Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Lycanfire, you had LQ as a scum read Day 1. When and why did that change?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 1764, Ranmaru wrote:CES: How confident are you in Eddie? Can you try harder with your reads on Shea and Lycanfire, your reasoning didn't sound convincing. What's your read on me?
By my reckoning he's got about 55% chance of being scum. That's pretty good.

I'm not sure discussing Shea or Lycanfire further is very fruitful in the absence of you identifying any concrete issues you have with my argument - I don't think I have much of an insight into their play besides what I mentioned (at most it would consist of recognising the patterns of Shea being his argumentative self) and I feel like elaborating on my argument would require me to write paragraphs about things that aren't specific to this game. We need to be moving forward (e.g. by lynching Eddie) rather than standing still.

You're my strongest town read!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: EddieFenix

Seems good for today
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 1798, Ranmaru wrote:Postie, there are still other people we can get more content from, like Action Dan, Marquis, and Lycanfire.
Sure I'll just wait right here for that to happen

Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Action Dan, how is that catch up going?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Brain is a bit full of fuck right now

Once already this morning I was phone posting something really good. I realized it didn't mesh with the conclusions I thought I was coming to. Tonight I made my thoughts more coherent and let my analysis take me to my conclusions. I'm happier than when I started, but I'd like to do some quid pro quo with Ran first.
In post 1800, Ranmaru wrote:Lycanfire, you had LQ as a scum read Day 1. When and why did that change?
Pretty much the circumstances of how he took Shea's pressure mixed in with a bit of Llamarble's. It culminated in posts like
In post 476, LicketyQuickety wrote:It seems that I am a player who people seem somewhat polarized on. Given this, It might actually benefit Town if I am lynched, but then that takes away all my power to have an influence on the game based on my play and I think I can give Town a better chance at winning if I am not lynched. That said, if people remain to have polarizing views of me, then it's likely I will be able to stay in the game for a while because Scum will not NK someone they think they might be able to lynch. Given this, it puts a lot of pressure on me for my reads to be good and to produce good content. Most of this pressure is self induced because last time I survived to end game I used a method to try and solve the game that I put too much trust in and it ended up with me having a few of bad reads so I don't want to have another poor performance where I survive to late game to have a poor influence on helping my team win the game.
This is before Llamarble's game predict post where he began treating himself as already lynched. He's basically just egging it on.

And I did really like that sod post I quoted before-
In post 1310, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1309, Postie wrote:
In post 1178, EddieFenix wrote:@Marble, I've got Screen in my sights for today. However, from the AtE and flailing going on, I'm willing to let the case write itself right now and give screen more time(and rope essentially) to hang themselves with it. If anything, I'm a patient man.
I want to point out the dissonance in this. He implies that he strongly thinks Srceen is scum, but then says he wants to give him more time and isn't going to vote or push there.
Like, Eddie in this post straight-up, literally, says that he wants this lynch but wants it while sitting back and letting it play out without his involvement.
In post 1007, Llamarble wrote:I didn't know it was possible to play exclusively to scum wincon so hard and not be obvscum.
Like jesus christ guys this isn't rocket science
And if I had a nickel for everytime Llama changed their scum reads I would probably have several dollars by now.

I think it's Scummy af for you to try and use Llama's death to say Eddie is Scum. Llama was widely widely TR. That is why Llama was probably killed, not because of who Llama went after.
Scum love starting shit with NKs. NKA might be under-used, but it's also poorly used, and if it's a one liner at sod, it's not even analysis, it's just shit. Why does scum!LQ make this post-no, here's a better question. Why does scum!LQ make that post, at that time? If someone wants to earn towncred by making a voice of reason post, they can still let the fans be flamed by somebody else. Contributing at that moment in time was about as towniest as it was going to get-he could have done so later, and let people get tangled in bias, or let something catch on fire. Nope, it's time to proceed with day. Thank god.

I'd like to ask you: can you explain your read on Gamma?

For everyone else: get rid of your fucking null reads. If you find someone town for X and scum for Y say it. You might not be the only one. You might be the only one, and nobody noticed X or Y. It doesn't matter if you're wrong, or hurt somebodys feelings. If some ill-fated push happens as a result, it won't be just because of you, so go ahead and reach for the stars, even if they're made of shit.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Something I need to point out in LQ vs Postie is that my Postie read (the "fuck rc tier") basically means: the more we've normalized RC's existence in this game, the more open Postie has been in letting him influence the game by proxy. Prior to this there was some doubt over whether he was playing puppeteer or not. My main concern is my ability to read Postie is not as good as my ability to read RC.

I feel like LQ was in part complicit in this a lot like other people were
In post 895, LicketyQuickety wrote:@Postie, what is RC's read on me?
I really don't know what result you expected to have happen as a result of asking this if anything besides having RC enter the thread.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1546, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah I think I am starting to make sense of it. Plus your interactions with Marquis aren't really all that solid as scum-scum interactions now that I look at them.
UNVOTE:
not gonna vote yet since I'm rather tired now
Okay so it was after this post my eyes glazed over, so I'm gonna try to analyze everything beyond here
That's right I'm finally doing my readback of the day 2 stuff I ignored, plus addressing anything I forgot to do in that time. Prepare for a massive wall
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Lycanfire
: Meta. Gamma as scum doesn't really have interest in posting, from what I have seen. Gamma here has been saying sensible things and putting in work. His paranoia of me earlier Day 2 was also townie, not something I'd expect from scum him. Earlier you said that my conclusion on Shea was wrong (SvS) so I want to know, how did that conclusion affect your read on Shea and why?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

NSG
: I want you to place a vote soon. I know you want to hold it, but we need a paper trail from you. Talk to me about your top 3 scum picks now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1631, Ranmaru wrote:
NSG
: Almost50 is thinking that team 9 got 2 or 3 scum pms, and that team 1 got 1 or 2 scum pms. He thinks it is likely that team 9 is scum in two games, and that our own team, team 15, is being eliminated from all games due to his method. He say precisely in this game, that he took a closer look at Eddie and Davsto and decided they are not scum. He thinks that the three scum in this game have come from teams with 1 scum pm each, and has cleared NSG, Davsto, Gamma, which I agree with. He came up with a pool of Lycanfire, CES, Dunn, Shea, and Marquis. I then looked at that pool and tried to see who was the most likely scum.

His reads are based on (in order from 1 to 3):

1. In-game association and behaviour
2. In-game VCA
3. Global VCA

He says Mastina has come up with a way to mess with the VCA by forming a
3-Player Wagon (all scum) voting a slot early game
, and he doesn't believe it is the case with Eddie. Make sure your team reads this post and please have them return a response soon. He thinks we should be working with teams 4,5,13,14 and possibly 10 but 10 is not a hundred percent. (Although I want to work with AD since he's my hydra buddy)

NSG, here is what A50 thinks are the most likely to pick scum:

1) Annen/Tbone, 2) Lycan/Eddie Cane, 5) ??, 6) CES/CDB, 7) Implosion/Marquis, 9) All of them, but Mastina and Thor already flipped, so Gingie/Bulb > Eddie, 10) AD/CK, 11) GL, 12) TSQ, 13) Chara
wtf is global VCA? So A50 is saying scum has been wagoning together early in all games? If that's the case there may have been some validity in me saying Dunn was wagoning Marquis even though he was the first vote. As for who would take scum, I have been doing some tracking of flips across games so maybe my team and A50 (Aero's in A50's game right?) can compare notes on who would take scum. And lol yeah my team is honestly one of the fuckiest ones if we got a scum slot cos none of us are really strong as scum, like honestly I am actually the strongest among us, I'm aware I said otherwise earlier but I checked our beginning chat at one point and feel I was wrong back then.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

didn't mean to post that goddammit
at least you know where I'm at currently
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

FUCK ME IN THE ASS WITH A CACTUS
ELLI CHANGED THE RULES ON ME LIKE AN HOUR AGO, WHILE I WAS STILL READING STUFF, BARRING WHAT I JUST DID
BAN ME IF YOU LIKE BUT IF YOU DO YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT FOR CHANGING THE GOALPOSTS
<Embrace The Void>

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Just post what reads and conclusions you have when you are ready.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 12, Ellibereth wrote:
RULE CHANGE
:

There has been a lot of player confusion about rule 6:
6. You MAY talk about the preferences and abilities of any player and speculate which game and alignment they would prefer. You may speculate about the relative strengths of teams and how they would distribute role pms. You may NOT tie this speculation or otherwise refer to ANY action a player not in your game has taken in their ongoing game.
A good rule of thumb is any speculation one could have made just by seeing team compositions before the event is allowed

To make life easier for everyone we're changing the ruleset and outright banning the things previously allowed by rule 6.

There are now no exceptions to the rule:
Players are only allowed to talk about mod-confirmed things from other ongoing Team Mafia games.
Any infractions to this rule from this point on will be adjudicated harshly.

Please check with your moderators and me if you have ANY doubt about whether a post is over the line.

Please do not discuss this in thread or in public until after the event. As usual, feel free to raise any questions and concerns with me in private.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Alright here's my thoughts on the last like ten pages
Spoiler:
In post 1547, EddieFenix wrote:GE @ 1368
Those 2 quotes posted in LQ's direction, deep dive those for the Ran case. Those are her thoughts mixed with my wordings. Also, for that list, her thoughts tbh. She has you at null. I'd tick you to the town/null line tbh
Which two posts to LQ? Also how would you be reading Ran and Marq if not for mastina's input?
In post 1466, Marquis wrote:VOTE: LQ

I didn't read overnight even though I should have

Team all agrees on this tho so I'm parking and riding wheeeeeee

Also liking nsg slightly more because that's pretty much exactly how I feel about where I am with this game. That and someone else please obvtown soon so I have a stepping stone to get back in
(the post where he banters with GE is garbage. Starting to get wankers cramp)
What part with me bantering? and why do you say it's garbage?
In post 1494, Marquis wrote:Willing to lynch LQ or Eddie preferably LQ.

And yes it's convenient that they're like the two biggest wagons besides me, deservedly so.
Remember yesterday when he was the lead wagon and then Screenplay became the lynch?? Let's NOT repeat that today.
You seem to be the leading wagon today. tmi...?
In post 1513, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1510, Marquis wrote:
In post 1501, Gamma Emerald wrote:what she thinks I should be doing if what I'm doing is so wrong earlier
i think if you're town the way you look at mafia is too by-the-book and you see things that scum obviously would not do and that town are more realistically likely to do, as things that scum would actually do.
i think if you're scum you think this is how to look town because this is a method of playing it safe.

@all again i have a certain limit for how much "too scummy to be scum" i can apply to a read and still be able to take it seriously. and it feels like almost every time i step back into this game gamma is intent on ringing that bell and adding onto the count. it's literally so often it's uncanny.

the only reasons i'm not voting for him is because other than that i like wagons and have stronger read priorities, i'm a fake and can't keep "too scummy to be scum" in my pants. in terms of settling-on-a-lynch reasons, it tends to be my last resort because i put more stock in that one solitary reason to townread him than i'd like to admit.
I guess that's fair? Honestly when I came in I was kinda wanting to give you a fresh start but then I changed my mind after a few vote hit you and I felt a little less tense about the whole affair, and then Ranmaru shifted off of you when she did which raised my eyebrows. I've been considering the possibility Eddie is right, since all of a sudden you were taken off the table by Ranmaru. That's why I think there's a dichotomy, I think LQ and Eddie are being promoted as the best wagons to reduce the viability of a scum lynch today.
Ran is protecting him. Putting Myself and LQ on the table is
easy
to see and do. Hence why I point out above that Postie's RC stance is easily seen, Davsto even pointed it out, and as such and should be put under a HUGE microscope.
mmm as I said earlier some Marquis and Ran interactions are not very scum theatre-like
Ranmaru wrote:I'm not sure. I'm just telling you what it feels like. Maybe it's not to drag myself and Postie down, but rather to make a disconnect between each other. I can't know the exact reasoning scum would do this, I can only guess. On LQ being aware of it: Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. What do you mean desperation is in the air for you? I liked Marquis's vote on Eddie, his reasoning that was similar to mine. I liked that he made stances and was actually interacting quite a bit. Originally I scum read him based on him being in early game, and being less present during most of D1, which would make sense coming from scum. If he becomes active D2, most of that problem goes away for me. Especially since there are other slots that are much more under the radar, like AD or Dunn.
It took me throwing a fucking case from Mastina at Marquis to come in and even start REMOTELY getting active/doing fuck all. It's like he took a spit-take to the fact that someone dared make a case on him, then he easily hot drops a vote on me when my wagon is starting to gain a good chunk of traction/heat only to disappear back into the night again because he's got his scum team to protect his ass. Hmmm, I WONDER WHY THIS SOUNDS SO FAMILIAR!?! -looks back at day 1- HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Right AFTER hammer, Marquis DANCES in and just starts spamming the thread.
One thing I dislike about how Eddie is playing here is that he doesn't seem to be having the reaction to the wagon on him I'd expect if he were town. If he were town I'd think he'd go raging against his wagon here. Also how is Marquis posting in twilight scummy? Kinda on-the-fence with that rn
In post 1574, Postie wrote:RC says that LQ thinking I'm bussing makes sense given he's seen RC bus a lot recently and it lines up with how LQ has scumread RC in every game they've ever played and so naturally reads anything related to RC as scum-motivated. He says that LQ's play has been bad but that doesn't necessarily make him scum, and that rationalising lynching Eddie because he thinks I'm bussing him might actually be something he wouldn't do as scum just because of how bad it looks.
He doesn't like that Ranmaru seems to be specifically saying LQ is playing badly and telling him to play better rather than telling him to play less scummyly. Some things on recent pages have been gut pinging him.
So does that last line mean RC perceives an association between Ran and LQ?
In post 1581, northsidegal wrote:i'm pretty sure that my team and postie's team are on the same wavelength when it comes to ran's slot. ran, what's a50 interested in specifically? because i'd be willing to hear it out.

more specific responses incoming.
What wavelength is this wrt Ran?
In post 1606, Postie wrote:LQ if you're town here we want to point out that there totally is resistance and both you and Marquis were counterwagons for a while before we shut them down
Indeed, there was the Marquis wagon earlier. Also I'm giving Postie townpoints for stating she shut those wagons down, if Eddie ends up town that means she claims responsibility for shifting the wagon to him.
In post 1660, Postie wrote:Ran, RC says that all he sees you doing right now is trying to make another Eddie counterwagon happen, and that if Eddie is scum he wants you lynched tomorrow. He says you should help lynch Eddie if you want your TSQ read taken seriously.

Sorry I'll start playing the game myself more soon too.
Coming back to this not being completely out of it there's more I take issue with. Like how much does RC believe in Eddie!scum?
In post 1677, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1676, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Postie
Yeah, thinking on it that
very
much looks like pushing an agenda, Ran has stated he doesn't believe those two are scum together so it's basically "help me push a mislynch then I'll join you".
I don't really think so. This is the kind of thing that RC does when he is town and trying to control the town.

Granted, it's also what he does when he's scum trying to control the town.

Basically RC just likes to control the town.
I think this was my last vote
UNVOTE: because while I feel Postie's thinking here is askew I'm not quite sure it's scum at this point
In post 1709, Gamma Emerald wrote:I could get behind Dunnstral tho, I feel he's avoiding me
Stull feel like Dunn's avoiding me
In post 1724, Gamma Emerald wrote:That shows LQ was skimming the first lines rather than actually caring to read the post
VOTE: LQ
ok
VOTE: LicketyQuickety
Since I wasn't voting Postie
In post 1773, Davsto wrote:
In post 1770, Gamma Emerald wrote:Davsto says my interactions with TSQ have been off? I wanna hear this
I don't mean off as in ingenuine if that's what you think I mean

I mean like I remember you coming out quite badly with your confrontations with tsq in terms of your points coming out looking rather poor ygm

But recently you've rubbed me much less wrongly so that is why I'm planning on ISOing you soon
So like, what do you mean my points came out poor?
In post 1789, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1788, Ranmaru wrote:Why don't you explicitly say that you town read Postie instead of saying 'not scum'? Usually, scum fake reads, to fit in with the town. Your actions line up with this. I don't deny that mistakes can come from town, but they can also come from scum. I am very detail oriented, I look at all the small things, I ask about everything. I weigh everything, and ask myself the town motivation and scum motivation. LQ Scum motivation: Avoid town screen wagon to keep hands clean, drop reads without much reasoning to hide actual reasoning for dropping it, discredit town read players when given the chance (like your push on myself, then Davsto). LQ Town motivation: Do weird stuff because that's what you always do and you are too stubborn to change it. This is why I am asking others that have played with both of your alignments to comment to help my read. At the moment I don't trust your answers anymore. Also, I don't use Occam's Razor. Anyway, it doesn't seem like to me, that you are trying to be accurate with who is scum. You are just floating around, reacting. That's it. Then when I expect a response, you are frozen in time, especially when your reads on Shea and Lycan were weak. You had no intentions of strengthening those reads. To me, this means #267 was all for show. So the question is, do you care about getting your reads right, and if so, how are you doing that? Also, I want your full reads list. I asked for it, you never gave one.
I didn't realize that it was necessary to explicitly state what my read on Postie was at the beginning of the game /s
Seriously, why does this matter? How is my answer going to help you sort me? I keep saying this and you keep ignoring answering this.

Seriously, you are going to have to show some pretty solid evidence for why you think I had more incentive as Scum to be off the Sceen wagon then as Town. I mean, it's like you are not even looking at the actually reasoning for me not being on the wagon OR how I delayed the EOD when I very well could have be lynched because of this. So much for being detail oriented. And there have been some people who have SR both you and Davsto. Tell me why both of you have never had a wagon on you take off. And I do want an answer for this.

And you didn't give a genuine statement about my motivation as Town to do what I am doing. I would have expected you to give me at least some credit for doing what I am doing as Town. It makes it look like there is no way I am Town. It's just biased as hell.

As far as other players playing with me as both Town and Scum, there really are not players who fit this I don't think. North, shea, and GE has seen me play as Scum. Shea, GE, Dunn, Postie, and Marquis have seen me play as Town. I don't think there is a single player who has played with me in more than 2 games. Possibly GE. North has seen me play as Scum twice and I think that is more than anyone, but North died N1 in one of the game so...

I mean, like what incentive do I even have to give you are reads list? It's not like you are going to start TRing me because of it. What's the point of knowing my reads?
Which games have I seen you as town in besides that hydra game I avoid thinking about?
In post 1805, Lycanfire wrote:Brain is a bit full of fuck right now

Once already this morning I was phone posting something really good. I realized it didn't mesh with the conclusions I thought I was coming to. Tonight I made my thoughts more coherent and let my analysis take me to my conclusions. I'm happier than when I started, but I'd like to do some quid pro quo with Ran first.
In post 1800, Ranmaru wrote:Lycanfire, you had LQ as a scum read Day 1. When and why did that change?
Pretty much the circumstances of how he took Shea's pressure mixed in with a bit of Llamarble's. It culminated in posts like
In post 476, LicketyQuickety wrote:It seems that I am a player who people seem somewhat polarized on. Given this, It might actually benefit Town if I am lynched, but then that takes away all my power to have an influence on the game based on my play and I think I can give Town a better chance at winning if I am not lynched. That said, if people remain to have polarizing views of me, then it's likely I will be able to stay in the game for a while because Scum will not NK someone they think they might be able to lynch. Given this, it puts a lot of pressure on me for my reads to be good and to produce good content. Most of this pressure is self induced because last time I survived to end game I used a method to try and solve the game that I put too much trust in and it ended up with me having a few of bad reads so I don't want to have another poor performance where I survive to late game to have a poor influence on helping my team win the game.
This is before Llamarble's game predict post where he began treating himself as already lynched. He's basically just egging it on.

And I did really like that sod post I quoted before-
In post 1310, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1309, Postie wrote:
In post 1178, EddieFenix wrote:@Marble, I've got Screen in my sights for today. However, from the AtE and flailing going on, I'm willing to let the case write itself right now and give screen more time(and rope essentially) to hang themselves with it. If anything, I'm a patient man.
I want to point out the dissonance in this. He implies that he strongly thinks Srceen is scum, but then says he wants to give him more time and isn't going to vote or push there.
Like, Eddie in this post straight-up, literally, says that he wants this lynch but wants it while sitting back and letting it play out without his involvement.
In post 1007, Llamarble wrote:I didn't know it was possible to play exclusively to scum wincon so hard and not be obvscum.
Like jesus christ guys this isn't rocket science
And if I had a nickel for everytime Llama changed their scum reads I would probably have several dollars by now.

I think it's Scummy af for you to try and use Llama's death to say Eddie is Scum. Llama was widely widely TR. That is why Llama was probably killed, not because of who Llama went after.
Scum love starting shit with NKs. NKA might be under-used, but it's also poorly used, and if it's a one liner at sod, it's not even analysis, it's just shit. Why does scum!LQ make this post-no, here's a better question. Why does scum!LQ make that post, at that time? If someone wants to earn towncred by making a voice of reason post, they can still let the fans be flamed by somebody else. Contributing at that moment in time was about as towniest as it was going to get-he could have done so later, and let people get tangled in bias, or let something catch on fire. Nope, it's time to proceed with day. Thank god.

I'd like to ask you: can you explain your read on Gamma?

For everyone else: get rid of your fucking null reads. If you find someone town for X and scum for Y say it. You might not be the only one. You might be the only one, and nobody noticed X or Y. It doesn't matter if you're wrong, or hurt somebodys feelings. If some ill-fated push happens as a result, it won't be just because of you, so go ahead and reach for the stars, even if they're made of shit.
I'd townread this last sentiment
But BOTH me and Ran know that it's not one scum are unable to have, I mean it's how Ran caught me out in
our first goddamn game together

So I'm think the team is among LQ/Eddie/Dunn/Lycan right now from the stuff covered here. Marquis is a suspect as well based on previous events. Current solid townreads are Ran and Shea, plus I'm feeling Postie is town. CES still town. AD/Dave/nsg I haven't sorted, maybe ISOs? Also need to ISO lycan still
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

btw beeboy thanks for posting that an hour late, real helpful
/s
<Embrace The Void>

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:02 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I want you to look into NSG and tell me what you think.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:04 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

@Ranmaru, you have single handedly taken most of my motivation out of this game. I get that you are all about the details, but this kind of micromanagement of other players has got to go. Furthermore, I don't feel obligated to do a readlist every damn day.

What I do, and what I need time to contemplate, are precisely my reads. I will make a reads list when I feel comfortable making one. After I make that reads list, I will continue to read the thread and mull things over in my brain to see if I can change my perspective on any of my reads.

But so far I am thinking:

Town

v
Without having looked at a previous game of yours (Ran) I would probably say there is a lot more to back up that you are Town than Scum.
Shea's fervor for the game is also something I am reading as Townie, though tbh, I have seen him play a bit more casually as Town before. That said, in the game I saw him play as Scum he was way more low key than this. Meta reads are shit with that amount of games played with someone, but I will say Shea has also played quite Pro-Town, so that is a good reason to TR him.
GE is a similar read to Shea in both that I see his fervor and general Pro-Town mentality to mean he is Town here (or he could be power wolfing) which is what I would expect from Town!GE.
Lycan is still giving some pretty good points and I can tell he is critically analyzing the game which is a plus and show's he is giving a lot more than most of the other lurkers in this game. I think this is Pro-Town mentality so he is probably just Town.
Postie has kinda dropped off in content these last 5 or so pages, and that is concerning for me. As is, I still think that there is probably more reason to TR Postie than SR them. The one point that Lycan brought up where he quoted me saying Postie's reasons for SR Eddie with regards to the Llama kill is not bad at all however, and that gives me some pause in TRing Postie.
I am also warming up to the idea that one of CES, AD, Dunn, or Noth are Scum. They have not been engaged enough in the game which could mean Scum are feeling ok about the way the game is going/want to keep a low profile so we don't have much to go on with who Scum is. It's remarkably easy to let Town tear itself apart, at least for a few game days.
I am starting to like the idea of Scum!Eddie as well. I agree his behavior change from D1 to D2 is probably far more Scummy than Townie. Also, it seems he is trying to lurk out his wagon, which is a disgraceful way to win a Mafia game IMO.
I also see a few good reasons to SR Davsto, but this could be resolved knowing more about how he approaches the game of Mafia in general.
I am fairly sure Marquis is Scum at this point. Marquis has few if any saving graces for them being Town. The reasoning and/or evidence (or lack there of) for Marquis being Town is severely lacking.
^
Scum

So I think I should put my money where my mouth is, because people don't see to be liking my idea of making actions to produce content over most everything else, so I am going here:

VOTE: Marquis
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1817, Ranmaru wrote:I want you to look into NSG and tell me what you think.
will do that after lycan
<Embrace The Void>

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:15 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I actually like LQ's #1818. In fact, I like that post the
most
out of his whole play, and agree with some of it. I'm starting to think it's possibly [Eddie, Marquis, North].
Unvote
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:07 am

Post by Ranmaru »

NSG's vote [#584] on Tchill was weak, and she lurked through the rest of the day. She admitted to putting the game on the back burner but she didn't really give a reason. She had no reason to put it on the back burner, no pressure. Then in her #1583 she states she is holding her vote since she realizes she didn't think too deeply on her T-chill vote. Which shows she has guilt about her vote, which seems suspicious to me. I think she is scum because she has no pro-town motivation to lurk.

Vote: Northsidegal

[Eddie > Marquis > NSG > AD | Dunn | Davsto > LQ > Lycan > CES > Shea > Postie > Gamma > Ranmaru]
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:09 am

In post 1815, Gamma Emerald wrote:So I'm think the team is among LQ/Eddie/Dunn/Lycan right now from the stuff covered here. Marquis is a suspect as well based on previous events. Current solid townreads are Ran and Shea, plus I'm feeling Postie is town. CES still town. AD/Dave/nsg I haven't sorted, maybe ISOs? Also need to ISO lycan still
Your analysis sucks and your reads suck worse. I played with you in PYP.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:12 am

You're also way to concerned with how people see you when you aren't being heavily SR.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1822, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1815, Gamma Emerald wrote:So I'm think the team is among LQ/Eddie/Dunn/Lycan right now from the stuff covered here. Marquis is a suspect as well based on previous events. Current solid townreads are Ran and Shea, plus I'm feeling Postie is town. CES still town. AD/Dave/nsg I haven't sorted, maybe ISOs? Also need to ISO lycan still
Your analysis sucks and your reads suck worse. I played with you in PYP.
Alright I remember that one now. Think I shut it out because of crap teammates. Also you gonna drink the haterade with Marq? Cos if so just like I said to her I need some backup of what you're saying. Prove me wrong if you think so strongly of it.
In post 1823, LicketyQuickety wrote:You're also way to concerned with how people see you when you aren't being heavily SR.
You wanna tell me how I'm doing this cos I don't think that's the case here

Lycanfire iso in progress btw, just saw these when previewing to get to the next part of it. Damn does Lycan inadvertently wallpost
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”