Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Even though I just moved off Marquis onto tchill?

This is the second time you've accused me of bussing without anything to go on
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 649, Llamarble wrote:Yeah. Kinda does.
Marquis -> Town enough to probably not bother lynching today
Dunnstral -> Actual lynch candidates
What has you thinking Marquise has done ANYTHING that they couldn't easily fake as Scum?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:15 am

Post by Llamarble »

Mm, in the picture in my head they are town at least somewhat.
Why does this upset you?

We actually don't have much time left. I hope I can chunk time in tomorrow (30th) to try for a final solve. 3/15 is so hard :(
My subconscious is really concerned about Postie.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:30 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 422, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 331, Postie wrote:
In post 256, Gamma Emerald wrote:I literally unvoted the second I realized my mistake. And the reason I thought there was a wagon there was I remembered votes on someone Llalmarble suspected, and knew some people were suspecting Marquis, so I thought the votes were on her. I get that there is some scumminess to what I did, but I didn't just votepark, I actually thought I had a point. And I've asked other questions and made other reads, so what I'm seeing here is you boiling down my content to one misguided push.
You can see the focus here is on explaining how he believes his actions differ to how you presented them - he's saying he thinks you were misrepping him.
In post 262, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 257, Thestatusquo wrote:Alright guys, got our first.
Wanna actually address my issues with you rather than say "got our first"? Or do you just want to throw shade?
In post 264, Gamma Emerald wrote:So this is based on how you play then? That's alright but not everyone plays the same, so that's not a perfect method of reading people.
Then he continues to engage you, as a follow-up to his vote. From these comments I get the vibe he's not exactly 100% on his vote and is looking to get more information out of you to develop his read.

Looks pretty natural to me.
In post 332, Postie wrote:
In post 256, Gamma Emerald wrote:I
literally
unvoted
the second
I realized my mistake. And the reason I thought there was a wagon there was I remembered votes on someone Llalmarble suspected, and knew some people were suspecting Marquis, so I thought the votes were on her.
I get that there is some scumminess to what I did, but I didn't just
votepark, I actually thought I had a point. And I've asked other questions and made other reads, so what I'm seeing here is you boiling down my content to one misguided push.
I think you can also very much see the frustration bleeding through here as he's trying to explain.
OK TSQ this does look townie.
You don't think Postie is white knighting for Gamma here? Reminds me of me WNing for Ellieheathen in some game ages ago that isn't worth looking up.

Raagghhh I want to solve this
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 am

Post by Llamarble »

UNVOTE: tchill
Might be temporary unvote. Note toself remembertherepbreakdown
Meow
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 652, Llamarble wrote:Mm, in the picture in my head they are town at least somewhat.
Why does this upset you?

We actually don't have much time left. I hope I can chunk time in tomorrow (30th) to try for a final solve. 3/15 is so hard :(
My subconscious is really concerned about Postie.
You don't need a fully accurate 3/15, just 2/15
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

btw TChill review is in progress
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:53 am

Post by Llamarble »

I don't care about that I just want to lynch correctly D1 before I go poof.
Eddie feels sorta lynchbaity; wking for gamma then pushing eddie feels like how I would play this as scum, but Postie has done a good job on word choices and stuff at a few points idk
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 654, Llamarble wrote:UNVOTE: tchill
Might be temporary unvote. Note toself remembertherepbreakdown
Meow
:/

don't like this post. at all.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 1.21

northsidegal(1)
~
Marquis(1)
~
Llamarble(1)
~
LicketyQuickety(1)
~
Gamma Emerald(1)
~
EddieFenix(1)
~
Davsto(1)
~
Cogito Ergo Sum(1)
~

Not Voting (3): , ,

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-04 21:00:00)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

That's a very bleh vote count. Tchill doesn't feel much better than a random lynch to me.
In post 637, EddieFenix wrote:Because I originally was voting GE, after a back and forth, I unvoted them. I'm also waiting for fresh blood/meat to get in here to sort some of those damn null spots I have in my reads. Marathon, CES.
Even in a marathon standing still is not very helpful. Pressuring people is pro-town, so why aren't you doing it? Why don't you make like your new avatar and go face?
In post 652, Llamarble wrote:My subconscious is really concerned about Postie.
What do you think of ? Relevant context: none of those questions have received answers.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 660, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:That's a very bleh vote count. Tchill doesn't feel much better than a random lynch to me.
Please explain. In great detail.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:43 am

I assume you're asking about the second sentence since the VC should be self-evidently bad with the votes spread across 9 different people.

With Tchill, I see like 2 things that feel definitely scummy to me (the faux catch-up at the start, ), some big picture "lack of scumhunting"-scumminess but then you also have his off-the-wall theory about Postie being coached (especially in the context of him disavowing team mafia-based theories) which is a nice town tell. It looks to me like a wagon driven by relatively crude heuristics.

Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Postie »

In post 653, Llamarble wrote:white knighting
Oh goody another for my collection
In post 250, RachMarie wrote:Postie feels like she is WKing SS and that makes my scumdar ping something fierce
In post 540, shannon wrote:the way you (Postie) came in to rescue Wyvern really got my heckles up
In post 843, GuiltyLion wrote:you were townreading my scumread in such a way that I figured either you were partners or you were WKing a scummy-looking town slot
In post 1023, RadiantCowbells wrote:No offense but simoyd/postie is really obvious now [...] based on Postie's case [for town!Simoyd] which makes absolutely no sense and would never trump his current inconsistencies
In post 777, CatDog wrote:postie is defending RC to the grave, and this comes off as if she KNOWS Rc is town
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Llamarble »

Postie:
In the first link you self meta a bit mentioning you're prone to "can you" questions as scum
You have 3 can yous in this game.
Do you really think Eddie is scum? I may be falling for 'too scummy to be scum' here, idk.
Like, yeah, he is not performing the basic functions of a town, but is that because he's scum? Not sure.
Like I was saying before, I mostly like your tone Postie but I do think you're playing this game like I would as scum. Starting pretty strong, then slowing down a bit and the followup content is defending an unpopular (but fairly obvious because indignant?) townread and giving a scumread on someone who isn't living up to what they should be doing (this was your reason for LQscummy earlier too).
What fraction of your team mafia time is going into this game?

I kinda agree with CES; Tchill got an independent read, and then repeated (that's what my note to self is about) his same idea after not much attention was paid to it.
I also agreed with him about the Postie thing he didn't like, which I think of as being breakdowny, for lack of a better term.
I think An ISO could be worse, though I won't call him town or anything.
Some of my Tchill vote was "there's a latent wagon on this guy; what will happen if I vote him?" The read was admittedly a little stale even when I went on.
Dunnstral and LQ are the serious possibilities for scum voting TChill.

I'm hoping some scumteam drawn from Dunnstral LQ AD, possibly CES could work.
If not I'll soon hit the "I have significant reservations about every lynch" point and be sad.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:35 am

Unvote, vote: Postie

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm going to hard no sir a postie lynch today.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Sauce »

Aaaand our only scum slot is dead. I can tell you why I requested the swtch now and how the role distribution came about.

I didn't want to take it at first because I didn't have any theme nor scum game experience on this site, but I had lost two games as town.
Nevertheless the main reason for it was because I didn't want our most experienced team member Almost50 to take it, and be distracted by the role madness and scum chat. Our primary directive was to be scumhunting and I figured we needed him never to abandon that mindset throughout the course of the tournament.

Toranaga wanted a town role and said Cheeky would be good as scum, but the only reason in favor of placing her there that she invoked was that nobody would expect it, so I spoke out against that course of action, because a 1 to 4 scum to town role ratio does not warrant our strategy to be rooted in deception.

When I sent in the PM to Ellibereth (late) everyone seemed to be content about their games except me. I still wanted the open game but I wouldn't have requested the switch if Alisae hadn't ignored my request to edit the scum PT, and hadn't simply referred me to the OP after I had asked him specific role-related questions.
This coupled with the fact that I was slightly irritated by momo's aggressive claiming of the open game sums up the reasons for the switch.
We now have absolutely no reason to lie to anyone regarding anything related to the championship, except who his partners are.
Show
Sit back. Don't chase it, this moment; don't waste it - aooh
BBcode-lobbying for infinite spoiler- & floatception,
youtube timeline teleportation support and cloaked
anchorage, visible only when raw - quoted or PMed.

Drunknoodles: btw haven't read a single sauce postethauce: I usually start to, and then I realize
I don't hate myself that much, so I stop.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Sauce »

Almost had marked Lycan and Dunn for scum in our drinking game (and correctly predicted mastina would flip scum btw), but that was prior to lycan's wallpost I believe so I'll wait for an update on that.

I'm not going to vote Postie. Maybe if I wouldn't be in the same situation as her, having announced a strong townread on someone yet not sheeping the townread onto a larger wagon, I'd consider it scummy, especially with the obvtown characteristic apparently outshining her scummy ones.
Show

Drunknoodles: btw haven't read a single sauce postethauce: I usually start to, and then I realize
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:20 am

Post by Sauce »

But I do want her to explain why she's not voting for Tchill or at least doing something to find more alignment indicative content than chilling on EddieFenix, especially now that Mastina flipped scum and would have more time to help him if he's town.
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 663, Postie wrote:
In post 653, Llamarble wrote:white knighting
Oh goody another for my collection
In post 250, RachMarie wrote:Postie feels like she is WKing SS and that makes my scumdar ping something fierce
In post 540, shannon wrote:the way you (Postie) came in to rescue Wyvern really got my heckles up
In post 843, GuiltyLion wrote:you were townreading my scumread in such a way that I figured either you were partners or you were WKing a scummy-looking town slot
In post 1023, RadiantCowbells wrote:No offense but simoyd/postie is really obvious now [...] based on Postie's case [for town!Simoyd] which makes absolutely no sense and would never trump his current inconsistencies
In post 777, CatDog wrote:postie is defending RC to the grave, and this comes off as if she KNOWS Rc is town
What's the point of this
<Embrace The Void>

Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Sauce »

5 out of 6 posts davsto made are devoid of content, btw. Withholding his vote until he's supposedly read the whole thread doesn't look good, especially when he townreads Liquety too and has no apparent reason not to sheep him onto Tchill.
Show

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:26 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yes, currently we have 11/15 players (including yourself!) not voting for someone useful. It's about that time of the day where you should start lobbying for your preferred kill and not just sitting back vote parking someone while doing nothing to advance the game. If you think I should be voting llamarble, sauce, convince me. Although, I would prefer you pick someone else because I am pretty firmly convinced he's town.

I want to lynch in {tchill, LQ} today. There are some number of people I'd be willing to switch to at DL.

Under no circumstances am I voting for {sauce, postie, Llamarble, lycanfire}
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Sauce »

I would vote for Gamma if only to make his giant quotes + onelining stop, then again scum would probably refrain from being this annoying but that's wifom.
@TSQ why are you townreading me?
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 669, Sauce wrote:But I do want her to explain why she's not voting for Tchill or at least doing something to find more alignment indicative content than chilling on EddieFenix,
especially now that Mastina flipped scum and would have more time to help him if he's town.
I feel like the meaning of this is a bit muddled, pls help
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”