Mini 1991: Taking Justice Into Our Own Hands (Town Win)

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Yea, it is contingent on scum lexa. Town lexa changes that. I'm going to lexa case soon if I have time, I feel pretty good about it.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 319, Awoo wrote: NOW I WILL ANSWER NSG!!!!!!!!!

-snip-

I believe the intent of these posts is (throwing suspicion/scouting out mislynch targets) because of the attitude and language he uses with respect to these slots. I will demonstrate below.
Taken from
(Lexa and Alex are anagrams of each other, scumteam confirmed)
Unfunny forced humor calling a low content (At the time) slot scum. :?
didn't really seem forced to me, nor did it seem like a scumread that anyone would reasonably pass off as serious.
Kind of null to me. He's making some relevant observations, but that's pretty much all they are.
I'm not seeing any real analysis
from his posts.
His read on rb in 178 is especially hilarious
- he says rb's posting is very surface level, but
I haven't seen any better from Luca himself
in his 4 posts.
Is this how you talk about a slot that is "kind of null"? Throwing suspicion (1).
i don't really see what you're saying about the way he's talking about a nullread – nothing seems off there to me. also, why is this specifically throwing suspicion rather than raising a genuine concern?
Bold part is from me, what makes the observation worthwhile if it's not worth putting stock in? How much stock is the limit before it starts getting ridiculous?
I've already expressed my concerns, this line is 100% trash just asking questions for its own sake.
i agree with this, though.

not much else to respond to in the rest of the post so i'm omitting it. the colored stars were cool, though.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so what's this fun thing that you're talking about?

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I really don't like Fitz, land I'm not the biggest fan of Havo and Mumble either. I joined for Lexa and RB being in a game together, a rare commidity. I was in the last rendition. What was different with his scum play there? I don't know him well enough to meta read him.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Game time! Explain the events of this game, pages 1-16, as you remember them. Don't reread, don't fact check.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Awoo, iirc you're an alt of someone right? Idr who
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

let's see here. i know the game started and got to a good number of pages before i even checked it, so thinking back i'm pretty sure it all started out with havo doing his hammer l-1 thing and then numberq running him up based on that, asking a lot of questions. lexa was there, awoo as well i think. i came in around page 5 i think and began by questioning numberq about
his
questioning, conversation didn't end up going anywhere really but i left it wanting to wait and see if numberq would actually come to any conclusions from his questions or just keep asking them to look busy. probably nothing really important happened for a few pages and then mumble entered the thread ...

oh wait, i think in that time i had my whole thing on cedrick and the "scumslip" or whatever. maybe that happened after the mumble thing. anyways, mumble entered the thread, voted lexa, they got into a whole argument that lasted a few pages.

after that, rb asked me a lot of stupid questions i think or just bothered me a lot, awoo came in stronger with the numberq scumread, alex did something maybe, and ....

kind of blanking at the end there. someone said i was disappointing them in my play, one of the few things that people can say to get me upset in mafia. then i think you replaced in.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

awoo's not an alt.

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Mumble info for those who don't know him

I've played with Mumble twice. Once me S v him T; I, to quote Transcend, dominated him. Second, I subbed due to other reasons (lol hi Havo you were one of the other reasons xd), he S v me T. I don't know if this is a rule for his meta, but I do know he lurked the FUCK out of that scum game and not as much as the town game. He wasn't a beacon of activity, but he posted what I'd call "sparsely" as town and essentially prodged as scum. And, as town, I remember fighitng him as scum was the most annoying shit ever because kinda like Fitz he kept throwing completely garbage arguments and acting like he'd made some god catch off a false positive. The thing is, he got EXTREMELY emotional and angry, and it was believable. I firmly believe off of a p e r s o n a l i t y a n a l y s i s that activity and emotion will sort Mumble accurately later on, so he's off the table for now for me. This is also because I townread him so far; the comments about him I've seen ITG are best demonstrated by Zito's "a bunch of snark". IIRC, and havo or mumble (lol) can correct me if I'm remembering wrong, he did not have that same type of snark as scum at /all/. I think his dickishness and Lexa interactions are pretty likely town. At the very least, everyone voting him can fuck right off for now unless you explain why he's scum and not bad.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 397, Eddie Cane wrote:i'm somewhere like here rn

{rb, zitmaster9000, NSG, Mumble}
{Luca, Havo, Alex, Awoo}
{Cedrick}
{GNR, Fitz}
{Lexa}
I just convinced myself Mumble deserves a promotion. If we were going to have a game with easy reads I'd rather creature because he's at least competent but shrug.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 403, Eddie Cane wrote:I really don't like Fitz, land I'm not the biggest fan of Havo and Mumble either. I joined for Lexa and RB being in a game together, a rare commidity. I was in the last rendition. What was different with his scum play there? I don't know him well enough to meta read him.
he can confirm or deny whether i'm representing this accurately but he came out of rvs with a scumread on someone way stronger than it had any business being for the reason that he had (self-voting in rvs), and he was wallposting responses which almost50 said that he's never seen town fitz do before. basically, he fabricated a read on someone and faked conviction in it, and i just don't see the same style or mindset in his play this game (kind of the opposite, really).

things fall apart
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Lexa »

Not quoting because fuck formatting on mobile but responding to you Luca

Something can be inherently NAI (havo's principle) while being more probably town motivated (scum avoidance of policy Lynch). Straight forward

The key word in that sentence was reliably, if have doesn't believe that reads are reliable D1, something he said explicitly iirc, then it stands to reason he prefers to use flip analysis and role results as the core of his reading. Doesn't mean he'll never use behavior to make a read but by being unwilling to do it D1 it shows a possible tell against him if he were to start doing so D1

Sure it's a standard RVS opening for a standard game. Except this isn't really a standard game. Standard games don't typically have multiple wagons with potential momentum by the end of page 1. I don't believe riggs, or anyone, jumps in with an RVs vote without at least skimming the first page and noticing the numerous votes placed

Aside from the fact the stance isn't even contradictory you're missing the point, pointing out something surface level and using that as ammunition doesn't work if you aren't considering the implications of why what you're attacking was posted, and you don't need to see someone post to think about that - the surface level posting suggests hes not concerned with sorting alignment

Cringe away, I said from the start it was a layout of my thought process

Want to engage with you specifically because you've been posting things that are generally on the ball imo but I've not been getting a good feel for why or how you're getting there

If they were scum buddies I'd expect he enters the wagon with a definitive stance, at least sheeping the reasoning of someone else on the wagon or avoiding it entirely

I wasn't shading you? Was appreciating if anything, you had a situation where as scum you could have used your counterarguments as a means to easily transition into a justified vote but instead simply guided NSG away from their stance on cedrick, that you didn't is a positive marker for me

Alex's posts were more than decent they were hugely town telling and more than enough for my "over analysis" to sort them. Don't need to take 50 posts when they show you in two
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Lexa »

Responding to Luca in 393 damn that's a lot of posts in between ._.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 410, northsidegal wrote:
In post 403, Eddie Cane wrote:I really don't like Fitz, land I'm not the biggest fan of Havo and Mumble either. I joined for Lexa and RB being in a game together, a rare commidity. I was in the last rendition. What was different with his scum play there? I don't know him well enough to meta read him.
he can confirm or deny whether i'm representing this accurately but he came out of rvs with a scumread on someone way stronger than it had any business being for the reason that he had (self-voting in rvs), and he was wallposting responses which almost50 said that he's never seen town fitz do before. basically, he fabricated a read on someone and faked conviction in it, and i just don't see the same style or mindset in his play this game (kind of the opposite, really).
actually, i remember scum fitz wallposting a lot too. it's been a while and i don't think he knows what alt we played that on so that's fun. maybe he could be town, but if lexa reds i'm gonna be crosseyeing him a lot because that unvote and early game vote are both preeeeetty damn bad.
In post 406, northsidegal wrote:let's see here. i know the game started and got to a good number of pages before i even checked it, so thinking back i'm pretty sure it all started out with havo doing his hammer l-1 thing and then numberq running him up based on that, asking a lot of questions. lexa was there, awoo as well i think. i came in around page 5 i think and began by questioning numberq about
his
questioning, conversation didn't end up going anywhere really but i left it wanting to wait and see if numberq would actually come to any conclusions from his questions or just keep asking them to look busy. probably nothing really important happened for a few pages and then mumble entered the thread ...

oh wait, i think in that time i had my whole thing on cedrick and the "scumslip" or whatever. maybe that happened after the mumble thing. anyways, mumble entered the thread, voted lexa, they got into a whole argument that lasted a few pages.

after that, rb asked me a lot of stupid questions i think or just bothered me a lot, awoo came in stronger with the numberq scumread, alex did something maybe, and ....

kind of blanking at the end there. someone said i was disappointing them in my play, one of the few things that people can say to get me upset in mafia. then i think you replaced in.
i think my catchup might have fucked your memory, i quoted and/or referenced a /lot/ of 406 haha

rb's a reaction player and a tone reader. aka, 2x cancer in some people's minds. are you familiar with him? relevant for my follow up
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i think i read a game with him in it before my first game even started, and otherwise i'm only familiar with him from reading back through the bans / "stop getting banned" thread.

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Texas my eyes glaze over when I read your posts. That happens when you're scum. When you're town, you gamesolve and I nod my head and go along with it because we think similarily. this has been true in... every game i've seen you play on our home site? here, we've played together twice.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=71319 - game with lexa on site. svs. he subbed d1... not a lot to say

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=71353 - game with lexa on site. t me v s him. vigged n1, not a lot to say. did that garbage wallpost, though it's a /little/ different from here, wrapped around a bunch of sparse comments.

i will give lexa credit: his play here is different than those games. and, on our home site, i think i've seen 6 or 7 of his game... and all were town except 1. in that 1, it was similar to here, very glossy and just in general weak thoughts. texas has a pretty shitty scum game, and a pretty damn good town game. he's not playing pretty damn good here, and that means he's very likely scum.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 414, northsidegal wrote:i think i read a game with him in it before my first game even started, and otherwise i'm only familiar with him from reading back through the bans / "stop getting banned" thread.
oh

he's a reaction test player, and a tone reader. a lot of people don't like him because he can be a dick (including some of my friends), but I personally enjoy playing with him a lot. he's also a bit town leadery but not the "good" kind like nacho, more the bossy controlling kind like rc (who plays pretttty similarily, but less toney).

does that affect the "annoyed" part? more importantly, what's your read on the slot rn? it's probably my weakest TR but i do really want him to be town and his posting aligned with me at the earlier parts.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

This is annoying. I end up with too many townreads not scumreads. This is why I don't join newbie games anymore.

someone play w me :D
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 411, Lexa wrote:Not quoting because fuck formatting on mobile but responding to you Luca

Something can be inherently NAI (havo's principle) while being more probably town motivated (scum avoidance of policy Lynch). Straight forward

The key word in that sentence was reliably, if have doesn't believe that reads are reliable D1, something he said explicitly iirc, then it stands to reason he prefers to use flip analysis and role results as the core of his reading. Doesn't mean he'll never use behavior to make a read but by being unwilling to do it D1 it shows a possible tell against him if he were to start doing so D1

Sure it's a standard RVS opening for a standard game. Except this isn't really a standard game. Standard games don't typically have multiple wagons with potential momentum by the end of page 1. I don't believe riggs, or anyone, jumps in with an RVs vote without at least skimming the first page and noticing the numerous votes placed

Aside from the fact the stance isn't even contradictory you're missing the point, pointing out something surface level and using that as ammunition doesn't work if you aren't considering the implications of why what you're attacking was posted, and you don't need to see someone post to think about that - the surface level posting suggests hes not concerned with sorting alignment

Cringe away, I said from the start it was a layout of my thought process

Want to engage with you specifically because you've been posting things that are generally on the ball imo but I've not been getting a good feel for why or how you're getting there

If they were scum buddies I'd expect he enters the wagon with a definitive stance, at least sheeping the reasoning of someone else on the wagon or avoiding it entirely

I wasn't shading you? Was appreciating if anything, you had a situation where as scum you could have used your counterarguments as a means to easily transition into a justified vote but instead simply guided NSG away from their stance on cedrick, that you didn't is a positive marker for me

Alex's posts were more than decent they were hugely town telling and more than enough for my "over analysis" to sort them. Don't need to take 50 posts when they show you in two
more glaze
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Zito's townread is mostly tone. I get the vibe he considers himself above everyone itg but is also not a dick like some geriatric fucks and is being lighthearted. I haven't scumread one of his posts, and a few clicked while I was reading through; 326 is gold. 305 good. 298 is him being the only player who's reading mumble properly having no experience; null.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 416, Eddie Cane wrote:does that affect the "annoyed" part? more importantly, what's your read on the slot rn? it's probably my weakest TR but i do really want him to be town and his posting aligned with me at the earlier parts.
null, really. i felt like a lot of his questioning was pointless but nothing really stood out to me as overtly scummy.

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 420, northsidegal wrote:
In post 416, Eddie Cane wrote:does that affect the "annoyed" part? more importantly, what's your read on the slot rn? it's probably my weakest TR but i do really want him to be town and his posting aligned with me at the earlier parts.
null, really. i felt like a lot of his questioning was pointless but nothing really stood out to me as overtly scummy.
pointless questioning is often considered a scum tell

:shrug:

wya with reads?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by northsidegal »

not pointless in a scummy "asking questions to ask questions" way, just pointless in a "totally misses the point of what i'm saying" way.

still have lexa scum, fitz town, havo seemed like town, luca too (although he seems to have changed his style so not sure on that one), mumble as townlean for things that come to mind immediately. otherwise the read either doesn't come to mind, isn't meaningful enough to be worth mentioning or is a ~secret~!!!

things fall apart
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

where did you go lexa and luca :(
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 363, Beefster wrote:
Official Vote Count 1-7
Lexa
(4): Alexcellent, Mumble, northsidegal, Eddie Cane
Mumble
(4): Cedrick, Guy_Named_Riggs, Lexa, rb
Cedrick
(1): Papa Zito
Eddie Cane
(1): Awoo

Not Voting
(3): havingfitz, Luca Blight, Havo

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2018-02-23 09:00:00)

Nothing has actually changed other than Eddie Cane's replace in, but I need this for my vote counter.
GNR Lexa Fitz team gn

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”