Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Qman »

The Fonz wrote: Well, obviously not every post you've made has been a list. But I've very much gotten the impression you're trying to blend into the background here and not draw too much attention to yourself. Who's got reason to do that? Hmmm.
Fair enough.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Holy »

Qman wrote:
Holy wrote:Finally I got a chance to read.
Many weird grammar on my posts :p

@Qman: so, what is this 'more than a slight' difference you found that you cannot agree on me?
The way you opened day 3 really bothers me,
you clearly didn't look to see if
the cop breadcrumbed anyone and made what you must have known would be a futile move to push an MGM lynch, a confirmed townie. I'm not sure I understand why you did that and for now, you are at the top mainly for that.
Yes, I didn't. I'm not used with looking for a breadcrumb from the cop. What I knew my vote was bought, and I can see Akonas was the cop which is dead, nothing more, I didn't know Mgm was cleared. And I'm not that careless pushing a lynch blindly, actions for agreeing or not with the 'Open Polls' can be seen, we're able to see each person motives, and it is retractable: Un-Open Polls <

Qman wrote:ALso on Holy,
her posts #511, and 525 are so riddled with wrong.

Holy using to much WIFOM does two major things A.) Makes what you say look uncredibile and B.) Is generally seen as a scummy thing when overused.

All townies will have small elements of WIFOM in thier arguements, yes. The keyword there is SMALL. Yours have huge amounts, and townies using to much WIFOM generally ends up with the townie swinging from a noose.
Post #525?

Which part of post #511 (If all, I just don't get it :p), this one?
"I'm always scummy though.
I want to give up that easy, but I know I'm town, we lynched one scum successfully, I won't "let" you lynched me if that makes the town lose another opportunity to lynch the real scum today."

There's nothing WIFOM-like from my arguments, I meant with what I say.
It's the guessing mind which make it WIFOM.
It's concerning your big suspicions, maybe that's why you think it's a huge WIFOM.
You're quite vague with your accusations there Qman, I'm starting to doubt you here ;_;
What exactly did you mean with this:
"and townies using to much WIFOM generally ends up with the townie swinging from a noose"
, btw? That I'm looking like a townie which lead my own lynch, or other townie lynch? '~'
You said I might be scum, and now I'm a WIFOMer townie? Just confess there! :p

I'll continue tomorrow morning, I need sleep now >.>
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Qman »

Holy wrote: What exactly did you mean with this:
"and townies using to much WIFOM generally ends up with the townie swinging from a noose"
, btw? That I'm looking like a townie which lead my own lynch, or other townie lynch? '~'
You said I might be scum, and now I'm a WIFOMer townie? Just confess there! :p

I'll continue tomorrow morning, I need sleep now >.>
I didn't say were scum or a townie using WIFOM, i was making the point that IF YOU ARE TOWN, and you end up being lynched, it will be because of the excessive amount of WIFOM you've been using. No more, no less.

If you want me to tell you were I stand on you, yes I think you are scum.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:19 pm

Post by Holy »

Qman wrote:I didn't say were scum or a townie using WIFOM, i was making the point that IF YOU ARE TOWN, and you end up being lynched, it will be because of the
excessive amount of WIFOM you've been using. No more, no less.
Gah! POINT IT! Which is it that lead you to think it is WIFOM, explain your thinking/reason, if not you're just ending the discussion there.

Qman wrote:On your immunity vote... why MGM? I know this might seem like a stupid question but I think MGM is the last person we should immunity.

Anyone voting for MGM at deadline is either an idiot or scum, and since the game isn't over the scum can't mislynch him alone. Giving him immunity seems a tad redundant at this point. Plus, from Akonas' death we already know that immunity doesn't carry over into the night like a doc protection, because Akonas just ended up dying night 2.

That said Immunity: Shanba.
Voting Mgm for immunity is not necessary, but it's not an idiot move.
Unlike yesterday case, there was no conflicting opinion regarding Akonas, granting him Immunity was only showing in the open who we (majority) think likely pro-town to the scum too early, and the lynch tendency wasn't directed to Akonas at all, it only gave scum knowledge which player likely hard to be driven to the lynch, I guess that's why he's dead now.
But today, I don't think I'm agree with you about Shanba, so voting for Mgm (although we understand if he won't be the lynch) has a better purpose now, that is to outnumbered the other candidate which I don't agree with.

Immunity: Mgm.

Gorgon wrote:What's my belief about lurkers that you're talking about? Looking over my posts in this game, I don't see me mentioning lurkers up until I voted opie.

The difference between opie and Mgm? At the time I felt it was not overly great - but you have to vote for someone. Also, just before I 'voted' (Page 18), Mgm came through with a pretty hefty (for him) and interesting post on links between players, which made me think better of him.
It was on the same post, a couple paragraphs before your vote. Yeah, like you said, you mentioning it just before you voted opie.

This post (italicize):
Gorgon wrote:Even though I have been a bit of a lurker in this game myself, I find it likely that scum may be found among the lurkers. In this regard, opie is looking particularily bad today. Shanba also hasn't contributed much, but his attitude towards it doesn't look that scummy to me (but this could be WIFOM, yadayadayda ...).

Of course, lack of contribution is not scummy in itself (as per my thoughts on Shanba),
but more than once have I seen lurkers come up town (or even played with them throughout the game, hearing them say that they intend to deliberately lurk)

So, I want more from opie, or I might end up voting him. He's my best lead right now. Not a great lead, but a lead nonetheless. It doesn't help that he calls from more content from other players, while not contributing much himself since then ...

With this in mind, I will informally

Vote: opie
Opie's lurk was just 'recently', maybe he got his reason, it didn't means he's scum. Farside's reasoning for he might be scum was much better than your justification though. From your answer, I took it that you were thinking Mgm was better than opie based from Mgm's posts on/since page #18, well, I can't see if posting links between players means that person is pro-town, but I'll accept that as your way of thinking then.
Gorgon wrote:
Mod, please replace me. I no longer enjoy mafia, and I am leaving the site. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Well, farewell~
Throw, err... serve a bowl of soup to Gorgon
^.~
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Mgm »

At the start of the game there was the whole discussion that we should wait to give immunity to whichever person was least scummy.

Granted, you don't need to save me from a lynch today, but if there is a tie I'll be giving the deciding vote. I think that makes it a good move, rather than a bad one.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Qman »

Holy wrote:
Qman wrote:I didn't say were scum or a townie using WIFOM, i was making the point that IF YOU ARE TOWN, and you end up being lynched, it will be because of the
Gah! POINT IT! Which is it that lead you to think it is WIFOM, explain your thinking/reason, if not you're just ending the discussion there.
As soon as I have the time to sift through the game I will, I dont right now (I work 12 hour days on the weekends, it'll probably have to wait till monday)
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Qman »

Holy wrote:
Qman wrote:On your immunity vote... why MGM? I know this might seem like a stupid question but I think MGM is the last person we should immunity.

Anyone voting for MGM at deadline is either an idiot or scum, and since the game isn't over the scum can't mislynch him alone. Giving him immunity seems a tad redundant at this point. Plus, from Akonas' death we already know that immunity doesn't carry over into the night like a doc protection, because Akonas just ended up dying night 2.

For the record, I didn't say voting MGM immunity was stupid/scummy/idiotic, i said anyone voting MGM for lynch was idiotic/stupid/scummy.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Qman »

Mgm wrote:At the start of the game there was the whole discussion that we should wait to give immunity to whichever person was least scummy.

Granted, you don't need to save me from a lynch today, but if there is a tie I'll be giving the deciding vote. I think that makes it a good move, rather than a bad one.
I agree with the basic point you have, but I don't think there is a snowballs chance of you getting lynched, so I'd rather the other person I think is town not get lynched as well. I don't mind if you get the immunity... I just don't see the point.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Holy »

Qman wrote:
Holy wrote:

For the record, I didn't say voting MGM immunity was stupid/scummy/idiotic, i said anyone voting MGM for lynch was idiotic/stupid/scummy.
Sorry, bad habit. Was skim read :p

But, I still not agree with Shanba, thus voting Immunity for Mgm is a good move, at least for me.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Holy »

^Sorry, broken tag. Both quotes were Qman's.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

Qman wrote:
Mgm wrote:At the start of the game there was the whole discussion that we should wait to give immunity to whichever person was least scummy.

I agree with the basic point you have, but I don't think there is a snowballs chance of you getting lynched, so I'd rather the other person I think is town not get lynched as well. I don't mind if you get the immunity... I just don't see the point.
The problem with this, of course, is that if there's a real danger of that player being lynched, that means there's several players who will disagree with you vehemently on this.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Mgm »

Holy wrote:Yes, I didn't. I'm not used with looking for a breadcrumb from the cop.
Really? Unless I died during the same night, ripping apart everything the cop said is pretty much my first priority the morning after they die.
Show
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Qman »

The Fonz wrote:
Qman wrote:

The problem with this, of course, is that if there's a real danger of that player being lynched, that means there's several players who will disagree with you vehemently on this.
The big word there is "if" in the statement "if there's a real danger".

My comments
1.) I can't really see any danger of MGM being lynched. I do understand what you are saying here though... but getting 4 (or three, with the vote swapper mobing a vote) people to vote for the likely cop innnocent investigation just isn't going to happen in my opinion.

2.) If it there is any realistic chance that MGM is going to be lynched, I'll switch my immunity vote to him to ensure he can't be lynched. I don't really see this as a problem right now though.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:08 am

Post by Mgm »

Can you elaborate on why you're confident enough to give your immunity vote to Shanba instead?
Show
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Holy »

Mgm wrote:
Holy wrote:Yes, I didn't. I'm not used with looking for a breadcrumb from the cop.
Really? Unless I died during the same night, ripping apart everything the cop said is pretty much my first priority the morning after they die.
So, what did you found then? :p
Visibly, he cleared you on N0, and got nothing on N1. That's all I got. Well..., and a possibility we have an RB in here.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:06 am

Post by farside22 »

Real quickly 2 things I wanted to point out. Vote day is April 7th. So I would like to see where people lay inso far as who they are looking to vote for. I will be on V/LA starting this Thursday April 3 until April 9th (approx). So if you folks have any quick thoughts on your top 2 choices I would like the hear about them.

1. Gorgon
2. Holy

Thanks
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Rishi »

farside22 wrote:Real quickly 2 things I wanted to point out. Vote day is April 7th.
Election Day will likely be pushed back by the number of days it takes me to find a replacement for Gorgon.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:09 am

Post by farside22 »

Rishi wrote:
farside22 wrote:Real quickly 2 things I wanted to point out. Vote day is April 7th.
Election Day will likely be pushed back by the number of days it takes me to find a replacement for Gorgon.
Can you give me an idea of a date by tomorrow what day you are thinking to extend to? I'm just curious if I will be around for last minute discussion.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:30 am

Post by Rishi »

farside22 wrote:
Rishi wrote:
Can you give me an idea of a date by tomorrow what day you are thinking to extend to? I'm just curious if I will be around for last minute discussion.
Probably about a week. Against my better judgment, I'll probably offer to cross-replace to fill the spot, since I'm not getting anywhere otherwise.

Oh, and prodding Shanba.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Holy »

@farside22: We still have Qman-case, Gorgon-case was sort of weak, not enough evidence. My top still Shanba :p
Will re-read those three sometime before deadline.
Well...yeah, those words are from one of the top suspects of the town, i.e. me >.>
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

OK.

Holy's top suspect is shanba.

Qman is most certain Shanba is town out of pretty much everyone, with the possible exception of Mgm (who needs prodding btw).

Would either care to explain?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Rishi »

The Fonz wrote: Qman is most certain Shanba is town out of pretty much everyone, with the possible exception of Mgm (who needs prodding btw).
???

Mgm last posted yesterday. Did you mean someone else needed prodding?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:24 am

Post by The Fonz »

No, I meant Mgm. Apparently i was mistaken.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:25 am

Post by farside22 »

farside22 wrote:
Gorgon (replaces ibaesha)
- first to spot hascow as scum do to WIFOM comment.
Felt Elias was scummie do to Boggzie comments.WIFOM comment about what hascow would do. In regards to the argument between Elias and I he took Elias side Hello Mr. 180 degree turn. Care to explain further?
Didn't offer much for a past few comment. Immunity Arkonas. Now states Elias and I could both be town.
(How many times can you change your mind without really saying anything) and in the next breath states I look town and wasn't so sure about Elias.
Here were my issues with Gorgon. I'm not liking his I think this and change of mind. Unfortunetly he took off and I will most likely not get any answers to my issues on him. As for Shanba I felt when he answer my comments it didn't sound forced and I thought he came off well so he is not at the top of my list anymore.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Holy »

Qman wrote:
Holy wrote:
As soon as I have the time to sift through the game I will, I dont right now (I work 12 hour days on the weekends, it'll probably have to wait till monday)
Btw, the more you prolong to provide the WIFOMs you accused me of, the more I think you're likely the scum ;_;
You were posting (without mentioning it at all) in here yesterday. Is it avoidance? You accused me, you must be knew which arguments, is it so hard to find what you accused me for in a more specific way? You just need to point it and throw a quick comment (as an opening) based from your suspicion >.>

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”