Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 193, CheekyTeeky wrote:To clarify - I thought I noticed someone else mention a wincon on the first couple of pages. I am lacking any kind of wincon.
Alright, I've had t! If a vig exists shoot both this and creature sometime in the future.

Giving away that you have no wincon = signaling the cult leaders to target you as a recruitable target. I tried to save you from yourself the first time, but you seem eager to be recruited.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 275, Almost50 wrote:
In post 193, CheekyTeeky wrote:To clarify - I thought I noticed someone else mention a wincon on the first couple of pages. I am lacking any kind of wincon.
Alright, I've had t! If a vig exists shoot both this and creature sometime in the future.

Giving away that you have no wincon = signaling the cult leaders to target you as a recruitable target. I tried to save you from yourself the first time, but you seem eager to be recruited.
Um people have openly expressed they want to be recruited so why is this a big deal? I'm confused.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 243, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 236, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 204, Cerberus v666 wrote:fucking quote my posts without including the full context of a sentence,
You know what you are saying.
It’s a lot easier to cut out the bs and just get the point.

Except you fucking didn't actually properly communicate my point? You spun that as though I was QUESTIONING whether or not you were doing anything, when what I was doing was questioning inferno on the town benefit to REVEALING the fact that you were doing something.

COMPLETELY different meaning between what you chose to quote, and what I actually said.

Don't fucking do it again.
Why is this guy so grumpy? I think we should let a cult take him lol.

UNVOTE:
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 270, Almost50 wrote:
In post 176, Inferno390 wrote:And I honestly don't think that it's likely that all the killing roles are auto immunized, because that would mean that the cult would have to be able to kill every night should they want to try and take out the opposing cult. That just seems broken to me.
Mate, they RECRUIT. That's even better than a kill. They not only take the Town down by one, but also GAIN one.

The Vig has to guess whether they recruited the immunization target(s) or was the immunization successful. Like, if I was Vig and saw someone getting wagoned to be immunized, and I thought it likely that they will be targeted by cult recruitment I'd be submitting my kill of the day on them.

^THIS^ is why recruiting the "lynchee" (using the term loosely) might be a bad idea. It's a race between the two cults to grow and the Town core to prevent that from happening.

This is why the VIG IN PARTICULAR (assuming there's one) must be VERY ATTENTIVE. You don't want to be shooting your fellow TPR by accident, yet again you don't want to let the cults win a free recruitment shot. GODSPEED.
Okay, recruiting is powerful. But recruiting can't be done on the opposing cult or the immunized. So therefore, unless the cults can gain acess to killing roles, they have no way to stop another team from growing larger than they are if they make a mistake and try to recruit someone they can't. So basically, if one leader screws up, the game is over for them unless all the other factions screw up too. Becasue they fall behind in terms of players on thier team so they can NEVER win.
I have a feeling that this game is going to be very, very swingy.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 204, Cerberus v666 wrote:FYI, I am either the best or the worst person to grant immunity to, depending on whether granting immunity means the cult will actually recruit me 100% of the time.
OK, I think I've got me a plan:

1- Vote Cerb to be immunized
2- Shoot Cerb

This plan serves two purposes:

1- Make sure no culted-Cerb is in play
2- Give Cerb the opportunity to take his desired break from Mafia ASAP

No need to applause, but I'll accept checks and/or cash.

Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 243, Cerberus v666 wrote:properly communicate my point
Ya, I think I properly communicated my point.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 279, Almost50 wrote:
In post 204, Cerberus v666 wrote:FYI, I am either the best or the worst person to grant immunity to, depending on whether granting immunity means the cult will actually recruit me 100% of the time.
OK, I think I've got me a plan:

1- Vote Cerb to be immunized
2- Shoot Cerb

This plan serves two purposes:

1- Make sure no culted-Cerb is in play
2- Give Cerb the opportunity to take his desired break from Mafia ASAP

No need to applause, but I'll accept checks and/or cash.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Vecna »

2 cults.

Both cannot recruit the same target.

1: Both will be afraid to try and recruit the same target.

2: Cults have some motivation to see who the immunity target will become, and stall their recruitment vote to maybe try and recruit the immunity person (the better long-term plan)

3: Cults have some motivation to be fast in deciding whom to recruit, in case the other cult were to decide on the same person (probably the best outcome for a cult is to be faster on recruiting the same person as the other cult)

4: SURVIVORS have a lot of motivation to actually get immunity on people. Having the cult steal the person that got voted immunity is a terrible outcome.

It will probably be imperative to create a strategy that abuses facts 1-3 to obtain #4

I propose the following:

We run up two individuals to have an equal ammount of votes. One designated person (ME) hammers between the two of them after a random ammount of time has passed.

I CAN ALSO CHOOSE TO NOT HAMMER ONCE THE VOTE IS TIED AT L1, BUT INSTEAD CALL FOR A DIFFERENT WAGON.

A good mix between having some randomness in who gets protection, and forcing the cults to outguess eachother and be in time to recruit, which gives us somewhat ok odds to either have a double recruit on the same person, or the cults to guess wrong, or for us to change the target entirely and actually get immunity pushed though.

CULTS will not know whether I hammer, or call for new wagons.

Fuck the police. Fuck the cults. Create chaos, and let order be born from it.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 277, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 243, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 236, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 204, Cerberus v666 wrote:fucking quote my posts without including the full context of a sentence,
You know what you are saying.
It’s a lot easier to cut out the bs and just get the point.

Except you fucking didn't actually properly communicate my point? You spun that as though I was QUESTIONING whether or not you were doing anything, when what I was doing was questioning inferno on the town benefit to REVEALING the fact that you were doing something.

COMPLETELY different meaning between what you chose to quote, and what I actually said.

Don't fucking do it again.
Why is this guy so grumpy? I think we should let a cult take him lol.

UNVOTE:
I'm not grumpy. I just refuse to allow people to get away with misrepresenting my words. Instead of just quoting what I said, that fucker went ahead and quoted it, then removed all of the context. He took extra effort to make it appear as though I had said something different from what I said, and that's unacceptable.

pedit:@A50:I'll accept that plan, either that, or kill screenplay. I'm 100% serious, I'm not okay with dealing with someone who does this, and since this game doesn't have killing, I'm replacing pretty damn soon if someone doesn't kill him.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Vecna »

You guys can leave your inter-personal drama at the door and marvel at my plan in pink
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I can see where you're coming from Ceberus and you have made good points but it's loltrollsrceenplay so eff that guy and help us win.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 284, Vecna wrote:You guys can leave your inter-personal drama at the door and marvel at my plan in pink
Your pink plan neglects that there are 18 other people to recruit from. I don't see why CL's would risk a fail on our two wagons with so many fish in the sea.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

wouldn't a single wagon give us better odds on either getting a potential double recruit or scaring the cults away from recruiting that player in the first place? like, if there's one wagon then a cult will only choose to recruit there if they think that the other cult hasn't already done so, but if there's two then from the perspective of one cult there's always the chance that the other cult recruited the other wagon, making recruiting on-wagon a safer decision.

It seems to me like a better strategy for getting immunizations on non-recruited players is to build a wagon on one person to l-1 and then somehow (either one person or we as a group) come to a decision that we either hammer that person or we switch to someone else on a flashwagon.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 218, CheekyTeeky wrote:Why does my immunity always get rejected ;.;
You love your haters and hate your lovers :cry:

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Like, let's say we have a single wagon. each cult leader will only want to recruit there if they a) believe that the immunization will go through and b) believe that the other cult hasn't yet sent in the recruiting action.

with that in mind, having two wagons seems almost entirely worse. most scenarios i could imagine with two wagons seem like it would just be better for town if we only had one major wagon. like, let's say both cult leaders choose to recruit from the wagon(s). if there's only one wagon, then if they both recruit there then the size of all cults in the game has 100% only increased by one player. if there are two wagons and both cult leaders choose a wagon randomly to recruit from, there's still the chance that the size of all cults only increases by one, but it now becomes equally likely (if i can do math) that the size of all cults has increased by two.

things fall apart
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 288, Almost50 wrote:
In post 218, CheekyTeeky wrote:Why does my immunity always get rejected ;.;
You love your haters and hate your lovers :cry:
:o is it you???
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 259, Inferno390 wrote:Reading your ISO, the only person you could think is cult is me, and I find that laughable.
First off, I've been open with my reads. When does scum do that? Second, I've said several things out loud that scum would like to keep not said in interest of wincon. Third, I have actively trying to play toward town wincon and try to sort people, whether mistaken in my judgement or not.
Scum try to tell me how Town they are.
Town don’t have to say anything. They just act Town and everyone knows it.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

Well I already got three votes on me at this point. You can start that vote-wagon on me and stuff.

That's also going to be one of the only times I ask you to vote me by the way.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

with one wagon it also seems to become more likely that both cult leaders choose to avoid the wagon out of some kind of prisoner's dilemna-type fear that the other leader has already recruited there, meaning that the immunization might actually do something. with two wagons i think that they'd feel safer recruiting from one of them, decreasing the chances that an immunization does something.

things fall apart
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

VOTE: JayDragonKing
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@MOD if a player is successfully immunized through voting and is then shot do they still count for "people who can be voted for immunization before it doesn't work anymore"?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 274, JaydragonKing wrote:I'm not saying my "survivor speech" cuz this game is literally full of them. It would be redundant at that point, North. And using that as a tell against me? For shame, North. For shame.
I wasn't expecting you to talk about how you would be playing like a survivor, but i at least expected some kind of humorous reference or joke about it. Sure, it's not the most incriminating scumtell ever conceived, but i think it's something to go off of in what seems like a largely aimless day one.

pedit – guys, remember that we're supposed to send messages to the mod by pm (and not address him in-thread).

things fall apart
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

To be clear: the example role PMs are essentially "vanilla" PMs that DO exist in the game.
balance among all things
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 296, northsidegal wrote:guys, remember that we're supposed to send messages to the mod by pm (and not address him in-thread).
@Mod: Is this true?
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

Screen you dum dum. Read posts 0 and 1.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”