Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Vecna »

varsoon cant do basic math, we have a huge headstart and cults will double recruit.

were statistically favoured to outrace the cults if we can manage to land ~70% of our immunizations, disregarding all the unknow shit that we cannot influence with our votes here
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 191, Varsoon wrote:Hey, where's your awesome contributions that further the game towards a winnable state, Venmar?
Oh, no, just shitting on the people trying to figure this game out?
Okay.
Hmmm
In post 539, Varsoon wrote:Ya'll are overthinkin' this shit far too much given the info we actually have.
In post 564, Varsoon wrote:If you assume cult has infinite play-phase recruits, then it's stupid to ever try to strategize around it.
Cult leader could recruit fucking anyone ever period, it's dumb, don't worry about stupid shit like that.
In post 568, Varsoon wrote:Do you really think we're gonna outpace TWO cult recruits?
In post 569, Varsoon wrote:Especially when you silly cucks keep talking about how you're obviously going to switch your recruit target?
Oh.

I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 575, Vecna wrote:varsoon cant do basic math, we have a huge headstart and cults will double recruit.

were statistically favoured to outrace the cults if we can manage to land ~70% of our immunizations, disregarding all the unknow shit that we cannot influence with our votes here
how do we know if we land our immunizations

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 538, Gamma Emerald wrote:Thing is none of us *know* we're immune, besides Creature and Dunker thanks to flavor
suspicious of this sentiment since based on my role I KNOW FOR SURE if I am one or the other since it says my recruit status

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Vecna »

we cant, but it doesnt matter a whole lot.

we find and kill the cult leaders or we try and land as many immunities as wel can to form a bigger immune group than they can recruit.

thats all we can influence as the collective without a massclaim.

itll be upto the individuals with god knows what powers to do funky shit besides that. they can make assumptions aboit whether stuff went through or not.

mqybe later it can be backes up by reads/investigatibes or whatnot. for now, we just gotta try our best to land it.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 578, Venmar wrote:
In post 538, Gamma Emerald wrote:Thing is none of us *know* we're immune, besides Creature and Dunker thanks to flavor
suspicious of this sentiment since based on my role I KNOW FOR SURE if I am one or the other since it says my recruit status
its best not to try and extrapolate such things in a drealmerz setup. he likes to fuck with people by making role pms very random in the amount of info they provide
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Venmar »

well my role pm explicitly says if i can be recruited or not so i beg to differ

if the mod has decided to lie to me then i will be VERY,
VERY,
VERY
upset because the game in signups specified
no mod lies

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 579, Vecna wrote:we cant, but it doesnt matter a whole lot.
i mean, i think it does

mypoint.jpg isn't that your plan sucks, it's completely fine, it just kind of boils down to "hey guys, lets use our immunization as efficiently as possible and get it upon as many people as possible!", which to me a noshit.jpg thought process. it's complicated by the fact that i think cl's won't have a hard time working around any type of wagon shenanigans, and this game is inherently informationless with regards to how we use our immunisation.

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:44 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

IMMUNITY VOTE #1
Cerberus v666 - 7 - Varsoon, Gamma Emerald, Srceenplay, Vecna, Creature, mutantdevle, Chickadee,

Chickadee - 3 - Cerberus v666, JaydragonKing, Venmar,

JaydragonKing - 2 - The GoldenParadox, CheekyTeeky,

Nancy Drew 39 - 2 - northsidegal, Almost50,

Gamma Emerald - 2 - Lifthrasil, SnarkySnowman,

Varsoon - 2 - Boonskiies, Porkens,

mutantdevle - 1 - northsidegal,

-
it currently takes 13 votes on 1 player to attempt to make them immune to recruitment

if I have your vote in the wrong spot please let me know via PM
balance among all things
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 561, mutantdevle wrote:Inferno are you typically a defensive player or is there a specific reason you are this defensive over CL accusations?
A) Yes, I'm pretty defensive.
B) This is totally shading me as CL. I'm getting tired of this.
C) Why should I not be defensive when I'm being called CL for what looks to me to be legitimate play? My response to Gamma was me just misunderstanding what he was trying to say, but Venmar is a little irritating.
In post 569, Varsoon wrote:Especially when you silly cucks keep talking about how you're obviously going to switch your recruit target?
this is my point. Cult's going to wait until the real immunization looks like it's going to happen.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

Ya'll motherfuckers can spend 20 more pages worrying about shit that we have no idea of how to control, or we can fucking vote someone and finish the game.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:41 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

In post 585, Varsoon wrote:Ya'll motherfuckers can spend 20 more pages worrying about shit that we have no idea of how to control, or we can fucking vote someone and finish the game.
Honestly agree, but in a nicer tone so you'll listen to me.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 585, Varsoon wrote:Ya'll motherfuckers can spend 20 more pages worrying about shit that we have no idea of how to control, or we can fucking vote someone and finish the game.
Is this the way you fuckin' would want us to play your games?? "Just vote ro end the day"?? Would you be pleased if we did that to a game you worked so hard on the roles, balance, creativity and flavour? I DON'T THINK SO!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Jay: Theme Park is so much different than any other section on the site. There are special mechanics, unique roles.. etc. This is not an open where you know exactly what to do even if you mislynch a PR, nor is it a semi-open where you could still lynch for info. That and the MOD SPENT TIME creating this game. They put in effort to make the game enjoyable to both them and the players. Do you really want to treat it like a paper tissue that you blow your nose into then toss in the litter bin?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:38 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

I literally don't know what the hell is going on, and there's nearly 600 posts. What do I want at the moment? A chance to get to the second play phase to see if we actually learn some shit.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 589, JaydragonKing wrote:I literally don't know what the hell is going on, and there's nearly 600 posts.
Agreed.
What do I want at the moment? A chance to get to the second play phase to see if we actually learn some shit.
Not agreed LEt's actually figure out what hte hec we're doing before we aloow all of th actions to resolve, because that's just going to make D2 een more confusing.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Inferno390 »

EWBOP:
Not agreed. Let's actually figure out what the heck we're doing before we allow all of the actions to resolve, because that's just going to make D2 even more confusing.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Porkens »

OK, I think I have both cult leaders ;)
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Inferno390 »

People I'd like to hear more from:
NicoRobin
Dunkerdoodles
Ms Columbo
Lifthrasil
timewarp
Boonskiies
Sreenplay
Porkens
SnarkySnowman
TheGoldenParadox
mutantdevle
northsidegal

P-edit: Would you please elaborate?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 587, Almost50 wrote:
Is this the way you fuckin' would want us to play your games?? "Just vote ro end the day"?? Would you be pleased if we did that to a game you worked so hard on the roles, balance, creativity and flavour? I DON'T THINK SO!
Absolutely, if I create a game where there's no clear mod-confirmed reason not to vote to end the day.
Except that I can almost certainly guarantee that my games will have clear public mechanics so that players will actually be able to engage with them rather than speculate.
When our 'lynch' equivalent mechanic is so nebulous (we don't know if the player becomes immune, is culted, etc), we really don't have jack shit to work with beyond speculation.
Us voting to make someone cult-immune is so fargone from voting to lynch, I can't fathom how you'd draw a parallel.

We're in one of two boats right now, the way I see it:

Situation 1: Cults can't always recruit during the play phase due to limited mechanics.
Solution: We just immunize whoever we agree should be immune.
Situation 2: Cults can always recruit during the play phase.
Solution: We just immunize whoever we agree should be immune.

OH WOW SUCH THOUGHT NEEDED.

It's not as though this setup is crafted in a way where players need to spend time to grapple with and find solutions for public mechanics. As of this current play phase, at the start of the game, we have such little information that we should take the mechanics at face value rather than trying to outguess the mod/cults/cult mechanics.

I've spent plenty of time mulling over the particulars of the setup as far as I have concrete knowledge and it's nothing but dead ends.
There's no point in cult-hunting, because right now there's only 2 cult leaders, and even if we suss them out, we have no confirmed means of doing anything about them besides avoiding putting our immunize vote on them.
There's very little point in PR-hunting for immune players to avoid with our immunize vote, although I have yet to see any of you weaklings propose the idea that cult-immune players claim it at L-2.
There's no point in making an ordeal about who we immunize, because cult can ALWAYS just wait until the vote gets to L-1 before shooting their recruit at the wagon and, as players, we've made it fairly obvious when we're planning to run a candidate up and actually lynch them or not.

Basically, any given strategy right now is a waste of time outside of just progressing to pause phase so we can have more of a handle on the setup.
If you disagree, you're literally wrong, but, ayy, whatever, continue to waste time arguing the semantics of a 90% blind setup.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 589, JaydragonKing wrote:I literally don't know what the hell is going on, and there's nearly 600 posts. What do I want at the moment? A chance to get to the second play phase to see if we actually learn some shit.
And you won't have any closer of a grasp on the game if we waste another 600 posts jerking off around obfuscated mechanics.
At face value, we should vote for someone to be immune to being a part of the cult.
That's what we should use our vote for on D1 because assuming anything beyond that is all WIFOM.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I’m taking applications for being in the hammer planning committee. I would like a total of 3 including myself where we just hammer anyone at L-3.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:04 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I don't get why people are complaining that the plan of running someone up high to lure the recruitment to them and then all unvoting so that our immunisation actually goes through on whoever we target next is such a bad idea. Obviously, the clan leaders will be expecting we will unvote and hence will not recruit until we choose a different wagon, in which case we can just hammer the current wagon and they don't get to recruit at all. But of course, if we all start following this plan then the cult leaders will expect us to hammer so will just recruit our first wagon to block our vote from having any meaning. But then we can just unvote instead again to make such an action redundant.

Overall, the whole process is WIFOM. So don't you see? From us just agreeing to the
possiblity
of a mass unvote puts the cult leaders in an uncomfortable situation where they may risk not being able to recruit at all if they are trying to make our vote pointless. This will hence discourage them a little from doing that which gives us more power and increases the likelihood our immunisation will go through. So even if you don't actually plan to, I think everyone should state that they would be willing to participate in a mass unvote to put more pressure on the cult leaders and make it harder for them to figure out which way the WIFOM will swing.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:17 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 584, Inferno390 wrote:B) This is totally shading me as CL. I'm getting tired of this.
I'm not specifically saying you are a cult leader, but it wouldn't surprise me if you were and I can see why others think that, and you defensiveness doesn't help. I understand being defensive, I can be quite defensive too at times, but you started heavily defending yourself from a single accusation against you and it feels like an overreaction. Combine this with how scummy you come across at times and I think you'd look to most as the most plausible clan leader. Of course, players are going to be scummy at times since, unless you are unrecruitable, you are not strictly 'town'. But your scumminess feels more anti-survivor than it does anti-town.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:21 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 317, Dunkerdoodles wrote:oh btw im unrecruitable so don't bother trying
In post 417, drealmerz7 wrote:I would like to inform all of you that only Virgins may be recruited, the number of you totaling 16
In post 417, drealmerz7 wrote:Creature and Dunkerdoodles have recently been spotted sneaking out of the toolshed out back - hair and clothes all askew Perhaps they should erase the V?

Virgin count: 14
Is it just me or does this imply that Dunker lied to us? He claims he is unrecruitable yet the flavour suggests Dunker
was
recruitable but now isn't. I'm not sure what this means for Dunker, but I really want to know what he has to say about losing his virginity to Creature, like some clarification from people who know what the flavour means would be nice.
I mostly just lurk now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”