Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1445, northsidegal wrote:could someone explain to me the rationale behind
not
no-lynching today? i see only benefits.
I don't really get what the benefits are tbh.

We're in 8 player mylo, and if we no-lynch, we're in 7 player lylo, most likely with Jay dead. I'm not really sure why that situation benefits us. Yes, there might be an unclaimed goon cop or tracker who can get another night of results, but they also might not exist and then all we have tomorrow is 7-player lylo with likely jay being dead, and we're basically exactly where we are now without Jay.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

lol
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Desperate scum is desperate
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1452, Not_Mafia wrote:Desperate scum is desperate
This was @ Sky
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1448, JaydragonKing wrote:4 out of 8 people have currently said 'No' to the No Lynch idea.
We need 5 people to No Lync
h or Lynch anyone for that matter.

See the problem?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm still not convinced jay is town but if nobody else holds this opinion then i'll just focus elsewhere today, i suppose.

i eagerly await sky paladin's reentrance.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

also not mafia is correct, it only requires 50% of players to no-lynch, not a majority as is the case for lynches.

things fall apart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1411, northsidegal wrote:why are montosh and sky town?

Elsa is locktown to me, by the way – never lynching there.
In post 1455, northsidegal wrote:
i'm still not convinced jay is town
but if nobody else holds this opinion then i'll just focus elsewhere today, i suppose.

i eagerly await sky paladin's reentrance.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

I thought we were no lynching so if elsa was town i wanted mafia to think that she was unlynchable and thus to shoot her (sorting her slot), and if she was mafia i wanted her to not consider me as a nightkill target.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

and thus we find out why talking about reads if we're no lynching is a bad idea.

things fall apart
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

No skitter it checks out. She trusts Elsa but thinks Jay is evil.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

:lol:

things fall apart
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1458, northsidegal wrote:I thought we were no lynching so if elsa was town i wanted mafia to think that she was unlynchable and thus to shoot her (sorting her slot), and if she was mafia i wanted her to not consider me as a nightkill target.
In post 1459, northsidegal wrote:and thus we find out why talking about reads if we're no lynching is a bad idea.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 1404, Not_Mafia wrote:You have no relevant results, 8p MyLo with you confirmed vs 7p LyLo without you is inconsequentially different, I'd sooner take the bet on an extra night of results from a potential goon cop and/or tracker, plus an extra night of you potentially stopping the NK
It's not inconsequentially different. If we're in 7 person Lylo then scum only need one townie on board to push a lynch through. And chances are scum kill off the most conftown person, so we're in no better shape.
In post 1415, skitter30 wrote:I think A50 was purposefully playing scummy day 1 so that he wouldn't eat the nk, but either he got shot anyways, scum hit their unrecruited traitor, or they also shot TW.

Any of those would explain the n1 death imo.

Of course, by protecting the vig kill he kinda made things rather confusing, but yeah.

I don't really see the benefit of a no lynch tbh.

I think scum is in {Montosh , nsg, sky, nm}, in that order, with the caveat that if nm is scum, sky probably is too.

Outside shot of screen, but I'm not really feeling it.

I don't think montosh is town like at all tbh.

Also while he explicitly believed Esp, he hesitated to actually vote TW because he didn't want to end the day early
. Like if he believed Esp there wasn't really a reason to hesitate; it was a probable guilty that needed to be resolved.

But he didn't actually end up on the wagon, and I think that's scum-indicative. I think scum hesitate to join the wagon of a probable/fake guilty because they know the participants in the 1v1 are town (or at least not groupscum), and don't want to commit (ie lay down a vote) on either side.
Nice try. I didn't want to quickhammer 24 hours into Day 2, and we never got a votecount so i was waiting on that and on some others to enter the thread. As it is we basically got nothing from Screen and lego yesterday.
In post 1426, Sky_Paladin wrote:I'm just running past to say

Not Mafia is probably scum for quickhammering before Jay could claim his results

have not read the thread and will be back in an hour
This also bugs me. Why'd you quickhammer NM? And why'd we put tw to L-1 with "Mr. quickhammer" in our game.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Montosh »

My list:

Screen
skitter
NM
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

... *knock**knock*... Anyone home?... Moderator?... Player?... Anybody?...
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:17 am

Post by legoboyvdlp »

In post 1425, JaydragonKing wrote:well basically, legoboy, Espeonage shoot Worst. Worst didn't die. we lynch Worst. Una and Esp die the following night.

you following so far?
Thanks. I am completely out of this game right now, I hope to catch up within the next while.
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:20 am

Post by legoboyvdlp »

So last night it looks like Esp killed Una?
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:22 am

Post by legoboyvdlp »

I have no reads.
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:22 am

Post by legoboyvdlp »

(Yet)
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:23 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

The second day only lasted about 24-hours, so unlike before you got enough time to read through it. Me and North had to replace in and read like 20 pages. You'll do fine.

You can even go to the first page and look at Dino's VC links to get to the start of day 2, if you don't know the page.

--- Post Edit ---

I'm assuming night one, but here.

Night One: I roleblock Una, Esp shoots worst, Almost protects Worst, Almost or Worst got shot by mafia.
Night Two: Esp shoots Una because there was no kills from the mafia, and mafia kill Espeonage.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm confident in srceen and NSG town at this point, also confident in Sky and Jay, lynching today transparently benefited scum Jay. skitter feels town, think last is between lego and Montosh, need to see more from lego to decide
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:17 am

Post by skitter30 »

So the thing with sky is that I kinda like their posts, and I want to townread them, but I'm aware that I have a tendency to townread a specific posting style regardless of alignment because I like the posts and the thought process behind them, and sky's posts are like right in that blindspot.

Like I like the posts and and the effort and I can understand what he's thinking, but I'm still not sure if they're actually *town* or if I just like the way he's posting, so I'm having trouble figuring out how to sort him properly.

And I'm not really sure what the utility of *maybe* claiming and outing a guilty before going on v/la for three days? (Like whey not just claim when you get back instead of leaving us to stew on this piece of info for three days?)

If he is fake-claiming though, he's been planning this at least since the end of day 1. At the point where he crumbed, there were already 2 claims: Jay and A50, and we know that Esp was also a PR.

So if he's (group)scum fake-claiming, he knew how many PRs there were, and whether it was safe to fake-claim. If there is actually more PRs, he had to gamble on there not being a goon cop, and I feel like this is kinda risky?

And I feel like the following largely substantiate the claim, but before he could elaborate the phase got derailed into the tw/esp thing.

Spoiler:
In post 1206, Sky_Paladin wrote:
This feels alignment informed
What an interesting choice of words you have used.

Could you please go in to some more detail on this.
In post 1207, Sky_Paladin wrote:Two down, one to go.
In post 1208, Sky_Paladin wrote:I think it's
probably
NSG/TheWorst/Screenplay but it miiiiight still be Skitter.

I'll be back in a little bit to expound on why this is so.

Also what do people think about in light of this?
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:10 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

Well this game seems to be going nowhere fast until Sky gets back then. Nice.

And Legoboy, I expect you to be caught up and give your full opinion soon enough.
legoboyvdlp
legoboyvdlp
Goon
legoboyvdlp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by legoboyvdlp »

In post 1449, Sky_Paladin wrote:I am going V/LA for the next 72 hours. When I will return I may or may not claim cop with a guilty on NSG as crumbed here and followed up here. I may or may not also have visited Not Mafia last night.
Is this a cop softclaim?

I await your answer before I contribute more. This might be important.

Return to “Completed Open Games”