Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Janet's pm clearly says groupie, that's not the CL
Creature was town
A50 shut the fuck up and read
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Gamma: Yes, it says GROUPIE. Did Boon start with THAT or was this his new alignment after the recruitment is the question, and I'm more towards it being his initial role because Janet WOULD be a cult leader nit a recruitment.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

He got RECRUITED most likely: if he was CL then I doubt he'd have any other role parts
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

And how do you Creature dies as Town? How did he die anyway?? Chicka obviously shot Varsoon, which resulted in Boom dying bc "lovers with Brad", but why did Creature die if he wasn't one of Boon's love targets (in fact, the only one because if there were others they would have died too)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think Creature was targetted by Janet, which I take to mean recruits keep their powers cos that's a scummy af heartbreaker target
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

btw while I did not support shooting Varsoon as he was conf not CL I think the shot gave up a TON of info
<Embrace The Void>

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:19 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I don't think Janet was a starting cult member since in the film Janet is a traditional woman of the time but then is essentially converted to the transexuals as she discovers the joy of sex. Besides, surely Janet's role would mention something about recruiting people? Creature seems like he was killed by Boon's ability.

Now that we have a groupie flip, that means we can start hunting by association. I Iso'd boon, and with the knowledge of his role, these quotes stuck out to me:
In post 308, Boonskiies wrote:If I’m recruited, it’s best to recruit me early.
In post 341, Boonskiies wrote:Whoever recruits me will win, though.

I ain’t afraid of killing roles either.
In post 972, Boonskiies wrote:All i know is if I keep my abilities after getting recruited, ah man, that’s so cool. But for that full effect to be there, I need to be recruited early. My objective is to make sure I win, and with alignment changes, one has to take that into consideration.

So do abilities go away if recruited?
In post 1510, Boonskiies wrote:You wanna kill me, Chickadee?

I think you do.
In post 1511, Boonskiies wrote:You’ll probably die if you do, though.
In both phases 1 and 2, boonskiies said it would be best to recruit him early. He had no mention of this from play 3 onwards. Is it safe to assume that he was recruited during phase 2 to be culted from pause 2 onwards? Also kinda gutted we didn't spot this change in attitude.

Furthermore, he threatened that Chickadee would die if he did, could Chickadee have possibly been a target that was unsuccessful? That would make sense to me, if he became cult on phase 2 then, in theory, he'd have 2 targets by now (phase 4). Creature was obviously one; a scummy one at that since he was always mentioned in the flavour messages. Chickadee would also have been a good choice if Boon's cult felt threatened by her killing powers.

So is anyone going to claim that they either protected Chickadee this phase or roleblocked Boon within the last 2 phases? Because if the answer to either of those 2 questions is yes, I think we can prove for certain that Chickadee is not aligned with Boon. Furthermore, it would also prove that his cult felt threatened by Chickadee, which means we could look towards the people Chickadee voiced as potential targets for cult members.

Another thing Boon's death has answered is: yes, PRs can be recruited. (Unless you're playing dumb like A50 and think that Janet is a cult leader).
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Actually A50's play is raising alarm bell: the first time I ever caught scum him was for wacktastic theorycrafting, which seems to be similar to this.
<Embrace The Void>

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:35 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I'm inclined to agree. His comments on the recent deaths strike me as lacking common sense and I know A50 to be quite an intelligent person who has such common sense so it really does seem like he is playing a little dumb here. His wacky theories that have little grounds are probably making Varsoon turn in his grave.
I mostly just lurk now.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1857, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually A50's play is raising alarm bell: the first time I ever caught scum him was for wacktastic theorycrafting, which seems to be similar to this.
Show me a game where I do NOT theorize (provided it's a closed setup. or even a semi-open).

I call Gamma out (again) and he seems to know more than we do about the mechanics of recruitment.

As for mutant's remark about Boons, yes.. that makes sense. Now the question is whether Boons targeting Chicka failed bc:

1- He was blocked
2- She was protected
3- She is immune
4- She was culted by the other cult

I'm NOT trying to shade Chicka. I don't have anything particularly scummy on her. If I was forced to pick from my own list I'd say #3 is most likely, but I'm always wrong until proven right, am I not?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1858, mutantdevle wrote:His wacky theories that have little grounds are probably making Varsoon turn in his grave.
If that's true then I'd be content with it! :lol:

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:50 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1859, Almost50 wrote:3- She is immune
The possibility of #3 completely slipped my mind, I think it's unlikely that people are straight up immune to kills though.

As for #4, I don't see why being a part of the opposite cult to Boon would make Chickadee immune to his kill? Cult members not being able to die clearly isn't true.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1859, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1857, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually A50's play is raising alarm bell: the first time I ever caught scum him was for wacktastic theorycrafting, which seems to be similar to this.
Show me a game where I do NOT theorize (provided it's a closed setup. or even a semi-open).

I call Gamma out (again) and he seems to know more than we do about the mechanics of recruitment.

As for mutant's remark about Boons, yes.. that makes sense. Now the question is whether Boons targeting Chicka failed bc:

1- He was blocked
2- She was protected
3- She is immune

I'm NOT trying to shade Chicka. I don't have anything particularly scummy on her. If I was forced to pick from my own list I'd say #3 is most likely, but I'm always wrong until proven right, am I not?
Yeah you theorize but as scum you don't really make sense when you do it. And I'm making my best educated guesses here on recruitment, what recently made you say I knew more than other people?
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

It is isn't "immune to death", It's "immune to being targeted by the Boon ability". She just can't be a lover to anyone, but could be killed by other means.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1862, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah you theorize but as scum you don't really make sense when you do it.
This is an outright lie, because I'm often told I do NOT make sense when I'm Town.

Well, I was going to respond to your other points and stuff, but I realized there's no point. I can't lynch you and you can't lynch me, so I will just reiterate my suspicion of you and will add mutant to the "likely cult with Gamma" list and move in.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1864, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1862, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah you theorize but as scum you don't really make sense when you do it.
This is an outright lie, because I'm often told I do NOT make sense when I'm Town.

Well, I was going to respond to your other points and stuff, but I realized there's no point. I can't lynch you and you can't lynch me, so I will just reiterate my suspicion of you and will add mutant to the "likely cult with Gamma" list and move in.
Alright, well I didn't really recall any irrational speculation in GIFpick. Although I'd love to hear the whole "Gamma is cult" case. Do you think I was recruited, or do you think I'm CL? What do you think of my claim?
<Embrace The Void>

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Chickadee »

I'm shot Varsoon, btw, in case anyone was wondering what order that all happened in. I have 1 shot left, and I don't think I'll be using it tomorrow. I'll be using my other ability. Just not sure on whom yet.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:10 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1863, Almost50 wrote:It is isn't "immune to death", It's "immune to being targeted by the Boon ability". She just can't be a lover to anyone, but could be killed by other means.
What makes you think this? There is literally nothing to suggest Chickadee is immune to specifically Boon's ability and that whole concept seems illogical to me. To think this, you'd either have to have greater knowledge than I or you'd have to be wildly guessing. I'm guessing guessing.
I mostly just lurk now.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1865, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Alright, well I didn't really recall any irrational speculation in GIFpick. Although I'd love to hear the whole "Gamma is cult" case. Do you think I was recruited, or do you think I'm CL? What do you think of my claim?
I think you're more likely a CL, and I don't give a rat's fart about anything you claim anymore :wink:

@mutant: Yes, I'm guessing, and there's nothing to REFUTE my guess either. It's one idea I'm putting on the table for all to consider, and I have every right to do so, regardless of how illogical it may seem to you.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1868, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1865, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I think you're more likely a CL, and I don't give a rat's fart about anything you claim anymore :wink:

@mutant: Yes, I'm guessing, and there's nothing to REFUTE my guess either. It's one idea I'm putting on the table for all to consider, and I have every right to do so, regardless of how illogical it may seem to you.
Yeah you're gonna need a case for that fartfest of an accusation
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

Nope. I'm not going to even explain. As I said before, neither of us can lynch the other, so I'm just sharing my thoughts with everyone else, and I don't care if you like them or not.

Btw; what did you claim again? An alignment Cop that can only target itself, was it?? :P

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1870, Almost50 wrote:Nope. I'm not going to even explain. As I said before, neither of us can lynch the other, so I'm just sharing my thoughts with everyone else, and I don't care if you like them or not.

Btw; what did you claim again? An alignment Cop that can only target itself, was it?? :P
No you dumbfuck, it's a motion detector like role (at least that's what I was told)
<Embrace The Void>

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Venmar »

still not dead and still not a groupie

how disappointing
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

OH! So it's something that cannot be easily proven to be a lie. OK. I'm also a Motion Detector, and I detected Motion on Creature on Phase 1, Boons Phase 2, erm.. (let me go check who claimed to have submitted an action or has been blocked in the subsequent 2 phases and get back to you) :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1872, Venmar wrote:still not dead and still not a groupie

how disappointing
Watch it, young man. No child of mine becomes a groupie! :evil:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”