Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hey, guys, wanna run a game of mafia inside this game? Like, I'll keep votecounts and moderate/handle flips. Kill will be on a random non-scum member. Just use bold lynch tags for voting instead of normal vote tags.
Then we can have our cake and eat it, too.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Sure!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Obviously, it'd have to be mountainous, nightless, and with a kill on a random townie since we can't really co-ordinate a scum PT sort of situation. Wonder what the ratios should be to balance that. Hm.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 1273, Chickadee wrote:I don’t like the idea of limiting ourselves like that, but I do like the idea of getting down to business.

I can protect someone from being recruited but they won’t be able to do anything if they have an ability. Just FYI.
I’m
Just going to claim the other part of my role since I don’t have to worry about being killed by scum. I’m a pack of wild dogs. I’m addition to big shots, I can also chase someone, which means they cannot use actions and actions cannot be taken against them. That also means that they cannot be immunized while they are being chased. So it’s wise not to vote that person for immunizations. It’s also limited #. I have yet to use any of those but do plan to use one in the next phase and will announce.
You seem familiar with the show, do you have an idea how a pack of wild dogs fits with this theme? Except perhaps metaphorically?

Do you think cult do not have the ability to kill?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

idk how to do in-game sub-games, I thought masochist mafia would help but that one failed me
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by Vecna »

Funny how quickly golden dropped the nsfw thing after getting called out on all fronts

I still think Gamma is a CL.

Reasons:
-He was pissed after EOP1 - Later we learn (or do we?) that only 1 recruit went through. Coincidence? Maybe
-He was buddying up to me all throughout play1. After getting called a potential CL for it, his tone suddenly shifts 180, and he gets snappy with me over anything I say.
-We thought before he was softing he made creature and dunker cuddle up, but this mightve just been a fake announcement. Gamma was happy thinking he softed that though and didnt correct any of it.

Thats pretty much all I got. Cerberus' claim also doesnt really seem very in line with all other roles that are out there, but I couldnt really care less about getting into that.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Should we be taking these long pause phases as a sign that cults can’t talk during the play phase? I was assuming their PTs would always be open based on the “it’s always night” detail.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1281, Vecna wrote:Funny how quickly golden dropped the nsfw thing after getting called out on all fronts

I still think Gamma is a CL.

Reasons:
-He was pissed after EOP1 - Later we learn (or do we?) that only 1 recruit went through. Coincidence? Maybe
-He was buddying up to me all throughout play1. After getting called a potential CL for it, his tone suddenly shifts 180, and he gets snappy with me over anything I say.
-We thought before he was softing he made creature and dunker cuddle up, but this mightve just been a fake announcement. Gamma was happy thinking he softed that though and didnt correct any of it.

Thats pretty much all I got. Cerberus' claim also doesnt really seem very in line with all other roles that are out there, but I couldnt really care less about getting into that.
LOL I wouldn't get that up in arms as CL, I'm not a moron, I know sometimes actions fail
I never tried to really buddy you, all I think I did was state a TR on you. If you think that's buddying check your paranoia. Don't recall this 180 either.
I recall people thinking it was me who paired up those two, I was just amused at people thinking it had to be me if I was insisting it was an external party. I believe I specifically said just because I was saying that doesn't mean I was sure of it, or something like that.

Also I'm thinking if we massclaim I should very much go close to last. I have a hunch on someone and don't want to let them know why until they've fullclaimed.
<Embrace The Void>

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Would close to last actually be necessary, surely you’d just need to claim any position after they do?
I mostly just lurk now.
Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil
Goon
Lifthrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:31 pm

Post by Lifthrasil »

In post 1279, Ms Columbo wrote:
In post 1273, Chickadee wrote:I don’t like the idea of limiting ourselves like that, but I do like the idea of getting down to business.

I can protect someone from being recruited but they won’t be able to do anything if they have an ability. Just FYI.
I’m
Just going to claim the other part of my role since I don’t have to worry about being killed by scum. I’m a pack of wild dogs. I’m addition to big shots, I can also chase someone, which means they cannot use actions and actions cannot be taken against them. That also means that they cannot be immunized while they are being chased. So it’s wise not to vote that person for immunizations. It’s also limited #. I have yet to use any of those but do plan to use one in the next phase and will announce.
You seem familiar with the show, do you have an idea how a pack of wild dogs fits with this theme? Except perhaps metaphorically?
There is a scene in the movie where Rocky breaks his chains and escapes, whereupon Magenta releases the dogs who chase him back to the castle.

Two questions: what is a geriatric ruleset? And how would a game within the game work?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:55 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 1285, Lifthrasil wrote:

I’m
There is a scene in the movie where Rocky breaks his chains and escapes, whereupon Magenta releases the dogs who chase him back to the castle.

Two questions: what is a geriatric ruleset? And how would a game within the game work?
A geriatric ruleset is one where you can make a max of 10 posts a day and have a "reserve" of 20 posts that you can dip into if you exceed your daily limit.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:57 am

In post 1276, Varsoon wrote:Hey, guys, wanna run a game of mafia inside this game? Like, I'll keep votecounts and moderate/handle flips. Kill will be on a random non-scum member. Just use bold lynch tags for voting instead of normal vote tags.
No, we're not doing that- it'd get so complicated that a lot of players would hate you. If you want to run a game so badly, /in to mod in a queue. Don't utilize someone else's game to do it. That's rude and offensive to take the setup they've put so much time into and power struggle its way into its own game.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:39 am

Post by Chickadee »

I’m

Do you think cult do not have the ability to kill?
Someone else answered the dogs bit.

On the cults front, I have no clue.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil
Goon
Lifthrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:08 am

Post by Lifthrasil »

In post 1286, TheGoldenParadox wrote: A geriatric ruleset is one where you can make a max of 10 posts a day and have a "reserve" of 20 posts that you can dip into if you exceed your daily limit.
Ah thanks. In that case, no, I'm against doing that. Too much activity isn't exactly one of the problems of this thread!
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Ooh, could Golden be trying to reduce hunting in the thread even further than it actually is?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:48 am

[quote="In post 1290, Inferno390"][/quote]
No, I'm trying to limit off-topic or spammy posts.
Gamma, I disagree with #freesheep. He was banned for being underage. At the very start, he was told he couldn't be underage.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:55 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

... Um. Wrong thread, Golden?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Whoa. Was that a major cultslip?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

So, is this a polar night or something? I know "it is always Night over at the Frankenstein Place" but this Pause phase is taking too long.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Agreed, I want to get back into this. I think Golden and Gamma have been having a very long conversation...

Inferno390 GTKAS

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1293, Inferno390 wrote:Whoa. Was that a major cultslip?
Probably. Frankly, I've stopped reading the Paradox' posts, but yeah.. this could've been meant to be for the Cult PT, and it is directed at Gamma so it's even more probable.

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Chickadee, please tell me your vig was aimed at Gamma tonight.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

My guess is Chicka will never be able to shoot at any given day because "a certain someone" will keep blocking her.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1287, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1276, Varsoon wrote:Hey, guys, wanna run a game of mafia inside this game? Like, I'll keep votecounts and moderate/handle flips. Kill will be on a random non-scum member. Just use bold lynch tags for voting instead of normal vote tags.
No, we're not doing that- it'd get so complicated that a lot of players would hate you. If you want to run a game so badly, /in to mod in a queue. Don't utilize someone else's game to do it. That's rude and offensive to take the setup they've put so much time into and power struggle its way into its own game.
I think it'd actually have really interesting implications as far as the actual cult game goes and would get players far more engaged and interested in actually reading other slots.
But ayyy whatever.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”