Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 58

5 Kagami (Firebringer, Ginngie, Chara, Kmd4390, Mulch)
2 Mulch (Kagami, Eddie Cane)
1 Cabd (Toranaga)
1 Chara (implosion)
1 Spiffeh (Patrick)
1 UnaBombaH (Spiffeh)

4 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Cheetory6, UnaBombaH)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 2030, Eddie Cane wrote:What about the fact you've been a massive cock to me, Cabd, and I'm sure others ITG? It is not manipulative, it is intentionally trying to call you out for your inappropriate comments you keep making at me and others. If you choose to have a temper tantrum, that's on you.
Cabd is a cheater. They don't deserve my respect.

I'm not arrogant enough to deny me being a dick to you in this thread. But you deserve it as well.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 2030, Eddie Cane wrote:What am I trying to pin on you for your personal relations with people exactly muh friend? Simply gave a scum tell of you.
The willpower to not go full front with this is almost tearing me apart.

You posted 4 posts by me saying that I was not well received on MU. That were all false or near false. From someone that hates me most likely. In an effort to debunk my statements saying that I was respected there more and played better there. You generalized the statements of one person and took them at face value. All because you thought it was "funny."
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 2030, Eddie Cane wrote:Well, they do know your play. I redacted their name as to not call them out, but they are a very proficient player who you have asked advice from. It is one of my reasons for considering you scum and why I was experimentally backing off, but Ginngie had to kill that and you conveniently started posting immediately after he called you out.
Ginnigie proved your entire theorm apart you ignorant idiot and you are too misguided to even see it.

Even if your "scumtell" was correct- the fact that I know spamming hurts the thread and made an effort to stop it is the opposite of what it is.

But that's not even correct. I've done that in about 4 of 25 scumgames overall. Four. You are again trying to delude yourself into manipulating data and taking the word of one person to try and smear me, just this time in a game context.
And you are a liar. I've asked advice from about 4? people in the entirety of MU on my play. I only ask people who I deeply respect and who would never do that to me. You are either making the part about me asking them for advice up, or you are making up who you are getting it from. I'm not deluded.

I also have a pretty damn good guess and who you asked considering that they talked about "people force replacing out"

and the only game that's ever happened was one singular hydra game where nancy replaced out because I went in and then I went on to win the game as scum.

There are only a few people in the game. I know who you are talking about and the fact that you have the nerve to lie about them is disgusting.
Amrock#3784
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:33 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I'll catch-up tomorrow evening - it's been a busy sunday for me.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 2030, Eddie Cane wrote:I thought your meta was the exact same except for very subtle motivational differences only the keenest hunters can discern?
This is correct. Posting cases that can make me look bad is a motiviational difference, disphit.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Mulch »

I'm done talking with Eddie or the rest of his game. Any people that pander to him and lap up his bullshit: Shame on you.
Amrock#3784
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Patrick »

Cheetory wrote:Kind of feel like this is missing the point of what Transcend was saying/doing? Like, the issue isn't that Mulch questioned it, Transcend was saying that the degree to which Mulch reacted to Transcend pushing him vs Transcend pushing someone that Mulch was townreading was disproportionate. It seems like you're acknowledging this by saying you read 410 but then I don't really understand why you left the bit in about Transcend pushing Mulch for the Toranaga vote in this post. Or if you felt like the reasoning Transcend was using had changed at some point, it doesn't really seem like you checked back to see if it squared up and just accepted 410 at face value which would be kind of weird.
Reading the thread, it looked like Transcend's point was that Mulch was only concerned about suspicion towards himself, and too relaxed when it was placed on Toranaga. I found Mulch's response pretty proportionate and would have found it more weird if he'd gone mad, or ignored it. I thought his response was pretty normal and not deserving of the attention Transcend gave it. If your point is that my paragraph didn't need the sentence starting "If someone you're..." then you're probably right.
Cheetory wrote:Quoted post is him relaying a teammate's thoughts so I'm really unsure why you were getting on KMD's case for seeming fake when it's emotional telephone. Would probably be a lot more weird if it wasn't feigned?
It struck an odd note to me when I read it, sometimes scum put that stuff on, and misjudge when they would do it as town. I'm not sure why it being mathdino matters, if Kmd is scum, his teammates commenting on the game are also scum, any reactions and any scumhunting influenced by knowing everyone's alignment. I'm not saying that I thought Kmd's first hand reaction was "fuck off...", maybe that's where the misinterpretation is. Tbh now you've made me reread it, I feel the same as I did then.

For example, if I relayed a message from CDB right now telling you to fuck off and stop questioning me, how would you read it?
Cheet wrote:Can I get some words on why for the bolded?
Initially Unabombah felt awkward to me. Lots of emoticons, lots of jokey/spammy posts. He gave what seemed like a few serious reads: Firebringer maybe town for replace out, liked Transcend, but sort of weakened them later by saying pretty much all his posts have been jokes up until then. 261 gave me a gut pang with both lines, especially "Transcend is garbage town", even though that comment can make sense logically.

He made a series of posts between that post and my next that look a lot better, especially 920. Liked him joining me on Kmd, liked what initially looked like an attack on Spiffeh turning into a townread on Spiffeh - it looked pretty organic to me. He seemed to not be hammering on soft popular targets that nervous/meh scum might, and instead doing his own thing (Kmd & Aris, yes, I didn't agree with scumread on Aris either).

Right now he feels a lot less involved, and I want to hear from him about his reads. Pretty on the fence about his alignment.

Pedit about 6 million posts, time to read those.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Mulch »

Now back to gameplay.

For whoever wanted it.

Kagami voted me on day 7 for the reason that I would probably pick scum.

Fine, I can understand that, although I didn't understand it then, especially because I was being exceptionally towny. Fine.

He has since maintained this scumread for the entire game.

Without even considering moving his vote to anyone else.

Even AFTER I explained that I was only taking a normal and other people that have been scumreading me have backed this up.

He has maintained his scumread. He has not changed or tried to read my posts. THe only posts he's commented on me are horrendous.

His case is scummy. His case is beyond scummy and useless. He's nitpicked my posts and there's one post he did in particular that has the makings of someone that blatantly wants to maintain their scumread on me.

He's tried to TVS me and Eddie when it's abundantly clear to me now that we are both town (although only "town" in the basic sense of the word- with the way Eddie has been saying, he's the closest to scum that town can get imo).

This is why I think he is scum.

Could I be wrong? Maybe. I'm not 100% sure on this. But this is my best bet for scum.

Besides this, I have a ton of reads to townread almost everyone else.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 1857, Kagami wrote:I think someone said a while ago that Mulch is good as town. Now, I'm pretty skeptical of that, given his insistence that his town-game is identical to his scum-game, but let's imagine it's true.

100% of his scumreads throughout the entire game are town. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
This post. This is one of the most individually scummy posts in the entire game.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Mulch »

The only two people in the game I am not townreading right now are Spiffeh and Kagami. The odds of one of them not being scum is astronomically low. Especially because my speciality are townreads.

I suck at scumreads. When I have a PoE, I often choose the wrong one. But I'll be damned if someone says that I don't know how to identify town.

Am I wrong on one?

Probably. I HAVE to be, even if Spiffeh and Kagami are both scum.

But as of right now, those are the only two votes that I am considering. Unless someone manages to hit the one scum that is hiding in the towns.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Mulch »

Eddie is obvious town. Patrick's self meta post makes him obvious town. Toranaga is obvious town. Implosion is beyond obvious town.

Those are just the obvious towns.

Ginnigie radiates townyness. Ari and Chara would never pick scum. Cabd has a town-confirmed claim, and Firebringer a near town-confirmed claim. Cheetory radiates town.

Kmd and Unah are town enough by play and meta respectively.

What's left are Spiffeh and Kagami.

And as a bonus, Kagami has been scummy. Spiffeh with his last reads list kind of looks like flailing too.
Amrock#3784
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Patrick »

Patrick wrote:Pedit about 6 million posts, time to read those.
=/
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Patrick »

I'll do something useful after eating, maybe. Couldn't actually bring myself to read it all, probably won't. Mulch still read legit to me.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

a bit early so quici phonepost I'm fine with kagami and mulch being the two wagons with the premise that town mulch does indeed mean scum kagami. but, I will not be moving my vote off mulch today and for the rest of the game if kagami flips town. I am not replying to mulch again either umprompted; if someone quotes something from him they ask me to reply to directly, that'll be it. I hope people see all the bs the last few pages have but it's cool.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Firebringer »

I haven’t been honestly reading mulch’s posts these last two pages
Tldr
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 2065, Firebringer wrote:I haven’t been honestly reading mulch’s posts these last two pages
Tldr
"you're a cunt"
fuck you
"you say that cuz you're a cunt"
repeat cycle
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

cheet wrote: KMD just has a lot of energy that I feel would be really really hard to fake for scum and especially for scumHim (having seen him basically lurk out as scum a few times in the past.
Cheet. What is this?
Eddie wrote: I don't actually remember KMD townreading mulch nor any reasons
I am. See my back and forth with Kagami.
Eddie wrote: I haven't. Personality Analysis (tm). Actually, I think you were town in that LQ game I read through, but regardless I can tell from your quality and style of scum game you are good at town too, if you can post like that as scum you can certainly do it as town. And, I buy 2. Almost like it discounts Spiffehs reasons for townreading you o.o
Fair. And yes, it does discount spiffs reasons for townreading me. Anyone who tries to read me based on activity is either faking their reasons or just flat wrong about how to read me. So when I see it I have to determine which it is. Its been done a few times this game and even when it leads to a town read it's kind of irritating. When I have free time, I'm active. When I don't, I'm not. It's simple and can be proven over about a decade of meta yet people still either don't get it or abuse it for any easy way to fake reads. What do you think of spiff using this after scum reading me for my teams input? Is it fake or just wrong? Im on the fence, personally.
Eddie wrote: What's he doing that's scummy? I can't remember him ever pinging me, and again I don't have time to do ISOs rn and have not seen one single convincing reason to scumread him
I'll ISO implosion when I'm on my computer and get back to you.
Eddie wrote: So, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm interpreting this as you approve of my lynch pool for the most part. Aristo needs to actually post before I'm locking him as town, even though he's pretty shit at scum and despises it it isn't the same as Creature.
Remind me what your Lynch pool was.
Eddie wrote: His scum tells are being too nice as scum, forced posting, lurking. He is way behind and not posting anything relevant, he has been completely nice, and as you said forced. Like I said, I'm waiting for him to post because he really likely would want a town PM to me but this is scum ari in play so far, so we need the catchup and then active Ari. KMD, rebuttal?
I don't have one. We have next to nothing to judge Aris on so I'm trusting what everyone says of his meta and preferring town. I think I have two games with Aris. Both were town games. One he was pretty involved and gambited with a LYLO scum claim. The other was exactly like this.

Cheet, why do you think Town Kagami flips his read on me so suddenly after that exchange?

That's through page 80. My phone is ridiculously unreliable lately so I'm hitting submit now before I lose this post.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:36 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Cheet. What is this?
I don't understand what this question is asking me.
If it's just where have I seen you lurk out as scum, then would be the only three times I've seen scumYou that I can remember which are the game where we were partners where I think you were kind of trying to play low content [has been a long time so I could be wrong], a Wake large where I remember you playing low content as well and Nancy's game where you were 100% lurking out.
If there's something else I'm missing then feel free to fill me in?
KMD wrote:Cheet, why do you think Town Kagami flips his read on me so suddenly after that exchange?
In post 1299, Kagami wrote:I only just realized that's the game we were in together. I was thinking it was Nati's MTG game where we couldn't win because there it multiball with a bulletproof IC.

I vaguely recall playing with you in some game where Juls was scum and I was a Dragon or something like that.
In post 1386, Kagami wrote:I had you as reasonably likely scum because your reason for town-reading mulch, who continues to be obvious scum, was absurd.

I've eased off that because I now remember you from Inu Yasha.
Feels like this makes sense to me if there's a reason why your play in Inuyasha would explain the context for your push here in Kagami's eyes.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:08 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Cheet, activity isn't an alignment tell for me. It's a sign of whether I've been at work a lot or not. Wakes game is a perfect example. My shifts are 16 hours. Days 1 and 2 started while I was at work and lasted less than 16 hours. Had I been town, no I wouldn't have risked my job by getting internet access and posting.

As far as Kagami, I know it's hard to judge for you because you weren't in that game, but if he really thought I was scum for townreading mulch, nothing from Inuyasha should be changing his mind on that.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Okay I guess you're scum then.

Glad we got that sorted.
:P

[It's really not just activity either though? I feel like in nancy's game you were really wooden when you were around and here you don't feel that way. I know you've been like "WHAT DOES THIS MEAN" before during this game but I still feel like it's the case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ]
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Toranaga »

reads tonight
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by implosion »

Yo.

I’m phone so no real content but I feel a bit incrementally better about mulch from the last couple pages.

Anyone who strongly thinks Kagami is town has until I get home in a couple hours to convince me not to join the wagon bc the only reason I remember anyone saying is liking their entrance and I remember finding it mediocre.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 2072, implosion wrote:Yo.

I’m phone so no real content but I feel a bit incrementally better about mulch from the last couple pages.

Anyone who strongly thinks Kagami is town has until I get home in a couple hours to convince me not to join the wagon bc the only reason I remember anyone saying is liking their entrance and I remember finding it mediocre.
I just read kagami's ISO and came out of it with the impression that they're town. I do like their entrance push on spiffeh and I like all of their posts re: mulch in the sense of those being genuine thoughts and kagami believing the push. IDK what's scummy about kagami but maybe you can enlighten me.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Eddie, you asked me about scummy things Implosion has done. I really should dig deeper on him anyway because my gut is telling me he has a decent chance of being scum here. Far from my strongest scum read, but enough to be worth looking into. So...
-I hate to keep going back to this, but I didn't like the way he reacted to Mulch's whole mason claim thing. It seemed like he was trying to fake an easy opinion by shrugging it off as "well that's just Mulch". See where he said:
Implosion wrote:This is something he has explicitly stated he just does sometimes.
And Mulch answered with simply "I have?". It feels like he saw what happened and decided what stance to take without thinking critically about it. And then after that, he said that Mulch was after town cred. That makes no sense to me considering Mulch's line of reasoning was even if he (Mulch) flips scum, we should still treat Tora as confirmed town. It just doesn't feel like Implosion is actively sorting here.

-This:
Implosion wrote:But it's not really accurate to say that I'm scumreading anyone right now. I'm pretty reluctant these days to actually scumread anyone early d1 unless something sort of falls into place, which it does sometimes but not always. I mostly just accumulate townreads.
And I know he's not the only one guilty of it (see spiff), but it really felt like he wanted to fly under the radar for a while. And not just in the sense of activity. But more...just not stirring up controversy. Not getting his hands dirty. Not giving anyone a chance to say "man that was a really scummy push".

-His confidence in me being town just feels unnaturally strong. I mean, he did say it was because of my stance on teammates helping, so it's not like he hasn't given a reason but it seems like he's coasting on that as a reason and for me to be his "strongest townread", "unquestionably town", and "blatantly obvtown" over it just doesn't feel right. I feel weird having issues with town reads on me because it keeps coming up and I don't usually do that to this extent, but some of them just feel out of place and Implosion's fits that category just like Kagami's does. Cheet and maybe Spiff I think just have the right read for the wrong reasons. These two don't feel natural.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”