Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 74

Ladies, time to move your votes
The count is scattered and nobody's even close
And all you fellas find your wagons some friends
'Cause it's 11:30 and the deadline's coming, coming
-[
Jumpin Jumpin,
Destiny's Child
]
5 Assemblerotws (Kagami, Eddie Cane, Toranaga, Spiffeh, Cheetory6)
4 Kagami (Kmd4390, Firebringer, Aristophanes, Assemblerotws)
1 Spiffeh (Patrick)

5 Unvote (Cabd, Chara, Ginngie, implosion, UnaBombaH)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2547, Kagami wrote:It's not just that chara, there are a laundry list of things I don't like about mulch-slot, it's just an unfortunate nature of the site that expressing a scumread due to an ensemble of signals is counterproductive to lynching someone.
i know that, what i meant was that you had plenty of good reasons to scumread Mulch, so scum Kagami choosing to do so and flip town Mulch wasn't out of the realm of possibility.
it also means you aren't lockscum on his townflip. i'm taking a look at everything now and bringing my reads up to date.

i also asked why you were townreading me. it's helpful to me, promise.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:29 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

i mean, there's also the fact that he's just not going to flip town :C
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Chara »

well yes, that would be the best outcome! i'm currently inclined to agree.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Kagami »

@chara:

The short answer is that when I reread the game in Chara-shoes and imagine early on that I don't see anything towny in Transcend-slot, everything makes a lot of sense. While it seems weird, I also like that mulch goes from townish to being votable over myself in a fairly short space, which has basically no scum-motivation and reflects a legitimately ambivalent perspective that's consistent with your other reads list.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Chara »

interesting, thank you.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:35 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Yea, I'm fine with this day sliding to it's end now.
Fine with an assemble-lynch, fine with a Kagami-lynch.
I feel like I might actually need a flip before I can produce anything reasonable by myself anymore.. :?
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

una; has boon read the game, and if not did you at least tell him my request ; what was his reply if so. paraphrase obviously.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:37 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 2514, Kagami wrote:I think this game is probably as simple as mulch-slot, unabombah, and I'd guess Firebringer.
Me and assemble? Why is that? :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 2557, Eddie Cane wrote:una; has boon read the game, and if not did you at least tell him my request ; what was his reply if so. paraphrase obviously.
AFAIK he isn't up to speed. :?
I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say, so I won't say anything exact yet, but let's just say that one member of our team has been so occupied with IRL, that it has moved priority focus from our whole team there.

If/when he has time, I'm sure he will give his words on you.
But I don't think you need his "input" to sort me, and his input will not lock you as town to me either. :]
I'll need to arrive to that conclusion myself.

I've actually been planning to re-read your posts from The Apartment during this games night.
Maybe I can actually use that to sort you more confidently, who knows.
And when it comes to me - I'm REALLY going to be an obv.townie D2/D3. (No need to jump to conclusions - I'm not claiming to have any power as of now :lol: )
I'm always feeling better and more comfortable as the game progresses.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I don't want him to help me sort you, that wouldn't help me period. I want him to help me sort mulch, and to help YOU sort ME as a secondary effect. You are allowed to say if a member of your team is busy, Tchill is being replaced that's public knowledge (viewtopic.php?p=9921831#p9921831) & you could say if another member was busy.

But, you didn't answer if you told him my request 30-40 pages ago when I asked you to, and the second time I did. Also, go read the apartment if you want, it's a waste of time but if you have nothing better to do :shrug:.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Eddie wrote: i mean, they're really putting themselves into a bad position if mulch slot flips town. i don't see the scum motivation for playing the way they are, mulch isn't a player you need to throw a slot away to mislynch.
Eddie wrote: we got into the one must be scum mentality when I started pushing it, I'm like 80% sure I pushed it first and I still stand by it confidently
I'm not sure how you can believe both of these things. Like if assemble is lynched today and flips town, do you just stop believing the first quote and push Kagami anyway or...? What am I missing here?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:57 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

No need to be annoyed with me, doesn't change anything. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2561, Kmd4390 wrote:
Eddie wrote: i mean, they're really putting themselves into a bad position if mulch slot flips town. i don't see the scum motivation for playing the way they are, mulch isn't a player you need to throw a slot away to mislynch.
Eddie wrote: we got into the one must be scum mentality when I started pushing it, I'm like 80% sure I pushed it first and I still stand by it confidently
I'm not sure how you can believe both of these things. Like if assemble is lynched today and flips town, do you just stop believing the first quote and push Kagami anyway or...? What am I missing here?
i don't scumread kagami. i've already explained why mulch being town likely makes him scum as best i can past fire's gut thing which is true. town!mulch and town!kagami means mulch was hard tunnelled by two strong townies and we couldn't get the lynch through for 50+ pages, with scum defending mulch the whole time. remember, up until very recently nobody has pushed mulch at all outside of myself and kagami, even getting votes has been pulling teeth up until my last case and his subsequent blowup. wasn't it literally just myself and kagami before that? and meanwhile, no other wagons are starting at all.... except kagami? so scum spent that entire time pushing kagami and WKing a wagon that wasn't happening? and, there's also that mulch despite his many, many flaws is pretty good at reading people (and in this hypothetical town mulch world demonstrated so by putting me as his hardest TR despite me pushing him and his flaming of my character and me as a person) and still had kagami as scum; this would require him also being wrong on that front. additionally, with a town mulch kagami's iso has literally just been tunnelling town and since his entire team "agrees" with the read (i know i'm being hypocritical here) that would be very unlikely. finally, almost everyone else in this game is so damn townie and nobody has disagreed with my poe yet.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2562, UnaBombaH wrote:No need to be annoyed with me, doesn't change anything. :]
why are you refusing to answer my simple ass question

did you forward my requset to boon to your pt or not

final time i'm answering or after mulch flips i'm vote parking you tomorrow.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:07 am

Post by implosion »

Chara feels a bit less generically sketchy as time goes on.

I still hate like all of Kagami's posts.

But I think I prefer an assemble lynch right now.
In post 2556, UnaBombaH wrote:Yea, I'm fine with this day sliding to it's end now.
Fine with an assemble-lynch, fine with a Kagami-lynch.
I feel like I might actually need a flip before I can produce anything reasonable by myself anymore.. :?
Do you have any preference between the two at this point?
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 2560, Eddie Cane wrote:I want him to help me sort mulch, and to help YOU sort ME as a secondary effect.
He knows that I wanted him to give an update on how he feels about the mulch-slot, and same with your slot.

His earlygame reads were very similar to mine - his initial reads on mulch-Trans was T/S (in that order).
He later stated that he felt like kmd was taking advantage on the situation and that lead to him scumreading kmd. (I later came to that same conclusion when kmd's vote on me felt opportunistic at the time)
Boon was also the one who toneread Ari as scum based on his entrance, unlike almost everyone else (apparently) in this game. :]

He now said he will try to find time for this game too, not going to pressure him for it. I bet our other games are easier to keep up with and help anyway.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 2564, Eddie Cane wrote:final time i'm answering or after mulch flips i'm vote parking you tomorrow.
Bark at me all you want.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2560, Eddie Cane wrote:I don't want him to help me sort you, that wouldn't help me period. I want him to help me sort mulch, and to help YOU sort ME as a secondary effect. You are allowed to say if a member of your team is busy, Tchill is being replaced that's public knowledge (viewtopic.php?p=9921831#p9921831) & you could say if another member was busy.

But, you didn't answer if you told him my request 30-40 pages ago when I asked you to, and the second time I did. Also, go read the apartment if you want, it's a waste of time but if you have nothing better to do :shrug:.
In post 2562, UnaBombaH wrote:No need to be annoyed with me, doesn't change anything. :]
Thank you for finally replying;

where do you get "annoyed with you" in 2560? I was perfectly pleasant and charming. Some say dashing. I am annoyed with ou AFTER, because it took 3 posts to get you to answer a yes or no question that has very little alignment bearing.
Boon was also the one who toneread Ari as scum based on his entrance, unlike almost everyone else (apparently) in this game. :]
I said the same thing :shrug:
He now said he will try to find time for this game too, not going to pressure him for it. I bet our other games are easier to keep up with and help anyway.
thank you.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 2565, implosion wrote:Do you have any preference between the two at this point?
I'm very split between the two, BUT... I somehow feel like mulch should be the lynch just to lay the whole mulch/Trans-conversation to rest.
If he flips scum, we can assume Eddie is more or less locktown.
If he flips town, we can start comparing trajectories around the slot.
I feel like Eddie should be close to anyones top-suspects -list if assemble were to flip town. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 2563, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 2561, Kmd4390 wrote:
i don't scumread kagami. i've already explained why mulch being town likely makes him scum as best i can past fire's gut thing which is true. town!mulch and town!kagami means mulch was hard tunnelled by two strong townies and we couldn't get the lynch through for 50+ pages, with scum defending mulch the whole time. remember, up until very recently nobody has pushed mulch at all outside of myself and kagami, even getting votes has been pulling teeth up until my last case and his subsequent blowup. wasn't it literally just myself and kagami before that? and meanwhile, no other wagons are starting at all.... except kagami? so scum spent that entire time pushing kagami and WKing a wagon that wasn't happening? and, there's also that mulch despite his many, many flaws is pretty good at reading people (and in this hypothetical town mulch world demonstrated so by putting me as his hardest TR despite me pushing him and his flaming of my character and me as a person) and still had kagami as scum; this would require him also being wrong on that front. additionally, with a town mulch kagami's iso has literally just been tunnelling town and since his entire team "agrees" with the read (i know i'm being hypocritical here) that would be very unlikely. finally, almost everyone else in this game is so damn townie and nobody has disagreed with my poe yet.
Well implosion and sort of spiff to but ok maybe. But you don't think scum would be as likely to bus scum-mulch as they are to vote town-mulch?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

It auto corrected too to to when it should be too. Fuck you phone making it look like I don't know basic grammar.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:21 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

VOTE: Assembletrotws - better put my money where my mouth is.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:22 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

L-2 I think - now I'm off to bed.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

don't feel like trimming the quote on mobile but at kmd:
spiffeh does look scummier by a fair bit with a mulch town flip to me, yea. implosion alignment doesn't overly get changed specifically by the flip to me.

the thing about bussing is town has an extra free mislynch in these games, I think in team mafia bussing is disincentivized as a whole, though not completely of course. but specific to here, I don't think mulch would want to be bussed at all, he's like rc in that he's very arrogant about his skills. granted, I personally like rc significantly more but that's irrelevant and not the point of the comparison. I guess I just don't think mulch would want to be bussed because he'd think he could carry? and why would he need to be bussed when no-one besides two townies suspect him? whereas with town mulch, if you look back through the thread it's pretty incredulous to think how hard kagami and I tunnelled on him (both of us don't have many scumreads and both of us have 0 other strong ones) and scum chose to not partake. the only argument I can see is if kagami was the push and they used the push from mulch to fuel that but that seems like a lot of work for very little gain - idk about you but mulch is a tonereader and his reads switch up a lot, is that the player scum you wants to pocket for late game? I am mostly rambling at this point with a lot of weird wifom stuff, mulch and kagami both being town doesn't make sense to me at all I can't really explain it better. I've given a poe nobody has overly contested so if you assume both are town it has to be 3 of una spiff ari cabd, don't see that much either because then the scum team has been doing literally nothing all game unprompted.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”