Roy Tagliaferro
Roy Tagliaferro
Townie
Roy Tagliaferro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Roy Tagliaferro »

I voted Bu as a literal sheeping vote, and Leeoon did the same. I can't see why the same couldn't have happened for Moz, I even gave an (admittedly weak) argument.

Having said so;

Preposition: The middle votes on an early wagon are scum-like

This is something I saw float around and wanted to try out. Surely, couldn't mean anything, but it's what I wanted to try out this game. The early votes are people trying to start a wagon for one reason or another, ergo, they take the spotlight. Hammer doesn't happen this early, but even if, scum hammering the D1 mislynch would bring a lot of attention. So, if any scum want to be on an early wagon possibly headed for mislynch, then why not in the middle?

I wanted to keep this, because now that I'm talking about it, arguments around this are WIFOM.

Let's take a look at some of the third/fourth votes on wagons.

First case: Leeoon, . Really empty vote on Bu. "Going to agree with this" is a bit eh. Scum could want to hop onto such a wagon if it's there without valid reason anyway.

Case two: Seph, on Leeoon. Also an empty vote, sorta kinda following Nero I guess.

Case 3: TIAM, on TGP. Lurker vote transforming into a small wagon.

Case 4: Luca on Leeoon, but this one is actually "re-igniting" an older wagon.

So, let me know what you think. Could be shit reasoning in y'all's opinion, if so feel free to ignore but hey, I tried, right?

Out of these 4 I think Leeoon is the most suspicious right now for the vote and for lack of great content, followed by Luca/TIAM then Sephiroth.
Chumba
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Chumba »

I wills it down and look that post later with more attention, but the thing I just don't understand is why you had to actually say you were doing something instead of just doing it? By announcing you are doing something, you essentially make it less effectve.

it's like voting somebody for pressure and saying it is for pressure. your vote no longer becomes effective cause they know how to react, I hate gimmicks but if you are going to do them, don't annouce it.
FYI: Activity on weekends are usually minimal

Alt of Robbnva and Jake From State Farm among others.
Chumba
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Chumba »

Tbh I don’t actually see an issue with the Leon vote early on. Ive done that myself plenty of times, especially in rvs. It’s a way to make things happen and get reactions but scum can do it also so it’s really nai.

Luca’s vote I could see coming from scum. There are better ways to get people to engage them voting them. I don’t know why he specifically chose him when my content (and others as well) are also lacking.

The rest of your post I didn’t really find useful. It’s really hard day 1 to analyze votes without a flip to compare it to.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 184, Chumba wrote:
In post 183, Luca Blight wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Leeoon

His complete lack of content cannot be ignored.
What about my lack of content?
Obviously it's not as severe a case as Leeoon's. Additionally, from the game I played with Leeoon before I recall him being far more involved as Town.

Why do you ask?
Chumba
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Chumba »

Cause I don’t understand how you came to single one person out.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 202, Chumba wrote: Luca’s vote I could see coming from scum. There are better ways to get people to engage them voting them. I don’t know why he specifically chose him when my content (and others as well) are also lacking.
Voting is the most useful tool we have and is therefore as good a way to make engage somone, patricularly one who appears to be coasting through the day.

If you look through Leeoon's ISO, he makes about one post per real life day without any relevant input. The fact his last post didn't include any sort of catch up and ignored at least one question I saw put to him makes it even worse. Add to this the point I raised above that it is in stark contrast to how he began the last game a I played with him.
In post 204, Chumba wrote:Cause I don’t understand how you came to single one person out.
Simply because he is the worst for it, and it goes against the meta I have on him. Even Paradox with less posts has produced more game-related content than he has.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 205, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 202, Chumba wrote: Luca’s vote I could see coming from scum. There are better ways to get people to engage them voting them. I don’t know why he specifically chose him when my content (and others as well) are also lacking.
Voting is the most useful tool we have and is therefore as good a way as any to engage someone, particularly one who appears to be coasting through the day.

If you look through Leeoon's ISO, he makes about one post per real life day without any relevant input. The fact his last post didn't include any sort of catch up and ignored at least one question I saw put to him makes it even worse. Add to this the point I raised above that it is in stark contrast to how he began the last game a I played with him.
In post 204, Chumba wrote:Cause I don’t understand how you came to single one person out.
Simply because he is the worst for it, and it goes against the meta I have on him. Even Paradox with less posts has produced more game-related content than he has.
EBWOP
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 197, Chumba wrote: arch rubbed me the wrong way when he told people to sheep him, sheeping is very bad for town and I don't see why town would encourage other townies to do something bad. I also don't like that he actually scum reads somebody for lamist, At first I thought he didn't, but when roy chimes in and he tells him to hush and let his scum buddy answer, that is pretty much saying he scum reads lalendra for lamist. I honestly can't see any townie who thinks that is a good reason to scum read somebody.
This is ridiculously simplistic.

Sheeping isn't inherently bad - it depends entirely on the context. The context of this was RVS - it's nothing original or unique for people to say 'sheep me' during RVS. I must have seen it countless times on this site, so I don't know why you're trying to paint that as something particularly negative.

Why could a townie not scumread someone for LAMIST? Scum, by their very wincon, need to try to look town, so anything that looks like someone is overtly trying to appear townie could indeed be a scumtell.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 200, Roy Tagliaferro wrote:I voted Bu as a literal sheeping vote, and Leeoon did the same. I can't see why the same couldn't have happened for Moz, I even gave an (admittedly weak) argument.

Having said so;

Preposition: The middle votes on an early wagon are scum-like

This is something I saw float around and wanted to try out. Surely, couldn't mean anything, but it's what I wanted to try out this game. The early votes are people trying to start a wagon for one reason or another, ergo, they take the spotlight. Hammer doesn't happen this early, but even if, scum hammering the D1 mislynch would bring a lot of attention. So, if any scum want to be on an early wagon possibly headed for mislynch, then why not in the middle?

I wanted to keep this, because now that I'm talking about it, arguments around this are WIFOM.

Let's take a look at some of the third/fourth votes on wagons.

First case: Leeoon, . Really empty vote on Bu. "Going to agree with this" is a bit eh. Scum could want to hop onto such a wagon if it's there without valid reason anyway.

Case two: Seph, on Leeoon. Also an empty vote, sorta kinda following Nero I guess.

Case 3: TIAM, on TGP. Lurker vote transforming into a small wagon.

Case 4: Luca on Leeoon, but this one is actually "re-igniting" an older wagon.

So, let me know what you think. Could be shit reasoning in y'all's opinion, if so feel free to ignore but hey, I tried, right?

Out of these 4 I think Leeoon is the most suspicious right now for the vote and for lack of great content, followed by Luca/TIAM then Sephiroth.

Why did you highlight my vote on Leeoon but ignore my earlier vote on Lalendra?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Prism »

Skimming there's a lot of content that seems worth parsing and evaluating now. I don't have time to get to it tonight but I'll stop in in the morning, read, let it simmer, and give my thoughts tomorrow night.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by mozamis »

still mainly town
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Scumreading Roy and Luca. They look like they're trying to move the game forward and scumhunt, but their cases are weak, their approach is at best ineffective and anti-town. If Roy's gambit is real it is now completely ruined.
Also anybody who's townreading lalendra is wrong imo.

Chumba's posts started off lacking and suspicious but he's making valid arguments and his passion seems townie enough. After reading his ISO though I'm surprised nobody was scumreading him.

Luca's vote on leeoon is interesting. Roy pointed out that it is reginiting an old wagon which is a scummy thing to do. BUT leoon reay hasn't posted anything useful and I want to vote there too.

You guys still think I'm wrong about one of lalendra/prism defending one of Roy/Leoon. Roy/Leoon so scummy right now. Luca is my current guess for 3rd scum.

Can these 5 people talk a lot more please. I can't decide between you.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I don't understand why you're scumreading me.

You say my case is weak, but the only semblance of a case I've made this game has been on Lalendra, which you seem to agree with? You also agree with my position on Leeoon, so I am puzzled.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lets sheep that Nero guy and lynch scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Jaber

The more I look at 211 the more it pings the hell out of me.

1) he throws me and Roy under the same umbrella, even though our play has been nothing alike. Jaber say our cases are weak and our approach is ineffective and anti-town. I can see how this might relate to Roy and his gambit, but how does this relate to me at all?

2) What is the purpose of his Chumba point about? It's like he's townreading him but casting doubt at the same time, saying he's surprised no-one is scumreading him. At best this is just meaningless filler.

3) Says anyone who townreads Lalendra is wrong - even as someone who scumreads Lalendra myself, I don't see how he can be so certain of his scumread based on what we have seen so far. This comment is just lazy shade-throwing - trying to provoke suspicion against someone without adding any sort of relevant analysis or reasoning.

4) Jaber says my vote on Leeoon is interesting, and that he also wants to put his vote there. So what is 'interesting' meant to imply here? He's agreeing with my view, yet trying to paint it in a negative light at the same time.

He's just throwing shade in as many different directions as possible with no actual focus or intent, and his read on me feels fabricated.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Vote Count 1.4Sephiroth(1) Prism

Prism(0)

BuJaber(3) Archwing, Leeoon, Luca Blight

TwoInAMillion(1) Nero Cain

Leeoon(1) TheGoldenParadox

Chumba(0)

mozamis(2) Lalendra, Roy Tagliaferro

Nero Cain(0)

Roy Tagliaferro(1) Chumba

Lalendra(1) BuJaber

Luca Blight(0)

Archwing(0)

TheGoldenParadox(3) mozamis, Sephiroth, TwoInAMillion

No Lynch(0)

Not Voting(0):

With 13 alive it is 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-02-04 05:20:00) or when a lynch is achieved.
Roy Tagliaferro
Roy Tagliaferro
Townie
Roy Tagliaferro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by Roy Tagliaferro »

I've made it clear that I was doing some sort of gambit, fully aware it might not work and that talking about wagons now would be WIFOM. But, I wanted to try it out, and it might just help, no?

"Also anybody who's townreading lalendra is wrong imo" is very rich coming from someone jumping on others because of weak cases. A quick ctrl+F of your iso shows you voted for her in without any real reason, although it's implied it is because of . After this you push LALENDRA IS SCUM!!! without there ever being a real argument in your posts. Explain! I'll sit and listen.

@Luca your Lalendra vote was the start of a wagon. I was looking at middle votes (votes 3-5)

UNVOTE:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh yeah, thats the other thing I wanted to talk about.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 216, Roy Tagliaferro wrote: @Luca your Lalendra vote was the start of a wagon. I was looking at middle votes (votes 3-5)
Exactly. Your point is that middle votes are scummy and wagon-starting ones are not because they 'take the spotlight', so how is it a fair analysis to only look at the scummy data while ignoring the townie data?

Also, my vote on Leeoon was the second on his wagon at the time of voting, so shouldn't even qualify for 'middle voting' given your criteria.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

can we all just stop fighting and lynch scum, TIAM?

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:04 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

What particularly makes you say TIAM is scum?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 188, TwoInAMillion wrote:Sorry I haven't been that active yet but I am playing in 3 games plus 3 mish mash games and
not much has happened yet
This is a stall post. I don't really like his excuse that he's in a bunch of others and can't contribute. The bolded is either scum that's actually not reading the thread or scum thats using this as an excuse to not participate.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, I have the fucking flu and I'm still doing more that TIAM. Ditto Leeoon.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Fair enough. It's as good a lynch as any for D1.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: TIAM
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 198, Roy Tagliaferro wrote:I can reveal my stuff now;
I was trying to watch some early wagon dynamics
and my vote on Moz was to try and see if anyone would bite and vote moz (negative result) so Moz, nothing to do with our previous game and it's great you're in here ;)

Trying to come up with some time to talk but not for a lil while tonight.
I'm not 100% sold on this. In I called you on being eager. Your "defense" was that you were doing some kind of gambit. I'm its still WIFOM but getting called out and then going "IT WAS A GAMBIT!" seems like the only and a very convenient defense. But there are better lynchs today

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”