Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Mathdino »

Did self-voting gambits become really cool in the past year or something? I've never seen them actually benefit in getting reads on people.

Anyway Gamma's town, jmo feels town, wagoning Creature is still a shit idea, I'm working on coming up with Jay's tells (you'd think after seeing him live 4 or 5 times I'd start to figure something out) but I still don't recommend D1 Jay lynch for ~~reasons~~.

@mutant: The point of RVS is to get the ball rolling and start getting reads out of people.
Caaaan I interest you in a NSG or Aneninen mini-wagon so your vote isn't doing nothing?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:24 am

Post by Mathdino »

Setup has a vig, so that's cool. I have a working theory on how to best use it (especially given that we're in evens) but it's gonna require activity and not running things right up to the deadline.

Luckily games with playerlists that all know each other are mad townsided so we should probably be able to lock a lynch much sooner than that.

Don't really see any good strategies other than secret vig plan (I'm interested in discussing this later in the day with mutant actually).

VOTE: Aneninen
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:30 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

Secretly Dino wants to hang me day 1 but I'm too entertaining to get rid of immediately so he's saving his case for day 2.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:31 am

Post by northsidegal »

Any reason you're pushing for a wagon on me, math?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 27, Mathdino wrote:Setup has a vig, so that's cool. I have a working theory on how to best use it (especially given that we're in evens) but it's gonna require activity and not running things right up to the deadline.

Luckily games with playerlists that all know each other are mad townsided so we should probably be able to lock a lynch much sooner than that.

Don't really see any good strategies other than secret vig plan (I'm interested in discussing this later in the day with mutant actually).

Just because you know everyone, doesn't mean everyone else does
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:35 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 28, JaydragonKing wrote:Secretly Dino wants to hang me day 1 but I'm too entertaining to get rid of immediately so he's saving his case for day 2.
Actually yeah I'll make that my 3rd reason.
In post 29, northsidegal wrote:Any reason you're pushing for a wagon on me, math?
I always have reasons in RVS :D
(like unironically tho)

Edit: I think more than enough players here know each other even just from the Open Queue to do pretty well.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:40 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 26, Mathdino wrote:Did self-voting gambits become really cool in the past year or something? I've never seen them actually benefit in getting reads on people.

Anyway Gamma's town, jmo feels town, wagoning Creature is still a shit idea, I'm working on coming up with Jay's tells (you'd think after seeing him live 4 or 5 times I'd start to figure something out) but I still don't recommend D1 Jay lynch for ~~reasons~~.

@mutant: The point of RVS is to get the ball rolling and start getting reads out of people.
Caaaan I interest you in a NSG or Aneninen mini-wagon so your vote isn't doing nothing?
My self vote wasn't a gambit, just RVS. I didn't realise people took RVS so seriously and a method of actually reading people, it's always been a way of just saying "Hello, I'm here. This is my joke." to me.

And why NSG/Aneninen? I typically don't vote unless there is a strong or logical case on someone, I scum read them myself or I compromise due to time (though maybe that's not so true for my more recent games?). I guess I could do an Aneninen wagon simply because I have no idea who they are and I respect NSG's play based on my games with her.

Also, am I supposed to know your secret vig plan - or be able to help with it in any way? Like, why is it specifically me you want to talk to about it?
I mostly just lurk now.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:45 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

Fun fact: in the game's I've played with Luca and Almost so far, they've each died night one.

Now, if I were to go out of RVS and start a strategy, I know it'll be a while before I can get a true read on Dino so I'll wait a bit on that front, but town-lean for now. His actions are definitely one to watch out for.

Luca voting me for my streak is funny and probably NAI, North as well, so that's fine. But Mutant's entrance and his little story and subsequent self-vote makes me feel like he's going to play off the fact that his last game with like four of us ended in us having a meta on him to townread such crappy behavior from him. I elect to not let that happen.

VOTE: Mutantdevle
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:47 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 33, JaydragonKing wrote:townread such crappy behavior from him
You offend me good sir.
I mostly just lurk now.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Mathdino »

Fair enough. I think there are a lot of ways to use RVS. I'd actually hope we're out of totally-random-VS already (and might be a little peeved at people coming in on page 3 and random voting).

Not voting someone because they're good at the game is silly :P
Basically, the earlier I can sort NSG, the more comfortable I'll feel about the gamestate. Probably the greatest balance between "player I can respect" and "player I won't get paranoid of".
Aneninen's Creature vote was no bueno bueno imo but we'll get to that.

You like setup spec and probabilities and shit. I respect that. I don't expect you to know my secret vig plan because I just came up with it about an hour ago.

Edit: Does anyone have scum meta of mutant? That would help here. I have a hunch on how he would behave as scum.
And lol @ crappy behaviour; he was insanely obvtown in Switch but A50 being scum and not being available to accurately read him completely fucked his towncred.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:51 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 33, JaydragonKing wrote:his last game with like four of us ended in us having a meta on him to townread such crappy behavior from him. I elect to not let that happen.
So you're voting him because you think he's trying to recreate his play from the late time you guys played together where he was town? Or is he still just the same player, still possibly as town?
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Mathdino »

I mean that secret stuff is aside from obvious shit, like "if anyone fakeclaims vig, just shoot them instead of counterclaiming". I have other plans to deal with fakeclaimers but we'll get to that when we run up scum.

And also "don't fakeclaim just to not get lynched".

Oh and also "if you're a PR who's literally about to get lynched within 30 minutes, don't self-hammer".

._.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 37, Mathdino wrote:I mean that secret stuff is aside from obvious shit, like "if anyone fakeclaims vig, just shoot them instead of counterclaiming". I have other plans to deal with fakeclaimers but we'll get to that when
we run up scum

Oh and also "if you're a PR who's literally about to get lynched within 30 minutes, don't self-hammer".

._.
How would you know?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 27, Mathdino wrote:Setup has a vig, so that's cool. I have a working theory on how to best use it (especially given that we're in evens) but it's gonna require activity and not running things right up to the deadline.

Just because you know everyone, doesn't mean everyone else does
Also dino talk to me about this
<Embrace The Void>

JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:56 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

In post 37, Mathdino wrote:I mean that secret stuff is aside from obvious shit, like "if anyone fakeclaims vig, just shoot them instead of counterclaiming". I have other plans to deal with fakeclaimers but we'll get to that when we run up scum.

._.
But that's literally my gimmick Dino! Strat-Shaming me in particular... Rude.
BRB as Elsa Jay tries to get reliable internet access before joining any other games. Also trying to get gud at Mafia. PS: Sorry for bailing out on ya Dino. Go check out Clownspiricy anyway! Still very fun to read!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Mathdino »

1. How would I know what?
I more broadly mean that I expect scum to claim a power role so as to dodge the lynch. So we'll deal with the claim situation when it comes.

2. I already did, see my edit above. I think Aneninen is the only player that I personally remember that idk if anyone else does, but it'd be pretty unlikely he literally knows no one else in this list.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:59 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 35, Mathdino wrote:Basically, the earlier I can sort NSG, the more comfortable I'll feel about the gamestate. Probably the greatest balance between "player I can respect" and "player I won't get paranoid of".
Ahh yes, I can see where you're coming from there. Pretty much the reason I respect NSG is that she seems like an ideal scum partner for me.
In post 35, Mathdino wrote:You like setup spec and probabilities and shit. I respect that. I don't expect you to know my secret vig plan because I just came up with it about an hour ago.
Okay yeah, I'm interested now. I'm now currently trying to think about what your vig plan could be in such a setup as this :3

As for my scum meta, I just finished a Jester-Nightless Micro here. I was feeling confident that game as scum until the jester self-hammered and correctly identified me and my scum buddy as such :/
I mostly just lurk now.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:07 am

Post by Mathdino »

As someone who was scum in jester nightless, it's not GOOD scum meta, but it'll do. I think I can sort of see some differences. Problem is scum is required to 3p-hunt in jester nightless to not insta-lose on each lynch.

And as much fun as it'd be to be scum with NSG, the point is that I think a wagon on her will make it easier to sort her, while a wagon on someone like A50 would basically get useless reactions.
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:54 am

Post by RedFlavor »

VC 1.01
Jaydragonking(2):
Northsidegal , Luca Blight
Creature(3):
Aneninen , Gamma Emerald , jmo16mla
Gamma Emerald(1):
pinturicchio ,
Aneninen(1):
Mathdino
mutantdevle(1):
Jaydragonking

Not Voting:
Almost50, Creature, TheGoldenParadox, mutantdevle

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day one ends Tuesday, March 13th at 1.20pm UTC or in (expired on 2018-03-13 16:20:00)

Mod Notes: If you don't have fun, you will get modkilled :D
Last edited by RedFlavor on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@RedFlavor can you please reduce the empty lines in the VC?

In other news thinking Mathdino is town for now

--
sure
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

Here we are with good-bye in our eyes
Running out of reasons to try.
The leaves of change have fallen down
With both of us wondering why.
We're all alone but still it seems
We're thousands of miles apart
The sands of time have shifted now
And the end is beginning to start.
And I don't know the answers
'Cause I don't know the questions
I'm just trying 'cause I don't even know
Who's
leaving
voting
who?
Is it me is it you?
Do you think we could change if we knew?
Tell me who's
leaving
voting
who?
Is there anything left we can do?
Can you tell me who's
leaving
voting
who?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:25 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

Oh, Welcome Almost! Your just in time for the fuckery that will be page 3!

Oh, love that the Moderator literally links the post in which the person voted. Makes it much easier to fact check.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 47, JaydragonKing wrote:Oh, Welcome Almost! Your just in time for the fuckery that will be page 3!

Oh, love that the Moderator literally links the post in which the person voted. Makes it much easier to fact check.
Fact check what?
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 47, JaydragonKing wrote:Your just in time for the fuckery that will be page 3
What? Why? When? Where?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Open Games”