meta.

Open 694
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=72485
Transcend was town. Pretty much just spammed before replacing out. Switched votes quite a bit on Day 1 but didn't give much reasoning but he gives one liners that kind of give you an idea where he is coming from.

Boon large 209
viewtopic.php?t=73745&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go
Transcend was town. His Day 1 is mostly spam. Switched votes quite a bit Day 1 but didn't give much reasoning but he gives one liners that kind of give you an idea where he is coming from.

Boon Large 204:
viewtopic.php?t=72014&f=55&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
Transcend was scum here. Now the spam is still here. But you'll notice he's locked in on two players: Gamma and Crush, both lynchbait type players. Also the one liner reasoning isn't present. It's more "X is scum, Y is town, oh wow Z is scummy, A is locktown".

Now ISO him here. Suddenly he's against spam and the post where he votes Mulch, a lynchbait type player, he simply states Mulch "is scum". Says he "would lynch" Chara. 164 and 166 where he is supposed to be giving reasoning, he just says "being scummy" and "very scummy". I asked Transcend earlier why he isn't obvtown to me yet. I think it's those one-liner reasons for reads that I always seem to understand where he's coming from on and even agree quite a bit, but something usually screams town about him early on and it just isn't there this game. He also locked on to Mulch for the majority of his time here in a way that just isn't present in his town games.

And no, these aren't my only games with Transcend. They are just the three most recent.

Reading what I've missed now.

Links fixed. -Ether
Fun fact: I'm MCM if you didn't know that. I was really pissed at that newbie who fucked up the very good reads bar L person that game. I caught transcend there too :D

Those aren't the 3 most recent - what about the multiball large I subbed into? Because, Transcend there played to his scum meta a lot more than the town one IMO, and that's where I really noticed a difference. Notice how he went on a couple month hiatus? Before that, games like viewtopic.php?f=84&t=72576 happen where I deathtunnel Transcend (... and the other scum #subtlebrag) the entire game from like page 10 because to me he was easy to read. But, his play here isn't reallllly his scum meta, I would agree its closer to it than his town meta. You need to keep in mind though that along with the hiatus this is team mafia, people are going to try harder.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Chara »

i don't feel that Eddie's meta argument for why Mulch-town is really Mulch-null is all that genuine. not that it looks fake, but i haven't been able to parse it for alignment one way or the other.

Eddie: would appreciate you reading the full game if you're able. if not, doing some ISOing and some work would help me see town. i don't believe that's the case but if you're town i think you can show me eventually.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1616, Mulch wrote:Honestly I'm townreading this

am I bad
:D
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1614, Mulch wrote:
Basically, eddie has a history with me. Basically an ego battle on who can read each other more. I'm pretty sure he's come into the game thinking he was going to catch mulch scum from the get go, and was being conf-biased. It's hard to see that when someone is aggresively pushing your mislych but whatever. The case was desparate, a village desparation more than a manipulative desparation, it had genuine frustration and I finally could see why he was scumreading me, I can see where he is coming from. Plus it just felt towny. My best reads are ones that are kinda hard for me to explain but basically it felt more like viillage eddie than wolf eddie. Especially because how bad he would have looked when I flipped.

It also wasn't a case arguing why you were scum but why you weren't town.

But, anyways, I did come into this game very biased towards scumreading you. In the 66%~ likelyhood your team got at least 1 scum pm, I see very little reason you wouldn't take it. You know you are going to get scumread regardless because of that because you know boon tora me etc have enough experience with you to know your winrates and personal opinions on scum and town. You know you get lynched significantly less as scum... but also that people would be thinking you're scum here anyways. Town mulch would have to defend against the EXACT same stuff scum mulch would, so I don't see the motivation you would possibly have for not taking the scum pm to play the alignment you perform better at.

I'm well aware this is not a popular path to go down for reads due to WIFOM but its particularly relevant in cases like Creature and Mulch where one alignment is so vastly significant to the other. Its also what earns Aristo a ton of town points - he hates scum as much as ThinkBig IIRC. This also obviously isn't a lock and key situation because hell 33% of the time they didn't get a scum pm in the first place, but its a bias I'm aware of and don't think should be shut off.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Mulch »

The only people that should be meta-reading me are Boonskiies, Toranaga, and Ellibereth
Amrock#3784
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1615, Mulch wrote:The fact that he was treating him like town the entire time, basically
i didn't get that impression. i see what you mean, but it seemed more like Cheet was frustrated with Spiffeh's lack of action and was trying to press him to action. i feel a scum Cheet wouldn't be annoyed by that, or at least less easily so.
yes, i'm aware Cheet said it wasn't Spiffeh that bothered him.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1620, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1614, Mulch wrote:

It also wasn't a case arguing why you were scum but why you weren't town.

But, anyways, I did come into this game very biased towards scumreading you. In the 66%~ likelyhood your team got at least 1 scum pm, I see very little reason you wouldn't take it. You know you are going to get scumread regardless because of that because you know boon tora me etc have enough experience with you to know your winrates and personal opinions on scum and town. You know you get lynched significantly less as scum... but also that people would be thinking you're scum here anyways. Town mulch would have to defend against the EXACT same stuff scum mulch would, so I don't see the motivation you would possibly have for not taking the scum pm to play the alignment you perform better at.

I'm well aware this is not a popular path to go down for reads due to WIFOM but its particularly relevant in cases like Creature and Mulch where one alignment is so vastly significant to the other. Its also what earns Aristo a ton of town points - he hates scum as much as ThinkBig IIRC. This also obviously isn't a lock and key situation because hell 33% of the time they didn't get a scum pm in the first place, but its a bias I'm aware of and don't think should be shut off.
You realize that I knew this and my team knew this too? We didn't get any scum role pms, and I'm telling you there is no way in hell I would ever play an open game or Alisae's game anyway. I just woulden't. I am always taking a normal game over any other game. I'm pretty sure I would take the scum role PM if we got one in the normal games but we didn't, we just didn't. I don't know how to convince you. Everyone that knows me well is calling me town brother. Not much more I can say. I'm just not scum

If you read me by my play maybe null maybe town? read me by other who know me I should be town by now.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Mulch »

The ironic thing is that i THINK i would have taken a normal game scum role PM over a town one

but I don't know cause we didn't get one

lel
Amrock#3784

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”