Newbie 1846 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 3.3Not voting (5) - Cabd, Micc, Leeoon, MagikHorse, Myloninja13

With five players alive, it takes three votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Three is Monday 26th February, 11.30 pm GMT, (in (expired on 2018-02-26 23:30:00)).

Micc replaces brassherald.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Micc »

Hey everybody. Looks like this games pretty dead. I’m gunna jump in by starting to read tonight. If y’all could be here and talk to me about reads while I’m doing that it would be great.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Cabd »

Oh good somebody reasonable
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:36 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Heya Micc. Read a few threads before my first game and you seemed to be in more than a few of them, so I'm glad to actually play with you. At least I don't expect you to suddenly go AFK and bail on us like the other 3 before you.

As for my reads, they stand as such after my ISO reads near the bottom of the last page:

{Mylo}
{Cabd, the recently taken over by Micc slot}
{Leeoon}
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Micc »

heh. fake claiming and self hammering...this game has it all.

I did a pretty general skim for the big picture, but haven't dug into details yet. Going to start with the lucky wagon and lynch. I don't remember seeing a very compelling case despite it being a leading wagon for most of the day.
In post 602, Cabd wrote:Oh good somebody reasonable
Congrats on the new job. I hopes its going well!
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Hi Micc, nice to see you. Please don't get struck by the replacement curse though :P

Just last page, I did a summary of every players reads, which may help you get a general idea where the game is at so far.
In post 584, Myloninja13 wrote:So, these are currently everyone's most recent reads (From most to least town):

MYLONINJA13

{Magik}
{Cabd}
{Brass}
{Leeoon}

MAGIKHORSE
(According to post #547)

{Brass}
{Leeoon}
{Myloninja13}
{Cabd}

LEEOON
(According to post #551)

{Magik}
{Brass}
{Cabd}
{Myloninja13}

BRASS
(From #548, but he didn't really do an official list)

{Magik}
{Cabd}
{Myloninja13/Leeoon}

CABD
(Hasn't really done a reads list recently, so I'm using data from #426, #474 and the assumption that he thinks Magik is town from a few posts about them)

{Magik}
{Myloninja13}
{Leeoon}
{Brass}

So aside from Cabd, everyone seems to have pretty strong, up to date reads. Magik is the highest on every list, but the remainders are actually quite staggered. Although, I'm likely the lowest overall.

Also, apologies about the bolded votes, I didn't even think about think about that when making the posts.
However, Magik's reads have changed to this:

{MAGIK}

Masons/Yankee/Brass/Micc
Myloninja13
Cabd
Leeoon.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 604, Micc wrote:heh. fake claiming and self hammering...this game has it all.

I did a pretty general skim for the big picture, but haven't dug into details yet. Going to start with the lucky wagon and lynch. I don't remember seeing a very compelling case despite it being a leading wagon for most of the day.
In post 602, Cabd wrote:Oh good somebody reasonable
Congrats on the new job. I hopes its going well!
Lucky lynch was almost entirely my leading and others agreeing.

He had a very weird 180 on his read of me that came the second he got any heat for it, and continued to deflect when pressed on it by me.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Micc »

Mylo, how much experience do you have playing mafia off site?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 607, Micc wrote:Mylo, how much experience do you have playing mafia off site?
Three games, and some town of salem if that counts.

Here's my three games:
In post 393, Myloninja13 wrote:Okay, I'm going to be honest about something.

I kind of lied about the randomiser. My other games didn't use a randomiser. When people were questioning my use of a randomiser, I said that because I freaked out when people questioned me about it. In reality, I don't have a reason to use it.

I'm sorry guys, but I was about to go away and I didn't want that to be my first impression for people.

However, now I can show you my old games, so you can see my meta. These are my only games of online mafia. (My name is still Myloninja13)

Game #1: Vanilla townie
http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/ ... and?page=1

Game #2: Mafia Godfather?
http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/ ... ess?page=1

Game #3: Town Watcher
http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/ ... ins?page=1

Those are all my games so far. If you have any questions, just ask.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 495, Myloninja13 wrote:Wait, mafia isn't allowed to day chat right? In the game I saw with Cabd being mafia, he complained about no day chat. When were the rules changed?
I want to town lock this but I know I'm going to get burned on it one of these days.

Mylo, why'd you hammer Lucky?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 609, Micc wrote:
In post 495, Myloninja13 wrote:Wait, mafia isn't allowed to day chat right? In the game I saw with Cabd being mafia, he complained about no day chat. When were the rules changed?
I want to town lock this but I know I'm going to get burned on it one of these days.

Mylo, why'd you hammer Lucky?
At that point, it seemed like a defeated mafia member. Self-voting as town really shouldn't work just as a "get this over with", but mafia can actually benefit from less time to analyse reads and killing off UCV before he can comment. I'll also admit, it was somewhat him getting killed over me, but he did seem scummish at the time, not to mention how muddled I was by that point anyway.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Micc »

Usually mafia self vote in order to end the day and limit discussion. Doesn't hammering like you did play into that plan?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

If he hadn't self-voted, and Cabd kept his vote on him hypothetically I wouldn't have voted him. But obviously, it was a pretty bad idea.

I should have thought back to my third mafia game, where I self-voted mainly to prove I was town. But of course, I let myself get caught up and lynched him without any common sense.

And I mean... I probably made more posts than I have ever in that twilight period. That surely can't be limiting discussion.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 469, UC Voyager wrote:One sec. after school im posting thoughts on yanikeeefan/hareld
This is literally UC's last post. It was made about 2 hours before your hammer and like 4 hours before the thread got locked.

Seems like the hammer effectively limited discussion from confirmed town UC Voyager who was guaranteed to die that night. Looks like you knew it too... 519 makes that pretty clear.

I get lynching Lucky there. I just don't get hammering him so quickly.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 613, Micc wrote:
In post 469, UC Voyager wrote:One sec. after school im posting thoughts on yanikeeefan/hareld
This is literally UC's last post. It was made about 2 hours before your hammer and like 4 hours before the thread got locked.

Seems like the hammer effectively limited discussion from confirmed town UC Voyager who was guaranteed to die that night. Looks like you knew it too... 519 makes that pretty clear.

I get lynching Lucky there. I just don't get hammering him so quickly.
But, why would I not want UCV to talk more? He thought I was a town read! And 519 was this post:
In post 519, Myloninja13 wrote:Oh no... this means I'll be quick-lynched and mafia will win.

GRRR... this is not how I wanted my first proper mafia game to go.
This post is of course awkward and definitely LAMIST like Brass noted, but where does this make clear that I wanted limited UCV discussion? For all I knew, Magik could have been lynched, they are virtually confirmed (Which by the way, I'm curious on your thoughts on them) and were contributing WAY more than UCV anyway.

And if I'm being honest, I didn't even notice UCV's post. Not to mention, Magik and Cabd seemed intent to lynch Lucky, just neither of them really got around to it.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

I was intent on it, but I had already made a note of UCV's intent to post more and would've held off until he responded at the very least. Even if I was more productive than UCV on Day 2, there's no reason to hammer early when more information could come up. We still had about 24 hours to go. Better to make use of as much time as possible, especially given how much talking was going on at the end of that day.

Heck, that's about the one time this game hasn't been totally dead. With a town this quiet, that would've been really handy.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 614, Myloninja13 wrote:But, why would I not want UCV to talk more? He thought I was a town read!
Cause he's confirmed town and guaranteed to die that night. If you're town I think its in your best interest to let him say what he wants to say. I don't think that's hard to understand?
In post 614, Myloninja13 wrote:This post is of course awkward and definitely LAMIST like Brass noted, but where does this make clear that I wanted limited UCV discussion? For all I knew, Magik could have been lynched, they are virtually confirmed (Which by the way, I'm curious on your thoughts on them) and were contributing WAY more than UCV anyway.

And if I'm being honest, I didn't even notice UCV's post. Not to mention, Magik and Cabd seemed intent to lynch Lucky, just neither of them really got around to it.
It shows an understanding that your hammer was badly timed. At least that's my interpretation of why you'd be quick lynched. Do you think there is another reason you would be quicklynched in lylo? Cabd literally unvoted to prevent shenanigans and magik stated intent which is a whole lot different than actually hammering.

I haven't dug into magik much, but i'll get there at some point.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 615, MagikHorse wrote:I was intent on it, but I had already made a note of UCV's intent to post more and would've held off until he responded at the very least. Even if I was more productive than UCV on Day 2, there's no reason to hammer early when more information could come up. We still had about 24 hours to go. Better to make use of as much time as possible, especially given how much talking was going on at the end of that day.

Heck, that's about the one time this game hasn't been totally dead. With a town this quiet, that would've been really handy.
That is true, it's actually been kind of a blessing Micc's come in to add some more life to the game.

Also, not trying to be rude but leeoon hasn't yet delivered on his promise of a bigger post yet. Thankfully we still have over a week, but still.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 616, Micc wrote:
In post 614, Myloninja13 wrote:But, why would I not want UCV to talk more? He thought I was a town read!
Cause he's confirmed town and guaranteed to die that night. If you're town I think its in your best interest to let him say what he wants to say. I don't think that's hard to understand?
In post 614, Myloninja13 wrote:This post is of course awkward and definitely LAMIST like Brass noted, but where does this make clear that I wanted limited UCV discussion? For all I knew, Magik could have been lynched, they are virtually confirmed (Which by the way, I'm curious on your thoughts on them) and were contributing WAY more than UCV anyway.

It shows an understanding that your hammer was badly timed. At least that's my interpretation of why you'd be quick lynched. Do you think there is another reason you would be quicklynched in lylo? Cabd literally unvoted to prevent shenanigans and magik stated intent which is a whole lot different than actually hammering.

I haven't dug into magik much, but i'll get there at some point.
Oh, I completely agree my hammer was horribly timed. A mixture of panic, annoyance, carelessness and defeatism mingled into that.

And while I didn't necessarily think I'd be quick-lynched in Day 3, I really couldn't think of any way that I wouldn't come out the most suspicious person by far and most other points would fall on the wayside. I thought that Brass/Magik/Leeoon would have pretty much deemed me scum, and Cabd wouldn't have cared that much.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Micc »

The combination of your hammer seeming scum motivated and your self awareness are scum tells for me. The town slip ranges from lock town to strong scum without much middle ground. I've gotta think on that one.

Lets talk about your reads. If deadline was in an hour who'd you be voting?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 619, Micc wrote:The combination of your hammer seeming scum motivated and your self awareness are scum tells for me. The town slip ranges from lock town to strong scum without much middle ground. I've gotta think on that one.

Lets talk about your reads. If deadline was in an hour who'd you be voting?
Leeon. I made an entire post about him earlier in this day period.

Also just curious how is self-awareness a scum tell? Like, I honestly just want to know. Generally the opposite has been true in every single game I've played.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 620, Myloninja13 wrote:Leeon. I made an entire post about him earlier in this day period.
yeah his general insistence that people be productive struck me as ironic considering the last week or so worth of posts in his iso. Why do you think this makes him scum?
In post 620, Myloninja13 wrote:Also just curious how is self-awareness a scum tell? Like, I honestly just want to know. Generally the opposite has been true in every single game I've played.
I think scum tend to be more aware of how they are being perceived in the thread because their success in the game depends on it. When players start commenting on or acting specifically to influence that perception I see it as a scum tell, and I've had success with that type of read in the past.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 621, Micc wrote:
In post 620, Myloninja13 wrote:Leeon. I made an entire post about him earlier in this day period.
yeah his general insistence that people be productive struck me as ironic considering the last week or so worth of posts in his iso. Why do you think this makes him scum?
In post 620, Myloninja13 wrote:Also just curious how is self-awareness a scum tell? Like, I honestly just want to know. Generally the opposite has been true in every single game I've played.
I think scum tend to be more aware of how they are being perceived in the thread because their success in the game depends on it. When players start commenting on or acting specifically to influence that perception I see it as a scum tell, and I've had success with that type of read in the past.

Micc, did you read the post about Leeoon? This one:

And that does make a lot of sense. In my old games generally scum were newer players, who were generally a bit over-exaggerated, meaning lack of self-awareness was common in them.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Micc »

I actually ignored that one and went off the reformatted 568. But yeah, you presented evidence of Leeoon having empty reads. I'm looking to hear why you think Leeoon's empty reads are more likely to come from scum than town.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 623, Micc wrote:I actually ignored that one and went off the reformatted 568. But yeah, you presented evidence of Leeoon having empty reads. I'm looking to hear why you think Leeoon's empty reads are more likely to come from scum than town.
It was mainly that they just weren't helpful to town. It really would have helped to just make a SENTENCE on his reads, but it seemed like he didn't feel bothered or was worried about doing so. Neither a town player should be feeling.

As a general rule for me, I usually think that inexperienced scum don't explain their reads, or come up with incorrect or baseless reads. Unexperienced town generally explain their reads, because they don't feel as worried and they also want to find scum. However, this could again just be from my previous website, where generally scum were new players.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”