Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 49

You play sixteen weeks, what do you get
Another bombardment of pain and regret
Don't spam me for the sequel, 'cause I won't go
I owe my loss to this terrible role
-[
Sixteen Tons,
Johnny Cash
]
2 Spiffeh (Patrick, Mulch)
1 Cabd (Toranaga)
1 Chara (implosion)
1 Eddie Cane (Kmd4390)
1 Kagami (Firebringer)
1 Mulch (Kagami)

8 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Chara, Cheetory6, Eddie Cane, Ginngie, Spiffeh, UnaBombaH)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

btw I have work in a bit and then going to a party so I'll probs not post much today. hoping by tomorrow cabd has posted, boon has caught up, ari has caught up, tora has caught up.

cheet, we are going to go through the playerlist tomorrow if you have time.

I'm trusting transcend on town fire, especially since my read is a town lean and it fits. for d1, I'm not touching thst slot unless I get a really good argument and all I've seen about fire is "shitposting" and "useless".

Gingie, Thor is now in night. Any chance he would read this game? I think he could sort mulch and una at least somewhat, but more importantly I townread your slot and value his reads.

Spiffy, explain your thought process of not wanting mulch if cabd is town or whatever you said. Doesn't connect with me. Also, your pushes were fine, it's alright they didn't pan out. it's better you do bad pushes and cancel them than just do nothing.

this game I have a fuck ton of townreads, haven't formally gone through the game and sorted yet I should have time to do that tomorrow. that said, I am guessing I'll be able to give an actual lynchpool too because I'm being a useless shitsack and not voting rn.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1750, Ether wrote:
Day 1, Votecount 49

You play sixteen weeks, what do you get
Another bombardment of pain and regret
Don't spam me for the sequel, 'cause I won't go
I owe my loss to this terrible role
-[
Sixteen Tons,
Johnny Cash
]
2 Spiffeh (Patrick, Mulch)
1 Cabd (Toranaga)
1 Chara (implosion)
1 Eddie Cane (Kmd4390)
1 Kagami (Firebringer)
1 Mulch (Kagami)

7 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Chara, Cheetory6, Eddie Cane, Ginngie, Spiffeh, UnaBombaH)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

based on this I conclude it isn't just me having issues with sucmreads. 7 people not voting and the only wagon greater than 1 probably claiming fn. the fuck.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:09 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I do indeed have time for tomorrow.
In post 1751, Eddie Cane wrote:Thor is now in night
pls be careful.
Err on side of caution with referencing other games yo.

P-edit: I mean, nobody's really pushing a case on anyone with any degree of confidence at this point.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:09 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

oh, spiffeh is the legendary 2 person wagon. oops. I guess I'm fine with that, I would say I currently town lean that slot. fuck. too. many. townreads.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1753, Cheetory6 wrote:I do indeed have time for tomorrow.
In post 1751, Eddie Cane wrote:Thor is now in night
pls be careful.
Err on side of caution with referencing other games yo.

P-edit: I mean, nobody's really pushing a case on anyone with any degree of confidence at this point.
its page 71, a week into the game. is that not an issue to you?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Not saying it isn't an issue, I just don't have any really good scumreads that I feel like I could convincingly lead a push on right now.

Cabd is probably my best guess for scum at this point.
:/

If someone I was townreading was dropping a case that I could get behind and acting confident about it, I would probably be sheeping it right now.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1748, Kagami wrote:Can ask, so far only chesskid and AD have read much of the game, and only incompletely, but I think CK has significant Ginn experience and hadn't voiced concerned.

I'll request an iso-ing.
I thought as much
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:15 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1751, Eddie Cane wrote:Gingie, Thor is now in night. Any chance he would read this game? I think he could sort mulch and una at least somewhat, but more importantly I townread your slot and value his reads.
HE DID GIVE AN OPINION AM SORRY I FORGOT ONE SECOND

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1756, Cheetory6 wrote:Not saying it isn't an issue, I just don't have any really good scumreads that I feel like I could convincingly lead a push on right now.

If someone I was townreading was dropping a case that I could get behind and acting confident about it, I would probably be sheeping it right now.
so you don't buy his claim, that's interesting

I think cabd would get confirmed tomorrow if his claim is true though
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1756, Cheetory6 wrote:Not saying it isn't an issue, I just don't have any really good scumreads that I feel like I could convincingly lead a push on right now.

what was the cabd case? bad reason for townreading mulch is all I remember but that was kinda a throwaway comment
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1758, Ginngie wrote:
In post 1751, Eddie Cane wrote:Gingie, Thor is now in night. Any chance he would read this game? I think he could sort mulch and una at least somewhat, but more importantly I townread your slot and value his reads.
HE DID GIVE AN OPINION AM SORRY I FORGOT ONE SECOND
noise to signal ratio is to be expected but gives him good vibes for recongizing this fact in that it's an issue.
Says trans isn't buddying and abrasiveness not blurring up his points.

On principal he'd vig him but for day 1 there is almost has to be a better lynch option in that moment of writing the post.

says overall soft town lean

dont know if I can say when it was written so I'm leaving that out

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Ginngie »

oh all that was regarding trans not eddie

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Ginngie »

Town: Spiff, Cheet, Chara, Mulch, Eddie, Fire, Tor, Ari
Who Left: Patrick, implosion una, kagami, KMD

Here's updated

will explain a bit because I've had a productive day and that makes me motivated today

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

wanting to vig trans is pretty standard among older players (cwl)

also is it bad before you said anything I couldn't tell if it was wrt mulch or trans
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Ginngie »

So with Spiff, I had a moment of weakness where I chose to continue pushing Spiff out of spite even tho my mind kept telling me dude stop.

Mainly in nancy's game, Girls 2, the same ordeal/events proceeded with Spiff. After sleeping my pettiness went away and accepted the point and with Spiff's current trend it looks to be he has feet on the ground.

One thing I notice is that it's also discussing a multitude of players and routes, what I vaguely remember from biochem when were scum together is that he mostly he had a one track mind or was solid on one thing and pushed that one thing each day.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1764, Eddie Cane wrote:also is it bad before you said anything I couldn't tell if it was wrt mulch or trans
fucking lmfao

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Ginngie »

Cheet from what I remember of Civ is that he was lowkey disappointed in replacing it and focused on this AtE route from what I remember. Then again it was Civ mafia lmao

Regardless for this game it's been like he's just been the happy motivation to keep the game moving. Literally nothing I've viewed by Cheet has been scummy and has been my central focus of sheeping in my sheep strats.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Ginngie »

Chara quite literally used the same argument as me and I can relate to the same mentality so I'm saying town here for two reasons.

For the first point, with what I was saying:
In post 1445, Chara wrote:it was probably wrong of me to assume i would be obvtown just because i was excited. i often do get wagoned as town, though not lynched. and i only obvtown after doing something more specific that i realize i haven't done yet. call it being cocky. blame Ellibereth, actually.
This is literally the same personality trait that I have and even brought it up this game and was something I think implosion or Patrick voted me for
In post 1381, Ginngie wrote:I shouldn’t be obv town, I’m town enough to not be lynched but not killed.
2nd point is also that Chara and other people knows about their weak scumgame so handing herself a red wouldn't help out her team so more likely green than a red PM this game

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 1760, Eddie Cane wrote:what was the cabd case? bad reason for townreading mulch is all I remember but that was kinda a throwaway comment
Wasn't really necessarily a case but:
In post 477, Cheetory6 wrote:
Cabd wrote:Okay cheet your job is to keep me sane. Any time I am getting not-sane, please pull me back from the brink.

Do you think it's possible for me to have a very good read on kagami given their posts to present?
Okay. Your job is to start working on being town if you are town then.
(:

I don't really have much experience with Kagami, but I think there are things that they've posted that are pokeable in general. The defense on Una was interesting enough, wouldn't be hard to get some kind of feeling for whether they're legitimately trying to sort Una there or if they're just WKing to generate content. Could ask them about an update on his Spiff read. Or what about the Mulch case that Transcend posted that they finds compelling.

I just kind of overly feel like your post was easy commentary and the Kagami thing was at best kind of lazy and at worst you, as scum, trying to overexplain your thought process to seem like you're doing something when you're not really doing anything.

You said you haven't read yet which is all fine and dandy, but you have my attention for when you do catch-up atm. And I'm unfortunately too dumb to just let things happen so I could get a more natural read on you :')
My perception to his entrance is as above and he never really got to a better place in terms of general engagement with the game.

If I were to try to tldr:
it's mostly that all of his scumhunting (of which there was very little) seemed particularly flat, his choice of things to focus on seemed weird to me and the softclaim was kind of terrible for at least a few reasons most of which I don't really want to dig into right now.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Ginngie »

As I'm reading this I'm actually starting to question it, one thing is that it feels that Mulch's involvement feels like it's shrinking after the Trans v Mulch thing settled down. I'm tabling this read for last as it'll take more of an analysis

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Ginngie »

The Eddie read is because that fucking case was super extensive even for a teammate and not just a player in the game.

That tells me that Eddie focused really hard on sorting explaining a read and I just can't for the life of me see someone helping a scum teammate with that.

Also my gut tells me that I was dumb tunneling transcend and spiteread him as scum.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:44 am

Post by Ginngie »

Fire is something else, throwback on a Ginngie style read

the moment fire mad this post
In post 1261, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1260, Ginngie wrote:Theory, Trans/Mulch TvT
Welcome to the game
Something resonated in me at that time that went "fuck thats town"

I don't truly know why the post speaks so much to me but in all honesty, that is where part of my read comes from.

There's also other things that were generally discussed by others in how he has some quality posting in this game that I liked and would just be echoing this game.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Ginngie »

Toranaga I actually don't have anything definitive as to what I like personally but using the method of sheeping the crowd, I'm comfortable putting him into town.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Ginngie »

Ari we've already talked about how/why he would have chosen a green PM this game

Also my personal experience analyzing the difference between his games is obvious.

Also his catch up has been quality so even outside of meta his play reflects good posting.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”