Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Can you explain your reasons for your reads on Action Dan and Quick? I listened to A50 and Cheeky and town read you for quite a while and you did not do much with it. I do strongly scum read you, AD, and Quick.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2999, northsidegal wrote:Multiple times, yes. Me / Dan / Quick.
Where? I see a lot of him saying he has high confidence scum reads on you three, but if hes explicitly said "the team is xyz" I'm not seeing it?

This seems like a misrep of his argument to me based on things like this:
In post 2938, Ranmaru wrote:I post that. I'm confident all three of you are scum. You should know, I was your hydra partner and was just as confident in that game too and influenced the game to the point we found scum, so I don't see how you are that confused I'd post such a video towards you, and I have posted that video before. (It's my favorite video to show to scum I'm confident in)
Where he is saying that he has high confidence scum reads but not high confidence scum reads together.

I often have scum reads that don't interact well with each other (i.e. wouldn't make sense together but do make a lot of sense individually as scum) so I don't see why you would have an issue with a position like this.

But its possible I'm missing him explicitly stating that you are the scum team as you're claiming rather than just saying he has three strong scum reads.

Quote it for me if thats the case.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:38 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 2950, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1705, ActionDan wrote:Well yes, I'm not blind.

As far as a read list goes, it's precisely the same as the last I gave except move CES to the town column.

Thus the not-town column reads as such: "Dunnstral; Marquis; GE" with the caveat that I haven't formed a complete read on GE.

To signal where I stand with both wagons mainly, but if my opinion is worth anything, perhaps slow the roll a tad and maybe even give people a chance to question me about the reads.
Also AD hasn't really shown much motivation to sort past having these reads.

And btw on the initial reason for ISO: a townread of eddie, but none of this bravado? ahahaha AD you've made some fatal missteps.
VOTE: ActionDan
ESKETIT
I feel like I keep asking Ran this but I'll ask you too.

Why should I feel the need to resort anything when my scum reads are unflipped and my town reads have flipped town thus far. T-chill was the only person of the flipped people so far that I thought had an ok chance of flipping scum.

Also in case you haven't noticed, It's D3 not D2 and we've mislynched twice. It's getting increasingly worrisome that town is getting in it's own way to mislynch people like NSG. You don't particularly seem to get that.

The only missteps I've made this game was not being louder. Now I am. I find it jarring that that of all things is your motivation for your vote. I suppose you can vote me in place of NSG too but I don't know why you scum read her either

lots of cuts
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:38 am

Post by northsidegal »

What will it change, for you?

I'm pretty sure I've already explained those before and i'm really tired of your questions. Don't think dan takes scum, I think he's been pretty good about shooting down bad points (thinking back to day one here), and i townread the nature of his team's contributions.

Quick is town. Meta. That good enough for you?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:39 am

Post by northsidegal »

Tsq, I was certainly interpreting it as a scumteam and I thought she'd said that. Ran, is that what you were saying?

things fall apart
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:40 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 2995, LicketyQuickety wrote:@Dan, could you get to that thing I wanted you to do?
Sorry what was that thing? I must have missed it and don't see it in your last few posts
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:44 am

Post by northsidegal »

@Ran
In post 2993, northsidegal wrote:Is your scumread on me truly so strong that you'd go against your teammate saying that he'd
literally bet the tournament
on me being town? Someone who has far more experience with and knowledge of me?

If yes, I don't mean to be rude, but that's arrogance to the extreme. Your hubris will be the town's failure.
I'd also like to point out that the people in the tournament with any real experience with me have me as literally locktown this game.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:45 am

Post by northsidegal »

By the way, quick is also town because of creature's contributions to this game.

things fall apart
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I think I said Action Dan and his team were likely to have sat back and defend while staying in the background. Yet I am mostly pushing based on individual suspicion. I think I am more right on NSG / LQ then Dan. I need you to stop thinking of team composition and think about in game play. Your reads need more then just 'meta'.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Can you elaborate on the creature thing.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Ranmaru »

A50 said Dan takes scum.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:51 am

Post by northsidegal »

If you think that's the only thing I've been saying you haven't listened to a word I've said.

Not thinking about team composition is also both willful ignorance and willful stupidity. Again - look at every player who's flipped scum this entire tournament. That's not just a defense of myself, that's also a part of my argument on who's scum.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:53 am

Post by northsidegal »

Creature has given meaningful thoughts on this game. He hates being scum so much that he couldn't even fake reads for quick if quick were scum.

things fall apart
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:03 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 3001, Thestatusquo wrote:Where he is saying that he has high confidence scum reads but not high confidence scum reads together.
If that video saying "It's you" on repeat wasn't enough then these are posts attempting to link LQ to me and NSG via "distracting"

In post 2931, Ranmaru wrote:Hey Shea. Recent pages: I push Action Dan, and NSG, and LQ does his distraction thing again. I think your biggest mistake is town reading him. I want us to talk through that read. Especially the counter wagon thing. Since I pushed his wagon D1 especially. I think everyone has to make sense of LQ's whole play or otherwise he will destroy the towns chances of being able to rationally find scum with his noise.
In post 2773, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 2769, ActionDan wrote:What does scum "intent" mean to you? If it means advancing a scum agenda, I'd say Dunn did his fair share pushing Tchill/Screenplay to lynch. And after that, lurking enough to not get noticed, is the motivation that describes most of his posts. I don't refuse to look deeper in LQ's posts. I've gone over them twice so far this game and thought he was town both times. A random post in 500 is not going to make me randomly reconsider if I don't think it's explicitly scummy, which that post isn't. Like it's bizarre because it's a post that's inexplicable. Who calls someone else a lying snake for something so innocuous as a theory post? It obviously doesn't increase a townread, it distracts from it, but it's not something I'd ever see and go "damn that's scummy" because it isn't that either.

you're acting if that's the end-all be-all when it isn't.
Lurking enough to not get noticed is also what you have been doing. Yet also town reading everyone. Your presence has been very very lacking, especially in Day 2 and Day 3. I think it's that town is generally towning so hard that it's hard for you to truly fake reads. I'm not ruling out that Dunn may be scum, but I'm more confident you are. LQ was using that argument to distract from Shea making a correct assessment on your and Davsto's play.
In post 2765, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 2723, Lycanfire wrote:(I know I hate how people ignore my reads so I'll give LQ a pity fuck- is over the top to is accusing Shea of doing something he isn't doing... Though I suppose that by attacking Shea's premise "once you're caught you're dead" is also attacking the Marquis wagon? I just don't view any of this as actually town, so seeing this as an attack on Shea, or the credibility of the Marquis wagon all get outpaced by the idea that LQ is just trying to create uncertainty tomorrow.)
Thank you. Out of Marquis and CES, I'd choose CES. Yet, I don't think either may be scum at this point, and prefer an Action Dan lynch. I highly agree with what you said, and I think I understand why LQ stated all that. #2393 is the source of all of that. I thought it may be likely LQ and Shea were having a calculated fight to distance, since Shea just parked his vote on LQ while I was telling him to vote Dan. Thing is I got Shea to consider Dan/Davsto as likely scum and LQ went crazy from there. I know everyone is saying 'Dan and NSG are town because they wouldn't pick it!' yet it doesn't match up with their actions in thread. Nor does LQ's. I think this is likely throwing us all on the loop, while Dan/NSG are being sort of in the background. (While LQ is active)
In post 2764, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 2334, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:With the Postienightkill, I'm also currently thinking that one potential purpose of it would be to make nsg look more town and thereby more clout to steer the lynch away from Marquis. Obviously, that does explicitly require Marquisscum but there are definitely scum teams for which that would make sense as a tactic (e.g. Marquis-nsg-Dunnstral). I think it's probably still more likely that it points to a relatively confident scum team (e.g. GE-AD-TSQ, but let's not actually entertain the possibility of Marquis being town if we can avoid it). I should do some calculations as a sanity check but it shouldn't matter too much Today either way - Marquis is the way forward.
Your #2715 is a solid point on Action Dan. Something else I have been considering is that Llama was killed to put suspicion towards CES / Shea. Postie kill to put suspicion on Dunnstral. I think a likely team is [Action Dan, Quick, NSG]. I've noted that NSG hasn't been as interested in sorting you as she states she would want
you
to be. She's not really active as much as I'd like, but her #2581 pinged me similar to an Earlier AD post: #1698. Her post, seems like she wasn't actively engaged yet she was reading through enough to know the vote count, and when Shea puts Marquis at L-1, she insists I unvote quickly! It just rubs me off the wrong way and it's very similar to AD. The team of [AD, Quick, NSG] Seems competent and confident enough to pick scum since people state that they each would pick town. Then Dan's #234 shows he believes Mulch picked scum over LQ or anyone else on his team. For LQ, I think this post and further interactions confirm LQ as scum: #2725. He keeps telling me 'this is what I do as town' yet he doesn't answer how what he is doing is helping town because he can't answer that. LQ is entirely progressing the scum win condition, not town win condition. If you can see with his persistent omgus on me, he is willing to put up a fight.
In post 2690, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I don't even know where this charge on nsg comes from; I've definitely been engaging her (just in my last post I encouraged her to continue our main strand of conversation).
I actually agree that this looks bad on her.
In post 2852, Ranmaru wrote:Gamma I'm telling you, Quick is scum trying to deflect. Simple as.
I'm also pretty sure there was a ranmaru post saying me and NSG town reading each other is another linking factor but I can't find it.
I mean Ranmaru said Gamma has "some good points" and the only "point" I've seen is that I'm willing to go to bat for NSG here via my own lynch instead of hers and that makes me scum because I didn't do the same with Eddie. Same idea

---

A50 is talking out of his asshole. Any reasons for that particular statement?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:04 am

Post by Ranmaru »

NSG: You aren't looking at posts of Action Dan due to team comp and preference, you aren't looking at quick due to meta which is based on one specific newbie game, you scum read Shea based on team comp. I also am still waiting on Math reads.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I will ask him. Dan, why did you not continue the conversation from two oages ago? Also, I want you to talk to me on my reasons for suspecting NSG.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:08 am

Post by northsidegal »

I've made in-game points as to why both of them are town. What's your response to this?
In post 3011, northsidegal wrote:If you think that's the only thing I've been saying you haven't listened to a word I've said.

Not thinking about team composition is also both willful ignorance and willful stupidity. Again - look at every player who's flipped scum this entire tournament. That's not just a defense of myself, that's also a part of my argument on who's scum.
You're nagging me to type so many things but you're not actually responding to any of it, just moving on to the next hoop that I haven't jumped through yet.

things fall apart
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I am mobile right now. If you want to post a chart here, go ahead. Then you will have to prove mathmatically why you have not received a scum role pm. (But not sure on the rules on that) More later, driving to work.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:15 am

Post by northsidegal »

:neutral:

things fall apart
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:23 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 3015, Ranmaru wrote:I will ask him. Dan, why did you not continue the conversation from two oages ago? Also, I want you to talk to me on my reasons for suspecting NSG.
I was in the shower than made lunch? this was like, what an hour or so.

Your reasons for suspecting NSG are what; half borrowed from Shea in that she fence-sat on Eddie and half that she has bad interactions with CES?

I'll delve into them deeper but I want to make the following comments:

Not too long ago you were pushing CES, and aside from that, your reads lists changes frequently, with paragraphs with basically the exact same content in them jostling up and down your read list. And after this experience I'm not inclined to take you seriously at all. I know how you got your read on me, and it boils down to you pulling a Mitch McConnell complaining I didn't do enough to stop people from voting Eddie.

Nor have you ever extended me the same courtesy by looking at my own cases aside from saying "I don't agree with them" or else I do believe you cherrypicked some particular point with regard to Dunnstral to attempt to refute. Can't remember it offhand.

What's important is that NSG is quite obvious town right now. You seem unable to see that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2991, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2989, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2988, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2984, Gamma Emerald wrote:Either he's defending his buddy or acting strange to implicate you. As town it feels weird.
What's with this dichotomy? Why is it impossible that he's defending someone he townreads?
Because why wouldn't he take the same defense day 2? it's oddly timed I feel.
Like I said, me and eddie are different people. Is it impossible to you that dan considers me with defending where eddie wasn't?
Why though? Honestly Eddie would seem more worth defending, he was more active than you.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2997, northsidegal wrote:Btw, gamma, you didn't quote your reasons for scumreading me.
I thought it was clear that I would do it if you didn't want to go looking. I guess I have to do everything...
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3017, Ranmaru wrote:I am mobile right now. If you want to post a chart here, go ahead. Then you will have to prove mathmatically why you have not received a scum role pm. (But not sure on the rules on that) More later, driving to work.
Ok so this is a really bizarre post.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3002, ActionDan wrote:
In post 2950, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1705, ActionDan wrote:Well yes, I'm not blind.

As far as a read list goes, it's precisely the same as the last I gave except move CES to the town column.

Thus the not-town column reads as such: "Dunnstral; Marquis; GE" with the caveat that I haven't formed a complete read on GE.

To signal where I stand with both wagons mainly, but if my opinion is worth anything, perhaps slow the roll a tad and maybe even give people a chance to question me about the reads.
Also AD hasn't really shown much motivation to sort past having these reads.

And btw on the initial reason for ISO: a townread of eddie, but none of this bravado? ahahaha AD you've made some fatal missteps.
VOTE: ActionDan
ESKETIT
I feel like I keep asking Ran this but I'll ask you too.

Why should I feel the need to resort anything when my scum reads are unflipped and my town reads have flipped town thus far. T-chill was the only person of the flipped people so far that I thought had an ok chance of flipping scum.

Also in case you haven't noticed, It's D3 not D2 and we've mislynched twice. It's getting increasingly worrisome that town is getting in it's own way to mislynch people like NSG. You don't particularly seem to get that.

The only missteps I've made this game was not being louder. Now I am. I find it jarring that that of all things is your motivation for your vote. I suppose you can vote me in place of NSG too but I don't know why you scum read her either

lots of cuts
OK this explains some things. I get the being louder part. But you still need to tell me why you misconstrued Llama's post
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3011, northsidegal wrote:If you think that's the only thing I've been saying you haven't listened to a word I've said.

AGAIN
, why do you keep thinking it couldn't be different between teams? If everyone thought alike do you think we'd have such a shitty bipartisan system in the US? No! My point is not everyone thinks alike and constantly pushin tha tline is getting on my nerves.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”