Newbie 1843 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Huntress »

eth0s (Vanilla Townie) was killed night three.

It is now DAY FOUR.

With three players alive, it takes two votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Four is Tuesday, 13th February, 8.00 pm GMT, (in (expired on 2018-02-13 18:00:00)).
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:06 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I was making my case while Cabd self voted, so I've got it ready. Here goes.

Well, yes. You -sorta- demanded a case on Alonzo, so here is a case on Alonzo. Let's start off in the beginning. Looking at his ISO the interactions with Cabd who shall be considered confscum at this point there's some wacky interaction. For example, Alonzo calling out Nauci's weirdish interaction. Nauci's confirmed town, Cabd's scum and this could be Cabd's partner trying to subtly blend into the discussion while honestly keeping himself in the middle it seems although he casts a lil bit of suspicion on Nauci. And after this the posts are fluff until like . Then once more all I can see in his talk about the cabd-nauci situation is Nauci suspicion and not much on Cabd.

seems good on Alonzo's part, though. Surely it could be scum trying to gain towncred by calling out a stupid idea but it's been bugging me in my analysis of scum!Lonzo. Later though he does keep to his assumption and softpushes a TNE lynch which fits his mold. Nevertheless one thing that has me slightly doubting.

Nightkills will always remain WIFOM I guess but it's nevertheless semi-interesting that Locke has a mild suspicion on Alonzo (and a question towards Cabd) in his final post.

Alonzo asking for Shattiel's third on the suspicion list is majorly crap for town if we assume scum!alonzo.

Nauci went a bit rogue D2 and Cabd is quick to jump on it. Alonzo on the other hand, barely reps a word. If I can count correctly he's got 5 posts but none talk about the BP, except for him talking about whether he has experience with it or not. The only thing he seems to say about Cabd is "My predicted scumteam being true does not clear Cabd" which to me rings as an effective way of joining the suspicion on your partner but yet not making them your prime target, like as if you're trying to divert attention.

And now D3, where Alonzo only subtly touches onto scum!Cabd after the three others did this already and even there he seems to want to focus on the buddy. In the same post he casts suspicion onto Eth0s, which he never *quite* pursues. Instead in he's suddenly onto me (who I've not seen him suspect earlier) as that seems to gain traction. And curiously says it's stupid to suspect scum!Alonzo and reaffirms his VT.
Cabd and HeWhoSwims because HeWhoswims 3rd vote on thenewearth (good place for scum) and alonzo was first vote (usually not scum for d1 votes).
Now as for this. I think the nth vote on the wagon argument is shitty for
this
game. I mentioned this in . This would always be wifom in the context of this game because scum would not want the third spot, or would they because people think they wouldn't? And would scum take the risk of being the third vote on the wagon if this has been discussed?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:37 am

Post by brassherald »

I'm not going to vote early because today is the deciding day.

But, here's what I don't get that most supports a scum read on you, HWS, if it is Alonzo, why didn't he kill me instead of eth0s?

Scum is going to vote whichever of the town gets voted first if at all. eth0s said it was DEFINITELY Cabd and HWS here.

Scum!Alonzo's play would have been leaving the person who said last scum was definitely the other townie, alive, kill me, and just let eth0s do most of the work during the day. I've been a bit less consistent and admittedly, not as resolute with my opinions as eth0s was, only getting impatient when it was clear cabd was scum. I'm not going to make my vote yet, but I don't think anyone has had anything legitimately resembling a scum read on me in days.

So, here is what I think. I think HWS is probably the scum here, but I'm viewing myself as the deciding vote.

290 HWS, I would like to know why you were actually the one who, in a very subtle manner, suggested there could be a 1SBP.

Also, my last question is pure curiosity at this point and does not affect the game in any way really, but, is one of you actually a 1SBP hiding as a Vanilla Town, or is it just one goon and two VTs at this point? Because I had a theory about this yesterday and did not want to call it out if I am right about it.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Brass, that's classic WIFOM.

Of course, if I were scum, it would make sense for me to kill Eth0s since he was suspecting me. But, if scum!Alonzo kills Eth0s, it has the effect it's having on you right now; you are suspicious of me because it is in my best (scum) interest to kill Eth0s. So why exactly would scum Alonzo not kill Eth0s? I'm his lynchbait, you are not having a clear stance it seems, and killing Eth0s only makes you, the swing vote, suspicious of me. In other words, you can't deduce anything from the Nightkill, as both me and Alonzo would be best off killing Eth0s.

Eth0s being town doesn't make him correct in his reads by default.

Alonzo could certainly have killed you, and let Eth0s do the work on me and probably vote me, but a) it doesn't supply Alonzo with any further arguments like "you nightkilled Eths who was hardcore suspecting you". and b) Eth0s is a fairly good player from what I've seen and might've turned around after my case.

So seriously, overthink it; there's no way to deduce either me or Alonzo is scum from Eth0s' nightkill. I'm not ready to lose a game to wifom.

290 was one of the first posts of the day and basically just a remark about the setup no one had mentioned. We either had a 1sbp or no PR at all.

Pretty sure the actual 1sbp would've counterclaimed Cabd on day 2 to get a free scumlynch. So, no, if there's actually a 1sbp they should be ashamed of not CC'ing cabd earlier.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:00 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Also VOTE: Alonzo
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:19 am

Post by brassherald »

I'll be honest, I still find eth0s' Alonzo frame job theory to be pretty compelling. Also a CC on day 2 would not have necessarily lead to a free scum lynch, we would have a 50/50 chance of getting the right one hanged.

Finally, what have you realistically contributed to discussions during the days, HWS? Since you are basing so much on how little Alonzo has contributed, show me the opposite for you.

I do have questions lined up for Alonzo when he comes around, but you posted right as the day started and you get to respond to my questions first.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:30 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I mean a CC should definitely be believed unless in lylo I think; not relevant here however.

Gonna keep it short; I've had numerous discussions in the game, big posts analysing stuff and I've kept an open mind on everyone. Didn't go for a possible mislynch in Velox, I made sure we had a hammer on D1 = town beneficial, I've been questioning people through and through and are very open imo and it's my take on gamesolving. I'd need not be the one to bring attention to all the possible BP scenarios if my scumpartner Cabd isn't under fire.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:45 am

Post by Alonzo »

Brass You are clearly Town as you didnt Finish me off.

Im glad of that, because as this is your first game there was no way of getting any leads on you from previous games.

I did Read up on the other Two however, and as I hinted yesterday, I could see Ethos was Town from his G1 as scum. His reads are bolder and more aloof in this one.

I read up on he who Swimss too, He is quieter in this one than his Town game. And whilst some of his claims are true, His lack of Depth (or IRL distractions) On day three was telling. Before you Vote I emplore you to read HwS older games and confirm for yourself what I'v said.

Ask if you have questions.

Vote HWS
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:03 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 454, HeWhoSwims wrote:Also VOTE: Alonzo
I need to address this before I ask any questions of Alonzo. How did you know for sure that I was town?

I mean, if I was the last mafia, you just handed town's win away. This recklessness bothers me more than anything else right now, almost as if you were the one person who knew for sure at the start of the day who the last mafia is.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:30 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Simple enough; I am convinced of my case on Alonzo, and your play just gave me town vibes and as eth0s already said I would like eat a rock if you turned out to be scum. It's final 3 lylo, one scum and one townie before me, and I found it easy to differentiate.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:34 am

Post by Alonzo »

Hows the reading coming on brass?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:30 am

Post by brassherald »

It is coming either tonight or tomorrow, I promise. All questions and possibly a resolution then. I have been working non stop on some stuff at work, to the point where the past 3 days lunches have kind of just been eating a sandwich as I did work. But today was the end game for it, and I'll see whether I have time after I get home tonight.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:12 pm

Post by brassherald »

Okay, after doing the reading, I am finishing this game here and now.

On the one hand, Alonzo has done very little that has really helped the town throughout the day, on the other hand, HeWhoSwims made one post that he seems to think really helped the town. I also don't like that HWS wants to push off Night Kills as WIFOM but then uses them for a basis of his reasoning.

Cabd's vote for himself right when HWS was preparing seems a little worse for HWS, but, for some reason HWS only prepared a scum read for Alonzo, even when eth0s and I were still on the table as scum. I think you see where I have landed at this point, but I'll beat the dead horse before my vote is made. I think the biggest thing is still that vote for Alonzo, though, town should be playing paranoid at this point, and I do not see a point where I think a town would feel confident with very little discussion, and going from the previous read of me a null that seems to have become a town read when no one wanted to lynch me, that someone is 100% town.

That being said, I never asked for all this power. If the dead town are still following this, please don't hate me if I'm wrong, but I feel confident in this vote and can see neither Alonzo or HeWhoSwims is going to be able to do much to convince me because I'm a stubborn attorney at heart.

VOTE: HeWhoSwims

Final answer
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:00 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.0
HeWhoSwims (2) - Alonzo, brassherald [LYNCH]

Alonzo (1) - HeWhoSwims

With three players alive, it takes two votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Four is Tuesday, 13th February, 8.00 pm GMT, (in (expired on 2018-02-13 18:00:00)).
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:00 am

Post by Huntress »

HeWhoSwims (
Mafia Goon
) has been lynched.[/size]

Game over - TOWN wins!

Congratulations Alonzo, brassherald, eth0s, Locke113, Nauci, Shattiel, thenewearth!
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:08 am

Post by Huntress »

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:22 am

Post by brassherald »

So, I didn't reveal this until the very end, but, I'm actually an attorney in real life, and was basically trying to get arguments out from HWS while I was working on my huge case that had a deadline yesterday. I really didn't have any questions for Alonzo, I was pretty sure it was HWS and basically wanted to see what he said because I kind of recognize the tell tale signs of an argument where the person knows they are in the wrong.

Sorry for delays at the end, but, really, I was in Court for 10 cases yesterday afternoon, and had to write up a reply in these cases that are probably going to be in the courts for at least a decade.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:41 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Well done Brass/town!

For the record my time troubles were actually 100% real :( and then Cabd hammered himself while I was finally typing my case. I hoped the wifom accusation would work but nope. It's been fun everyone, see you around! (And if I ever came across as an asshole I'm sorry!)
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:14 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

this was sort of interesting to watch
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:26 am

Post by thenewearth »

ehto GG
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:16 am

Post by brassherald »

I would like to apologize one more time for keeping everyone kind of on hold to end the game. I started the day like 70% sure it was HWS, and was at like 80 when he early voted for Alonzo, I just needed the time after I had finished my big work stuff to review his answer and the rest of the game and get to the 95% where I was comfortable ending the game. This would have been done in January if not for my job.

I did not play particularly well most of the game, but very glad to have been right at the end, and when it comes down to it, all that matters in the end is the win.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Nauci »

Gg everyone

I messed up this game oops

Brass, none of your cases were about Lollapalooza, were they?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:08 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 471, Nauci wrote:Gg everyone

I messed up this game oops

Brass, none of your cases were about Lollapalooza, were they?
Not unless by Lollapalooza you mean a break in at a bank that took place two years ago. I don't handle any personal injury cases anymore (Which I am very glad to have moved on from) and Lollapalooza sounds like a place a personal injury case would occur.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:26 am

Post by Cabd »

Yay!

IC posts incoming.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:44 am

Post by brassherald »

By the way, did you know Nauci actually called out the scum team Day 1? If we listened to her this game would have been so much shorter.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”