He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 2874, xyzzy wrote:
In post 2856, T-Bone wrote:
In post 2852, xyzzy wrote:I feel more confident about the people at either end of this list.

town
Bins
CDB
Keychain
Dunkerdoodles
chesskid3
UC Voyager
Elena
Radja
Mathdino
Titus
Bulbazak
T-Bone
not town

VOTE: Bulbazak
And you're not voting your top scumread why?
because voting a nonexistent wagon 4 days from deadline isn't a valuable use of my vote when I can instead apply pressure to a wagon that I think is well formed
For someone who didn't give a lot of thoughts behind any of their reads...you certainly have a well thought out plan. Weird.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2852, xyzzy wrote:I feel more confident about the people at either end of this list.

town
Bins
CDB
Keychain
Dunkerdoodles
chesskid3
UC Voyager
Elena
Radja
Mathdino
Titus
Bulbazak
T-Bone
not town

I mean, this reads list is a great interpretation of where I stood about a week ago. The fact that you still have this after the 2 primary people pushing the Bulbazak wagon completely jumped off is... questionable. Bulbazak is no longer a viable wagon; T-Bone and Titus actually are.

Also, happy to add you to the list of "people who scumread me whose teams aren't reading the whole tournament" :lol:

Thoughts on the stronger reads would be good.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2866, ChannelDelibird wrote:If you still think this after the posting of his team’s hammer discussion then you are a real disappointment
?? that team has shea and reck on it
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

and they're heavily coaching here
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

coaching in team mafia hrm?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Archwing replaces UC voyager effective immediately.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I'm moving onto page 110 tomorrow, but I wanted to mention a few things:
In post 2618, Dunkerdoodles wrote:i guess ill just sheep math after all that effort
then vote him tmr if bulba flips town

VOTE: bulba
:neutral:
I'm not a big fan of that second line. I mean, I still think you're town, but that line is :ick:.

I really liked Keychain's response to the CDB case. He covered similar points to what I said, and he did so before I ever looked at the case. It'll be interesting to see what Math's response to that will be.
In post 2701, Titus wrote: @Bulba, you owe me for A50. Calling this in.
It's almost 1 in the morning, and my head is in a bit of a fog. Remind me about this again? Quotes would be nice.
In post 2714, Radja wrote: Chesskid keeps avoiding taking a stance
Actually, Chess
is
taking a stance. Saying "scum is in these 4 names" is taking a stance. Just because you don't agree with the stance doesn't mean that he hasn't taken one.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 2.09Image

Titus (1)T-Bone ,
Bulbazak (3) , Elena Fisher , Dunkerdoodles , xyzzy
Radja (2)Titus , chesskid3 ,
Elena Fisher (5)Keychain , Bulbazak , Mathdino , ChannelDelibird, Bins L-2
Not Voting (2)Archwing , Radja ,

Day two deadline is Tuesday February 20, 11 AM PST. (expired on 2018-02-20 11:00:00).

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by Archwing »

Hi all! Just checking in before I head off to work... I'll try to read up a bit on break and I'll come back and say some shit when I'm off.
Any chance someone can give me a quick tldr of this game? Claims, current wagon, etc. Would be helpful! highly doubt I can make it through 116 pages of content.
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Yeah your predecessor claimed Miller can you confirm?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Post by Keychain »

That argument with Titus was nasty to read. Well Radja's / case on Titus was kind of fun and I appreciate the 2 hours spent on it but I still believe Titus is town. Good points made by T-Bone and Math immediately after. Chesskid making snippy comments from what essentially looked like the sidelines seems to be buddying Titus, who if town is pretty buddyable right now considering few players are siding with her.

In post 2741, Mathdino wrote:
In post 2648, Keychain wrote:And while I'm sure Mathdino has a bazillion things to say in response to this, I would like to hear from CDB most of all and to some extent other players who have been more on the sidelines.
I don't. Thanks for responding. If CDB doesn't respond to it in his next few posts I'll spam your response at him :P.

Just one thing: in short, I think a lot of the things you think scumbuddies wouldn't do in-thread are things Bulbazak is capable and even outright willing to do as scum. The cases against Elena require similar theatrics on the part of the scumteam. Bulbazak is just more charismatic than Elena.

Anyway back to the shitshow
Yeah lol I was worried I somehow hadn't managed to post my response given what happened immediately after. Thanks for . To your point - possible, I suppose, but it's still not enough to make me prefer a lynch there over someone else.

In post 2826, Bulbazak wrote:I don't like the whole "lynch CDB" thing. I need to double check, but I'm pretty sure he's conf. town.
This is news to me, what's this about?
In post 2826, Bulbazak wrote:Wait...what? You just got done talking about how Fitz townreads his buddies, but when it comes to an auto townread on someone he's never played with before, you just go "Yeah, seems legit."?
To clarify, he said he hasn't played with
town
-me.

town
Bins
CDB
Keychain
Dunkerdoodles
chesskid3
UC Voyager
Elena
Radja
Mathdino
Titus
Bulbazak
T-Bone
not town

CDB is very high up! What caused that townread?
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2885, Keychain wrote:Chesskid making snippy comments from what essentially looked like the sidelines seems to be buddying Titus, who if town is pretty buddyable right now considering few players are siding with her.
pls show me ur notes
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2883, Archwing wrote:Hi all! Just checking in before I head off to work... I'll try to read up a bit on break and I'll come back and say some shit when I'm off.
Any chance someone can give me a quick tldr of this game? Claims, current wagon, etc. Would be helpful! highly doubt I can make it through 116 pages of content.
Day 1

- Eddie Cane (skirt skirt), LLD (flipped scum), Elena Fisher (MariaR), Radja and I set the stage by discussing who would take scum PMs in Team Mafia. Eddie and I listed players, LLD offered she wouldn't because everyone knows she's great at scum. I noted Radja wouldn't, Radja was like "no I totally would" (we locked him as town for the rest of the day).

- LLD started pushing Eddie due to lack of conviction in the first three pages (THE FIRST 10 PAGES ARE REALLY WORTH A READ). Eddie pushed LLD but then backed off. Eddie became our early wagon, with LLD, Bulbazak, T-Bone, and UCV. Smocaine parked a vote on LLD for the whole day and proceeded to do absolutely nothing.

- We almost wagoned Almost50 (NK'd, town). Then he self-voted, claimed VT, asked to be lynched, and then started trying to solve the whole damn tournament. This vexed people.

- Eddie Cane got in a fight with T-Bone and Bulbazak resulting in Bulba declaring V/LA to take a breather. When Bulba came back much later, he centred his D1 around giving A50 shit for his AtE and anti-town playstyle.

- I started dominating the game (feel free to hit Activity Overview). T-Bone and I got in a fight over it (along with some questionable things my teammate said). So naturally, Eddie and I wagoned him for our issues (along with Dunker and earlier/later Bins). Really showed him, right???

- Transcend was forced out of his own game and swapped into Eddie Cane's slot. Transcend continued Eddie's push on T-Bone. T-Bone 1v1'd him. This was the primary wagon of the day until almost the end. Still contained LLD, Bulba, T-Bone, and UCV.

- Meanwhile, Dunker, Elena, T-Bone, and later Radja formed a bloc of players extremely uncomfortable with my domineering and my playstyle, each scumreading/tunneling me to some degree.

- Almost50 tunneled Bins all day. I secretly tunneled Bins all day but claimed to townread her to try to dodge the NK.

- Bins and I both had problems with having too many townreads so we both in turn vanity wagoned Elena, a good scum player (joined by Keychain a couple times, who is almost universally townread). Elena was displeased and expressed willingness to vote any of {me, LLD, Bins}.

- ChannelDeliBird vote parked on LLD (citing her being good at scum) along with Keychain, joining Smocaine's vanity wagon.

- Transcend and LLD got in a fight and were force-replaced with Titus and havingfitz, respectively. Aeronaut jumped on the Titus wagon.

- 3 days before the deadline the town had no good suspects (most people had very few scumreads). The primary wagons were Titus, havingfitz, and me (see vote count in post ). chesskid replaced into Smocaine's lurker slot, while UCV, Aeronaut, and Titus hadn't read the game, with CDB (ChannelDeliBird) far behind.

- Titus looked about to be default lynched. Keychain and I pushed havingfitz (not my top scumread but my team was very hardtownreading all 3 players in Titus's slot). havingfitz then majorly scummed up the slot, joined the "tunnel Mathdino" bloc, and got deadline lynched by:
The people scumreading him: Keychain, CDB, Mathdino, Elena (who had 3 equal scumreads)
The people who kinda just fell onto the wagon: A50, UCV
The people who had to deadline lynch him: Bulbazak, Radja (lolhammer)

Those off-wagon were:
The Titus wagon: T-Bone, Aeronaut, Bins (who claimed she had a hair more of a scumread on Titus and thus wouldn't join the fitz wagon)
The T-Bone wagon: Titus (who for some reason refused to lynch her own counterwagon), chesskid (who was in Barcelona not reading the game)
The Mathdino wagon: Dunker (the strongest member of the "tunnel Mathdino" bloc), havingfitz

To somewhat summarise each player's D1:
T-Bone: Parked a vote on Eddie Cane, got in a lot of fights with me/A50 over scumhunting philosophy and what scum would do.
Eddie/Transcend/Titus: Eddie powerplayed, went after T-Bone, got wagoned. Transcend played straight up badly, went after T-Bone, continued to get wagoned. Titus did nothing and waffled over her own counterwagon.
LLD/havingfitz: LLD hardpushed Eddie early and got in a couple spats with Elena (good content to read IMO, cuz we're trying to lynch Elena now). havingfitz caught up, realised he was getting lynched, and provided very little associative content.
Keychain: She and teammate RadiantCowbells pushed Elena and LLD hard all day. Got super townread for it (and the fact that Keychain prefers town).
Aeronaut: Did absolutely nothing.
CDB: Voteparked on LLD and then lurked cuz RL.
Bins: Wild/confused trajectory, ended up with too many townreads but a willingness to lynch either Titus or fitz.
Dunker: Voteparked on me all day. Universal townread.
Bulbazak: Had serious issues with Eddie and A50. Soft-defended the utility of lynching havingfitz (suspecting I might've been scum) but then helped lynch him.
Smocaine/chesskid: Smocaine did nothing, and chesskid replaced in while on vacation.
Mathdino: I'm not the best person to give you a summary on me lol. I was present for basically every event though.
Radja: Early universal townread, then lurked it out all day, then when I turned on Radja he turned on me.
Elena Fisher: Argued hard against the argument that people would choose alignments they prefer, then pushed whichever of {Bins, LLD, Mathdino} was more popular. Became a near universal scumread.
Almost50: Was useless first half of the day, then tunneled the shit out of Bins, then got in a massive conversation with me about trying to solve the tournament and privately using information from other games to help solve this game, thus pissing off half the playerlist.

Your slot: Total lurksack. Failed a meta-based reaction test from me and then passed it. Then did nothing.

havingfitz flipped scum, A50 got NK'd.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:30 pm

Post by Keychain »

chesskid3 wrote:
In post 2885, Keychain wrote:Chesskid making snippy comments from what essentially looked like the sidelines seems to be buddying Titus, who if town is pretty buddyable right now considering few players are siding with her.
pls show me ur notes
I'm looking at what happened on like page 106 onwards. I didn't make any notes on you, that was just the impression I got.
Titus votes Radja in . You follow in . Your ISO from that point avoids the main argument that was happening, and instead just tries to capitalise on her Radja vote. This is what I mean by the sidelines. I suppose you could do this as town considering it's consistent with your four scumreads in , but the way you went at it seemed to time too well with Titus essentially arguing on her own versus Radja and T-Bone. That's what I mean by it being buddying.

Oh also welcome Archwing!
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:32 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I think the word buddying there is shitty at best and scummy at worst?

Like I'm very clearly wagon shopping in my 4 pool and was "sheeping" mathdino when he was on Aeronaut.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:34 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh also speaking of MathDino's summary

CHESSKID will be at a chess tournament for the next 3 days so

expect a continuation of this totally lackluster performance thanks guys
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:40 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2883, Archwing wrote:Hi all! Just checking in before I head off to work... I'll try to read up a bit on break and I'll come back and say some shit when I'm off.
Day 2

- I softclaimed Loyal Fruit Vendor who vended at Bins as a (apparently bad) reaction test, then hardclaimed Fruit Vendor who targeted Almost50 (FML). Dunker, Radja, and T-Bone got the "tunnel Mathdino" band back together. Elena refrained due to her team's reads. This otherwise picked up very little steam.

- I went after T-Bone on the basis of providing no reads 25 T-Bone posts into the day. chesskid joined me presumably just to wagon. This did not pick up steam.

- Elena pushed on Keychain, a universal townread. This did not pick up steam. She claimed and still claims to townread all of the town's lynch options (Titus, Bins, T-Bone, lurkers).

- Keychain, Bins, and Bulbazak wagoned Elena. This otherwise did not pick up steam.

- Titus decided based on not reading the game that chesskid, a near universal townread (not-universal due to crazy inactivity), had to be scum. Guess what happened.

- CDB, Titus, UCV and Aero all started getting prodded for a few days. The game kinda died. chesskid and I tried to wagon inactive slots. People on the Elena wagon got upset at me for not voting Elena, who I claimed to scumread multiple times.

- CDB came in with a case on Bulbazak, which I sheeped and started hardpushing. We got Elena/Dunker on board. Much later, Keychain and Bulba both offered strong rebuttals, so CDB and I jumped off and it's likely to die.

- T-Bone and Radja got super pissed at Titus for misrepresenting game events due to literally not reading and only using votecounts. Titus's team got pissed back. Radja made a case. Titus tore it up. The idea of lynching/policy lynching Radja was floated around.

D2's major scumspects:

Titus: Predicated on the idea that Eddie/LLD scum theatred it up early D1 followed by Transcend/LLD going at each other so hard they got force replaced.
- Pros: Eddie is a strong scum player and would choose scum. Transcend was a scummy player who did nothing. Titus has done very little and has repeatedly misrepresented game events. Titus refused to vote her counterwagon (a scum lynch). Titus apparently is playing to her scum meta.
- Cons: A lot of meta-based townreads on Eddie and Transcend. Titus might just be incompetent. Eddie Cane is still providing his reads/thoughts through Titus and they're pretty decent.

Elena: Predicated on the idea that she softbussed LLD early, hardpushed me and Bins, then came back to help finish the LLD bus.
- Pros: Elena is a strong scum player and would choose scum. Elena spent a lot of D1 trying to discredit various methods of scumhunting. Elena seems to have no better ideas for who to lynch.
- Cons: Her story on always having been willing to lynch LLD sort of checks out. LLD at one point literally did not know who Elena's main was (or claimed to not know). Elena atm is doing basically nothing to fulfill scum wincon. Plus the wagon seems like the default wagon of the day.

Bulbazak: Predicated on the idea that Bulbazak pushed a Eddie Cane mislynch, got distracted by A50 (flipped town), then softpushed Titus over fitz until he was forced to bus.
- Pros: Go check CDB's ISO for the case on him. Weird associations with fitz basically.
- Cons: Keychain and Bulba both responded to the case and CDB and I, the original pushers of the wagon, now don't even believe it, soooo

Bins: I don't really have an explanation for this. A lot of people are gutreading her as scum, myself included.

T-Bone: Predicated on the idea that he would spend around 2/3 of his ISO antagonising me, A50, and Titus on the basis that we're all more competent as town than we're currently demonstrating.
- Pros: Has spent most of the game being useless and helping scum wincon. VCA strongly suggests T-Bone.
- Cons: Displayed non-opportunism/restraint at varying points. A lot of people are gut townreading him.

Radja: Predicated on the idea that his team isn't as utterly incompetent as they've been this game.
- Pros: His Titus case is mostly trash (IMO), even if Titus is actually scum. His push on me as soon as I started not townreading him was pretty bad. His lolhammer was the scumspot on the wagon. And he spent 2/3 of today trying to policy lynch me for being a distraction.
- Cons: You can sort of see where he's coming from at times? Also Radja allegedly wouldn't pick scum. His explanation for his lolhammer seems to check out okay. A lot of the scumreads/votes on Radja are more annoyance (and he tried to gladiate Titus so)

Mathdino: I think I was a lynch option early by pissing everyone off with the claim of "fruit vendor who targeted the NK", and now I'm not?

We're basically not lynching: Keychain, Dunker, CDB, chesskid, Mathdino. And we're probably not lynching xyzzy (who replaced into Aeronaut) or you. The Bulba wagon is heavily likely to die.

Outside of that, I think it's best that you ISO players starting from February 6th in order to get a sense of their D2 trajectories.

I also recommend checking the last few votecounts and clicking around on the different votes to see where people stand currently.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2887, Mathdino wrote:Smocaine/chesskid: Smocaine did nothing, and chesskid replaced in while on vacation.
To be more fair here (especially to the people scumreading chesskid)

Smocaine voteparked on LLD all day, which was largely discredited
and then chesskid voted T-Bone while Titus/havingfitz/Mathdino were clearly the 3 lynch options. So there's a chance of him counterwagoning in D1.

Since then, chesskid seems to think that lynching in {Aeronaut/xyzzy, UCV/you, Radja, CDB} will win the game.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:46 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 2887, Mathdino wrote: I noted Radja wouldn't, Radja was like "no I totally would" (we locked him as town for the rest of the day).
In post 2891, Mathdino wrote:Also Radja allegedly wouldn't pick scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:48 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2893, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 2887, Mathdino wrote: I noted Radja wouldn't, Radja was like "no I totally would" (we locked him as town for the rest of the day).
In post 2891, Mathdino wrote:Also Radja allegedly wouldn't pick scum.
mastina and a few other people, including IIRC at least one of my teammates, argued that Radja would not in fact pick scum, no matter how much he insists he totes would.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:51 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm guessing Mastina's argument was basically "Hey we know the scumteam in beeboy's game and Reck isn't scum so Radja is town"

But that breaks down the minute shea and reck are the ones paying lots of attention to this game anytime Radja is threatened.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I think Mastina making that argument is like massive townpoints for Bulbazak tho rite
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i for one would like a full reads list from shea, reck, and/or cheet

if they had time to put together a 2 hour titus case (that they later decided whoops nvr mind)

they should be able to make a basic reads list lol

Edit: you think so?
explain
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Because why the hell would mastina be team-comp clearing Radja based on some aspect of information that wasn't publically available if that could only serve to hurt their team in 2 games?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Also I disagree that Radja is cleared obviously but that's not the point for the Bulb comment

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”