Mini 1991: Taking Justice Into Our Own Hands (Town Win)

Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Havo »

In post 984, Lexa wrote:You and me both. Your iso is pretty empty though and we're most of the way through the day, who have you found for your town reads?
It hasn’t been easy. I haven’t played with most of this list, usually by now I have a few decent TRs.

Right now I’m -

Town - PapaZ, Eddie
Lean town - Luca, RB, Fitz, Lexa
Null - NSG, Ced, Awoo,
Lean scum - GNR, mumble, Alex
Cedrick
Cedrick
Goon
Cedrick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Cedrick »

Eddie - You are town reading people I feel are likely scum. You are also town reading useless players. You aren’t really sorting people.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1026, Cedrick wrote:Eddie - You are town reading people I feel are likely scum. You are also town reading useless players. You aren’t really sorting people.
If you're town, I'm not townreading Fitz. Who else?

What useless players am I townreading, Zito and Havo?

I adamantly disagree I'm not sorting people, but let's start with this because my confidence in scum you dropped off.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Also, what is your experience with scum!fitz? you won't say your alt (lol) so you can't link games, but you said you had some right?
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Lexa »

In post 1025, Havo wrote:
In post 984, Lexa wrote:You and me both. Your iso is pretty empty though and we're most of the way through the day, who have you found for your town reads?
It hasn’t been easy. I haven’t played with most of this list, usually by now I have a few decent TRs.

Right now I’m -

Town - PapaZ, Eddie
Null - NSG, Ced, Awoo,
I'm really interested to see Alex in your scum lean group he's mostly been town read from what I've seen and i town read him myself. What are you seeing differently?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

If GNR reds Alex is a good bet for scum. His iso really isn't great, on a re-read he's dropped down a lot.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Havo »

In post 1029, Lexa wrote:
In post 1025, Havo wrote:

Right now I’m -

Town - PapaZ, Eddie
Null - NSG, Ced, Awoo,
I'm really interested to see Alex in your scum lean group he's mostly been town read from what I've seen and i town read him myself. What are you seeing differently?
It’s mostly a gut thing for me.
This is gonna sound weird, but it’s like a few of his posts are too polished.
And he’s a low poster so far. Just something for me to keep an eye on. Could be nothing.
Cedrick
Cedrick
Goon
Cedrick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Cedrick »

In post 1027, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1026, Cedrick wrote:Eddie - You are town reading people I feel are likely scum. You are also town reading useless players. You aren’t really sorting people.
If you're town, I'm not townreading Fitz. Who else?

What useless players am I townreading, Zito and Havo?

I adamantly disagree I'm not sorting people, but let's start with this because my confidence in scum you dropped off.
You haven’t really tried to sort fitz. We covered this you aren’t really sorting Zito or havo either. Zito made 1 post which could have easily been made by scum. Zito is a smart and very experienced player and I think he is capable of way more than he has given us.

Nsg/Alex/Awoo are all higher on your reads list than they should be and mumble being number uno town read is just bat shit crazy.

Idk why you keep mentioning your scum read on me is going away. If you were town you wouldn’t have scum read me to begin with.

Only way I can work with you is if somebody gets an inno on you which isn’t likely since there is no cop.

As for fitz scum. I honestly can’t remember if I’ve played with him as scum.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by Awoo »

Havo wrote:This is gonna sound weird, but it’s like a few of his posts are too polished.
Not weird at all, 10/10 observation, I overpolish posts as scum. Very good statement. Standing ovation. Nominated for an award.

I'll read alex sometime in the next month with this in mind. Thank you for your contribution.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I've never understood the strong townreads on Alex personally. His posts have generally been Ok, but they do seem on the careful side.

And this is weird:
In post 745, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 710, Cedrick wrote:I also challenge the people who town read mumble to explain what he’s done that’s protown. Cause I don’t see anything in his iso.
He hasn't done anything protown, he hasn't done anything that I view as scummy either. Town read on him is gut and I can see his aggression being town aggression. To be fair I can see his play coming from both alignments. Except for his claim. His claim makes no sense from any alignment.
This post is so awkwardly on the fence it's painful to read.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Awoo »

Only way I can work with you is if somebody gets an inno on you which isn’t likely since there is no cop.
Might be a gunsmith :?

Yeah yeah! good posts on alex!! but GNR is the guy today I think we will lynch ;)

Yo im gonna read alex within the WEEK now! this is mad interesting!
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by rb »

But it's quite true, no?

Sometimes people act or play in ways that are truly hard to read, and saying that you're gut reading someone through their weird play doesn't seem fence-sitty so much as it feels like honesty.

I have null reads too, or people I can't quite get a handle on and I often 'chunk' the playerlist down to people whose behaviour I feel I can read (as either town or scum) and players I can't - and I don't talk much of the ones I can't until I have to, and I hope others with a different perspective can read that particular player better than me.

Some people talk about ALL slots though, and those that do will naturally seem less confident, because they're talking more about hard to read slots.

I often come across as really confident, but that's a symptom of the fact that I talk only about the slots I'm more confident reading while I let other slots 'evolve' internally.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Yeah, it was just worded awkwardly and needlessly so imo.

I'm actually scumreading Lexa more based on her confidence that Alex is Town - he made a couple of decent posts and Lexa was so quick to hard townread it as if she wanted the credit for it or something.
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Lexa »

That's kinda bullshit mate, I don't think his posts were "just decent"
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Lexa »

In post 278, Alexcellent wrote:Just a few other things

I don't hate the numberQ case. And in particular struck me as off.
In post 54, numberQ wrote: Everyone who was or is on Havo's wagon: why were you or are you on Havo's wagon? None of those votes looked random, so why'd you do it? I'm on it because I wanted to form a wagon so I could ask questions like this.
When you answer why you're on a wagon before anyone's asked you why you are on said wagon, it makes me think that you feel like there's something wrong about being on that wagon, and hence need to pre-emptively give an explanation for it. I just got a very guilty and self conscious vibe from this.
So, maybs scum in numberQ
He's had a couple posts like this that I thought showed a really town oriented mentality to his sorting. He's been looking below the surface and trying to get in the mindset of the people he's reading to find scum and I've found his thought process to be really valid
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by Lexa »

Now to be fair, outside of a couple specific posts his iso isn't all that impressive but I'm far more confident in finding my town reads out of a small number of posts, got a great track record with that

The vast majority of posts are nai anyway
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1038, Lexa wrote:That's kinda bullshit mate, I don't think his posts were "just decent"
I
think they're decent, I realise you seem to think they're amazing but I disagree.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm also curious as to why you never responded to Alex's points against you?

To locktown him in part for making good points as to why you're scummy, while not actually addressing his points, seems off to me.
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Lexa »

Circumstance i think? If I'm remembering the timing correctly his stuff came after my fight with mumble and while I was in the middle of moving
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I still don't see why you couldn't have addressed his points in your giant wall post while you were locking him as town.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

"
276 is a really strong thought process, a very natural read devlopment and a coherent mindset justifying their read on me.
"

I mean, someone you are confident is Town has made coherent and justified reasons your behaviour is scummy, and yet you don't feel the need to address them?
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Lexa »

Do you want me to explain my playstyle here lol? That's basically what you're asking and I can do that if you want but every answer i can give you comes down to "I did or didn't do x because when I play I look for y" and this is shit that's constant across every game and as every alignment because it's based in my mindset about the game
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Lexa »

Like I don't really give a shit if someone scum reads me or cases me of that post gives me an indication of what alignment they are. If I can sort them as town I don't need to think about the post beyond that, if I call them out on it something is catching my eye or needs to be clarified
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Beefster »

get
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Beefster »

the
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”