Micro 768: Geriatric Grey Flag Nightless - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Keychain »

Ooh I see things got started.

Jingle, your response looks like your attack on Korts is more to defend yourself from an RVS joke that went wrong than it is because you think he's scum. Also you seem to be making the assumption that Reck is town based on Korts being scum. Early for that.

That said, Reck's also looked pretty tongue in cheek to me so Korts's follow on was unexpected and felt out of place.

also hi Jingle, nice to see you again :wink: and hi Ari!
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Keychain »

Responses for things people have addressed to me

Spoiler: Athena 18
In post 18, CultOfAthena wrote:I like Jingle's posting so far – he's getting the game moving.

VOTE: Keychain
Why no vote?
In post 29, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 21, xRECKONERx wrote:This is scumtacular too.
- Emptyreading someone for something non-alignment indicative.
- Voting someone for low hanging fruit.
Low-hanging fruit? I'm voting keychain to get her to respond – you know, using your vote as a tool, and all that cliché such and such.
Why did you think that just asking the question wouldn't get a response? The assumption is you're voting something you at least find partially scummy, not just to show you mean serious business with your kind of arbitrary question.

At that point I was interested in voting Jingle to follow up on my post, but that would have put him to L-1, so I didn't.

Spoiler: Reck 20
xRECKONERx wrote: - Jingle openly states that his thing was a "bait", not an RVS joke. Why do you believe it to be the opposite?
In post 12, Jingle wrote:
In post 11, Korts wrote:
In post 5, Jingle wrote:VOTE: Korts

Chainsaw defense.
Hmmm can you elaborate? Am I the perpetrator of this chainsaw defense, or are you justifying your vote with it? And do you mean the PolarBoy or the Tarhalindur version of the chainsaw defense?
No, I'm performing a Tarhalindur chainsaw defense by defending Ari from you by voting you. Likely to win over his good graces so that he'll influence the game in my favor with his almighty skittles powers.

VOTE: Luca Blight

OMGUS
This looked like a joke to me. It may be the phrase "almighty skittles powers" that's skewing me in that direction :wink: He said it was bait afterwards, but explaining something in hindsight like that after it got him voted is not particularly convincing to me.
xRECKONERx wrote: - Why is it early to say "I don't see two scum jumping on the same vote early"? When is it not too early?
I think someone else has already said this - I don't think it's too early to say that, no. I think it's too early to say "I think Korts is scum and I don't see two scum jumping on the same vote early therefore Reck is town". Like the extra extrapolation to you being town is what I think is too early. Your final question of this section is very much in the spirit of "how many grains of sand makes a pile?". I would say before a scum flip is probably too early, but that's just me.
xRECKONERx wrote: - The extra add-on feels like you buttering up Jingle to be scum while also banking on a push on Korts. Hard not to feel like an early hedging of bets.
I see scummy things in both of them. Do you expect me to only have one scumread at a time?

Spoiler: insanity 23
In post 23, insanity018 wrote:
In post 16, Keychain wrote:
That said, Reck's also looked pretty tongue in cheek to me so Korts's follow on was unexpected and felt out of place.
I see Korts's post(s) as similarly tongue in cheek. Why do you think that Korts sounds more out of place than Reck?
I'm referring to post , which was only two words. This could be because I tend to attribute more seriousness to votes that are closer to lynch - it was L-2 and looked like it was taking seriously the reasoning Reck had given.

VOTE: CultOfAthena

While I don't want to rehash insanity's post , I agree with most of what they've said.

I disagree that a lack of transparency as described in is somehow scum indicative, but being pedantic over details to the point of nitpicking tends to divert town away from scumhunting and immediately using self meta to excuse superficial questioning is scummy.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Keychain »

I'm going to continue to be a wee bit scarce until the holiday period is done, sorry about that :-(

I'll be around later today.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:23 am

Post by Keychain »

Happy new year! It's almost 4:30am! :D

Korts, I'm voting CultOfAthena and I'm still happy with that after actually paying attention a wee bit more. Summary: her questions are generally superficial (like if someone states a read with nothing behind it she'll ask why but not really anything deeper, for example the questions insanity highlighted
In post 30, CultOfAthena wrote:
Also, Luca may be scum.
Mind explaining this?
In post 29, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 24, insanity018 wrote:I am liking Reck for town at the moment. Townlean on Aristophanes as well.
Why do you think Aristo is town?
) - with the first one it looked like Jingle was baiting someone into asking about it but she didn't seem to show interest in that, and I haven't seen her form any reads off the information she's gotten. She picks at theory points that aren't really alignment indicative considering that she says she looking for genuineness but someone can genuinely believe their theory as town or scum
In post 37, CultOfAthena wrote: It does contribute something towards solving the game – I think that anyone going off of what Jingle said would be lead to false conclusions, so I pointed that out. What I was saying wasn't even mainly about Korts and Reck, it was about Jingle. I'm mainly looking to see how Jingle responds. If, for example, he continues to push his point and his reasoning doesn't feel genuine, that begs further questions about his motivations and why he might be pushing that narrative. If he responds and his thought process feels genuine, that indicates to me that he's probably town, even if I disagree with what he's saying – that kind of examinating of the game seems more likely to come from town than to be fabricated by scum, to me.
, and she doesn't follow through on things that she says are of interest to her such as "liking" Jingle for getting the game moving but then not really looking into the motivations behind why RayFrost might have been waiting - instead she focused on the fact that he stated it. She's also been very cagey with her own reads while insisting others explain theirs.

However it would have been nicer to direct that to Athena rather than indirectly attacking her like this, so Athena - I think I only saw the insanity townread explicitly stated, and that didn't seem to come from your questioning, so what reads have you formed through your style of questioning?
In addition, what do you think about RayFrost choosing to wait before getting involved? do you think it's more likely to come from town or scum, compared to Jingle's getting stuck in?
And the theory is an area where I think scum have the easiest time coming across genuine, as Jingle was explaining that he's done before as scum. You looking for genuineness there is pretty questionable to me.
You asked me two questions regarding considering your points meaningless pedantry and the superficiality of your questioning but I think I've answered both of them here, but feel free to restate them if I haven't. The other one was about L-1. I'm not so worried about the possibility of a quickhammer, especially not in this game, it's just personal preference. If a wagon is sizable, I'd rather my reads are a reasonable strength before I join it.

insanity
, I've got a little puddle of people I'm not interested in lynching - you, Reck, Ari - a little puddle of people I am interested in lynching - Athena, Jingle, RayFrost - and a couple of people I'm just generally interested in and need to read more carefully - Korts, Luca.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Keychain »

Jingle quotes:

Keychain was in a game where she was my scumbuddy and watched me dance around the gallows convincingly for pretty much the entire time as one of if not her first scumgames before winning LYLO. It was, if it is not too arrogant of me to say so, one of the examples of my better scumgames. Thus, I assume she vastly overestimates my skill level and will be extremely wary of me regardless of her alignment, meaning she was unlikely to be ringleader to such a plan in this case, regardless of capability or inclination.
in made me laugh, I forgot to say. That was my first scumgame, yes. Also my first win!
There's the repetition, with everything else snipped. Granted, I was most of the content in the thread at the time in one way or another, but it rubs me the wrong way. Having everything be about me and still not being on my wagon is pretty :igmeou: .
The answers to each player were made complete in themselves, so yeah there was repetition. Just because there was something regarding you in every answer doesn't mean it was "all about you", it's because the answers required some mention of you. And that early in the game I'm never that keen on L-1, regardless of my read on the player, because reads need time to develop.
It feels like you're kicking up dirt over nothing here.
As of this point in the game, I have two fairly strong town reads, 3 fairly strong scumreads, and 2 leans scum reads. I am relatively certain that the 3 strong scum reads are not scum together (though I could easily see being right about 2/3). The last player sits just on the town side of the null town border, but is by no means a strong read. I believe both of my town reads are voting town, but am significantly less sure about one than the other. I am not willing to put names to any of these players at this time, but will be happy to when certain things resolve themselves.
not sure what the entire point of this paragraph is. So easy to retcon as scum, while being no use to town.
I have not made a single townmotivated post in this entire game with the exception of my vote on Ray Frost. The rest of that post wasn't townmotivated. I've intentionally been spewing nulltells left, right and center this entire game (which you've picked up on to at least some extent), and yet, for some reason I'm your third strongest townread because I read as genuine? When literally the rest of your reasoning regarding me is things that should be considered suspicious? I'm calling bullshit. The only reasons I'm not jumping up and down screaming from the rafters after your lynch right now is that I'm barely above your null reads, Luca is doing something very similar, and I have other suspicions I want to flesh out. Consider this a challenge to find where I come across as genuine.
Eh?
"spewing nulltells"? This paragraph puzzles me. Like having such a firm fixed idea of how other players should be perceiving you seems unlikely.

Key is clearly dancing around a scumread on me, but isn't doing anything to further said read or put pressure on me. I'll go back and double check, but assuming she knows I like to be put to L-1 early and often as both alignments, the reasoning for that is spotty. Since she chose not to vote me, I explained that not voting at all is antitown she has sheeped insanity's case on CoA, but at the time was voting no one. Her response to being questioned was all about the activity surrounding me (not actually me specifically, as pointed out by CoA) and not at all about the case she finds compelling, or her own scumreads, or anything else. A pair of mitigating factors here are that most of the activity HAS been around me to some extent so far and she has been inactive, but I don't think that explains away all of it. Regardless, bigger fish to fry (and frankly, I'd like to see her get her sea legs under her and wow me.)
If this is what you consider dancing, I'm saddened! I... did not know you like to be voted early, considering you replaced into the only game we've played together N1. Tbh I'm hard hearted and didn't really care. I don't like L-1 that early.
My vote was not due to you explaining that not voting at all is antitown. I didn't make an RVS vote because I found myself awkwardly caught between having a real vote I wanted to make and not wanting to make it because of the size of the wagon, so I didn't. But hey, when there was someone I wanted to vote, I was still happy to vote them, because not making an RVS vote does not somehow equal vote abstinence for the whole game.
My responses to being questioned were responses to the questions, so they involved things pertinent to the questions.

Oh, I'd love to wow you but we'll see how that goes, I do so much better when I'm not trying to impress. Mostly what I find kind of funny is that you're so upset about me "dancing around" a scumread on you without sealing it with a vote but you're equally dancing around one on me.

Also, to follow up on this, in the game I referenced I did not discuss my personal preference for being at L-1 in the main thread. I did discuss the importance of L-1's to the efficacy of VCA, and the silliness of being unwilling to vote people to L-1 while maintaining an expectation of no quickhammers/hammers without claims in the main thread. Considering she thanked me for the advice I gave her in the scum PT and said it helped her win another game, I'm fairly certain she took the advice and theory crafting to heart.

Yeah the advice in the scum PT was great and it has helped me improve, but the amount of absolute nonsense you were talking in the main thread meant anything you said there has not had the same kind of sticking effect so not sure why you'd assume I remembered it. I don't remember your VCA lecture, I'll go find it later probably maybe remind me if I forget.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:11 am

Post by Keychain »

Hopefully no heart attacks but I think Reck had a birthday so happy birthday!

In post 86, Jingle wrote:
In post 85, Keychain wrote:
Jingle wrote:I have not made a single townmotivated post in this entire game with the exception of my vote on Ray Frost. The rest of that post wasn't townmotivated. I've intentionally been spewing nulltells left, right and center this entire game (which you've picked up on to at least some extent), and yet, for some reason I'm your third strongest townread because I read as genuine? When literally the rest of your reasoning regarding me is things that should be considered suspicious? I'm calling bullshit. The only reasons I'm not jumping up and down screaming from the rafters after your lynch right now is that I'm barely above your null reads, Luca is doing something very similar, and I have other suspicions I want to flesh out. Consider this a challenge to find where I come across as genuine.
Eh?
"spewing nulltells"? This paragraph puzzles me. Like having such a firm fixed idea of how other players should be perceiving you seems unlikely.
Is your issue with this that I shouldn't be aware of how other people will perceive me? Cause I am, a good 70% of the time, just as a matter of the style of play I have and the sheer number of games I've read. Is your issue that you see either Kort's or Luca's townreads on me as reasonable? If so, elaborate. Is your issue that you don't think I'm right about how I'm being treated there? If so, elaborate.
My "issue" is that you're treating yourself like a bundle of tells rather than a player with motivation. I suppose it's untrue that it's unlikely - I know there are players with a good understanding of how they will be perceived and I have no doubt you could be one of them, but this feels disingenuous I think is the word I'm looking for. It's such a narrow focus that it seems more like scum catching a perceived misstep than town looking for scum. Town frequently have a variety of different perspectives on any one player.
In post 86, Jingle wrote: I addressed this mostly when talking to Kam and Faraday
(Not that one)
about their reluctance to ever vote, but also when I replaced in and there was only really two wagons to analyze D1. And for what it's worth, I never intentionally lie about game theory in the R2R. Mislead? All the time. But anything I posted there that was game theory is either something I genuinely believe to be at least conditionally true.
:lol: at the bolded. He's going by another username now.
Yeah but certain things will always stick better than others - and directed advice will always stick with me better than generalised theory, because there's so many opinions on the latter.

I have your Ari case to look at more closely because it's kind of difficult to follow but my initial impression is that I think you're oversure.

insanity018 wrote:
Spoiler: Non game-related thing I just realised about Keychain
I didn't realise that Aotearoa is New Zealand!
It is! :] Is that not common knowledge in Australia? That's pretty interesting.

In post 93, Aristophanes wrote:Do I actually syill havs a Reck vote ? Lmfao
UNVOTE:

I like you insanity. Jingle feels like scum pushing a narratinmve tbh.

I dont lime their conclusions. They feel
xoncenuevt
I cannot for the life of me work out what this bolded word is

Spoiler: Jester Nightless Jingle off topic stuff
In post 97, Jingle wrote:Oh, hey. This is entirely off topic, but inappropriate to send by pm because it was directly influenced by this game. I’ve decided to run a jester nightless in the micro queue, Keychain. Any of you are welcome to prein, though I expect it to be functionally the opposite of a geriatric game. I mention this here because I ran into keychain commenting on an old jester nightless game of mine in a dead thread while meta-ing and felt it would be inappropriate to pm due to the confirmation that I AM in fact reading through other games. As Key can tell you, my use of meta shouldn’t be an alignment tell for me, but I wanted to avoid even the possibility of giving additional information to just one person in the game. And now I’m going to sleep for 12 hours or until someone wakes me up with an emergency.
yo I've played with you in one game to my knowledge so I'm no Jingle expert
Yes! That was one of the first ms games I ever read and it's where I recognised you from after you replaced in on your main. Thanks for the heads-up! Not sure if I'll be able to play but we'll see.

Still need to read Korts and Luca Blight.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:24 am

Post by Keychain »

Welcome Hopkirk!

@Jingle : The redux is very much appreciated - I think I understand better what you're getting at.

Why would Ari as scum knowingly lie about his meta? It seems to me that lack of awareness of his own play is not alignment indicative. Or am I still missing the point somewhere?

So I read Korts's posts!
I'm inclined towards a townread there right now - I consider general straightforwardness and frustration with overcomplication rarer from scum who already know what's up, and I get a very similar reaction to Jingle so I see where he's coming from there.
However at the same time there's quite a few words in his posts such as and which appear to just be the game summarised. Summarising as content is easy to manufacture as scum, far easier than analysis, and in particular the large amount of notes in do not seem to translate to a large amount of meat in the reads section, so the entire act of including the summary feels purposeless and for show.

Spoiler: made me laugh
In post 77, Korts wrote:Oh, please. I took my vote off someone I didn't want it on. When I figure out who I want it on, I place it there, like I have. There is no deadline, there is no rush. Settle down.
I think this could very well be my favourite thing anyone has said in this game.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:40 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 136, insanity018 wrote:
In post 131, Keychain wrote:However at the same time there's quite a few words in his posts such as and which appear to just be the game summarised. Summarising as content is easy to manufacture as scum, far easier than analysis, and in particular the large amount of notes in do not seem to translate to a large amount of meat in the reads section, so the entire act of including the summary feels purposeless and for show.
What from his summary section do you think is not translating into the reads section?
For example, he talks a lot about Jingle in his summary, but his read is apparently distilled down to "overdone but genuine". He doesn't really link it to all the things he noted such as Jingle's dislike of me not voting him, and the "playing coy" and "baiting" he mentions later in the summary. Despite what he says on Athena and her actions, his read is "I don't have a reliable read. Hoping that changes." I don't see what the point in including the summary is if it's not backing up the reads.

In post 141, Jingle wrote:
In post 139, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 118, xRECKONERx wrote:I actually find that replacement pretty scummy.
Since a couple people have mentioned this... I just think CoA did enough scummy shit that the drop out looks more in response to pressure than most replacements I've seen.
This is circular logic.
Can you explain this further? If someone in a certain position acts in a way you would expect from scum in that position, why is scumreading them for that circular logic?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Keychain »

So in a kind of "thinking out loud" kind of way? The impression I was getting was that it
looked
useful but didn't seem to follow through to
being
useful. Like padding.

Also I forgot to say - bye Luca, welcome ASP!
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 166, Aristophanes wrote:
insanity018 wrote:Ari has been posting around the site, but still refuses to contribute anything here.
I seem to have little motivation for this game in particular and I don't exactly know why. Every time I come here I just stop feeling like playing and check another thread instead!
Well that's no good! :(
In post 167, Aristophanes wrote:I still think the case on me is bull though.
How do you feel about the votes on you and the players who placed them? For reference that's RayFrost, Hopkirk, insanity and Korts. You've only really mentioned Jingle, but he's not even on your wagon, he's just pushing it.

Spoiler: Some of Jingle's case
In post 129, Jingle wrote: When asked about evidence, he shifted the argument. He claimed that the particular instance I found was nonrepresentative, and then twisted it around to point to why he doesn't personally lolhammer, though he did in that game. He didn't say "Oh, I guess I was wrong." He didn't withdraw the statement. He didn't reevaluate his response. Any of these would point to a genuine misunderstanding of his meta. Any of these would have given me cause to doubt my reasoning leading to Ari is scum. Instead, he tried to change the focus.

When confronted with evidence, he shifts the argument. He assigns a set of conditions to the behavior, getting more specific rather than less about the circumstances in which he would vote L-1 and focusing harder on the attempt to shift the argument to actually lolhammering. He says that the game I referenced is also an exception to the other bit of self meta he provided, as though that would excuse the lie. In short, every single piece of 88 is designed to say that the evidence I have doesn't really matter.

After further evidence, he at first throws his hands up in the air and gives up saying simply that he isn't scum. But then, with very little prompting, he comes back to claim that I'm pushing a narrative and that my posting is "convenient" (literally the only word that I can see that being.)

tl;dr It isn't the meta that makes him scum. It's the lie and the reactions. And not even that he lied, but HOW he lied.

The above is the most convincing part of Jingle's case in my opinion. It would help to hear your side on why you reacted the way you did.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 174, insanity018 wrote:Keychain, you have commented on Jingle's case but I can't see what your current read of Aristophanes is. What is your read of Aristophanes at the moment?
I still find him town.

Jingle phrases it in a very condemning way but reading through Ari's ISO, I don't really see anything wrong with how he responded to the meta case. is a reasonable response. He admits he got it wrong in , while iirc Jingle was using the lack of such a statement as part of his case. I might be wrong on that.

I can understand the thought pattern behind and - and he appears to be scumreading someone for using meta conclusions, which is a really odd tack to take as scum if the meta is true.

His response to me:
In post 170, Aristophanes wrote:On the spoilered case, I thought I was right, I gave you the set of stipulations I believed were true, I then was proven incorrect and gave in to what must be my new meta. I have said this time and time again now.
is what I see when I look through his ISO. And the quote Hopkirk pointed out:
In post 172, Aristophanes wrote:Hopkirk post I fluffed a response to.
is just... why would scum ever be this honest? The action is scummy but the way he said it just sounds like town who doesn't care about how they look.

The whole "oh no you're going to mislynch me :(" kind of argument gives me pause, but at the same time I think scum would be pretty loathe to let a partner go down on D1 so why would the game be so still if this were a scum lynch?

Not really a fan of this lynch or this wagon.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Post by Keychain »

Welcome, TheGoldenParadox!

In post 189, Korts wrote:Oh hey, looks like I haven't posted in a few days. I didn't really have much to say that I haven't already said, but I'll figure something out tomorrow.
If you could go into some kind of depth on your Ari read, I would find that really helpful. Like for/against him being scum.

In post 191, insanity018 wrote:
In post 180, Keychain wrote:
In post 174, insanity018 wrote:Keychain, you have commented on Jingle's case but I can't see what your current read of Aristophanes is. What is your read of Aristophanes at the moment?
I still find him town.

Jingle phrases it in a very condemning way but reading through Ari's ISO, I don't really see anything wrong with how he responded to the meta case. is a reasonable response. He admits he got it wrong in , while iirc Jingle was using the lack of such a statement as part of his case. I might be wrong on that.

I can understand the thought pattern behind and - and he appears to be scumreading someone for using meta conclusions, which is a really odd tack to take as scum if the meta is true.
I find your response interesting because I disagree with many of your points.

Well, while Ari admits he is wrong in , straight afterwards in , he immediately goes back to his old position, "Like, I see where I selfmeta'd incorrectly (I guess my playstyle has evolved without me noticing) and I do believe it is dependant on the game and situation."

The thing is despite Ari hating Jingle's meta case and calling it dumb multiple times, he still doesn't express a scumread on Jingle. What do you make of the fact that Aristophanes doesn't vote for Jingle after getting rid of his RVS vote? I don't understand the thought pattern at all. Ari describes Jingle as 'scum pushing a narrative' and 'convenient' (). But ultimately, Ari tries to placate(?) Jingle "I think you have a chance of actually scumhunting but my gut says yoy may be faking it" (), before saying that Jingle feels off but not strong enough to warrant a vote (). This doesn't feel like the thought pattern of town thinks scum is pushing a narrative on him at all.
Keychain wrote:
The whole "oh no you're going to mislynch me :(" kind of argument gives me pause, but at the same time I think scum would be pretty loathe to let a partner go down on D1 so why would the game be so still if this were a scum lynch?
I'm not too worried about the timing. I think this wagon has formed quite slowly and there has been a fair amount of resistance, particularly at the start. (If Jingle is town and Ari town), I would have thought scum would have been more likely to jump onto a 'scumslip case'. There's also quite a few inactive slots, which is contributing to the game being still.

Also, what is your current read of Jingle?
"despite Ari hating Jingle's meta case and calling it dumb multiple times, he still doesn't express a scumread on Jingle. What do you make of the fact that Aristophanes doesn't vote for Jingle after getting rid of his RVS vote?" - Someone pushing a bad case on you doesn't make them scum. I would actually consider the lack of retaliation to be more likely to come from town.

But you're right in that it's really weird that he'd then make that comment in about Jingle being scum but not acting on it. That suggests that the lack of retaliation I townread might be a deliberate choice. Like despite voicing a scumread, he's not acting on it. Is that what you mean regarding it not seeming like a town thought process or am I missing your point?

I don't really consider the amount of resistance at the start to mean as much as the activity that would be generated by scum trying to save a partner as they neared lynch.

I don't know how I feel about Jingle right now to be quite honest.

In post 194, TheGoldenParadox wrote:I don't believe this hammer should happen yet. From my understanding of the game Ari looks too much like town for this nonsense, which looks slightly like a scum-piled wagon. I'm pretty sure we'll find scum currently on this wagon, because I'm not sure of Ari's guilt.
UNVOTE: Aristophanes
I'm ok with Korts, pretty townie posting from what I can see. Reck looks fine too.
Hopkirk is slightly leaning scum to me.
ASP is null: not enough posts to determine yet.
Jingle looks townie. I like their game progression.
That leaves Keychain.
I'm almost 100% sure scum is within Ari, Key, Hop.
Right now I prefer lynching hopkirk simply because they look more scummy. key+Hop is a viable scumteam.
VOTE: Hopkirk
It looks like insanity pointed out some issues with this post but my immediate one was that you ended with "That leaves Keychain" as if you'd listed all the players, but you skipped her.
You've also given zero reasons for any of the players that you do have a read on or what might link Hopkirk and me. Those things would be good to hear.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Keychain »

That is only really arguing in favour of him being scum, which isn't quite the pro/con thing I was looking for, but thank you anyway.

insanity018 wrote: Why do you see Aristophanes' thought process as coming from town?
While in he gives way, in he actually still acknowledges that to some extent he may have been wrong but says that he believes his story was consistent. If he was scum being inconsistent I think he would have tried to draw attention away from the inconsistency.

From he carries this through and expresses suspicion against Jingle. This makes more sense to me from town who believes they are in the right.

However the more he stalls and evades the thread, the more twitchy I get about this townread.

I've got a long weekend! So I'm going to be away for a wee while. I'm hoping when I get back there'll be content from Reck, Ari and the ASP slot to work with maybe.

@Mod: V/LA for three days.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Post by Keychain »

Welcome BlackVoid! Keen to play with you again and definitely interested to hear a catch-up.

In post 213, insanity018 wrote: @Keychain, thanks for your response. I still disagree with you that those things make Ari more likely to be town. I notice that you're still voting CultofAthena/Hopkirk. Do you have any thoughts on Hopkirk's play since replacing into the slot?
I'm not anymore since the lynch, but the question is worth answering regardless.

I don't remember how much I said about this, but I can give my thoughts on his ISO at this point in time. He was less scummy than CoA for sure but nothing about his play made me inclined to take my vote off him.

I found the way he came into the thread fighting scumreads on Athena to be super reactionary - like reading through there is some scumhunting which I would expect from town replacing in, but mostly his posts revolve around the reads on his predecessor.

This piece of analysis:
In post 156, Hopkirk wrote:I didn’t get the townread on insanity. I didn’t like her by this time due to the unjustified looking push on CoA. If Insanity was his top townread here then I don’t follow why he’s going after Jingle instead of joining her on CoA. Overall, I got the impression here he was trying to buddy a bit with insanity who had Reckless as town and Jingle as suspicious. Also, this would make Insanity more likely town if Reckless flipped scum since it seems less likely to occur between partners.
feels too complex to be real, if that makes sense. Like reading through it I have difficulty seeing how all these little threads add up to a coherent read.
In post 181, Hopkirk wrote:@Insanity: I don’t ‘scumread’ you. That’s too hard a term. I’m suspicious and working on sorting you. I’m most suspicious of Ari/Reckless right now. You seem like a less likely partner for either.
Backing off when confronted seems like he's avoiding conflict with you, and the later picking over whether you'd noticed his formatting was broken feels like kind of a weak attempt to find something to poke at which was easily resolved.

I would like to reread I think, before I vote again.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:17 pm

Post by Keychain »

Paradox, you kind of just ignored the whole exchange between Korts and Hopkirk about those games and how apparently in only one of them is Hopkirk town. It would have been nice to get links but I can find the games myself to check.

If you think he's playing different, I would like something concrete. would be an example of how to do that.

In post 246, Hopkirk wrote:@Keychain: The first point there isn’t complex. I’m saying Reck looks fake since he says he has a strong townread on Insanity but doesn’t act like he does. If he hard townreads her for her stuff on CoA he should be voting CoA with her at that point.
Also, I townread Insanity based on those interactions. It sounds like you’re trying to paint it like I’m nitpicking her then scumreading her for it.
This point you've said here isn't complex, no, but it is still flawed. You can easily townread someone for a read without strictly agreeing with it and voting with them, since it's generally more about whether you believe that read is likely to come from town or scum than whether it's the same as yours.
I said it's overly complex because while you have this core idea, you also have the theory that it's a buddying attempt, and also an opinion on the associatives between them with the assumption that Reck is scum. Like that seems a lot of things to layer on.
It's true that coming out of that weird formatting discussion with a townread is a point in your favour (though if you'd managed to scumread someone over something like that, I'd have been pretty perplexed) - but it still doesn't erase the fact that you appeared to avoid conflict over a read and instead manufactured it over a detail that seemed fairly meaningless.

In post 268, Korts wrote:
In post 267, Hopkirk wrote:The games he mentioned were actually groupscum, town, and (third party that changes alignment) in a upick that I broke.
Soooo just random noise then, not actually relevant analysis.

I don't read this as incompetence. It looks much more like taking the piss.
... Is taking the piss scum indicative? If so, I'd be interested in hearing what you think suggests Paradox is deliberately making such bizarre arguments and isn't just a bit clueless.

On another note I'm more than happy to totally shelve Jingle for today. Losing momentum after Ari flipped town is towny considering if he pushed that wagon as scum I'd expect him to try for another today instead of stalling.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:57 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 278, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 276, Hopkirk wrote:First off, there's no incentive for me to actually lie about that since (one would assume) TGP would correct me in his next post. I simply mistook the games for more recent ones with similar names.

Oh, I think he was referencing my last three completed games: Dragon Hunters, Beyond
death
and
grand
idea. The names are very similar, and it didn't make sense for him to be referencing the ones he actually did.

Greatest idea was an ongoing game when he said he'd metad me (though finished when he said the name), so I assumed he wasn't referncing that one.
I wasn't referencing it; however I was waiting for it to be over to add it to the list because you were very obvtown there.

Marked for death I assumed he wasn't mentioning because I had two other town games since then that he hadn't mentioned (one shorter, one longer). I don't see why he'd scroll that far down instead of picking recent ones.
I wanted to scroll back a little further to get the idea of a larger timeframe.

In which case I'd like to know why TGP picked MfD, and why he didn't notice I was confused about which ones they were. Also- since he didn't look at a scumgame- why he didn't look at my scumgame.
I'm sorry, I must have missed the post where you were confused. Can you please link me to that?
Plus all the other questions he'd been asked.
VOTE: TheGoldenParadox
L-1 again.

Really not big on this post, and I feel like it's considerably more likely to be scum unable to come up with a convincing response to the questions and stalling until their wagon hopefully diminishes.

In post 281, xRECKONERx wrote:VOTE: Korts

Been feelin' like I'm being blinded by how much I love Korts and I think his recent attack on Hopkirk was weak. And he knew it was weak. It was for show, not for real.
It didn't really look like an attack to me, it was there and gone too quick if you're talking about .
But it does sound like similar reasoning to what I was thinking regarding Hopkirk engaging insanity over her ignoring the formatting issue with his post. Do you have an opinion on that?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Keychain »

Eek, it's been a while since I've posted, my apologies for that. I'm also totally fine with that hammer. Jingle when you say you're going to do more meta after, what in particular are you talking about?

In post 293, Keychain wrote:
In post 281, xRECKONERx wrote:VOTE: Korts

Been feelin' like I'm being blinded by how much I love Korts and I think his recent attack on Hopkirk was weak. And he knew it was weak. It was for show, not for real.
It didn't really look like an attack to me, it was there and gone too quick if you're talking about .
But it does sound like similar reasoning to what I was thinking regarding Hopkirk engaging insanity over her ignoring the formatting issue with his post. Do you have an opinion on that?
Reck your new username colour is very pretty but did you ignore this deliberately or accidentally?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Keychain »

I'm rereading from the start. Close reading takes time for me (I think I'm more likely to pick up on connections between players if I read the game thread as a whole rather than ISOing players) but here are my notes from the first two pages. So far I think scum is most likely in Hopkirk and Jingle. Then Korts, BlackVoid, insanity, Reck. In that order.

CoA/Hopkirk

Haha I didn't realise but 's "Well, to be pedantic for a moment I never called it towny – I said I liked it." reminds me of 's "It's not a question of what's good or bad, but what is scummy, and superficial questioning is scummy." from Luca. Early defensiveness and again a repeat of a Luca comment on insanity's Ari townread - "Explain this Ari townread to me." in Luca's -> "Why do you think Aristo is town?" in CoA's . In , "Why? What's the end goal of that?" is a rerun of a similar comment by Jingle in - which she clearly read, because she then goes on to comment on it. That's a fairly shocking lack of independent thought.
"This is weak. If anything, this would be the time in the game where scum might associate themselves the closest, given the volativity of wagons and the ease of dissociating yourself from your partner in choosing which early game wagon to follow. A shift in opinion at this stage in the game is to be expected, meaning scum could easily partner up now only to shift away later – a large shift in opinion later in the game would be subject to far more scrutiny." is a good comment, though insanity's point in that CoA is actually not using it for sorting is perceptive and does change how I feel about it. CoA ends the post with a question about Jingle's Luca scumread that seems to lack any interest in probing for the motivations for Jingle to make a naked statement. There's no real interest. It also seems like the sort of thing Jingle would jump on, but he didn't, which suggests partners to me.
Immediately responds to insanity's vote in with self-meta. :igmeou:

Jingle

Quickchange early vote off Korts is weird and seems like early scum positioning.
"I don’t see two scum jumping so blatantly for such an obvious piece of bait." in is a good point and I agree. Korts and Reck are very unlikely to be scum together.
: "But intentionally holding back at this point in the game gains me nothing, as either alignment." I don't understand how he can make this comment and then be so reticent later on. Even in the same post he states a scumread on Luca without giving anything.
The next paragraph goes over my head but feels like it's wayyy overexplaining. The easy push comment seems fair though and "What possible gain does town you have from this? Is there a reaction that makes me town? Scum? Or is this just more empty fluff trying to look like you're scumhunting when you already knew exactly what I was doing and wanted to look proactive?" this line of thought is very town.
's two paragraphs of overexplanation in response to CoA leaves me questioning how genuine this could really be.

Korts

Early posting at is digging for content, but it's also one of those questions that seems to be just looking for things to poke at without much behind it. Early game, though.
Following Reck's joke seems so much like scum buddying but again, could be town driving content.
The kind of... up-in-arms tone he's using in feels very defensive.
: "That whole line of questioning was to get him to explicitly commit to the scum claim." :roll:
I do like the way he's meeting Luca's push though. And 's "Yeah nah you're kinda overthinking it. You think I'm being calculated and actually scumhunting at this point. No, I'm just stirring shit up, and you gave the apropos." just seems like the kind of statement that would come from a townie early game. Scum want to look like they're scumhunting.
responds to CoA's echo of Jingle's more accusatory question and ignores the first one which seems like it could point to being more likely partners with CoA than Jingle.
's dropping of the thread with Jingle is something I associate with town. Then he uh also responds to the same question he responded to in . "[...] and I didn't want to just OMGUS without a coherent reason" is a red flag to me though. Self consciousness such as this is scummy.
Luca in makes a very good point - the fact that Korts didn't want to voice the suspicion out of apparent self-conciousness but is totally okay with doing so after the player he's currently voting does doesn't really jibe with a town mindset to me.

Luca Blight/BlackVoid

I did not actually end up ISOing Luca Blight when I promised! My cardinal sin of choice is sloth, I apologise.
His early post in outlines similar problems I had with Korts's and , and seeking early conflict seems promising. Good follow up with a vote on Korts after outlining the scumread.
I kind of blanked out the whole Luca-answering-questions-for-other-people debate while it was happening. I see some of that in when he answers for myself and CoA in response to insanity. It seems largely due to eagerness right now from my perspective.
He also picks up on the unexplained Ari townread from insanity.
First part of is shallow and busywork. The answer to Korts's question "It's showing both sides of the coin. Jingle townreads him based on his flawed reasoning that you're probably not partners, but also shows the side of Reck's play he hasn't liked so far. Just because you townread someone, it doesn't mean that read has to be locked down forever and you can't make small reference points to refer back to later on. I think everyone does this to some degree." shows a better depth of thought but I don't think it's not exactly fakeable.
's "You're the one twisting what I said into a reason why you must be scum." is the kind of fingerpointing that I expect from townies. The next point is also very strong.

insanity

: I agree with the dislike of but the rest of the post is shallow. The reads in also don't seem to follow from the previous posts, though the reason for the Reck townread was provided in the same post.
is a good post in a lot of ways. She was questioned on multiple points and her answers are frank and transparent. She follows up the CoA scumread with a vote in and there's a good point here - I said I liked the theory statement from CoA, but as stated here CoA is not actually using it to sort anyone in this game.

Reck

seems tentative but the questions are good and shows that he's really not avoiding conflict.
... Not much Reck of interest in the first two pages!
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 369, insanity018 wrote:I am wondering though - why didn't you vote Hopkirk in Day 2?
Daystart made me unvote. My next vote was on TGP in . I was conflicted over whether my Hopkirk read was on the wrong track so I was looking into other options - one of those options was TGP, who became a stronger scumread after his actions as his wagon grew.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by Keychain »

Jingle : I would say that Korts/Reck is the only pair I see as so unlikely to be scum together as to completely strike.
In post 361, Jingle wrote: From this, in order for KortsScum to be a plausible choice, Hopkirk has to be scum. Thus, Korts is strictly off of my lynch choices list for today. In order for Ins to be scum, Reck has to be scum, which precludes her being a lynch today as well.
I don't understand this point, sorry. Is this you removing your townreads from consideration?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 384, Jingle wrote:Could you explain why you think the other scumteams can't be ruled out? Or ask questions about why I think they can be?

Also, glad to see the return of the fairy avvy, Key.
It's a different fairy avvy this time :wink: Sorry for the delay.

The other teams you ruled out that didn't include me were Korts/Luca and insanity/Hopkirk.

To make sure I'm getting it right - you've ruled out Korts/Luca because you don't think scum partners would have done the 1v1 to start the game, particularly regarding Luca's first push was on Korts. Reading their ISOs together I do see why you'd think it was unlikely, but I also don't think it's impossible considering scum would be trying to avoid being linked together from the get go. I wouldn't rule it out based on that though. Was there other reasoning for this pairing being ruled out that I'm forgetting?

For insanity/Hopkirk, insanity's first push was also on CoA so it's similar to the other pair in that way.

Actually reading through their ISOs I think I'd agree with you on this one. If they're scum partners that looks like a pretty determined bus from insanity, which would be
very
risky, enough so that if one flipped scum I'd not be considering the other.

In post 384, Jingle wrote:Nope. Pretty close to the opposite in fact. This is me saying that even if I find myself 80% sure that Korts is scum I shouldn't lynch him today because him being scum is predicated on someone else being scum. FMPOV, he pretty much can't be scum without HK also being scum, thus if I find myself sure on Korts scum I should look at Hopkirk.
So Korts is off the table for today in particular because Hopkirk would have to flip scum first? Okay, I see.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Keychain »

God, I hope you're scum Jingle.

It doesn't make sense to me that you'd get Reck to hold off on voting Hopkirk only to say
Jingle wrote: I find it 99% likely that lynching Keychain and Hopkirk in either order will lead to a town win. I'd prefer to lynch Key first, based entirely on the strength of my insanity townread.
How does your insanity townread change who you want to lynch first? I don't know why you as town would be jumping to vote before Reck can put a vote on someone you're 99% sure is scum.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 418, Jingle wrote:I've decided the chance you are scum is remote enough to not need consideration. The only way Key is town is if you are scum or my pairing reads are flawed. None of the arguments for my pairing reads being flawed have been in any way substantial or convincing. Hence, Key is scum.
This is at least internally consistent, though your excluded pairings are still flawed considering I don't think insanity is scum either.

In post 434, Hopkirk wrote:I'm disgusted that BV has been tactically lurking and abusing the lack of mod intervention. It's abusing the game rules and It's insane that he hasn't been replaced.

How can anyone even see the slightest bit of townieness in someone whose spent 3 entire weeks avoiding posting anything- then complains that he's an easy push because he hasn't posted stuff.

VOTE: Blackvoid
In post 439, Hopkirk wrote:Your posting does suggest you aren't town. I don't see why town would ever consider staying in the game in your position. Not having posted 11 days into lylo is akin to gamethrowing given your townread Reck put a vote down already and scum can quickhammer very easily here.

I've asked for your replacement several times.

UNVOTE: BV
In post 440, Hopkirk wrote:VOTE: Keychain

Insanity/Keychain/Reckoner (team without BV) is more likely than Korts/BV/Reckoner (team without BV) or BV/Keychain/Jingles (team without Reckoner).
:? You're kind of all over the place here and I'm not sure what the voting is supposed to achieve.

Your unvote in especially seems to contradict what you're saying there.

xRECKONERx wrote:I said I wasn't putting a vote down until the bv situation is resolved

Really disappointed in the mod here
Are you wanting to see something in particular from the slot or is this just not wanting to move on with the game until we've got a full playerlist?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Keychain »

My apologies for not being around, I got unexpectedly swamped.

There's been over 24 hours with two votes on Hopkirk, longer with one on me. If Hop was town I'd expect scum to have coordinated something. The most likely explanation is that he's just scum himself.

VOTE: Hopkirk

Also welcome Titus! The game isn't long, please be current soon.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Keychain »

L-1, if it needed saying.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by Keychain »

I'm mobile but I've pmed him anyway.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Keychain »

gg town. It was lovely playing with you all! Thank you for modding, Gurgi.

In post 488, xRECKONERx wrote:insanity if you were scum well fucking played
Right?? She was amazing and a great partner as well.

A couple of things I wanted to respond to but figured I'd wait until postgame:
In post 401, xRECKONERx wrote:Some of her jovial interactions (like in 85 with Jingle, or randomly wishing me happy birthday) come off as really fake and insincere to me, but maybe I'm just cynical.
Ouch :(
No, while the interaction with Jingle could be seen as a scumtell, wishing you happy birthday was genuine. I try to be friendly regardless of alignment as a general rule. If I wasn't so stressed from being scum I probably would have told Korts happy scumday since I think his decade anniversary was during this game? That's pretty exciting!

In post 427, Jingle wrote:[...]

Which all adds up to a light townread. Now normally, I'd be open to reevaluating that, but I kind of don't have to, because Key is obvscum FMPOV. Not because she hasn't played well, but because of interactions outside of her control. I expect I won't have much trouble arguing through that lynch when I get around to it.
In post 444, Jingle wrote:And Key is definitely smart enough/good enough as scum to have done that.
Jingle you flatterer. :lol: yeah the moment when I realised you had narrowed your teams down to make me lockscum to you I was like... oh hell. It was an interesting strategy, if I'd realised in advance you'd be doing that I would have gone out of my way to create more unusual interactions. You did rule out me/insanity though, which was nice.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Keychain »

... You did? :o

Nightless is such a hard slog wow. White flag mechanic was also tough considering even insanity towning it up wouldn't matter if the other two of us got lynched. If town had lynched me we would have been in such a precarious position with the lurker slot and all.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Keychain »

Yeah that might have made a difference, it would have been interesting to see. Not asking Jingle to unvote me in LyLo might have also helped though?

insanity018 wrote: I'm happy to release the scum qt if you are?
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/rdNu6HAWDh6LA

This was where most of our conversation happened.

I'd really like to play a geriatric as town.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”