Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2146, Radja wrote:it's not because you haven't fakeclaimed a role before that you're not going to start doing it at some point. It's useless information unless you're trying to use a trust tell in which case you'll get banned for it. So STOP it already.
You're not understanding me.

I purposefully don't fakeclaim as town even when it would benefit me because that destroys credibility in my town meta. I don't believe a word Mulch says now because of all his fakeclaims. Plus it means he can get away with it as scum. I just lost to a Firebringer that fakeclaimed as scum but people were like LOLFIREBRINGER.

I specifically worded my claim to make sure I was only hardclaiming Fruit Vendor and never actually claimed Loyal.

And no, I'm not gonna get banned for that, it's a trust tell that literally only works when I'm town.

It means there are 3 options:
1. I'm town telling the truth
2. I'm scum lying
3. I'm scum fruit vendor
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2142, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 1881, UC Voyager wrote:word from creature says havingfitz!scum as well as titus ad chesskid. I actually agree... VOTE: havingfitz titus can go tomorrow.

other than that
I would absolutely fucking love to hear about what made you agree with Fitz being scum given that, the only time you ever meaningfully mentioned LLD, you described her in ways that seemed like pretty comprehensively town.
Spam Squad's read on LLD was extremely flawed.

Spam Squad knew Cabd was scum in the other game, because Mulch was scum with Cabd.

I think Creature's shifting reads on LLD had to do with that. But I want to hear UCV's explanation.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Radja »

I can't shake the thought that Titus is the only one who would shoot A50.

Then again LLD-Transcend both being scum? That seems weird.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Mathdino »

That's a wagonomics question for sure. LLD wagon was specifically framed as an attempted alternative to Titus. A wagon Titus never actually joined, hilariously enough. Also fitz with fitz (heh) not joining the Titus question.

I defer to those with VCA master skills.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 2147, Mathdino wrote:LLD/Elena scumteam REQUIRES that LLD claiming to not know who Elena is (MariaR) was faked. I recommend people read that interaction before we go down that route.
Yes. That's absolutely the sort of thing they would fake together - LLD also ignored Elena saying who she was... twice I think before she acknowledged it? From memory. That's kind of overacting, even.

Elena is known to ask her scum partners to bus her and that just looked like a pretty dramatic bus to me. If LLD and Elena rolled scum together would you expect anything less? These interactions are incredibly SvS.

Bins wrote:I can't decide between Elena/Titus, but one of them is scum!
Can I convince you that Titus is town and Elena is scum with winky faces and hearts?
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Mathdino »

Oh hey Raybells got lynched too.

That's 5 players who are the most likely on their team to pick scum and picked scum.

GG HATERS
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Radja »

Mathdino, I want to believe you're town but I think I just have issues with the way you play the game.

p-edit: well A50 flipped town and he was most likely to pick scum too.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Mathdino »

The way I play this game got LLD lynched, wrecked the A50/Titus wagons, and called Boonscum and Katsukitown.

I welcome criticism on what I could be doing to win more games as town.

A50 was also so obvtown it hurt. Remember that I backed off A50 pretty quickly after he actually started getting involved.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Bins »

Yes but A50 was still anti-town
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 am

Post by T-Bone »

I don't think you had as much to do with any of those things as you think you did.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 2147, Mathdino wrote:LLD/Elena scumteam REQUIRES that LLD claiming to not know who Elena is (MariaR) was faked. I recommend people read that interaction before we go down that route.

Elena scum does make sense in terms of discrediting the Choose Your Side meta argument that turned out to be correct with the following players:
LLD
Mulch
Boonskiies
mastina

But that may not matter to this game specifically.
all players who clearly weren't smart enough to think it over between picking alignments.
Also as I said Gerry and Dunn pref scum and they would've taken it over me but you keep ignoring this fact
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

I'd like to think I was an active voice in the lld wagon tyvm
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Mathdino »

mastina seems to disagree (along with another team I think? RC?). I'm actually okay with leaving you alive for now on the assumption that your team got no scum PMs to begin with.

Keychain, gimme an Elena Fisher scumpartner. Seems like a risky/low-info lynch to me.

@T-Bone: Bro if I pushed Titus she would've been lynched far before the fitz wagon took off. My vote + A50's vote + one other is gg.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Radja »

In post 2157, Mathdino wrote:The way I play this game got LLD lynched, wrecked the A50/Titus wagons, and called Boonscum and Katsukitown.

I welcome criticism on what I could be doing to win more games as town.

A50 was also so obvtown it hurt. Remember that I backed off A50 pretty quickly after he actually started getting involved.
The only thing that hurt was reading this game tbh.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:05 am

Post by T-Bone »

Dude, you have 500 posts and the rest of us have 125 a pop. If anything, things are getting done in spite of you, because you're a huge barrier. No one can talk around you, no one can interact with anyone else without you getting in the way. Then, you came into Day 2 bragging about how obvious town you were, and decided that because of that you had this huge clout to try and 'pull a gambit'. These are not things that are particularly endearing. Now, they are great if you are scum...not so much if you are town.

And you also targeted a now dead player. The iceberg you are trying to stand on continues to melt. That's why I suggested you slow your roll. I have tried very hard to not complain about your volume posting, because I get why you might feel compelled to do it as town. But now I am asking, if you are town, chill the fuck out. I'm not asking you to change who you are, change your playstyle, or anything like that, just chill out. If you are town stop overtly acting like scum. Why should I or anyone else think that you aren't at this point?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Mathdino »

Okay, so give me the benefit of the doubt when I say I'm not responding to you right now out of pride (although if this were post-game I probably would).

Your argument is ludicrous.

I'm claiming a role that self-confirms. Supposing I were lying scum, why would I do this? Do you expect me to just say "WHELP I GUESS I WAS ROLEBLOCKED" every night until LyLo?

In other words,
how EXACTLY does it destroy my credibility that I targeted the NK?

Furthermore, I literally said that I planned this gambit from halfway through D1 with relation to the "stonewall the Bins lynch to dodge the NK" strategy (I was originally gonna claim Disloyal but that's non-normal). I get that you don't like it. But to claim to everyone that me gambiting like this hurts my
credibility
is balls.

I'm not comfortable yet with the Elena lynch. It seems like it's reaching for too much. On that, I want KMD/GL to weigh in.
VOTE: T-Bone
But I do wanna see this as an option, based on his involvement pushing against the LLD wagon, pushing against the meta argument, and counterwagoning.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 2157, Mathdino wrote:The way I play this game got LLD lynched
Uhhh RC
vehemently
wants you to stop taking all the credit for the lynch after the "hubris" comment you made when he called her scum.
In post 1035, Mathdino wrote:See I would really not be surprised if RC couldn't read LLD for shit and is coasting on hubris on this one.
Incidentally pretty much everything I've said this dayphase is from him, if people would prefer arguments from RadiantCowbells over Keychain.

Mathdino wrote: Keychain, gimme an Elena Fisher scumpartner. Seems like a risky/low-info lynch to me.
She's the scum left adrift after the LLD lynch - that's not risky or low info. Plus it's Day 2. Priority is lynching scum, not lynching for info.

Elena Fisher wrote: all players who clearly weren't smart enough to think it over between picking alignments.
Also as I said Gerry and Dunn pref scum and they would've taken it over me but you keep ignoring this fact
They may prefer it but you are better at it, so I've heard.

Also who said A50 was most likely to pick scum? RC says he really doesn't like it.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Mathdino »

I was the first one to say that. I voted him in my first post over it.

I would actually not prefer RC arguments tbh. His scumflip very slightly decreases the chance that you're town by team composition. Him strategising your game for you has obvious implications. I'm otherwise okay hearing his reads, but I'm really not okay with him deciding what you do. Ruins your readability.

And lol at how hurt his feelings were that I called him arrogant :lol:

Gimme thoughts on T-Bone.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Radja »

In post 2165, Mathdino wrote:I'm claiming a role that self-confirms. Supposing I were lying scum, why would I do this? Do you expect me to just say "WHELP I GUESS I WAS ROLEBLOCKED" every night until LyLo?
Nobody's doubting your role claim(I think?), but since there's no way you can confirm your alignment, your role doesn't matter at this point.

P-Edit: I said A50 was most likely to pick scum. This was discussed on day 1.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Mathdino »

In shading me for targeting the NK, I'm assuming T-Bone believes I'm lying about my role.

@Mod:
What result would a tracker get if they tracked a mafia member who performed the factional kill AND targeted someone? What if the mafia member killed and targeted the same person?

Also where did you say that? I'm legit checking your ISO and I can't find a single instance of you using that against A50. Literally the first post of the game was me saying A50 was scum by team composition.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Radja »

I didn't use it as an argument, I mentioned it a couple of posts ago as a reaction to your claim that people who were most likely to pick scum were all flipping scum.

link
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

keychain what made you think I like to be bussed? That's incorrect
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Tbone

Let's do this.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2153, Mathdino wrote:That's a wagonomics question for sure. LLD wagon was specifically framed as an attempted alternative to Titus. A wagon Titus never actually joined, hilariously enough. Also fitz with fitz (heh) not joining the Titus question.

I defer to those with VCA master skills.
Tbh, shading me is something villas could do not knowing I was town. I didn't vote my counter which looks bad.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2164, T-Bone wrote:Dude, you have 500 posts and the rest of us have 125 a pop. If anything, things are getting done in spite of you, because you're a huge barrier. No one can talk around you, no one can interact with anyone else without you getting in the way. Then, you came into Day 2 bragging about how obvious town you were, and decided that because of that you had this huge clout to try and 'pull a gambit'. These are not things that are particularly endearing. Now, they are great if you are scum...not so much if you are town.

And you also targeted a now dead player. The iceberg you are trying to stand on continues to melt. That's why I suggested you slow your roll. I have tried very hard to not complain about your volume posting, because I get why you might feel compelled to do it as town. But now I am asking, if you are town, chill the fuck out. I'm not asking you to change who you are, change your playstyle, or anything like that, just chill out. If you are town stop overtly acting like scum. Why should I or anyone else think that you aren't at this point?
high volume posting is nai. What is dino attempting to accomplish fypov?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”