Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:11 pm

Post by Katyusha »

I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
In post 3219, Katyusha wrote:
In post 3217, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'm ready to lynch sheep now. This discourse is not gonna get any more intelligent.
BUT WAIT

Math! Let's talk!

Two really important questions:
  • Why does scum!n_m react to firebringer's claim the way he did? This isn't like me doubting he can be scum moreso this is a Thought I had and want to see how a scum!confirmed!basically perspective sees it

• Why did you give up on your scumread on me? If you're town, you should probably know that "Oh if you're scum then we just lose" isn't a good mindset, I believe I'm still mechanically possible scum, so I'd like to hear your trajectory as to why you haven't considered me at all
Hop, feel free to answer the first bullet.

Sheep, give me ideas for your hammer. It needs to be inspired.
Firebringer wrote:We can start talking about astrophysics
please no im so done with astronomy
since i forgot to quote this to make sure it doesnt get lost uwu
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

she was looking kind of dumb
with her finger and her thumb
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Will respond shortly
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Katyusha »

i dont think those are the lyrics dino
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

damn that song got a grammy nomination
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 3219, Katyusha wrote:Why does scum!n_m react to firebringer's claim the way he did? This isn't like me doubting he can be scum moreso this is a Thought I had and want to see how a scum!confirmed!basically perspective sees it
I remember Fire's claim (IIRC it was cop inno on N_M) but I don't remember people's reactions to it. By that point some important other games had started and I'd honestly lost hope for this game and for being able to replace into it.

I'll go check that out, will get back to you in next post.

I mean more fundamentally if N_M is town that forces Firebringer to be scum which is all kinds of ick. So in going and doing this, I'm gonna be trying to convince you while being affected by knowing N_M is scum for sure. I'm guessing N_M had some super genuine reaction or some shit. I'd recommend reading Marked For Death Day 2 to see N_M fake town-reaction-tests as scum and getting away with it and pretending it helped him scumhunt. He's not an idiot.
In post 3219, Katyusha wrote:Why did you give up on your scumread on me? If you're town, you should probably know that "Oh if you're scum then we just lose" isn't a good mindset, I believe I'm still mechanically possible scum, so I'd like to hear your trajectory as to why you haven't considered me at all
Was a lazy guess. I don't actually remember why I was scumreading you; NSG asked me to pick a team and i was like "ok fuck what teams are even consistent at this point" because sheep's initial MyLo behaviour struck me as pretty town. So I was like "okay sheep is town, HEM is town, one of hopkirk/flubber is town, and N_M and fire are probably just being N_M and fire, so by PoE it's lurksack Rem, LAMIST katy, and one of hopkirk/flubber".

I wasn't actually scumreading you but I saw your name thrown around a couple times before I joined up so that was my attempt to blindly pin the tail on the scumteam.

When I actually joined up I started reading shit and I stopped seeing any sense of you being scum by your own content or by sheep's content. And I figured because that's basically town consensus, there's no point in me writing a town-case for you when no one is thinking about voting you anyway. Flubber and Fire were (later on) more necessary towncases to write.

brb reading
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

bois let's break the record for longest mini normal game
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

holy fuck this game is a lot of my post count
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i want to just be your friendly kid that plays mafia with you and doesnt clog the thread but youre trying to find scum and it's annoying
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Also just a note, it looks like you're already pretty set on Mathscum; obviously defending myself is a secondary consideration and a lower priority than spotlighting the scumteam, but I haven't actually seen why, or whether it's based on Rem's ISO, Rem's interactions with sheep, or has to do with my behaviour since replacing in.

So if paranoia of my slot is what's gonna prevent you from seeing the scumteam regardless of what I argue, we should probably address it. Or if we can't address it, I'd rather be lynched right now than in at least 5 real life days knowing that whomever left is probably going to default to "Oh it's just N_M being N_M" which is honestly pretty frustrating/irritating because I've specifically lost a game due to that argument.

tl;dr if you're gonna kill me anyway, kill me now, but otherwise talk about why you wanna kill me while i go work on d3
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Mathdino »

dear diary: i'm really not seeing what katy's talking about but i'm picking up N_M quotes and hopefully i'll see what she means further down
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

one
dont pick up the phone
you know he's only calling cause he's drunk and alone
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

two
dont let him in
you have to kick him out again
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

three
dont be his friend
you know youre gonna [redacted]
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

ahh yeah i was wondering when you started that if you only knew the radio censored version

ofc ofc
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

gonna what?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

boi i listened to a shit ton of cupcakke songs last weekend
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

this isnt smth to be bragging abt oops
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

gonna what?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 3260, Mathdino wrote:Also just a note, it looks like you're already pretty set on Mathscum; obviously defending myself is a secondary consideration and a lower priority than spotlighting the scumteam, but I haven't actually seen why, or whether it's based on Rem's ISO, Rem's interactions with sheep, or has to do with my behaviour since replacing in.

So if paranoia of my slot is what's gonna prevent you from seeing the scumteam regardless of what I argue, we should probably address it. Or if we can't address it, I'd rather be lynched right now than in at least 5 real life days knowing that whomever left is probably going to default to "Oh it's just N_M being N_M" which is honestly pretty frustrating/irritating because I've specifically lost a game due to that argument.

tl;dr if you're gonna kill me anyway, kill me now, but otherwise talk about why you wanna kill me while i go work on d3
I'm like 55% you 45% n_m so it's hardly the right call to do that - there are actually a lot of points were I can see n_m as scum and looking back they definitely raised a few eyebrows, it's just that one interaction felt kind of genuine to me. same with rem's D1 to some extent (some parts i really don't like, some parts I do like). i feel like articulating the exact points doesn't help us just yet since i'm not focusing on convincing another townie and i'm more focused on reading you and i dont want knowledge of why i feel a specific way besides what i've said to impact how you play around me if that makes sense

the interaction i'm asking you to look at is basically what's making me question you!town.

it's not a lost battle for either side. unless hopkirk is town lol
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by Mathdino »

So I'm not sure what I expected katy but I guess I expected more than this?

I'm shooting in the dark as to why you think this forces N_M-town but I'll just go through this first and then see if you've actually made the argument in your ISO.

Fire claims innocent on Not_Mafia. N_M-scum knows Fire is full of shit as usual. Obviously N_M-scum can't just be like SURPRISE BITCH I REALLY AM SCUM YOU LIAR.
In post 2130, Not_Mafia wrote:
@mod How would a Universal Back-Up resolve if two PRs died in the same night?
So he asks the question that potentially exposes Fire as lying regardless of N_M's alignment
In post 2131, Not_Mafia wrote:And I'm town regardless of Fire's alignment
preps himself for the "DAE FIRE AND N_M SCUM?!?!" argument
In post 2141, Firebringer wrote:First time ever that a mod has called me out on a gambit.
In post 2142, Not_Mafia wrote:lulz, why didn't you ask?
In post 2143, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Firebringer
Pounces on him for the lie
In post 2146, Firebringer wrote:Lol I am actually Town
In post 2147, Not_Mafia wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 2152, Not_Mafia wrote:Why gambit like this in MyLo?
And then backs off for no reason?

Forcing this 1v1 early is bad for N_M cuz he can frame it as Rem being scum instead. But he's clearly setting up Fire to have low cred going in.

I'm benefited by having seen N_M extremely believably fake reactions to things. That said, I think as town he'd just accept Firebringer's inno, because like Fire said somewhere, "Why fake an inno instead of a guilty?" Instead N_M set up Firebringer to get discredited, implying he knew Fire was full of shit from the onset.

standard confbias disclaimer here
now ISOing you for why you buy into this
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3271, Mathdino wrote:So I'm not sure what I expected katy but I guess I expected more than this?

I'm shooting in the dark as to why you think this forces N_M-town but I'll just go through this first and then see if you've actually made the argument in your ISO.

Fire claims innocent on Not_Mafia. N_M-scum knows Fire is full of shit as usual. Obviously N_M-scum can't just be like SURPRISE BITCH I REALLY AM SCUM YOU LIAR.
In post 2130, Not_Mafia wrote:
@mod How would a Universal Back-Up resolve if two PRs died in the same night?
So he asks the question that potentially exposes Fire as lying regardless of N_M's alignment
In post 2131, Not_Mafia wrote:And I'm town regardless of Fire's alignment
preps himself for the "DAE FIRE AND N_M SCUM?!?!" argument
In post 2141, Firebringer wrote:First time ever that a mod has called me out on a gambit.
In post 2142, Not_Mafia wrote:lulz, why didn't you ask?
In post 2143, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Firebringer
Pounces on him for the lie
In post 2146, Firebringer wrote:Lol I am actually Town
In post 2147, Not_Mafia wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 2152, Not_Mafia wrote:Why gambit like this in MyLo?
And then backs off for no reason?

Forcing this 1v1 early is bad for N_M cuz he can frame it as Rem being scum instead. But he's clearly setting up Fire to have low cred going in.

I'm benefited by having seen N_M extremely believably fake reactions to things. That said, I think as town he'd just accept Firebringer's inno, because like Fire said somewhere, "Why fake an inno instead of a guilty?" Instead N_M set up Firebringer to get discredited, implying he knew Fire was full of shit from the onset.

standard confbias disclaimer here
now ISOing you for why you buy into this
Woeful post
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 3270, Katyusha wrote:it's just that one interaction felt kind of genuine to me. same with rem's D1 to some extent (some parts i really don't like, some parts I do like). i feel like articulating the exact points doesn't help us just yet since i'm not focusing on convincing another townie and i'm more focused on reading you and i dont want knowledge of why i feel a specific way besides what i've said to impact how you play around me if that makes sense
Yeah okay you really need to rifle through this game.

Marked For Death is a setup where every night instead of killing, scum turn a VT into a named townie set to die at the end of the day. The VT is informed but no one else is.

I was marked and N_M claimed marked after we were all setting him up for a lynch that day. I went with it to get reactions out of people, and N_M revealed the "gambit" before I did. Being marked confirms you as town (scum have to mark every night) but the way N_M went about it sold everyone on it being town-motivated. Which I'm not sure is what he intended (I forget what he said in the scum PT) but point stands.

N_M-scum has a larger range than you think. And he adapts himself to the playerlist at hand.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”