Mini 1991: Taking Justice Into Our Own Hands (Town Win)

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

read the last paragraph of and first imagine that someone you know is a veteran player who's played multiple games before said it, and then imagine that a relatively newer player said it. isn't there a very different outcome depending on which angle you look at it from?

i'm deliberately being obtuse here because i'd rather not say what i'm looking for until cedrick answers.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 am

Post by Awoo »

Cedrick is kind of weird in the sense that he interprets what voting means a bit differently from the rest of us. Is that scummy? no its just weird. I'm not lynching this d1 just because he treats votes with more weight then they actually have. And don't bother trying to discuss with him back and forth "i dont get it why would you hammer him?" or something else on his weird (but not scummy!) behavior to try to fake a buildup of suspicion before voting him, I will see through it.

^ written before rb switched votes
v written before rb switched votes

I don't particularly like either of the people voting him. Also what luca said about mumble +1, but we all need to see more of mumble/lexa before making better reads, 'cause like I said that sort of interaction is just going to serve to make both sides look scummy. +1 to cedrick for looking out for fake aggression, mafia does that for sure.

VOTE: mumble -- Q hasn't posted in a while I gotta stay current. This looks good so far

rb - is Lexa VS mumble TvT, SvT, TvS, SvS? Your posts make it hard to discern what you are reading, please comment on this.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:01 am

Post by rb »

i dont make associations on day1, i just read players as they are. i really dont care if something is TvS/TvT or whatever at this stage
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 am

Post by rb »

In post 200, northsidegal wrote:read the last paragraph of and first imagine that someone you know is a veteran player who's played multiple games before said it, and then imagine that a relatively newer player said it. isn't there a very different outcome depending on which angle you look at it from?

i'm deliberately being obtuse here because i'd rather not say what i'm looking for until cedrick answers.
it really isnt relevant because he could be a shit or a good player regardless of how long hes played

mafia skill is relatively static because it relies a lot on individual personality and thinking patterns, moreso than experience which just helps you understand mechanics or meta people.

its honestly irrelevant and i think this will turn out to be useless, and im finding your scumhunting weak and i wanna lynch you toOOOOooooOooo
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

:roll:

you're not looking hard enough or you're deliberately ignoring what's there.

awoo, seeing what i'm seeing?

things fall apart
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:05 am

Post by rb »

if i was a dayvig i could win this game in one dayphase tbh
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:07 am

Post by rb »

In post 204, northsidegal wrote::roll:

you're not looking hard enough or you're deliberately ignoring what's there.

awoo, seeing what i'm seeing?
what youre seeing is most likely a false positive and not related to how long someones been on the site
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:07 am

Post by rb »

DAYVIG: NORTHSIDEGAL
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:09 am

Post by northsidegal »

lol

things fall apart
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 am

Post by Awoo »

idk i can think of a few different things so im probably not seeing it, will assume you know what you're doing until i have reason to believe otherwise
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:11 am

Post by rb »

in the meantime feel free to do any actual scumhunting

is this one of those games where i find allthescum on day1

i found allthescum didnt i
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:12 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 203, rb wrote: it really isnt relevant because he could be a shit or a good player regardless of how long hes played

mafia skill is relatively static because it relies a lot on individual personality and thinking patterns, moreso than experience which just helps you understand mechanics or meta people.

its honestly irrelevant and i think this will turn out to be useless, and im finding your scumhunting weak and i wanna lynch you toOOOOooooOooo
why assume that whatever i'm talking about has something to do with skill and not something to do with mechanics?

things fall apart
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:13 am

Post by rb »

Luca Blight is townlean
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:14 am

Post by rb »

In post 211, northsidegal wrote:
In post 203, rb wrote: it really isnt relevant because he could be a shit or a good player regardless of how long hes played

why assume that whatever i'm talking about has something to do with skill and not something to do with mechanics?
even more impotent scumhunting then

let me know when you get to the part of actually playing the game, because ur avi is cute and i dont wanna have to lynch u just yet
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:16 am

Post by northsidegal »

not continuing this conversation.

things fall apart
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:17 am

Post by rb »

does that mean youlll actually look for scum now?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:18 am

Post by rb »

im going to bedDdDDDdDd
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:22 am

Post by rb »

Also Cedricks main account will be at least a few months old (over 6) because hes thrown out about half a dozen mafiascum buzzwords in seamless conversational tone, with the right context and application.

hes not new to mafiascum at all
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:24 am

Post by numberQ »

VOTE: Lexa
(putting the vote first kinda ruins the flow of my post, but I'll make the sacrifice for the sake of the vote counter)

I think Mumble came away from that argument looking a lot better than Lexa. tbh I found both initial votes slightly strange, but Lexa's was a reaction that only later got any justification, and it was fairly weak justification too. If I'm understand it right, their vote was for Mumble's weak entrance to the game, fair enough. But then they switched to Alex after that argument made Mumble look more towny, I guess? Lexa never said why, except they "can't see mafia being this obtuse". And the Alex vote is in spite of several other even weaker, naked-er votes in the game. Why did you not go after those posts, Lexa?

As for the OMGUS stuff, it can certainly be scummy in context, though I guess it depends on your definition of OMGUS and let's not have another semantics argument please. The point is, Mumble explained why Lexa's vote on him was scummy, and it made more sense to me than Lexa explaining why they voted him.
In post 179, Cedrick wrote:mumbles push looks bad to me and omgus isn’t scummy. Mumbles did something mildly suspicious and got voted for it and it looks like he tried to put a townie spin on it. He should have known a reasonless vote hop on somebody was going to generate that kind of reaction. Lexa’s Reaction imo is normal
That's not my interpretation. I see it the exact opposite, that Lexa did something suspicious and is trying to put a townie spin on it. Particularly the poorly reasoned hop to Alex felt like scum with bad intentions.

Other things:
In post 170, rb wrote:VOTE: Cedrick

lexa's speedwagon makes me iffy actually
Does it make you iffier than the Havo speedwagon?
In post 183, Awoo wrote:Im actually going to make this public knowledge so no one can "townslip" this:

My first game was scum, and I was unable to post in the game due to the whole "alt detection" thing, but I was able to post in the scum PT pregame despite it.
How is that a townslip? If anything it would be a scumslip, or am I interpreting what you're saying wrong?

PEDIT: oh jesus this is what I get for walking away for a half hour while writing this post. I don't have time to read the last page and a half right now, I skimmed it and I don't think anything changes what I just wrote out.
Hey!
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:28 am

Post by Awoo »

You don't need to know what I meant, just understand that being unable to post in a game =/= being unable to post in a PT, and I know this from experience.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 180, Cedrick wrote:
In post 178, Luca Blight wrote:but I can't really understand that stance.
I’ve already explained my stance. What’s not to understand?
Well, if you take '
understand
' by it's literal meaning then I do
understand
, I just can't relate to that mindset.

I mean, you don't want to vote him as you don't scumread him, but you'd want to immediately hammer him given the chance to basically teach him a lesson, regardless of what his alignment might be?

It feels like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Beefster »

lets
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Beefster »

get
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Beefster »

a
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Beefster »

vote
Get to know a meat boy

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”