Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2069, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 2067, beeboy wrote:
In post 2066, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 2046, Antihero wrote:don't like maki's persistent insistence on venreck being all town
*tilts head*
it's okay most people don't like things they don't understand.
Drealmerz.png
PREACH
eh wot m8
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Y'all put up 20 pages since I got to work this morning. So, again, Imma just gonna skim this and not read very closely.

Yes, it's unfortunate I read scum in almost every pair (or, at least, each pair has someone I would lynch in them). It's also not helping me sort my reads that I can't tell which way is up among all the noise.

My read on Dunnstral is pretty much just the early light scumread I had plus Maki saying Dunn was scummy. Then, he was overly defensive of my light scumread. That's it. I haven't retained any other information.
Venmar
, does that change your opinion you expressed in 1611?

I really read Venmar as town for his back and forth with chesskid. I don't think Venmar town has that much swagger in his back and forth and isn't as willing to go toe-to-toe with chesskid. I guess that doesn't matter if they're BOTH scum, but that's a lot of associative bullshit for right now.

After Antihero's blessing, I'm fine going VOTE: Shiro for now.

Okay great, I've gone 3 pages in 15 minutes. Nope.
Just gonna CTRL+F my name in each page now and see if I'm needed anywhere.
If someone has something actually interesting they want me to comment on, they can link me.

Ah, here we go.

#1734: Chess, if I wanted you/Elli dead, I would make it happen. I don't subscribe to the Cheetory school of town play where "well that person is probably scum, and I have a good feeling about it, but eh it probably won't happen today so let's just bide our time". I think you each did something scummy. I'm not PUSHING you. If I was, my vote would be on you, and you would know it. This attempt to paint me as doing something exaggeratory is duly noted, though.

#1741: Chess is right. I hate spam a lot. However, I think I would be more likely to let the spam pass me by if I were scum, considering I've called out "complaining about the game instead of content" as a scumtell before, and I'd want to avoid it. I've also called out self-meta as irrelevant before, so ignore this entire post! ;)

#1765: I buy beeboy's shift on his read on me. He read me as town earlier, thought my read on him was getting stale, and finally evolves into a minor scumread.

#1767: Venmar, why did you say here you think me/chess are buddies but post AFTER this in our PT saying you were wondering about my read on chess?

#1775: Dunnstral's vote on me is empty, opportunistic, and bad. He doesn't even commit to one of me/Venmar being scum, he just says there's "one scum" in the pair.

#1839: Hey look at that, Elli's still listing me/Ven as a desired lynch without explaining thoughts within that pairing or even a reason as to why. HRMMMM.

#1893: I don't even know what the point of this Gamma post is. It's weird and out of place. It literally has no relevance to the game but still sets him up to transition onto a vote on me later?

#1949: Really don't like how beeboy is trying to narrow this down to "majority want to lynch" and throws three pairs in there, while writing off FB/Shir and GE/Harambe as "policy lynches". If scum shows up in those latter two sets, gonna have to do a hard look at beeboy's post here.

#2020: Shiro, why do you like my posts?

#2070: beeboy, why is my read on Dunn weird? Use your big boy words.

I'll just state, in general, when people are listing pairs, it would help to point to WHICH PERSON IN THE FUCKING PAIR YOU THINK IS SCUM/TOWN. Because otherwise, it's incredibly scummy to give yourself an out later like "oh ho ho I thought the OTHER person was scum".
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hrmmmm.

Actually.

VOTE: chesskid3

I can't explain exactly why because reasons. But suffice to say I think he would be reading me as town if he was being earnest.
And if he really thought he had me/Venmar dead to rights, he would be going a lot harder than he is.

Plus, Elli is another spicy pick for scum because he hasn't contributed shit to this game.
C'mon, Elli, put me through your magic meta tell analyzer. Claim your godly knowledge and prove I'm scum! There are something like 150+ games to analyze my play from. Have some fucking conviction.
green shirt thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

why should I be townreading you reck

what have you done this game that you wouldn't do as scum?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

What have I done this game as town that I wouldn't do as scum?

Burden of proof is on you, bud.

The only reason you've given for scumreading me (which came after your scumread on me) was that I was trying to "weakly push you and Elli" when I hadn't pushed you at all to that point.
The only other content you analyze is that me hating spamposting is NAI.

So please, enlighten the class.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Specifically, I think if you were metaing my hatred of spam, you, specifically, would view my spamhate as a towntell, not as NAI.

I'm agreeing it is NAI. But the confidence with which you claim familiarity with my spam hatred is sus.
green shirt thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Burden of proficiency is not on me that's actually not how it works.

If I can get a lynch through without a case I don't need to make one.

You seem to think townkid should be townreading you. So either you're 100% convinced we're not the same alignment or you want to refine your read, and this is me telling you that let's have a conversation assuming I'm townkid.

Why should I be townreading you?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

proof, proficiency whatever
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by beeboy »

What are the odds Reck pursues the Chesskid slot of all slots as scumscum here?
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by beeboy »

>can he reasonably win as scum
No
>does this by any means help his team removd Elli/Chess
No

Not sure how ballsy you 2009 peeps are though.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by beeboy »

Not sure what scum Reck gains by doing this.
Pushing Shiro then killing Anti at night makes this push a fuck ton easier.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

xRECKONERx wrote:Specifically, I think if you were metaing my hatred of spam, you, specifically, would view my spamhate as a towntell, not as NAI.

I'm agreeing it is NAI. But the confidence with which you claim familiarity with my spam hatred is sus.
In post 2081, chesskid3 wrote:Burden of proficiency is not on me that's actually not how it works.

If I can get a lynch through without a case I don't need to make one.

You seem to think townkid should be townreading you. So either you're 100% convinced we're not the same alignment or you want to refine your read, and this is me telling you that let's have a conversation assuming I'm townkid.

Why should I be townreading you?
Actually burden of proof does lie on you, btw, because odds are I am actually town and you've provided no reasoning to the contrary

From my POV you're either:
a) An idiot [totally possible, but it would make your admitted proficiency in other games you've been in with me a wild fluke]
b) Willfully withholding information in an anti-town fashion as town [and this is anti-town anyway and I have a really hard time distinguishing between that and scum]
c) Scum [since I don't think your townplay is a fluke, you're scum at worst, anti-town at best]

If you'd like to add some information to this to help me sort out, in the form of explaining fucking anything, you can start doing so.
green shirt thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Hmm just so I understand here you are admitting that you have seen me in games demolishing scumteams, and you've seen Elli do the same.
You've also, then, for the record, watched it make no sense to you as it's happening, right?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 2084, beeboy wrote:>can he reasonably win as scum
No
No

"go after town leader in hopes of being written off as too-ballsy-to-be-scum" is not an exotic trick

i'm not saying that's what reck is doing here but like... rly beeboy this isn't amateur hour
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Because if the answer to all of that is as expected, I don't see what the strenuous objection here is? Like, assuming you and Venmar are both town and correctly reading each other, then I got a read wrong so I'm dumb or scum because of that?

Rather than wanting to sit and work with me and towncase yourself for me to correct my course?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2088, Antihero wrote:beeboy is an amateur
lul
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 2085, beeboy wrote:Not sure what scum Reck gains by doing this.
i mean....

not if he's scum WITH shiro
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 2088, Antihero wrote:
In post 2084, beeboy wrote:>can he reasonably win as scum
No
No

"go after town leader in hopes of being written off as too-ballsy-to-be-scum" is not an exotic trick

i'm not saying that's what reck is doing here but like... rly beeboy this isn't amateur hour
I think as scum Reck making a risk here isnt the worst idea I am more just thinking that it isnt a great risk since it is making it a lot harder on his team to ever lynch Chisskid by pushing him.
Unless Chesskid/Elli are scum or he is hoping people think that.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

That's cool the dan clock has started, since that slot should be pretty confidently town by sheep.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 2091, Antihero wrote:
i mean....

Scum dont need to survive they need to lynch every single toan/town pairing excluding thete night kill.
I dont see scum defending low survivability slots?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I mean PoE is doubly devastating in this game right so even the worst scumslot they'll likely try to get 1 T/T pair for.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Post by beeboy »

I dont want to read Reck based on this page alone let me look at his entire ISO again.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 2094, beeboy wrote:
In post 2091, Antihero wrote:
i mean....

Scum dont need to survive they need to lynch every single toan/town pairing excluding thete night kill.
I dont see scum defending low survivability slots?
>bc there's no regular nightkill every scum lynch adds another mislynch they need to get to win. not bussing means shorter game, which is generally better for scum for obvious reasons
>shiro lynch is far from a done deal. fire's already looking unwilling to suicide and last i counted there are........ two votes on fireshiro. takes 8
>idk why you're even trying to second guess this. if you're town you're not going to be able to
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2087, chesskid3 wrote:Hmm just so I understand here you are admitting that you have seen me in games demolishing scumteams, and you've seen Elli do the same.
You've also, then, for the record, watched it make no sense to you as it's happening, right?
In post 2089, chesskid3 wrote:Because if the answer to all of that is as expected, I don't see what the strenuous objection here is? Like, assuming you and Venmar are both town and correctly reading each other, then I got a read wrong so I'm dumb or scum because of that?

Rather than wanting to sit and work with me and towncase yourself for me to correct my course?
I have seen you demolish scumteams in games.
I have not seen Elli do that, I don't think. That's why he was the bastard stepchild member of Screaming Death Clan ;)

I am not scum so your read for me makes no sense and is half-cooked, which is why I'm immediately suspicious.
townChess doesn't do anything half-assed.

Every time I've seen you do demolish scumteams in games, I've been on the same wavelength as you, and have seen what you've seen (sometimes, before you have).

I guess what's throwing me off here is that:
I haven't seen you be wrong.
I know you are wrong here.
Knowing you are wrong, I see the megafaults in your play and don't see you expressing any logic or reason as to why I'm scum.

There are plenty of reasons to paint me as scum.
I even commented to Venmar in our PT that I'm having trouble with this game because i sit down to make posts that are my honest thoughts and after I press submit I read them and it's like I'm seeing myself in third person in an out of body experience. I have made plenty of posts that, if I were in the game with myself, I'd be pressuring and pushing hard. I'm being honest with myself in that I've made some plays that I think would be pretty easy to paint as scummy, and I don't know why that is this game.

But...you're not doing anything to paint me as scum.
There's no righteous fury burning in your belly that I usually see when you're so cocksure about a scumread.
And, I know you're wrong, which is something I don't quite know how to process right now.
green shirt thursdays
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Antihero »

VOTE: fireshiro

reck, come on back over here

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”