Mini 1990: Terror in the City (Game Over)

The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by The Powerpuff Girls »

-Professor
The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:39 pm

In post 98, Momrangal wrote:I'm here. Hello. Ready to make a come back. Maybe.
Hi we missed you welcome back!

-Professor
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Momrangal »

So professor is the only one in this head that I'm familiar with. Good to know!

I'm feeling lukewarm on this current wagon

VOTE: brassherald

Lets go here instead. It reaps of opportunism
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Oh ewww

I need to read the last page better, either way I like sitting here. Its odd, he feels like he's backtracking. I like that he took his vote off, but he says "its to early to pressure him" and he is already avoiding questioning this early in the game. He feels like he's trying to stay on the down low and stay out of the spot light, but for what reason?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 103, Momrangal wrote:Oh ewww

I need to read the last page better, either way I like sitting here. Its odd, he feels like he's backtracking. I like that he took his vote off, but he says "its to early to pressure him" and he is already avoiding questioning this early in the game. He feels like he's trying to stay on the down low and stay out of the spot light, but for what reason?
it's because I've been at my fiance's house and then a Broadway show for the past two days and I suck at phone posting. I'll catch up better tomorrow
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by Momrangal »

I've been at my moms house since Thursday because of my birthday!

But either way, I'll be waiting and expecting something good
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 102, Momrangal wrote:I'm feeling lukewarm on this current wagon
but why?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 97, Hopkirk wrote:About #8.
Fitz's reaction too.
it was a decent question and I have no issue with his "no" response.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Fuzzys opening is odd and a little awkward but that doesn't necessarily mean scum and beyond that, it feels like he has expectation on your knowledge of his play but in reality, I don't think is as great as he thinks.

I think he's on the fence about you, Nero and has made an (albiet awkward attempt) to get closer to you which is something I find rather intriguing and admittedly, he's pretty funny.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 108, Momrangal wrote:Fuzzys opening is odd and a little awkward but that doesn't necessarily mean scum and beyond that, it feels like he has expectation on your knowledge of his play but in reality, I don't think is as great as he thinks.
I didn't even vote him for his opening and it's not why I think he's scum. My vote on him was a naked and reasonless vote and he took it as a serious vote. I feel like him feeling so threatened is scum. Also, as mentioned, he's not being a lurksack. I think its entirely possible that he rolls scum and decides to not lurk.

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ego
The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:38 pm

In post 64, Hopkirk wrote:@TPG-Key: A four-person scum hydra has incentive to coordinate before posting. Based on experience, your town hydra partners posted a lot more while in hydras. I just finished a game where RC/North were a town hydra, and Cheeky was in a town hydra (and it read like Cheeky barely had a hydra QT). Despite RC/North dying n1, the two hydras accounted for over 50% of the posts in a 9 player game. Therefore, not posting much initially is definitely odd in comparison.
Hopkirk this is dumb. I've only just noticed the game started. Also, we're town so.

~ Buttercup
The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:52 pm

In post 87, Chickadee wrote:I feel like I kind of already covered the TFL thing when addressing Brass. Didn't feel the need to bring it up again.

And I just don't think your meta has feet to stand on. I don't agree with it. I've also played with them in hydras. I've also played with some of them as scum hydras. Also considering that the game JUST started, like 24 hours ago, i don't think anyone can truly be called a lurker yet.
Chikadee you seem different to me. I can't put my finger on it rn. But I feel like there's a bit of inconsistency in your posting so far.

1. You cast shade on someone whilst being lamist with your "why can't we scum hunt hunt if everyone hasn't posted" - taking what the dude said way out of context.

2. You say all the votes on the TFL wagon are bad but you don't say how instead you justify it with a weak TR.

3. When asked what you didn't like about hopkirk you say you didn't like his push on us, but how do you know we're town, weren't you the one saying we should scumhunt even if everyone hasn't checked in?

4. You opened with a gif...then explained it was because you were running short on time....it's RVS a naked vote would've taken far less time than sourcing and posting a gif plus it would have been far more productive.

~ Blossom
The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:53 pm

PEDIT ~ Buttercup eff I can't remember which one lol
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Nero-Not sure how my half -hearted vote is scummy...... but okay whatever makes you happy man. I think you took my vote more serious than I did yours. It was an obvious push forward for the game. Really I think you are reading too much into it but if you think I am scum than fine.....Im okay with that

Momrangal- I am almost always awkward both as scum and as town. Me being awkward is like the roads being wet when it rains...it just is
Fuzzy is literally the ultimate lynchbait
Like even scum Carca can't compete
Carcalilly
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 89, Hopkirk wrote:My vote was for his sidestepping my questions. Why is that bad/illegitimate?
Eh, must have missed that. Seems fine looking back.
In post 112, The Powerpuff Girls wrote:
In post 87, Chickadee wrote:I feel like I kind of already covered the TFL thing when addressing Brass. Didn't feel the need to bring it up again.

And I just don't think your meta has feet to stand on. I don't agree with it. I've also played with them in hydras. I've also played with some of them as scum hydras. Also considering that the game JUST started, like 24 hours ago, i don't think anyone can truly be called a lurker yet.
Chikadee you seem different to me. I can't put my finger on it rn. But I feel like there's a bit of inconsistency in your posting so far.

1. You cast shade on someone whilst being lamist with your "why can't we scum hunt hunt if everyone hasn't posted" - taking what the dude said way out of context.

2. You say all the votes on the TFL wagon are bad but you don't say how instead you justify it with a weak TR.

3. When asked what you didn't like about hopkirk you say you didn't like his push on us, but how do you know we're town, weren't you the one saying we should scumhunt even if everyone hasn't checked in?

4. You opened with a gif...then explained it was because you were running short on time....it's RVS a naked vote would've taken far less time than sourcing and posting a gif plus it would have been far more productive.

~ Blossom
1. I don't know what to tell you on that point.
In post 76, Chickadee wrote:TFL is null for me so far
3. I never said you were town. It had everything to do with the push, not who was pushed.
4a. I don't like RVS votes. I always feel awkward and forced when I make them, so I don't tend to do it a lot. Yes, you can find games where I have (because I know people here looooove to meta dive), but I've never liked it.
4b. I have giphy one click away in my favorites, and I'm automatically signed in, and I have that gif saved to my favorites.
4c. I was late to work anyway. :lol:
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Who does everyone think had the worst opening?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

me
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

^

Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 94, Hopkirk wrote:@Fitz: That's a good point. Looking at Y's complete game, he gets straight into it when making his first post a similar number of posts in (as town).

@Kop: how do you feel about TFL?
I don't scum read him. I read his ISO, and nothing of note is pinging me apart from when he said that he is always lynchbait.

I feel at the current moment that he seems to be an easy out for a wagon without really much resistance. Scum are likely to push this one because I think they will feel it could easily take off.

I didn't notice that Brass took his vote off TFL, but I still stand by my point. His vote seems very opportunistic, not knowing the vote count on said person is just a non-viable excuse. That's careless and could have easily on another day hammered someone. Someone asking for scum leans isn't a reason to vote for someone, as I've seen countless others asking for peoples reads, it's virtually the same thing, you wouldn't really get a bad feeling towards the people asking for them reads in all honesty.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 119, Kop wrote:Scum are likely to push this one because I think they will feel it could easily take off.
I'm town, am I not allowed to push this?

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 103, Momrangal wrote:Oh ewww

So are you saying you think that he was aware he was putting TFL on L-2, then left the wagon when I asked him if he knew he'd put TFL on L2 because he was afraid of pressure?
In post 107, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 97, Hopkirk wrote:About #8.
Fitz's reaction too.
it was a decent question and I have no issue with his "no" response.
Could you explain how it's a 'decent question'.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:15 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 111, The Powerpuff Girls wrote:
In post 64, Hopkirk wrote:@TPG-Key: A four-person scum hydra has incentive to coordinate before posting. Based on experience, your town hydra partners posted a lot more while in hydras. I just finished a game where RC/North were a town hydra, and Cheeky was in a town hydra (and it read like Cheeky barely had a hydra QT). Despite RC/North dying n1, the two hydras accounted for over 50% of the posts in a 9 player game. Therefore, not posting much initially is definitely odd in comparison.
Hopkirk this is dumb. I've only just noticed the game started. Also, we're town so.

~ Buttercup
What makes it dumb? It's a talking point based on an observation of difference.

Side point- how many people are in your hydra, I've seen 6 names so far.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 8, Hopkirk wrote:@Havingfitz: You've only made one other naked RVS vote in your last 20ish games. Do you feel like that's alignment indicative?
Whats wrong with it?

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Oh sorry, I meant

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”