Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Ginngie »

Just realized I completely left out Cabd

apparently he can say he's a friendly neighbor so that's cool I guess and will be confirmed so he's like tabled for a day.

Otherwise I think he's relying on that role a little too hard and nothing else is really going for him to be townread.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 50

2 Spiffeh (Patrick, Mulch)
1 Cabd (Toranaga)
1 Chara (implosion)
1 Eddie Cane (Kmd4390)
1 Kagami (Firebringer)
1 Mulch (Kagami)

8 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Chara, Cheetory6, Eddie Cane, Ginngie, Spiffeh, UnaBombaH)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:04 am

Post by Patrick »

Spiffeh wrote:Calling it a push when one doesn't exist looks like he doesn't really care if he's misrepresenting me as long as he can further discredit someone voting against him.
Like sure maybe he's just bad at mafia and thinks everyone that dares to mention him as a lynch target is scum but in a game where I'm struggling to form concrete scum reads maybe the badness is just scumminess?
This just seems blustery to me I guess? I don't think the distinction between push and naked vote was that important in that context, if you're voting someone then you are on some level pushing them, even if not shouting about how they're obvscum. I also don't feel like everyone who goes after him is automatically called scum, and that's pretty shaky line of attack even if true. Do you find that reliably comes from scum?
Kmd wrote:I feel like I've seen spiff struggle to get reads as town before. I'm gonna try to find it
Seems pretty believable anyway without an example.

Pretty lost atm, because Spiffeh doesn't feel especially scummy in the last couple of pages prodding Tor and commenting on Firebringer, nor does Ginggie, but there are 3 scum out there and I can't confidently name one. I think Spiffeh is still in scumrange though going after Tor who has been written off by a lot of people doesn't seem very scum like. My read on Cabd pretty depends entirely on whether he's claiming Friendly Neighbour, as I assume that would be a daft claim to make if not true.

Odd question, but am I being too naive in reading Mulch's page 65/66 posts as town? The readslist in particular looked very genuine town to me, but it obviously hasn't hit that note for many others so I wonder if that's largely meaningless. I didn't get as strong a vibe from Eddie's posting, but he seems to be trying to get reads on people and I don't see anything that makes me grimace.

Not really done with this, but BSG beckons.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Ginngie »

imma gonna have to end this here cuz I'm running late for Gasparilla
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1769, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 1760, Eddie Cane wrote:what was the cabd case? bad reason for townreading mulch is all I remember but that was kinda a throwaway comment
Wasn't really necessarily a case but:
In post 477, Cheetory6 wrote:
Cabd wrote:Okay cheet your job is to keep me sane. Any time I am getting not-sane, please pull me back from the brink.

Do you think it's possible for me to have a very good read on kagami given their posts to present?
Okay. Your job is to start working on being town if you are town then.
(:

I don't really have much experience with Kagami, but I think there are things that they've posted that are pokeable in general. The defense on Una was interesting enough, wouldn't be hard to get some kind of feeling for whether they're legitimately trying to sort Una there or if they're just WKing to generate content. Could ask them about an update on his Spiff read. Or what about the Mulch case that Transcend posted that they finds compelling.

I just kind of overly feel like your post was easy commentary and the Kagami thing was at best kind of lazy and at worst you, as scum, trying to overexplain your thought process to seem like you're doing something when you're not really doing anything.

You said you haven't read yet which is all fine and dandy, but you have my attention for when you do catch-up atm. And I'm unfortunately too dumb to just let things happen so I could get a more natural read on you :')
My perception to his entrance is as above and he never really got to a better place in terms of general engagement with the game.

If I were to try to tldr:
it's mostly that all of his scumhunting (of which there was very little) seemed particularly flat, his choice of things to focus on seemed weird to me and the softclaim was kind of terrible for at least a few reasons most of which I don't really want to dig into right now.
Fair enough. I was under the impression that Cabd is a very solid player and is capable of a lot more than... the garbage that his iso this game as scum as well? That implies he's legitimately busy with other things regardless of his alignment, though I do think there's nothing that makes me townread him in his iso and we are all having scum finding issues so I guess that's implicative. I would argue that his play has been trash even if he is FN though. I still need a hard claim from him, if he is committing to FN we will know soon enough (good luck claiming roleblocked buddy) and if not I am fine having him in the scum lean pile.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Firebringer »

Let’s lynch in Cabd and Kagami!
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1780, Firebringer wrote:Let’s lynch in Cabd and Kagami!
Are they scum?

If so, are they scum together?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Firebringer »

Aristophanes have u read anything?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1703, Aristophanes wrote:I got to page 25 by refusing to read the hyperposters (left me ~2 posts a page I actually had to care about).
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Firebringer »

Well there’s plenty more to read!
Show

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1784, Firebringer wrote:Well there’s plenty more to read!
Indeed, I am out buying groceries atm so not really in thread parsing mode lol
- Jingle
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Firebringer »

Can you buy the game a pizza while ur out?
Show

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I have a bit of time, so here's /roughly/ where I'm at. This is without consulting with my team (we are still busy looking for a sub) and written in about 15 minutes. That means no isos and its done 95% from memory, so tomorrow when we do this in depth it may change a decent amount.

{Cheet, Ginngie, Cabd} - lol I had issues coming up with who to put with cheet as a strong town read, that's sad. Cheet is just gamesolvey kind of obv town, fits their meta to pick town, is playing similar to our last game, iirc my mateys had them as town, really nothing to make us scumread them at all. Ginngie is hard town for me on tone and play, good thoughts, match up a lot with me in a lot of instances. Less tangible read but almost as strong. Also, apparently they wouldn't pick scum and this is their town meta, which is nice. And, of course, lolfriendlyneighbour.

at this point I am now realizing how weak most of my town reads are and how everyone is just barely a town lean. interesting.

{Spiffy, Toranaga, ...

Okay, making a reads list isn't actually working. Cheet, Ginngie, Cabd are town. Mulch schum or if you're generous null. Una is probably around there too, their paranoia is bad because they have a team now.

Chara, Toranaga, KMD, Kagami, Patrick, Implosijon, Ari, Fire, Spiffeh... you are all varying degrees of slight town leans. Fuck me. I guess I'll take Spiffeh and Tora out because the former is starting to be productive and the latter Transcend said is never scum here. That leaves Chara/KMD/Kagami/Patrick/Implosion/Ari/Fire/Mulch/Una as a scum pool. Fuck me up. I mean, the game could be solved if Cabd faked his FN claim, Boon let Una pick scum and didn't coach him better, and Mulch decided to fake some weird shit with cabd while pocketing tor..... lol. Otherwise, I hate this game. Guess this post is gonna take me a bit longer than 15 minutes because I'm well aware how scummy it is to be this indecisive and have this many town leans.... so l ets break 'em down. Again,
this is from memory. I did not leave this post preview while typing this. sorry if anything is wrong.

Chara: wouldn't have likely picked scum. Fine. I actually town read the post about obv towning too. Also fine. Gerry, Maria, and Dunn are all people who could have potentially picked scum, they all prefer it IIRC and are all at least capable of it (wrt their capability as town). They haven't done... much of anything though, the single thing I can remember them doing is pushing a mislynch (my slot). Maybe an ISO will improve this, but this is a very soft lean.

KMD: Very capable as scum. Had me pocketed in that large, caught him in the second one. Also capable as town though, and as scum I recall him only really doing occasional wallposting whereas here he's interacting a bit more which I guess is a point in his favour? Probably closer to the null or scum pile if I'm honest, but I don't remember them doing anything pingy either.

Kagami: Came in to the game, defended Trans, pushed Mulch. Exactly what I thought any logical person should be doing at the time so I lock towned him off the bat. People are arguing he's scum if Mulch is town, which I think is a slightly fairer argument, but he hasn't pinged me at all. Still gonna town lean this.

Patrick: Can be a town lean. All of their posts are logical, none are scummy, just not enough of them and nothing I see unfakeable as scum either. I was going to have this as a town read until I saw just how little they've posted and based on their team even though I've never heard of him I would guess he's a very strong player which makes me question why he's so sparce in the thread - #geriatricclub I guess.

Implosion: Town lean. Disagree with the obv town comment. Nothing more to say.

Ari: I really, really don't think there's ever a world they pick scum. Like thinkbig, they despise the alignment and are awful at it. Also, I think every one of their teammates is fine with scum, so no reason to pick it (lol5scumpms). Their play this game has me questioning that though at least a little bit - low content, excusey, too nice are all traits of scum!ari. Their alignment will become obvious, so for now I'm not interested in lynching this. Let's see the catchup.

Fire: Useless, definitely not a lurker Kappa. Transcend townread them hard and I have no reason to disagree, but there is a good player beneath that lack of shit giving and this is 100000% within their scum range so i got my eye on u firedoggo. This or Mulch is where I am copping tonight if I am a cop.

And, of course, Mulch/una. I would probably scumread the above post because I barely took any stances, but like, this game is hard lol........... I'll do real iso reads and hopefully one of my teammates will actually give enough of a shit to read this game tomorrow. Cheet and I get to have fun reads list party time!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1787, Eddie Cane wrote:Fire: Useless,
It’s like you read my life’s book
Show

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:06 am

Post by implosion »

The thing about the "Chara wouldn't have picked scum" argument in general is that it's kind of wrong?

Sure, Chara is self-admittedly bad at scum. But it also self-admittedly enjoys scum. And so if their team cared more about having fun than strictly having the highest probability of winning team mafia then etc.

As for the "i can obvtown in the right circumstances" i see no reason for us to not put that claim to the test?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Mulch »

Hi
Amrock#3784
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1789, implosion wrote:The thing about the "Chara wouldn't have picked scum" argument in general is that it's kind of wrong?

Sure, Chara is self-admittedly bad at scum. But it also self-admittedly enjoys scum. And so if their team cared more about having fun than strictly having the highest probability of winning team mafia then etc.

As for the "i can obvtown in the right circumstances" i see no reason for us to not put that claim to the test?
Trying to force someone to be obvtown doesn’t really work.
It’s like trying to create magic with a recipe.

Magic don’t work like that
Show

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 1693, Spiffeh wrote:This is what happens when people complain about my lack of reads

I force myself to push something that I only half believe in to shut them up and it goes no where

I'm just gonna reread the whole game tomorrow and hopefully something will stick out to me
Pretty towny imo

VOTE: kagami
Amrock#3784
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Firebringer »

Mulch ur my man this game
Show

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Mulch »

Spoiler:
In post 1779, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1760, Eddie Cane wrote:what was the cabd case? bad reason for townreading mulch is all I remember but that was kinda a throwaway comment
Cabd wrote:Okay cheet your job is to keep me sane. Any time I am getting not-sane, please pull me back from the brink.

Do you think it's possible for me to have a very good read on kagami given their posts to present?
(:

I don't really have much experience with Kagami, but I think there are things that they've posted that are pokeable in general. The defense on Una was interesting enough, wouldn't be hard to get some kind of feeling for whether they're legitimately trying to sort Una there or if they're just WKing to generate content. Could ask them about an update on his Spiff read. Or what about the Mulch case that Transcend posted that they finds compelling.

I just kind of overly feel like your post was easy commentary and the Kagami thing was at best kind of lazy and at worst you, as scum, trying to overexplain your thought process to seem like you're doing something when you're not really doing anything.

You said you haven't read yet which is all fine and dandy, but you have my attention for when you do catch-up atm. And I'm unfortunately too dumb to just let things happen so I could get a more natural read on you :')
My perception to his entrance is as above and he never really got to a better place in terms of general engagement with the game.

it's mostly that all of his scumhunting (of which there was very little) seemed particularly flat, his choice of things to focus on seemed weird to me and the softclaim was kind of terrible for at least a few reasons most of which I don't really want to dig into right now.
Fair enough. I was under the impression that Cabd is a very solid player and is capable of a lot more than... the garbage that his iso this game as scum as well? That implies he's legitimately busy with other things regardless of his alignment, though I do think there's nothing that makes me townread him in his iso and we are all having scum finding issues so I guess that's implicative. I would argue that his play has been trash even if he is FN though. I still need a hard claim from him, if he is committing to FN we will know soon enough (good luck claiming roleblocked buddy) and if not I am fine having him in the scum lean pile.

Needless to say if cabd actually is roleblocked and flips town tomorrow this is incredibly scummy
Amrock#3784
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1789, implosion wrote:The thing about the "Chara wouldn't have picked scum" argument in general is that it's kind of wrong?

my team played by that metric, i have no issues at all with you pushing chara if you want to.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Mulch »

I really dislike eddies readslist in the reads and in the reasons
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 1796, Mulch wrote:I really dislike eddies readslist in the reads and in the reasons
And some other posts he’s made
Amrock#3784
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1794, Mulch wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1779, Eddie Cane wrote:

(:

Needless to say if cabd actually is roleblocked and flips town tomorrow this is incredibly scummy
needless to say if cabd actually is roleblocked and flips town tomorrow and i am lynched d3 and flip town this is incredibly scummy
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Mulch »

Spiffeh seems super towny these past few pages

Their points on toranaga are really towny

But toranaga is still town imo
Amrock#3784