Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why is Yankee slot still alive, how many wagons before we finally lynch that slot?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

It also means I tend to town read players who play/act in the same way I do, which is a weakness I am aware of but struggle to combat. The hardest scum for me to find are the ones right in the middle of poor post content and good post content - players like Espeonage/Lego/Skitter are right in my blindspot, and if any of those are actually scum, I probably won't catch them out.
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by legoboyvdlp »

Scum
Mathdino - mod is scum

Null

Mutantdevle - scum null
Not mafia - policy him ftw
The Worst - null

Town

Paladin
Skitter
A50
Jay
Srceenplay
Me obviously

Ok, so I didn't actually TR him officially yet, but I said this about him:

Votes for screen. Talks about my wagon and Jay's wagon being possible counter!wagons. In hind sight of my town read on srceen who I believed to be scum I find this a bit suspicious, but not lynch worthy or AI, just noting it for the future, because at that point srceen looked very scummy. He voted for Jay saying he would like a claim from Jay --> good, but is it wise on D1? I do not agree it is. After looking a bit at Mutant, he starts on Una: says Una is opportunisticaly making trivial reads. I want to hear what he says about Espeonage, before I make a formal decision, but I think this is also town.
Based on my gut!Yankee!Town, and my feeling that his scum hunting is geniune, he is a town read, albeit my weakest one right now. Srceen is my strongest TR.

Pedit, very important, please read: My confirmed town lists are NOT in any way cleared lists. But in my brain they are confirmed to me unless I decide otherwise. Now, A50 and Jay are on my 90% cleared list until they are scum slipped or counterclaimed due to their claims.
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by legoboyvdlp »

I am not as convinced as I was mutant is scum, note I was not convinced enough to vote him so he gets downgraded.
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by legoboyvdlp »

In post 1025, Not_Mafia wrote:Why is Yankee slot still alive, how many wagons before we finally lynch that slot?

THIS is why I am voting you.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by the worst »

Pala let's ask random players questions. If they're in the top half of the player list I'll answer the questions for them. If they're in the bottom half, you answer for them. :lol:

Legs' previous read on you was on point with my thinking, pretty much null but I'd be prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt today. The fact he's suddenly town blocking you and you're answering questions for him is ringing alarm bells for me

Pedit: I'll accept the terminology difference but it's still a bit curious for me how you're pulling him back to town lean now :(
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

I would try to lead the town myself, but I'm still not the best at that. Plus their is still doubt about my claim, so it makes sense.

I only can say I don't agree with Mutant's current play on a fundamental basis, but I can't separate that in my head and decide if that's scummy because I don't like it or scummy because it's not town-optimal.

If it's mine and Almost's responsibility to push the game at the moment however... I need us to decide now. It was why I thought the Screen idea was a decent idea in the first place.

What slot would give us the most information at the moment that hasn't already claimed? What would solidify possible scum teams or even just a scum?

--- Post Edit ---

Six fricken posts before I could post now. Jeez. Reading them after this post.

--- Post Edit 2 ---

And another two from Lego. Sweet.

--- Post Edit 3 ---

My Post Edit signature is too fucking fancy and people keep posting now.
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by legoboyvdlp »

In post 1027, legoboyvdlp wrote:Scum
Mathdino - mod is scum

Null

Mutantdevle - scum null
The Worst - null

Town

Paladin
Skitter
A50
Jay
Srceenplay
Me obviously
Ok, something to note. Just because I am town reading them doesn't mean there is not a scum among them, does not mean we are limited to {montosh, mutant, nsg, Una, Esp or NM}

But scum is more likely to be amongst them IMO.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1029, legoboyvdlp wrote:
In post 1025, Not_Mafia wrote:Why is Yankee slot still alive, how many wagons before we finally lynch that slot?

THIS is why I am voting you.
Give me a reason to care. Have you tried voting scum recently?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1032, legoboyvdlp wrote:
In post 1027, legoboyvdlp wrote:Scum
Mathdino - mod is scum

Null

Mutantdevle - scum null
The Worst - null

Town

Paladin
Skitter
A50
Jay
Srceenplay
Me obviously
Ok, something to note. Just because I am town reading them doesn't mean there is not a scum among them, does not mean we are limited to {montosh, mutant, nsg, Una, Esp or NM}

But scum is more likely to be amongst them IMO.
Preparing excuses?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Not Mafia

I'm undecided on Mutant at this stage but agree this is a better place to consolidate than Espeonage at this time.
The fact he's suddenly town blocking you and you're answering questions for him is ringing alarm bells for me
That is true and fair.

Is this directed to me -
I'll accept the terminology difference but it's still a bit curious for me how you're pulling him back to town lean now
Not sure what you mean. Can you please clarify?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm liking this wagon, more votes on this Not_Mafia character
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by the worst »

That was directed at lego regarding his liberal use of "confirmed town". Acknowledging that I use the term EXTREMELY literally so won't hold it against him for using it when I'd use something like "strong townread" or "not in my lynch pool for today"
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by legoboyvdlp »

In post 1030, the worst wrote:Pala let's ask random players questions. If they're in the top half of the player list I'll answer the questions for them. If they're in the bottom half, you answer for them. :lol:

Legs' previous read on you was on point with my thinking, pretty much null but I'd be prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt today. The fact he's suddenly town blocking you and you're answering questions for him is ringing alarm bells for me

Pedit: I'll accept the terminology difference but it's still a bit curious for me how you're pulling him back to town lean now :(
What danger was he in? Why would I want to town block him -- that is terrible
play as scum.

Meh, I always mess up on D1 as town it seems :lol:

Ok, PEDIT:

Paladin, it starts to look like you are buddying me now after that last post of yours. I'd be an excellent player to buddy as scum, because I am the village idiot round here. Why are you voting on NM? Not necessarily a scum read, but my already weak TR is maybe 1% less strong as you vote for NM, I am curious why you did it. Why is this better? (I do agree it is better, but still)

Pedit 2
I'm illiteral sometimes :P but not illiterate
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by the worst »

You're definitely very literate. I realised I enjoy your posting style mid D2 last game together. :lol:
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by legoboyvdlp »

Admittedly, NM is, a random shot with a 40% scum chance if I worked it out right. But... it is all I have right now. He is a great policy lynch. Unless his play improves into day 2? Anyone familiar with his meta?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by the worst »

play as scum.
howwwww so? :)
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1038, legoboyvdlp wrote:
In post 1030, the worst wrote:Pala let's ask random players questions. If they're in the top half of the player list I'll answer the questions for them. If they're in the bottom half, you answer for them. :lol:

play as scum.

Meh, I always mess up on D1 as town it seems :lol:

Ok, PEDIT:

Paladin, it starts to look like you are buddying me now after that last post of yours. I'd be an excellent player to buddy as scum, because I am the village idiot round here. Why are you voting on NM? Not necessarily a scum read, but my already weak TR is maybe 1% less strong as you vote for NM, I am curious why you did it. Why is this better? (I do agree it is better, but still)

Pedit 2
I'm illiteral sometimes :P but not illiterate
Hmmm good post, scum probably has day talk, I'll be impressed if this came from newb scum unassisted
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I'm not really feeling scum!lego rn
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by legoboyvdlp »

Glad to please :P

Well, I've only played as scum once in my 5 games (2 2 years ago, one recently, one here, and this), but I don't think it is wise... a sudden jump of reads is bound to draw attention. You do not want attention as scum, you want to push it onto others. I did things like that and got lynched day 2 for it, losing the game eventually :)

Ok, so either TW or NM or PL is scum then NM :facepalm: :roll:

You know that may be your first good post all week, at least it has content, not meaningless piles of mashed potatoes,
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 981, mutantdevle wrote:I’ve not been too engaged with this game so am yet to push anyone. I’m now in a position where I could be more engaged but refuse to do so whilst there is a high chance I am to be lynched. My reads list was by no means an attempt to push anyone and simply serves as a way to clearly express my opinions on everyone should you need such information after my death.
Right, and I'm saying that refusing to become engaged because you might be lynched is scummy.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Lego
The 'that is true and fair' was addressed to The Worst. I personally hate it when player x defends player y. Player y should defend themselves because if player x does it, should either slot flip scum later down the track, the other slot now looks bad. So rather than argue with Worst for being wrong, I accepted they were right. Me posting that didn't help you make your answer (which still hasn't appeared, actually) and now that I think about it was just wishful thinking.

Why NM over Espeonage -

Espeonage has made their opinion on certain player slots (e.g. A50) quite clear, and they have been fairly active during the game so far. If I don't have a clear picture on who is scum, then my next best option is to lynch the least valuable contributor, since at the very least if we mislynch we're not losing anybody that matters. Espeonage, bless his little misguided heart, even though he is probably wrong about A50 is at least active and his position is fairly clear. I feel like Espeonage is more useful to town, while NM is not.

The decision is easy in the end.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1044, legoboyvdlp wrote: Ok, so either TW or NM or PL is scum then NM :facepalm: :roll:
Splain :D
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 990, Sky_Paladin wrote:There are a couple of players you could policy vote for low currency value to town.

At this point I would arguably say Montosh is a better choice for a policy lynch. What particular reason did you pick NM?
I *really* think we can do better than a PL today, so I won't support one. There might be a vig; if they exist, let them handle the pl-worthy players. If not, we can pursue that if we lack other lynch candidates.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 999, the worst wrote:Mutant and Screen are the only ones close to wagons and neither of them are worth lynching. We've still got a few days to find a suitable parallel wagon. (someone else do my work for me please, I am literally the worst)
I neither understand why you're townreading Mutant, nor do I understand why you're scumreading Lego.

Return to “Completed Open Games”