Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 54

Somebody once told me that players only scroll me
My posts are way too long for this thread
Now allow me to convey through a full PBPA
Every word that the guy you should vote said
-[
All Star,
Smash Mouth
]
5 Kagami (Firebringer, Mulch, Ginngie, Chara, Kmd4390)
1 Cabd (Toranaga)
1 Chara (implosion)
1 Mulch (Kagami)
1 Spiffeh (Patrick)

6 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Cheetory6, Eddie Cane, Spiffeh, UnaBombaH)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

There is a huge contingent of players town reading Toranaga and I can't for the life of me understand why

It seems to be mostly meta so can someone link games with Toranaga that make them think he's town here?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by implosion »

Chara wrote:this is an argument to wagon me, not an argument for why i'm actually scum. you've presented a hypothetical, that i'd care more about fun than i would about winning, and suggested that you see if it's true. it's not compelling and it makes me wonder if you're scum after all. which is entirely possible. :>
Yeah, my argument for you being scum is that i still have lingering doubts about that wall i posted earlier that you responded to + the poe is shrinking in and i have distinctly seen nothing from you that makes me think town. None of your selfmeta-ish things have given me pings of "this is most likely genuine" like spiffeh's did earlier.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1523, Spiffeh wrote:Since it wasn't clear, #1502 was in response to this:
In post 1514, Eddie Cane wrote:nope, should I? useless lurker who apparently was a paragon at some point but i wouldn't know that based on their play here.
So everyone pls relax
Uh I meant #1518 instead of #1502 here lol
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by implosion »

Vague assorted modern thoughts.

I could join the Kagami wagon but I don't quite want the day to end yet (and do not trust an l-2 wagon to not blow up), I think we're in a fairly productive spot right now.

I agree with Keely that my (and perhaps the Collective's?) townread on Toranga is rusting a bit with time. Ari as well to an extent but like, the point with Ari is that whether we ever lynch Ari is something that we can put off until tomorrow anyway even disregarding the whole team mafia meta arguments.

I think Kmd is actually my strongest townread atm.

Ginngie is townish now too which makes things eargh.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I'm still town!
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Toranaga »

weekends are a mess for me I'm sorry
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1902, implosion wrote:Yeah, my argument for you being scum is that i still have lingering doubts about that wall i posted earlier that you responded to + the poe is shrinking in and i have distinctly seen nothing from you that makes me think town. None of your selfmeta-ish things have given me pings of "this is most likely genuine" like spiffeh's did earlier.
i'll have to check later to see what you're referring to.
talk to me about your strong PoE?

and my self-meta isn't just genuine, it's plain true. :>
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1863, Mulch wrote:Kmd

I didn’t think the case by Eddie was auto clearing, I just thought it was town indicative and the case itself was very towny
Your phrasing here seemed to imply otherwise:
In post 1687, Mulch wrote:
In post 1683, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1664, Mulch wrote:That's incorrect I'm scumreading 2/4 people that vote me
I mean you scum read Transcend (Eddie's predecessor) HARD until he broke the rules by proving he was being genuine so not much you can do about that one

And implosion is just obviously town
Why are you acting like it's a bad thing

It's basically a free advantage
Am I reading it wrong? And even if so, have you changed your mind on it? What is your read on Eddie right now?
Chara wrote:i could elaborate on either Patrick or Ari if you cared.
Sure, let's hear it.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 1906, Toranaga wrote:weekends are a mess for me I'm sorry
Apology not accepted.
Your priorities are fucked if this isn't #1.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by implosion »

Kmd is pretty unquestionably town to me.
Cheetory is continually looking how I expect him to look.
Aristophanes and Cabd are strictly off the table today and probably both town.
Toranga and Eddie are still pretty confidently town from their early games.
Spiffeh and Ginngie have both done things that make me kind of feel both ways. Ginngie is probably a bit unlikely to take scum and spiffeh's selfmetaish talk over the past while has felt mostly genuine? He's probably still a decent candidate for scum though just on the basis of his scumgame being good. I don't know if any of this stuff is really solidly outside of his scum range.
Patrick is sort of gut town and probably i need to look more into him?

i just found a dota game though so i'll continue this later but basically i hunt mostly by townhunting and just haven't seen things from you yet.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1909, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 1906, Toranaga wrote:weekends are a mess for me I'm sorry
Apology not accepted.
Your priorities are fucked if this isn't #1.
you're right, I need to set my priorities straight!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Patrick »

Eddie skirt wrote:Chara/KMD/Kagami/Patrick/Implosion/Ari/Fire/Mulch/Una

why should i not lynch u :O
Because I'd rather drink a bottle of bleach than take a scum role in this game. The difference between me and some others is that nobody knows me, so they're not telling everyone about how obviously true this is, leaving only me to say it. I took a town token in the last team mafia to reduce the chances of having to do community service, and I'd even selfishly thought about what I'd argue for why I shouldn't be it, in the event that my team did get 3 scum roles. My last game as scum was a UK scummers invitational, maybe the game or scumtopic would give more insight into why I hate it: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=47699

As to your earlier comment, I haven't made many posts because I have to sleep, eat and work, and even ideally not spend all the remaining time in front of the computer on mafiascum. The fast growing game and spammy sometimes toxic meta that is apparently the norm now haven't exactly helped. I think I was a good player around 2007-2008, and still a decent F2F one, but feel pretty ineffective atm. Kudos to all those who are also eating sleeping and working and are able to keep up to speed and make 40 posts a day I guess?

Since it's the in thing, let's do some quick impressions of everyone.

Cheetory - still seems solidly town to me. Seems to be trying to solve the game
implosion - also seems to trying to work things out. However, wouldn't put it outside of good scumplay, and he did sound a bit off to me very early. Town lean with caution
Kagami - discussed Kagami not long ago, don't see the case against him. Fluffy looking wagon largely composed of people in my uncertain category, and Spiffeh positioning himself to join, doesn't seem likely to be on scum.
Mulch - oh god. Mainly whenever I think about meta, I'm afraid he might have picked scum, and that he's good at faking being town. When I read his posts themselves, I think he's town.
Eddie skirt - Transcend I thought sounded more genuine than not, Eddie reads to me more like trying to figure things out than throw around alot of shit to confuse us.
Cabd - still waiting on the claim. Would consider as a lynch based on play alone.
Toranaga - no idea, have just more or less assumed town because of the number of people claiming straightforward meta.
Aristophanes - As above. Stuff he's put in the thread I can at least connect with
Spiffeh - one of the least town, I think. Could see all his posts as coming from scum so far.
Firebringer - meh
Unabombah - don't really remember what he thinks of anything. Awkward early but could just have been emoticons and ESL. Would be really interested in his list.
Chara - meh
Ginngie - slightly better than meh now.
Kmd - not actually super town despite a lot of content. Only time I modded him as scum he was very active and involved, and got townread hard. Probably one I should reread closely and try to pin down what's holding me back from townreading him.

Not actually alot of scumminess in the game having put that together! Think I'll reread Kmd tomorrow.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1912, Patrick wrote:Firebringer - meh
I can’t think of a more rude thing for a person to say about me
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Patrick »

I probably could, but won't. Instead I'll give some excuse about the hour of night and becoming lazy.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 1859, Kmd4390 wrote: 4 Kagami (Firebringer, Mulch, Ginngie, Chara)

I'm actually not seeing anyone on this wagon I think is scum.
I have a funny feeling that you're going to regret this one as much as I hope you regret that Inu Yasha post.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1914, Patrick wrote:I probably could, but won't. Instead I'll give some excuse about the hour of night and becoming lazy.
Lol
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Kagami »

o my, I'm rereading the end of inu yasha and viewtopic.php?p=6296227#p6296227 was a terrific post.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Patrick »

Kagami, what do you think you do differently as town and scum?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Patrick, was that Boost Mafia where I bussed the shit out of Mastina just to get town cred and get boosted and it worked but we still lost the game? Also, you said you don't see the case on Kagami. Have you read any of what I said about Kagami and you disagree with it or...?
Kagami wrote:I have a funny feeling that you're going to regret this one as much as I hope you regret that Inu Yasha post
I don't regret anything. I think the Inuyasha point is a good one.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Holy shit. Just went back and read some of Boost Mafia. I was pretty terrible in that game. I always thought 2009 was some of my best mafia. Maybe not.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Kagami »

@Patrick

Depends on my role, the setup, and how much time I have.

In general, I just try to find the correct lynch as town. As scum I usually try to support my partners.

If you're interested in meta:

Someone mentioned Vanilla Nightless from last Team Mafia, which remains my only scum loss and was generally a very different game than usual. While I don't think I played a strong game, it was entirely unwinnable in a format that allowed trust-tell replace-ins that produced multiple almost-guaranteed-towns in a format without kills.

More representative kagami scumgames are mystic mafia: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=69791, monogatari as miko miko dance party (I made pretty much 100% of the posts) viewtopic.php?f=56&t=62745, and Inu Yasha viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58247 (which remains my favorite).

For town games, just go through FakeGod games. I'm in a lot of them, am town in all of them, and generally vote support the D1 scum lynch and die N1.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

@Spiff,
I want a full rundown of what your read progression on Kagami has been this game.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

scum lean for the majority of the game, she had like one post that I only read on my reread which seemed townish but idk

I feel there are still other options to explore before deciding on a lynch

Side note I never really understand the purpose of asking people about their read progressions because it's either in the thread already or not relevant enough for me to remember
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Kagami wrote:Pretty much anyone who hadn't posted much at that point.
Kind of confused as to why you think that it would look normal/easy for someone to vote someone who hadn't posted at all at that point?
Kagami wrote:My teammates have no interest in reading this game, which is part of what makes Mulch a great lynch outside of some really good reason to think he's town, which has yet to be provided.
I don't really understand why you don't feel like you weren't capable of trying to parse the game yourself to the point where a literal policy lynch was the default thing you were pursuing.
Do you have a history of advocating for policy lynching spammers?

Also, was there a reason you were completely ignoring Mulch's questioning of why you were scumreading him?
Kagami wrote:I would have to feel a little better about kmd before going that route.
What exactly did KMD have to do with Spiff at this point?
You weren't voting him and he wasn't voting Spiff?
Also don't really understand why you felt bad about KMD here at this point. (assuming I'm reading this post correctly)

I don't really agree with KMD's assessment of Mulch's entrance, which kind of adds to me feeling like I don't really think there's anything particularly egregious in Kagami's initial engage with him on it. It frankly is a really shallow assessment of Mulch's earlygame and:
KMD wrote:I only have one reason for reading him because the way he plays makes it hard to take him seriously. He has like 300 posts. Probably two are readable. So good luck finding them.
I don't really understand why you trust the reason you have if you think he's that hard to read?

There's a part in Kagami's engage with KMD where they reference a contradiction in 1231 that felt outright incorrect - but it didn't really seem like Kagami was using that as specific reasoning as to why KMD was scum, which is probably the closest thing to a townleanable bit of content that I've gotten so far in Kagami's ISO. I feel like scum takes something like that and holds it over KMD's head, especially while trying to paint KMD as a potential Mulch partner at the time. Kind of shows some level of nuance in the manner in which Kagami may have been trying to sort KMD.
In post 1258, Kagami wrote:THE reason to townread Mulch is if you think Transcend is scum.
This quote isn't anywhere near as bad as people are saying it is IMO? Can someone explain it to me like I'm stupid why? It's not like Kagami is fishing for an Eddie wagon when they posted this.
KMD wrote:It was the way she instantly trusted it despite once being part of a scum team that successfully pulled off a friendly neighbor fakeclaim.
Kagami wrote:There's a subtle difference between calling an FN claim is probably coming from town (and if you don't see where I gathered that, then I don't know how to help you) and believing an FN claim that changes into a 3-shot FN claim after it gets "roleblocked" 3 times and has a special modifier that makes shots get consumed when blocked unlike every other role in that game.
KMD why are you still pushing this point without any kind of acknowledgment of Kagami's response to it?

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”