Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:37 am

Post by Spiffeh »

VOTE: Mulch
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:48 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1987, Eddie Cane wrote:I really, really disagree with this train of thought. My team didn't roll scum (not that me saying that means anything), but if they did I would certainly be just as involved as I am in every other game if not moreso. As it stands, I'm very attached to the game I was force swapped out of for obvious reasons, and am keeping up with the other two as well because I consider it a crime to not help your team out as much as possible. Fuck White Flag (tm). Mathdino is supposed to be good at scum, isn't he? I don't see why he wouldn't give thoughts here, and there is always the argument that you don't tell your scummates your partners if you want genuine thoughts out of them.
That's why I supplemented that post with:
In post 1824, Spiffeh wrote:Maybe this is a dangerous assumption in general but KMD seems pretty town otherwise as well which makes me confident in my read here

He's been asking questions that actually matter and holding people to them, and I think the last time I saw scum!KMD he was in perpetual "catch up mode" which I feel would be an easy thing for him to revert back to as scum with the hyper-posty nature of this game
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:53 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1987, Eddie Cane wrote:You lose a lot of credibility because out of what I know in this, Frogger despises being scum and is easy to meta read. He's good at it if you DON'T meta, our scumgame together we crushed town completely (hi GL and Frog if you're reading xd), but because most of the modern players aren't OMG META IS AWFUL YOU IDIOTS and because he hates the alignment he would not have picked it over... anyone on that team besides Ari? Why would SS not take it, we've been scum together, it was similar enough to his town game, I bussed him and he made it look legit especially since he subbed in during the day so we couldn't communicate, he played solidly. Don't know why you'd bother posting this if your info was wrong with 5 minutes of background knowledge.
Because Kagami explicitly asked me to? I said that they were my best guesses.

Something_Smart was scum with me in DEFCON and he played pretty poorly, getting lynched Day 1. At that point he said he rolled scum a lot recently and was sick of it so that's why I figured he would be very unlikely to choose scum over his other team members.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:04 am

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 63

Once I ran to you
Now I'm done with you
This blatant scum I'm seeing
I need you dead for town's well-being
Eat this rope and quit your scheming, oh
Blatant scum
Oh...blatant scum
-[
Tainted Love,
Soft Cell
]
4 Kagami (Firebringer, Ginngie, Chara, Kmd4390)
4 Mulch (Kagami, Eddie Cane, Toranaga, Spiffeh)
2 Spiffeh (Patrick, Mulch)
1 Chara (implosion)

4 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Cheetory6, UnaBombaH)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:10 am

Post by Ginngie »

Mulch isn't voting himself
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:10 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Mulch spamming the game with insults and throwing a temper tantrum every time someone dares to explain why they're scum reading him is at the very least antitown and not fun to play with.

He claims to be impossible to meta when he's being attacked but constantly uses meta as a crutch to defend himself.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:15 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2061, Mulch wrote:What's left are Spiffeh and Kagami.

And as a bonus, Kagami has been scummy. Spiffeh with his last reads list kind of looks like flailing too.
Uh this the last thing you said about me:
In post 1799, Mulch wrote:Spiffeh seems super towny these past few pages

Their points on toranaga are really towny

But toranaga is still town imo
Was the reads list really what made you go from "super towny" to one of the two most likely to be scum in your eyes?

If so, can you go into detail on why you think it was "flailing", because to me that sounds like a buzzword to try and justify scum reading someone who the majority seems to universally suspect in some capacity which makes me think you're trying to keep your options open.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:17 am

Post by Ether »

Jeez, I don't even know how I did that. I think this is right, I'll doublecheck.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Patrick »

Spiffeh is a better lynch than Mulch or Kagami. I don't feel he's trying to figure this game out as a townie.

Ginggie looks worse to me in the last few and chara better. Gut impressions at this point. Unsure about implosion, his thing on Kagami isn't exactly full of holes but I agree with Eddie Kane's comment on it. I feel like I've made posts like that before as scum to try and justify a switch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2233, Patrick wrote:Spiffeh is a better lynch
stopped reading
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:38 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I think scum!Toranaga coming in here after being absent for a long time and reversing the only read he's talked about for the entire game would be a really odd choice so I feel that his re-entrance into the game is more likely to come from town than scum
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2159, Cabd wrote:
In post 2051, Mulch wrote:Post
MFW trying to catch up and see this. Motivation killer much? You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Or rather, if I thought you were capable of feeling shame, I'd hope for that.
If you don't want to play maybe just replace out?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2174, Mulch wrote:
In post 2172, Kagami wrote:So we're all on the same page, FB is not a gunsmith.
You do realize they claimed gunsmith
Why is Firebringer in the bottom half of players on your reads list if you believe the gunsmith claim?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Patrick »

I just don't feel like you're genuinely trying to solve the game. You accuse Mulch of trying to keep his options open which feels like bullshit because he's practically cleared everyone and is seemingly struggling to name 3 people who could be scum, and is working backwards to try and think about who the least town is instead. Presumably if he wanted to keep you in his lynchpool he could have just not pointed out something in your play that sounded town, seems like an easier way to do it than say what he did then come back to you. Townies do change their minds frequently and that's what I feel you're trying to exploit in that post.

I was going to say it was odd to me that you didn't mention Toranaga who was high on your list, but pedit.
Spiffeh wrote:
In post 2233, Patrick wrote:Spiffeh is a better lynch
stopped reading
Well, why did you stop reading? Last I checked I'm definitely in your pool of possible scum and I'm currently pushing you over two wagons that you're claiming to scumread, so I'd expect something more than a pithy comment.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:58 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Reading now, will spam the thread because that is how I catch-up the best.
Sorry in advance.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:03 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2238, Patrick wrote:You accuse Mulch of trying to keep his options open which feels like bullshit because he's practically cleared everyone and is seemingly struggling to name 3 people who could be scum, and is working backwards to try and think about who the least town is instead.
I made the "keeping options open" comment before reading the posts where he is struggling to find scum reads. Everything else stands.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:04 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1720, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 282, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 276, Mulch wrote:
In post 271, Transcend wrote:i feel like una's a player i could soul read
Every time I read Una I get the opposite alignment to what he actually is
It's because I'm bad at town -> I get scumread, I'm OK as scum -> I get townread.
Considering this quote, and kmd/Spiffeh wondering why I say I wouldn't take a scum-PM after a quote like this..
When I say I am "OK as scum", it obviously means OK. Not good, not great. OK.
While my main problems as town have always been transparency and paranoia-scumreads.
I find it hard to let go of them, and that often leads to me getting either scumread, or discredited to the point I'm of no use to town anymore. :]

I would never take a scum-PM in this Team Mafia, because my teammates are probably all better as scum.
Simple as that. Also our team got a whole set of 0 scum-PMs, but I guess that is what everyone would say.. :lol:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I also think Kagami is maybe not scum anymore
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:07 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1740, Toranaga wrote:I wonder if I'm wrong on mulch and chara
After all that's been said, I really dislike this hesitation.
I guess its somewhat understandable with the amount of context we have gotten - something is bound to be missed on initial reads and first impressions.
But toranaga seemed so certain, that this actually feels ominous..
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:16 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1769, Cheetory6 wrote:it's mostly that all of his scumhunting (of which there was very little) seemed particularly flat, his choice of things to focus on seemed weird to me and the softclaim was kind of terrible for at least a few reasons most of which I don't really want to dig into right now.
I gather this was on Cabd?
Something I'm NORMALLY able to rather accurately read, are fakeclaims. That claim from Cabd felt fake - it almost surely is. (based on the way he "presented" it, and the timing of it)
Now I'm not sure whether I want to go any deeper there today, but I'm struggling to see the town-agenda behind his actions.
Just my two cents on that slot as of this far into the game.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Patrick »

In post 2240, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 2238, Patrick wrote:You accuse Mulch of trying to keep his options open which feels like bullshit because he's practically cleared everyone and is seemingly struggling to name 3 people who could be scum, and is working backwards to try and think about who the least town is instead.
I made the "keeping options open" comment before reading the posts where he is struggling to find scum reads. Everything else stands.
Really? You quoted him saying "flailing" so let's see the post that came from?
In post 2061, Mulch wrote:Eddie is obvious town. Patrick's self meta post makes him obvious town. Toranaga is obvious town. Implosion is beyond obvious town.

Those are just the obvious towns.

Ginnigie radiates townyness. Ari and Chara would never pick scum. Cabd has a town-confirmed claim, and Firebringer a near town-confirmed claim. Cheetory radiates town.

Kmd and Unah are town enough by play and meta respectively.

What's left are Spiffeh and Kagami.

And as a bonus, Kagami has been scummy. Spiffeh with his last reads list kind of looks like flailing too.
He's cleared most players here already, so you must have seen this.

Last post before that in his iso:
In post 2060, Mulch wrote:The only two people in the game I am not townreading right now are Spiffeh and Kagami. The odds of one of them not being scum is astronomically low. Especially because my speciality are townreads.

I suck at scumreads. When I have a PoE, I often choose the wrong one. But I'll be damned if someone says that I don't know how to identify town.

Am I wrong on one?

Probably. I HAVE to be, even if Spiffeh and Kagami are both scum.

But as of right now, those are the only two votes that I am considering. Unless someone manages to hit the one scum that is hiding in the towns.
Had you read this when you suggested he was trying to keep his options open?

PS: Apologies for the format but I do want people to read the quotes rather than just linking to the posts and nothing else. Don't think Spiffeh's thought process rings true here.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:22 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1773, Ginngie wrote:Toranaga I actually don't have anything definitive as to what I like personally but using the method of sheeping the crowd, I'm comfortable putting him into town.
I'm afraid this might be a mistake I've done myself as well..
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:23 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I guess my eyes went directly to where he mentioned me like I do with every post

Sorry fam
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:32 am

Post by Spiffeh »

"Keeping options open" was a response to how he was treating me, not really in the general sense

I feel that Kagami and myself are probably the easiest lynches to swing so Mulch going back on his earlier town read on me is what that felt like.

"Keeping options open" wasn't a great way to phrase that
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:34 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1787, Eddie Cane wrote:Okay, making a reads list isn't actually working. Cheet, Ginngie, Cabd are town. Mulch schum or if you're generous null.
Una is probably around there too, their paranoia is bad because they have a team now.
My reads are still my own.
Only if my whole team yells at me for disagreeing and me being a dumbass, will I admit to paranoia.. ;)
In post 1787, Eddie Cane wrote:That leaves Chara/KMD/Kagami/Patrick/Implosion/Ari/Fire/Mulch/Una as a scum pool. Fuck me up. I mean, the game could be solved if Cabd faked his FN claim, Boon let Una pick scum and didn't coach him better, and Mulch decided to fake some weird shit with cabd while pocketing tor..... lol. Otherwise, I hate this game. Guess this post is gonna take me a bit longer than 15 minutes because I'm well aware how scummy it is to be this indecisive and have this many town leans.... so l ets break 'em down. Again, this is from memory. I did not leave this post preview while typing this. sorry if anything is wrong.
This honestly feels like scum!Eddie.. :igmeou:
In post 1787, Eddie Cane wrote:I would probably scumread the above post because I barely took any stances, but like, this game is hard lol...........
I'm not editing the above I wrote :lol: At least we know Eddie is aware of it.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”