Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1873, Almost50 wrote:OH! So it's something that cannot be easily proven to be a lie. OK. I'm also a Motion Detector, and I detected Motion on Creature on Phase 1, Boons Phase 2, erm.. (let me go check who claimed to have submitted an action or has been blocked in the subsequent 2 phases and get back to you) :P
I don't want to discuss it further but my pause 1 posts stem directly from role confusion involving a failed action (and btw before you try to say "failed recruit action? :wink: " I already rebutted someone else that I would never have that reaction as CL with a failed recruit as I would understand the possibility of such). In fact if you want to keep pushing this line of bullshit I will happily provide quotes of all my abilities and my posts stemming from them. I never softed them specifically but they had direct impact on my posts
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1856, mutantdevle wrote:I don't think Janet was a starting cult member since in the film Janet is a traditional woman of the time but then is essentially converted to the transexuals as she discovers the joy of sex. Besides, surely Janet's role would mention something about recruiting people? Creature seems like he was killed by Boon's ability.

Now that we have a groupie flip, that means we can start hunting by association. I Iso'd boon, and with the knowledge of his role, these quotes stuck out to me:
In post 308, Boonskiies wrote:If I’m recruited, it’s best to recruit me early.
In post 341, Boonskiies wrote:Whoever recruits me will win, though.

I ain’t afraid of killing roles either.
In post 972, Boonskiies wrote:All i know is if I keep my abilities after getting recruited, ah man, that’s so cool. But for that full effect to be there, I need to be recruited early. My objective is to make sure I win, and with alignment changes, one has to take that into consideration.

So do abilities go away if recruited?
In post 1510, Boonskiies wrote:You wanna kill me, Chickadee?

I think you do.
In post 1511, Boonskiies wrote:You’ll probably die if you do, though.
In both phases 1 and 2, boonskiies said it would be best to recruit him early. He had no mention of this from play 3 onwards. Is it safe to assume that he was recruited during phase 2 to be culted from pause 2 onwards? Also kinda gutted we didn't spot this change in attitude.

Furthermore, he threatened that Chickadee would die if he did, could Chickadee have possibly been a target that was unsuccessful? That would make sense to me, if he became cult on phase 2 then, in theory, he'd have 2 targets by now (phase 4). Creature was obviously one; a scummy one at that since he was always mentioned in the flavour messages. Chickadee would also have been a good choice if Boon's cult felt threatened by her killing powers.

So is anyone going to claim that they either protected Chickadee this phase or roleblocked Boon within the last 2 phases? Because if the answer to either of those 2 questions is yes, I think we can prove for certain that Chickadee is not aligned with Boon. Furthermore, it would also prove that his cult felt threatened by Chickadee, which means we could look towards the people Chickadee voiced as potential targets for cult members.

Another thing Boon's death has answered is: yes, PRs can be recruited. (Unless you're playing dumb like A50 and think that Janet is a cult leader).
I jailkept Boon during last play phase, immediately before I voted for them, so they were recruited prior to when I posted my vote for them.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1873, Almost50 wrote:OH! So it's something that cannot be easily proven to be a lie. OK. I'm also a Motion Detector, and I detected Motion on Creature on Phase 1, Boons Phase 2, erm.. (let me go check who claimed to have submitted an action or has been blocked in the subsequent 2 phases and get back to you) :P
And what was the result of your motion detect on boon? And how long after the day started did you submit it? Was it before or after Boon had spoken in thread for that phase?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1876, Cerberus v666 wrote:I jailkept Boon during last play phase
I think this probably saved your own life.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

btw re: last play's action: I didn't act, since I was late to the thread.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1866, Chickadee wrote:I'm shot Varsoon, btw, in case anyone was wondering what order that all happened in. I have 1 shot left, and I don't think I'll be using it tomorrow. I'll be using my other ability. Just not sure on whom yet.
You're a kind woman, putting that poor man out of his misery.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1878, mutantdevle wrote:
Elaborate.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1881, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 1878, mutantdevle wrote:
Elaborate.
In post 1856, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1510, Boonskiies wrote:You wanna kill me, Chickadee?

I think you do.
In post 1511, Boonskiies wrote:You’ll probably die if you do, though.
In both phases 1 and 2, boonskiies said it would be best to recruit him early. He had no mention of this from play 3 onwards. Is it safe to assume that he was recruited during phase 2 to be culted from pause 2 onwards? Also kinda gutted we didn't spot this change in attitude.

Furthermore, he threatened that Chickadee would die if he did, could Chickadee have possibly been a target that was unsuccessful? That would make sense to me, if he became cult on phase 2 then, in theory, he'd have 2 targets by now (phase 4). Creature was obviously one; a scummy one at that since he was always mentioned in the flavour messages. Chickadee would also have been a good choice if Boon's cult felt threatened by her killing powers.

So is anyone going to claim that they either protected Chickadee this phase or roleblocked Boon within the last 2 phases? Because if the answer to either of those 2 questions is yes, I think we can prove for certain that Chickadee is not aligned with Boon. Furthermore, it would also prove that his cult felt threatened by Chickadee, which means we could look towards the people Chickadee voiced as potential targets for cult members.
TLDR: If my theory that boon was recruited phase 2 is correct, then he should have been able to target someone phase 3 and phase 4. Since Creature is the only player to die other than the lovers, it is clear he only successfully targetted 1 person. He threatened you would die if he did which leads me to think he targetted you, however you claim to have jailkept him which could well have made his target on you fail.
I mostly just lurk now.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 1866, Chickadee wrote:I'm shot Varsoon, btw, in case anyone was wondering what order that all happened in. I have 1 shot left, and I don't think I'll be using it tomorrow. I'll be using my other ability. Just not sure on whom yet.
Varsoon was a bad shot.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Play
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

VOTE: chick
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

ahahaha I think you've got a death wish pal
<Embrace The Void>

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh, you think I kept chickadee alive, not myself.

Because he threated Chickadee, not me...:P
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Note to self: names beginning with C are not the same person. I thought it was weird that Chickadee was saying she wasn't going to reveal what her other ability was and then claim she jailkept someone :P You saved Chickadee's life 'tis what I meant :3

And this is why I don't think that was necessarily a good thing:

Screenplay's vote on Chickadee made me think about whether we should immunise Chickadee now that we know PRs can be recruited. But then I realised, surely Chickadee is now a high candidate for being recruited if not done so already? If my theory is correct, Boon tried to kill Chickadee. Furthermore, if they were on the same cult team, Chickadee would have known Boon would have died if she shot Varsoon since he claimed Brad. This means that the other cult knows for certain Chickadee has not already been recruited meaning they will try to recruit her. I also reckon that if a cult has previously recruited a PR, they'd know that Chickadee was not necessarily immune either, so would have recruited her then and there to give themselves a killing role amongst their team.

Like @Chickadee, why
did
you kill Varsoon? He was a claimed PR, no one doubted it and it meant he wasn't a cult leader. So why did you kill him? It would make sense for !cult Chickadee to want to take out PRs.

So, if a cult realised PRs were recruitable then Chickadee is probably already in a cult. Furthermore, now discovering PRs are indeed recruitable, Chickadee is probably going to get recruited anyway. A 1-shot kill would definitely be valuable to any cult that thinks they know who is a member of another cult, especially after they start looking and Boon's associations. All this inclines me to want Chickadee dead, but I guess that's not for me to decide.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Varsoon was also being a big-time debbie downer
having him around would have been a burden on the game
BTW I'm fine with Chick getting recruited, that would likely incline them to shoot either the opposing CL or a town PR and shooting a town PR is as good as a guilty
<Embrace The Void>

Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

I think the key is that only virgins can be recruited. Drealmer stated that somewhere. I still hold to the assumption that whether or not you start the game a virgin, is not based on whether or not you had a role. I suspect that some roles cannot be recruited. It seems to fit with the flavor and would help maintain balance.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Cool so if Chickadee does flip and that flip is cult then Ms Columbo has a strong chance of being a part of said cult.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1891, mutantdevle wrote:Cool so if Chickadee does flip and that flip is cult then Ms Columbo has a strong chance of being a part of said cult.
W H Y ?
<Embrace The Void>

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1890, Ms Columbo wrote:I think the key is that only virgins can be recruited. Drealmer stated that somewhere. I still hold to the assumption that whether or not you start the game a virgin, is not based on whether or not you had a role. I suspect that some roles cannot be recruited. It seems to fit with the flavor and would help maintain balance.
Is making a statement to refute the idea that Chickadee could be a part of a cult whilst not explicitly or directly defending Chickadee. It's like she wants to defend her but doesn't want to form associations.

We had discussions earlier about what is classified as a 'virgin' in the context of only virgins are able to be recruited, such a statement as this would have been fine back then. But the only reason to say something like this now would be to defend Chickadee. If Ms Columbo had specified that she doesn't think Chickadee would be recruitable because of this statement then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But, she has tried to hide her motive here. She expects us to come to the conclusion on our own that Chickadee isn't recruitable. The only reason she'd have to hide her motive of wanting to defend Chickadee would be because she doesn't want to form associations with her. Sure, this could be overly cautious town, but it's scummy at best and a fellow cult member of Chickadee has perfect motivation to phrase a defence like this.

If there are any more killing roles out there that don't want to risk shooting a town PR, perhaps try Ms Columbo first? If they flip cult, I think that'd be a huge implication that Chickadee is cult too.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1893, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1890, Ms Columbo wrote:I think the key is that only virgins can be recruited. Drealmer stated that somewhere. I still hold to the assumption that whether or not you start the game a virgin, is not based on whether or not you had a role. I suspect that some roles cannot be recruited. It seems to fit with the flavor and would help maintain balance.
Is making a statement to refute the idea that Chickadee could be a part of a cult whilst not explicitly or directly defending Chickadee. It's like she wants to defend her but doesn't want to form associations.

We had discussions earlier about what is classified as a 'virgin' in the context of only virgins are able to be recruited, such a statement as this would have been fine back then. But the only reason to say something like this now would be to defend Chickadee. If Ms Columbo had specified that she doesn't think Chickadee would be recruitable because of this statement then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But, she has tried to hide her motive here. She expects us to come to the conclusion on our own that Chickadee isn't recruitable. The only reason she'd have to hide her motive of wanting to defend Chickadee would be because she doesn't want to form associations with her. Sure, this could be overly cautious town, but it's scummy at best and a fellow cult member of Chickadee has perfect motivation to phrase a defence like this.

If there are any more killing roles out there that don't want to risk shooting a town PR, perhaps try Ms Columbo first? If they flip cult, I think that'd be a huge implication that Chickadee is cult too.
I think this is the first and probably the only time the "wrong way association" tell doesn't work
<Embrace The Void>

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1894, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think this is the first and probably the only time the "wrong way association" tell doesn't work
Do you mean "wrong way" as in 'by purposely not associating herself with Chickadee she is associating herself with Chickadee' or 'flipping Ms Columbo as evidence for Chickadee's alignment instead of vice versa'?
I mostly just lurk now.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1889, Gamma Emerald wrote:shooting a town PR is as good as a guilty
True! An if she does that we tell her that she's been naughty and to go to her room.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Porkens »

Varsoon is talking to me from beyond the grave.

He's complaining about his agency.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 1893, mutantdevle wrote:

Ummm...what I posted had nothing to do with Chickadee, you read that all yourself. It was about Brad and Janet, they both make sense to be virgins. Assuming Janet was recruited (that's how I read the reveal), she had to be a virgin. Brad apparently was deflowered according to the Voice. I assumed Varsoon was no longer recruitable after the Voice message. I assume a role like Magenta is not recruitable, as she is obviously not a virgin. It fits with the flavor and I don't think anything has contradicted that. Non-human roles...not necessarily obvious, but my guess is only humans are virgins.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 1896, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1889, Gamma Emerald wrote:shooting a town PR is as good as a guilty
True! An if she does that we tell her that she's been naughty and to go to her room.
It might be more of a punishment to make her eat the supper. :wink:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”