davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:55 am

Post by davesaz »

I'm willing to try to stay

Having access removed (it disappeared from bookmarks)
should
mean I'm no longer in it.
Having access show up when day starts
should
mean the chosen player is not there and therefore not under its powers until night is over.
If either of those things is false then I have serious doubts about the setup.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:00 am

Post by jjh927 »

I agree, but it's whether someone else got put in the tower or Gerry kicked you out or you get autokicked on Gerry's death. Also a matter of whether the person who did get put in the tower in your place before Gerry died, assuming such a person exists, would now have access to the (likely locked) PT regardless of whether or not they were permanently towerblocked in a way that means they know that they were towerblocked.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:00 am

Post by jjh927 »

Oh yeah and Boon needs to flavourclaim right now
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:10 am

Post by davesaz »

Now that I'm not trying to compete with hyperposters on a mobile device (and not raging which matters as well).

From the NAR wiki page:

Copy
Hide
Bus Drive
Block
Redirect
Protect
Miscellaneous
Kill
Recruit
Inspect

Gerry and I debated what his neighborize would be on this list, and whether his action was "neighborize and block" or "neighborize
then
block".
My assertion is that my redirect comes before neighborize. Redirect is ahead of both miscellaneous and recruit, so no matter which of those corresponds to neighborize it should go first.
I think it makes sense from a flavor, mechanics, and balance point of view for it to be neighborize then block.

Which returns us to, as long as I was not blocked by someone else, I still think my action succeeded and sheep targeted me, not fen.
This still does not clear fen, but it should return fen to the "doesn't necessarily have to be scum" pile.
With that in mind, if you consider either Fen or me to be likely (if not obv) town then we have a solution.
I don't think we need to know the tower disposition but I don't mind you asking. Just be aware that Alisae is most likely asleep and it will be a wait of several hours.
I'm in no hurry because I think that rational discussion will reveal that scum are in the people posting irrational arguments for scumspects who don't mechanically make sense.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:12 am

Post by jjh927 »

Uh, except NAR only comes into play when there's a conflict
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:13 am

Post by jjh927 »

Your role had no effect on Gerry's
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:15 am

Post by jjh927 »

And fwiw I should probably expand on my demand for Boon's flavour; I need more than just Alice in Wonderland because of how much shit there is attached to that. I need the rough of Alisae's interpretation
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:20 am

Post by davesaz »

Why does town boon not push any cases first 3 days and act like he's mystified by the whole thing, and then suddenly come in D4 claiming that he's obvtown by meta?

Pedit: The NAR question comes into play because of the possible effect of Gerry's role on mine.

@MOD: Does the Rapunzel role block night actions that occur on the same night of neighbourising, or does it only block actions on future nights?

I did not ask this question yesterday because Gerry asked that the neighborhood and its effects not be revealed. It was important that scum not be able to block him if he wanted to use the tower as a scum detector.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:21 am

Post by jjh927 »

Works same night. Hebi is evidence
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:23 am

Post by davesaz »

Not if hebi was unlovered by another action.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:33 am

Post by jjh927 »

Actually, new angle to get my 3rd conftown

Boon/Fench- the neighbourhood between Fenchurch and Hebi. When Fench and Hebi were mod confirmed town to each other, what was the kind of phrasing? Was it something that was more of an alignment check, or did Alisae actually explicitly state that they were both town?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:35 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3667, jjh927 wrote:Hippo did the thing where I'm now unblockable.
How do you know anything was done, and how do you know it was hiplop other than by believing his claim blindly?

There was quite a lot of discussion on whether your kill was on target or redirected. Comments?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:36 am

Post by jjh927 »

I got a message that told me I am now strongwilled and am as such unblockable and unredirectable
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:38 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3685, jjh927 wrote:Actually, new angle to get my 3rd conftown

Boon/Fench- the neighbourhood between Fenchurch and Hebi. When Fench and Hebi were mod confirmed town to each other, what was the kind of phrasing? Was it something that was more of an alignment check, or did Alisae actually explicitly state that they were both town?
If it's posted in the thread by the mod then I'll believe it.
(Hint: you don't need another conftown :cool: )

Pedit: thanks, now what if that's a scum action to make themselves look conftown.
Hint: would scum more likely be worried about your shooting so far, or happy with your choices?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:40 am

Post by jjh927 »

Um, I WANT another conftown. If I can POE the scum down to 3 people, such as you, Boon and Hippo, then we win. We have 2 lynches and a suicide.

There's no way that Shep wasn't scum, and actions that involve moderators giving false information are bastard
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Alisae »

VC
GTKAS
| here.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:42 am

Post by jjh927 »

So yeah I don't actually give a shit if you believe it or not. If Boon and Fench both confirm that the beast hood mod confirmed Fench as town rather than being more of an alignment check thing, then you're last on the list of people who could be required to die, but you are on the list
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:43 am

Post by davesaz »

People can say anything they like, like hey I'm confirmed town with joe, but if the mod doesn't say it then it isn't true.
You may trust them, that's your prerogative.
I don't. Nothing is ever confirmed until the mod says it publicly.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:44 am

Post by davesaz »

Evidently Alisae is not in the timezone that I thought, or keeps different hours day to day.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:44 am

Post by jjh927 »

Well you're bad at logic then
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:45 am

Post by jjh927 »

If Boon and Fench both agree then either they're both scum or they're telling the truth.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:47 am

Post by davesaz »

So sheep was town and they're both scum?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Alisae »

A
l
s
o
h
e
y
f
r
i
e
n
d
s

C
a
n
w
e
N
O
T
t
h
r
e
a
t
e
n
t
o
r
u
i
n
m
y
g
a
m
e
p
l
e
a
s
e
?

T
h
a
n
k
s
GTKAS
| here.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:48 am

Post by jjh927 »

Alisae just confirmed how my role works for today! Apparently I can shoot people who get L-1ed to be the leader or I can shoot the leader.

I don't think I'll do either though although I have thought of a scenario that might work but there's probably some risk somewhere
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:48 am

Post by davesaz »

What exactly is it you think they both say?

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”