Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2346, Eddie Cane wrote:
{Cheet, Ginngie, Toranaga, Patrick}
{KMD, Fire, Chara, Implosion}

{Kagami, Mulch} - contains 1 scum. Only 1 scum. I mean, if both flip town Spiffeh is probably scum, but I consider both flipping town about as likely as I expect Transcend to make a Mastina length post. I will consider the other conftown upon a scumflip - not theatre. I know you want me to say I'm 100% on it being Mulch, but honestly it's more like 70% and now that the slot isn't Mulch I /am/ willing to hear the replacement out if we really want to wait - keep in mind deadline is in 6 days, after a replacement joins it'll likely be 5 and they probably won't be caught up so :/

{Cabd, Ari} Friendly Neighbour claim = town. Otherwise... I can see this slot being scum. Not as tunnelled on that as a lot of ya'll are, but honestly I don't actually want a claim from them today atp because I won't be voting them most likely and the wifom is better. The latter has no good real life excuse to not be caught up as far as I'm aware, and if we didn't get to see our pms before picking I would consider Ari lock scum here most likely on mostly meta partly uselessness and lighthearted prodging. I just have no clue how scum justified Ari picking the scum PM on a team with I think 4 people who could take it other than them and do better if Ari was going to be this useless, trying to wrap my head around that before ocmmitting on a scumread there.

{Spiffeh, Una} Waffle a lot on these. The former def. townier. The latter I want Boon to catch up, tell them to knock the shit off (love you Una <3), and once Boon is caught up I'll be able to ask Boon some questions and Boon should be able to keep Una in check. Yknow, you guys don't know this most likely but Una is pretty smart, just a paranoid motherfucker who doesn't know how to not be lynchbait. This does resemble their scum game in WR mafia to me a little bit from memory and less like their towngame from Penguin mafia, but similarish to the apartment too. Dunno. I call the slot scum for now, but not strongly.
does anybody actually disagree with this poe? to be clear, this proposes a scum pool of {Kagami/Mulch, Cabd, Ari, Spiffeh, Una}, spiffeh being the least likely.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I'm town reading everyone in your town pool except for Toranaga and kind of Patrick so I think it's a good place to be reads-wise right now
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

we've been going back and forth for a while now, but the only names for scum i've seen thrown out are the same ones over and over, namely the 6 there. Fire and Cheet had their spat, Toranaga is dropped down a tier from the time I've posted honestly because he's been really idle, but like, this just feels like we are cycling back and forth. This day is dragging, yes we are techncially waiting on Cabd/Assemble/Ari but like they've had their time, Cabd is supposedly at least somewhat caught up because he replied to that Mulch post and just never posted a catchup, Ari is somewhat caught up because he's been prodging about catching up for what 40 pages now, and Assemble is probably caught up because he reads 20 pages every 5 minutes. We can finally lynch Mulch or you can ignore me and lynch Kagami, but this is getting tedious and we are working our way towards an apathetic deadline lynch.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Kagami »

Have you been reading everywhere spiff?

Tora is an interesting slot, and I'd say pretty firmly town.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Kagami »

I would recommend polling teammates with regard to team Sauciety.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Spiffeh »

These things have been brought to my attention which is why I haven't pushed him much since

I'm still not FULLY town reading him based on play though
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2526, Spiffeh wrote:I'm town reading everyone in your town pool except for Toranaga and kind of Patrick so I think it's a good place to be reads-wise right now
I only town read Patrick that strongly because A) Up until very recently he hasn't done anything at all I suspect, and while his activity is rather sparse and this is a game with a lot of townie people B) I believe him about never picking scum, though if I have time I /might/ see if I can find any old games to corroborate that. Toranaga apparently never picks scum, and I think they have at least a little scum equity from a scum mulch flip but less than if they kept tunnelling town!mulch and mulch then flipped scum.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2399, Patrick wrote:
In post 2396, Kagami wrote:Patrick, katsuki says you've clearly senile and should just trust us on mulch-scum.
I appreciate Katsuki chiming in with this.

If forced to pick between you and Mulch (replacement), I'd probably vote for Mulch, but am not really comfortable with the idea that that one of you has to be scum, which seems to be gaining a fair bit of support. What's your current read on Spiffeh?
In post 2401, Patrick wrote:Like for example this:
In post 2300, Firebringer wrote:Reads rn

Town
Eddie Cane, Mulch, Chara
Spiffeh, Toranaga, Ginngie
Kmd43
Null

Patrick, implosion, Unabomeh
Scum lean
Aristophanes, Cabd
Scum
Cheetory, Kagami
Combined with this:
In post 2305, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2304, Eddie Cane wrote:Do you agree if Kagami is town then Mulch slot is scum?
Yeah I said that the other day
Makes very little sense to me. It implies a level of certainty in Kagami being scum that I don't see how someone could have on day 1, such that a Kagami town-flip would bring Mulch right down to the bottom of the list, despite being a current strong town-read. It's not the only example, I think both Ginggie and Eddie have said that there is 1 scum among Kagami/Mulch, maybe someone else has as well. Why is that so likely to be true?
This kinda had me doubty (because its asking someone to explain why something is TvS which is a very gut / dumb concept (yes I use it yes I'm a hypocrite), but I chop that up to out-of-date, kind of like how your grandparents probably can't take a picture on a smartphone.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 73

Baby I'm aiming at you tonight
I just hope you're scum this time
'Cause you're terrible, terrible
You're terrible-ble
Maybe you think it's town to lie
I don't care, you have to die
'Cause you're terrible, terrible
You're terrible-ble
-[
Animals,
Maroon 5
]
5 Assemblerotws (Kagami, Eddie Cane, Toranaga, Spiffeh, Cheetory6)
4 Kagami (Kmd4390, Firebringer, Aristophanes, Assemblerotws)
1 Spiffeh (Patrick)

5 Unvote (Cabd, Chara, Ginngie, implosion, UnaBombaH)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2519, Spiffeh wrote:Ginger are you still scum reading Kagami? If so, would prefer to lynch them over Assemble today?
what''s your experience with Kagami? If nothing, I've heard the scum case for him, so its irrelevant, just curios if this is a partially meta based decision because I'm a newer player and you both played primarily before my time.
In post 2528, Kagami wrote:Have you been reading everywhere spiff?

Tora is an interesting slot, and I'd say pretty firmly town.
and well he's doing that, want to town case Tor for me :D
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:45 am

Post by Kagami »

Play is uninspiring, but I don't know what I should expect.

Tor probably town regardless; my thinking is related to their team's involuntary player-swap.

If I'm wrong, it's on the FireBringer front. It's super weird that assemble would come in with his first read being a townread on FB for GS claim if they're scum together.

On the other hand, FB has played enough games with me that pushing me as scum doesn't make a lot of sense. I lynch scum D1 and get killed N1/2 pretty much every game we've been in together, so why does he push a slot that just sorts itself out? Why the disrespect on my reads beyond that on himself? He shouldn't expect me to give reasons or make cases or whatever else other people seem to imagine will happen, so I don't get it.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

... I don't see how Momo and Sauce swapping has any bearing here.

FireBringer is where I see my blind spot, but more because RC picking scum wifom etc etc no reason to want to push them yet. If Ari/Cabd/Una/Spiff sort themselves out, they will probably be a place I look first.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2508, Eddie Cane wrote:tora can be town I /guess/ but torn up was far more townie in our hydra blitz and cheekys posts were the ones that gave us a bit of doubt do I don't think that can be chalked up to a hydra, cheet and chara you were there too if you want to comment on that. slots probably still town ish though, I really need them to commit to a stance on mulch.
i was only able to locktown Toranaga after seeing his thinking, and while i disagreed with a lot of Cheeky's conclusions i found her seeming very genuine.

i think it's a matter of Toranaga having time to show he's town, which i'm sure he can do once that happens. i do agree he's different than the hydra blitz, but it could be chalked up to lower engagement/time. if it continues, i could indicate something, but right now i wouldn't say so. i haven't given him a read in a while, but still town.

a little surprised by what appears to be the number of townreads on me. usually they tend to wane as i engage less with the game. but considering who they're from i'm not especially concerned.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2512, Eddie Cane wrote:assemble invented a read on fire, dunno why that hasn't gotten more attn -_-
it got attention from me. i'm reengaging myself now and barring something that changes my mind i'm happy lynching Assemble. i'd like to see him back in the thread, first.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Cabd »

I'm here now, sorry.

Had to totally bomb an interview first~
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2514, Kagami wrote:I think this game is probably as simple as mulch-slot, unabombah, and I'd guess Firebringer.
i don't.... like this list. i'm trying to figure out why. is it the earliness? Firebringer's inclusion? even though i understand why players aren't townreading Firebringer. or the way Kagami said it.

it's possible i'm gut-scumreading the way Kagami presents themself.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2516, Ginngie wrote:
In post 2514, Kagami wrote:Ginngie's scumlist of 5 players probably has exactly one scum in it, making it slightly worse than chance. I stand by my team's opinion that Ginngie doesn't take scum unless they got 3+ scum PMs and his pants are simply planted quite firmly upon his head, but that is something not to worry about until later.
I'm going to say Ginngie's reads are shit

I'm going to say I think Ginngie is town and that is my team's consensus

I'm not going to say why Ginngie is wrong

I'm not going to say why Ginngie shouldn't be townreading certain slots

I'm not going to ask Ginngie for their opinions

I'm not going to try and work with a townread to help solve the game

I'm townreading a slot while also discrediting them at the same time.

Ginngie sits here like: oh okay thats cool too
oh also, this.

i had Ginngie town because her thoughts have been right there with mine and she's maintained that. still happy with it, don't know her scum meta at all.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:59 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2517, Kagami wrote:Reread the game and realized una was scum, then I reread you, FB, implosion, chara, kmd, and ginngie and came to the above conclusions.

Cabd could very easily be scummo #3, but that should sort itself out.
oh, tell me about why i'm town. it might endear me to you.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2539, Cabd wrote:I'm here now, sorry.

i'm sorry, Cabd. no need to apologize. real life trumps mafia every time.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2541, Chara wrote:
In post 2516, Ginngie wrote:
In post 2514, Kagami wrote:Ginngie's scumlist of 5 players probably has exactly one scum in it, making it slightly worse than chance. I stand by my team's opinion that Ginngie doesn't take scum unless they got 3+ scum PMs and his pants are simply planted quite firmly upon his head, but that is something not to worry about until later.
I'm going to say Ginngie's reads are shit

I'm going to say I think Ginngie is town and that is my team's consensus

I'm not going to say why Ginngie is wrong

I'm not going to say why Ginngie shouldn't be townreading certain slots

I'm not going to ask Ginngie for their opinions

I'm not going to try and work with a townread to help solve the game

I'm townreading a slot while also discrediting them at the same time.

Ginngie sits here like: oh okay thats cool too
oh also, this.

i had Ginngie town because her thoughts have been right there with mine and she's maintained that. still happy with it, don't know her scum meta at all.
ginngie is not really a meta read for me even if i have presented it that way a bit.
In post 2539, Cabd wrote:I'm here now, sorry.

wb, bombing interviews is always a blast. mulch is gone now if you missed that.
In post 2540, Chara wrote:
In post 2514, Kagami wrote:I think this game is probably as simple as mulch-slot, unabombah, and I'd guess Firebringer.
i don't.... like this list. i'm trying to figure out why. is it the earliness? Firebringer's inclusion? even though i understand why players aren't townreading Firebringer. or the way Kagami said it.

it's possible i'm gut-scumreading the way Kagami presents themself.
i mean, they're really putting themselves into a bad position if mulch slot flips town. i don't see the scum motivation for playing the way they are, mulch isn't a player you need to throw a slot away to mislynch.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Chara »

Eddie: that's true.
is Kagami's position on Mulch not recoverable if the slot flips town? i confess i may have missed how we got into the "one of them has to be scum" mentality to begin with, but around the middle of the day i did miss some events as they unfolded.
could it have been unintentional on Kagami's part, with Mulch as a safe logical push due to his likelihood of hitting scum?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

we got into the one must be scum mentality when I started pushing it, I'm like 80% sure I pushed it first and I still stand by it confidently. the thing is, almost all he has done this game is push mulch, i suppose it may not have originally been thought of as not recoverable but at this point i'd like to think it is. it doesn't help i suppose that i wholeheartedly agree with the push and at the time it would've been much easier to pile on transcend rather than push mulch - i'm pretty sure he was the first person after us to really push scum mulch. don't even wanna call it WKing the way he did it.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:19 am

Post by Kagami »

It's not just that chara, there are a laundry list of things I don't like about mulch-slot, it's just an unfortunate nature of the site that expressing a scumread due to an ensemble of signals is counterproductive to lynching someone.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Kagami »

I admit to being fearful that mulch-slot is town, but I think it's improbable that I'm willing to bet the game on it.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Kagami »

improbable enough*

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”