Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1672, RadiantCowbells wrote:For the record I think Texcat is my backup scumpartner for Mozamis.

I'm going to stop for a second and do some reading.
Please address what I bolded in my last post at him, because that one is making me want to run the full train on him.
It's frustrating because Moz's whole back and forth with me about lies makes me wnt the full train on him as well.
Maybe I'm just fooling myself and both are scum and it doesn't matter, but the niggle in me is like 'odds are at least one is town derping right now' yeah?

@Max - he was voting HWS before the wagon though (unless I'm totally making things up in my head) does that or does it not effect your read?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1674, Thor665 wrote:I'll agree making a decent case can be hard, but the question naturally comes 'does he do it as town or not'.
I'll also note that being generally paranoid and attacking everyone is actually a not too shabby town tell in my experience.
I don't agree with the characterization of generally paranoid and attacking everyone, his transitions feel very scummy
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Maxous »

That's actually what I thought myself before the reread.
In hindsight he voted HWS very early, dropped the read shortly after, called HWS town for most of the day and then regained a HWS scumread near the end of the day once he was looking like a plausible lynch.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:27 pm

UNVOTE:

Want some time.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@RC - His transitions are certainly scummy in a fast way. But I think speed from scummy and speed from paranoia are very similar.
Like, the read on me basically boiled out of nothing, went full bore, and then died instantly. I'll agree that feels iffy, as does the EP shift.

The HWS shift on Day 1 felt a lot more organic - really most of his shifts Day 1 felt organic.
So I'd say I see scum transitions Day 2, but town Day 1.
Do you see something different?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@RC - I ISO skimmed and really am not seeing the town read n HWS from Moz.
Can you support that call with a link or two?
Seems like a fairly consistent scum read.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1680, Thor665 wrote:@RC - I ISO skimmed and really am not seeing the town read n HWS from Moz.
Can you support that call with a link or two?
Seems like a fairly consistent scum read.
Sorry
above is
@Maxous
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 225, mozamis wrote:maybe i am just a sucker for effort, but i am quite liking Hewhoswims catch up posts So:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bellaphant
In post 227, mozamis wrote:VOTE: Beef
that list...scummy, empty BS.
Bella, Beef, Klick scum team?
In post 260, mozamis wrote:Swims and Money town - so much content.
@ Thor - i guess i meant "changed his vote", not "changed his mind". He changed his vte when someoenasked him why he was voting Cult. looked like scum panicing to me.

P.O.E town: Moz, thor, swims,money,flubber,maxous and cult.

Lynch in: Penguin (drops out of town bloc because no scumhunting yet),Bella, Beef, errant,klick,tex
so we got to the coin flip stage! :)
my scum team is prob. bella, beef and ??? atm
In post 281, mozamis wrote:
In post 260, mozamis wrote:P.O.E town: Moz, thor, swims,money,flubber,maxous and cult.

Lynch in: Penguin (drops out of town bloc because no scumhunting yet),Bella, Beef, errant,klick,tex
so we got to the coin flip stage! :)
my scum team is prob. bella, beef and ??? atm
Town= Moz, beef, thor, swims, money, flubber, max and cult.
Lynch in: penguin, bella, errant, klick and tex.
more likely to hit scum than not!

VOTE: Bellaphant
In post 441, mozamis wrote:
In post 281, mozamis wrote:Town= Moz, beef, thor, swims, money, flubber, max and cult.
Lynch in: penguin, bella, errant, klick and tex.
more likely to hit scum than not!
town = moz,beef,thor,swims,money,flubber,max,cult,radiant
scum in: Transcend, Errant, klck, tex
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 1671, Thor665 wrote:If you think Moz is town why are you spending time attacking my townread of him as opposed to attacking my scumread of you?
That's scummy as hell.
I thought I was attacking your townread on Klick, which I think is wrong, and tried already to explain why. And I'm still not sure about your reasoning of if Klick and Moz are town, then Tex is scum, and if Tex is scum, then Moz is town. But OK.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:43 pm

In post 1573, texcat wrote:
In post 1570, Beefster wrote:I don't think there's any disputing a confirmed tracker. If RC followed mozamis to the kill, either he's lying or mozamis is scum. We'll know for sure which one it is after we lynch mozamis.

VOTE: mozamis

I think that's where my vote was already, so I guess I'm reparking my vote.
This post may be the most ridiculous of the game. Beefster, why are you intentionally ignoring ???? We already know that RC was lying. Is it an effort to get Moz lynched? Or is this somehow supposed to get you town cred?
I could lynch this I guess
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Max - so the section you're seeing is him townreading him after RVS for a handful of days before any wagon even forms he starts scumreading him again?

@Tex - that's fair enough, I misrecalled the conversation.
My other responses are still rather valid, want to address them?

If both Klick and Moz are town then you're scum because I really doubt zero scum bussed - I'm not sure what's confusing about that stance. Do you think zero scum bussed? (I will presume not since you're saying Klick is scum) so, same logic.
Make sense now?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:10 pm

I doubt zero scum bussed.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:11 pm

@Thor if tex is scum the partner is almost certainly in {EP, Maxous}
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:20 pm

Add klick I guess
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Easiest answer to me would be Ep
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:31 pm

though I guess maxous is kind of easy too, just in a different direction
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Yeah I would say that

most of the time

tex scum is a win if you follow up with EP and Maxous
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 1685, Thor665 wrote: @Tex - that's fair enough, I misrecalled the conversation.
My other responses are still rather valid, want to address them?

If both Klick and Moz are town then you're scum because I really doubt zero scum bussed - I'm not sure what's confusing about that stance. Do you think zero scum bussed? (I will presume not since you're saying Klick is scum) so, same logic.
Make sense now?
Yeah, thanks. I get that there was probably a scum on the HWS wagon, but disagree obviously with where you think it is.

I don't want to address them, but I will give it a shot.
In post 1671, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1669, texcat wrote:Klick could be town asking RC legitimately trying to firm up his read of HWS. Or it could be scum trying to decide whether to start bussing HWS, particularly the part about how few people are giving HWS townreads.
WHat makes you think the latter is more/equally likely?
I think scum worry more about others' reads than town does. They particularly are concerned about reads of scummates, like HWS.
In post 1669, texcat wrote:Nor does it automatically make them town.
Agreed.
Except I'm not saying it does, whereas you're bringing it up as though it *is* a valid argument for them to be scum.
If it's not a valid town argument, then it is equally not a valid scum argument. A tell is either alignment telling or it is not.
Which are you claiming here?
And if you answer 'not telling' then why bring it up in the first place?
And if you answer 'scumtell' then please explain why you believe that - because it's bollocks.
I was just trying to point out that your assumption of town!moz to get to scum!me was not an assumption that a lot of people agreed with.
In post 1669, texcat wrote:OK.
OK?
How about - do you agree or disagree with that stance and why?
I agree that Moz probably didn't bus his entire team. I disagree that Moz bussed me. He did vote me once yesterday after throwing up his hands and has always had me on his might be scum list. But OK, whatever, it isn't worth talking about since I know I'm not scum and I don't think Moz is scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:36 pm

If it's EP/Tex/HWS then scum played a very safe game, never pushed on each other, never seriously questioned each other. Until EP now started putting pressure on Tex while he thought that the wagon would go elsewhere because of my derptunnel.
If it's Maxous/Tex/HWS then we're looking at a lot of cross bussing and it still seems reasonable because some of the associatives feel bad but does seem marginally less likely than just slew of lurkerscum
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:36 pm

It's worth pointing out that at no point did either Tex or HWS make any effort to get the EP wagon to go even though that was kind of free and they instead went on Beefster??? instead.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Yeah EP tex makes the most sense if we assume Tex scum and I REALLY REALLY dislike 1649 to the point of my initial impression being the reaction is so bad that it's likely SvS
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:39 pm

If I never play with CoA again I never have to be her vote bitch if I'm wrong.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:49 pm

In post 1351, RadiantCowbells wrote:RC is town or go smurf yourself
Flubber is town
Beefster is very likely town
Mozamis probtown I guess
CoA is still probtown (not 100%sies, will get there)
don't have a lot of reason but think Maxous town

EP ??? do content
Thor meh. I originally read him town.

that leaves Klick and Texcat, both of whom have kind of bad jumps at the end of the wagon and make sense as partners
maybe this was right
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1655, RadiantCowbells wrote:for starters what do these two games have in common with regards to aristophanes and chara

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=74699
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73079

you have a player who as scum hides behind the meta shield of being known for being bad as scum
they are both objectively scummy in both games: I wanted to lynch Ari right when I replaced in and Chara I had as lockscum in spite of meta

they became unlynchable because the people who knew them refused to take my read seriously because they thought they knew better.

people get better as scum. I agree that mozamis has a shit scum game in the past that doesn't mean he'll have a shit scum game forever.

He has managed to in a significant way match his town tone that he hasn't before but he hasn't matched the playstyle, the stupid pushes the scum motivation none of that is characteristic in his town game.
Most importantly there's a complete absence of reconsideration and thoughtfulness that's present in his town game and he's just alternating derptunnel and loud AtE.
Okay, I'll concede this point. I actually have a unique perspective on that second game there because it was one of the first games I read and, unfamiliar with Aristo's meta, I scumread him just for his posting. I'll take another look at moz, independent of meta, but I wouldn't hold your breath if you're expecting a complete 180 here.
I don't want to be unnecessarily critical of your play CoA but you have a long history of incorrectly townreading people with similar playstyles.
On top of that, I get the impression from both this game and just general past history that, possibly because of Huntress? you have little to no respect for my town play
like you even ignored my advice when we were hydraing and it ended up (possibly! I'm not sure where math would have gone otherwise) costing us the game and you still don't take what I say seriously
This point, however, I will not concede. Not agreeing with you isn't the same as not taking you seriously. Of course I take you seriously and respect your town play – it's just that we disagree. I also disagree that that decision specifically was what cost us the game, but that discussion isn't particularly relevant.
EP is even worse because I don't understand how in hell you would make the decision that you want to go off of your own reads as opposed to sheep me.
I am probably going to get you lynched if I can't lynch Mozamis because it seems so, so uncharacteristic of you to give as few fucks as you do about my reads.
We have a super long history of me saying who the scum are, you fucking off and ignoring me, and me being right and given how our conversations about mafia have gone since then it's kind of flabbergasting that you're ignoring me and the only real answer I can think of is that you're scum right now, so.
When have I ever sheeped
anyone
? I also think you're overstating the degree of similarity between this situation and any previous situations.
In post 1696, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I never play with CoA again I never have to be her vote bitch if I'm wrong.
Bad thought.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:55 pm

CoA, what do you think about Tex/EP or Tex/Maxous?

Return to “Completed Open Games”