Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 609, Almost50 wrote:
In post 555, Iconeum wrote: Mastina is just Mastina. She sees something she doesn't like and she pursues that case and God help whomever is the target of that case, regardless of their alignment. She would play this exact way regardless of her alignment.

However, so far I haven't seen a sign of Scum!Mastina. There's at least one scumtell of hers that I am very well aware of, and that doesn't seem to exist in here.
Would you mind enlightening us on what tell that would be? Or would it be the kind of thing that self-awareness would prevent her from exhibiting?
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by Beefster »

VOTE: acryon

From what I can tell, this is L-2.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Inferno:

Dang, a lot has happened since my last post!
Something is pinging me about S&C, and I'm not sure what yet. It could just be the driving playstyle, because it reminds me a lot of my first game on the site. The slot seems very, VERY sure that MD is scum. On the cunning scale, from "actual rock I found outside" to "100 evasion in Skyrim," I'd rate this as "Donald Trump as a ninja." Lots of walls, lots of confidence, very aggressive, but is ale to complete dodge around other players attacking their read.

Two things that I don't like right now about MD is that 1) He was perfectly comfortable arguing up a crudfest as long as Brafin and I were stumbling around in our reads, but the moment we made a good point, or asked a legitamite question, or did anything that was actually good reading against him, he immeadiatley shuts up and drops the point, trying to cut us off from another angle. I really don't like that. 2), I'm all for MDs anger being real in the sense that it's real anger, it's definitely not real
town
anger. C&S has made good points about this so far, but my 2 cents is that it's not anger coming from "oh my gosh, this is a crap read and is stupid" as much as "shut up and leave me alone, I'm refusing to cooperate with you." That's very scummy imo.

@C&S: Brafin and I have decided that we are very comfortable with an MD lynch, and we are not yet comfortable with an acyron lynch today.
Also, considering Iconeum's response to your reads, have considered a Chainsaw defense from his as scum being a possibility?

BuJaber is reading me as town more and more as I read. His posts defintely seem to come from a town standpoint.

More later, but I have a LOT of reading up to do.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Your "shut up and leave me alone" take is a pretty accurate representation of my anger, yeah.

Dude, every single time I decide to ignore you out of tiredness, you bring up in EVERY SINGLE POST "oh well fuckin Dino here started to ignore us once we made a good point, how scummy is that!"

You think ALL your points are good. The points you make when i shut down on you are no better than your others. It just happens to be when i stop talking to you.
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by InfernoBrafin »

In post 628, Mathdino wrote:Your "shut up and leave me alone" take is a pretty accurate representation of my anger, yeah.

Dude, every single time I decide to ignore you out of tiredness, you bring up in EVERY SINGLE POST "oh well fuckin Dino here started to ignore us once we made a good point, how scummy is that!"

You think ALL your points are good. The points you make when i shut down on you are no better than your others. It just happens to be when i stop talking to you.
Inferno:

First off, I do not think all my points this game have been good. I am admitting that my game so for has not been the best, and that I've blundered around quite a bit and made some mistakes.
But that does not inherently mean that all my points were bad, either.

Second, stop shading me as an idiot that only makes shitty reads. Because that's not what's going on here, and I know it, and you know it.

Third, when you were all about how we were going to pair you with Beefster, and Brafin came out and said that that wasn't even on our radar for a scumteam, and then came back some time later and said his reads had changed, and you got all high and mighty and self-righteous about it, and then Brafin pointed out that that was blatant Ad Hoc, and you completely dropped the point and haven't mentioned it since but were plenty willing to argue over other matters with us--

How was that "ignoring us "out of tiredness?"
How is Brafin's point about Ad Hoc bad?
How stupid do you think we are that we aren't going to notice that?

I'm sorry that we're saying your ignoring our good points, but if the shoe fits, wear it. Plus, why is it that when we made that point, you completely dropped it, but you were perfecctly willing to attack our other, bad points? Will you explain that to me, why you're ignoring one half of our reads and points and pitching a god-awful fit about the other?
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In saying "lol I predicted IB pairing me up with Beefster" I was being prideful, not trying to actually defend myself.

IB saying "yo I'm only pairing you with Beefster because you suggested it" doesn't change the fact that I predicted it, so I feel no less good about having made that prediction.

I'm not even talking about my alignment or trying to elaborately confirm or prove myself as town. I just don't care at this point.

Your points on me have been dead wrong and continuously dead wrong through the game. You seem to not care about changing them, and you also seem to be the kind of guy that doesn't take responsibility for their own bad reads. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've done the research.

"Ignoring your points" is not a scumtell.
"Ignoring a player that is locked in a tunnel" is not a scumtell.
"Interpreting the word 'scummy' in 2 different ways" is not a scumtell.
"Calling random players scummy" is not a scumtell.

Your posts (and mastina's posts) are so chock full of bad logic that it would legit be a pain to go through all of them when I could be ISOing acryon or Bujaber instead. If you hold me to the standard of responding to ALL your points, that puts me in a chokehold where I'm unable to do basically anything else with my time or my presence. Also puts the thread in a chokehold.

You need to stop this.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 625, Beefster wrote:
In post 609, Almost50 wrote:
In post 555, Iconeum wrote: Mastina is just Mastina. She sees something she doesn't like and she pursues that case and God help whomever is the target of that case, regardless of their alignment. She would play this exact way regardless of her alignment.

However, so far I haven't seen a sign of Scum!Mastina. There's at least one scumtell of hers that I am very well aware of, and that doesn't seem to exist in here.
Would you mind enlightening us on what tell that would be? Or would it be the kind of thing that self-awareness would prevent her from exhibiting?
What is self awareness?? It's people noticing you do something as one alignment and not the other, and
telling you
about it. From that moment on it ceases to be a tell, because you'd either do it as the other alignment or stop doing it altogether.

In other words, if I told you about the one "strong" tell I have on Mastina I will no longer be able to get a read on her in the future.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 616, Almost50 wrote:
In post 615, BuJaber wrote:Do you think you've done/said enough to be townread?
I dunno. Do you?

I don't go like "I'll post this because it makes me townread". I just post my thoughts regardless.

Also, does "I will accept your explanation for now" imply I'm SRing Dino? I don't care how YOU perceive my play/talk. I said to ask Dino himself if he thought I was SRing him. He knows me better, and he is the subject of the this discussion.
I don't do that either, but when someone does TR me their reasons have to make sense. I might in that case read my ISO to see how it might look liked to an uninformed party.

As for the last paragraph: Yes it does though. You wouldn't need an explanation if you didn't think what he did was a possible scumtell. And " for now" implies you'd revisit. But okay I'll ask.

MD - was A50 scumreading you?

Pedit - yeah what was the point of that question Beef?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Depends on your definition of "scumread". A50 likes to try to call the entire scumteam, and he was very clearly pairing me with acryon initially, but then switched over to a townread that he has numerous reasons to second-guess himself on. It looks like he just doesn't think I'm a good lynch today.

That's all obviously assuming he's town, so w/e.

Beefster asking for A50's tells on mastina is pretty upsetting. I should actually ISO that slot and see if my early read holds up.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Beefster »

I was just hoping to get some insight on what to watch out for. I figured self-awareness would play into it and that he probably wouldn't be able to answer.

Meta is never enough by itself anyway.
Get to know a meat boy
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 385, the worst wrote:Just like quickly caught up. Still processing everything a little but gut says
VOTE: Carrot and Stick

Replacing in like 9-10 days out from deadline, attempting to sweepingly discredit nearly the entire player list for being "morons" then War and Peace-casing the fuck out of the player who has BY FAR been the most proactive pre-replacements is nuts.

This feels like a ploy to win towncred/town leader position and not an active scumhunt.

Just need to decide for myself whether this play is too poor for scum!C&S honestly

P.S. my duck cuz is reading town to me. Still liking inferno less but this slot is more nullish/nulltown I think.
In post 606, the worst wrote:UNVOTE:
1. Mastina feels towny.
2. If this is scum!Mastina I need to think a LOT deeper.
In post 607, the worst wrote:VOTE: Iconeum
@the worst, you made no posts between these quotes, so it's a strange thought process to follow. What made you change your gut feeling about carrot?
Would you care to elaborate your vote on me, before I omgus you? Care to join in on the actual discussion instead of being silly?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by the worst »

Ok suggesting it's unreasonable for me to change my mind on Mastina between 385 and 606 is ridiculous. I explained my read change. I'm not into wall posting, I'm here to have fun not to get RSI and make your eyes bleed. :lol:

It's pinging me how youre kinda jumping into conversations and asking apparently pointless questions, making odd suggestions & not following through on them and generally agreeing with the tone of the game. Honestly the issue I have rn is the behaviours which are pinging me from you are what I do as scum.

Also using "omgus voting" as a threat is deeply invalid. What's your read on me exactly?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by the worst »

Just going on the record to say. Unless something extremely sheepable kicks down a few doors I can't see myself voting Math or C&S today.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:43 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Iconeum/the worst are both town I'm pretty sure.

Wild unexplained read change on the worst's part followed by a vanity vote on the most widely townread player in the game?
Town.

I disagree with the idea that Icon is asking pointless questions or agreeing with the tone of the game. I think his presence has been distinctly pro-town (although I guess I might be biased).
At the very least not getting lynched today ever.
Townnn.

End-of-day lynch should be in:
{Not_Mafia, Paradox, IB, acryon, Kthxbye (total lack of posting is actually more concerning than active lurking here)}

If I die, consider A50 for tomorrow. I'm not townreading him yet tbh even now that he's caught up. Feels problematic.

And obviously if flip, acryon's town, and mastina utterly fails to catch scum in every way, probably scum there too.

My town is basically everyone else.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Acryon, in that entire big wall of a readlist you make, you come to the conclusion that Beefster is your most likely scum. You also vote him, but there is 0 effort in you pushing that case; There wasn't even a reference to Beefster in that entire post.
What's up with that?

fp'd MD
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by the worst »

It's actually tingling me tho and I'd rather talk this through now than closer to phase end. :/ Ico even though you're unlikely to be wagoned, I do expect an answer.

I think I need a vote count.... Far too lazy to keep up with this many players :P
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by Iconeum »

An answer to how I read you? Town, which is why I'm questioning your vote on me.
Also, I now expect a bigger post from you explaining this:

'jumping into conversations and asking apparently pointless questions, making odd suggestions & not following through on them and generally agreeing with the tone of the game'
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:38 pm

Post by the worst »

I don't want to make a big post. I'm super exhausted this week and the effort involved far exceeds what anyone would gain from it. it is just a niggling vibe I'm getting and I'm starting to think might boil down to playstyle.

fyi, big posts aren't my style.
they are shitful to write, annoying to read and sometimes convincing.

on that note: I am not heavily scumreading you as of this post and don't plan to tunnel too hard here.

Iconeum wrote:
In post 385, the worst wrote:Just like quickly caught up. Still processing everything a little but gut says
VOTE: Carrot and Stick

Replacing in like 9-10 days out from deadline, attempting to sweepingly discredit nearly the entire player list for being "morons" then War and Peace-casing the fuck out of the player who has BY FAR been the most proactive pre-replacements is nuts.

This feels like a ploy to win towncred/town leader position and not an active scumhunt.

Just need to decide for myself whether this play is too poor for scum!C&S honestly

P.S. my duck cuz is reading town to me. Still liking inferno less but this slot is more nullish/nulltown I think.
In post 606, the worst wrote:UNVOTE:
1. Mastina feels towny.
2. If this is scum!Mastina I need to think a LOT deeper.
@the worst, you made no posts between these quotes, so it's a strange thought process to follow. What made you change your gut feeling about carrot?
Would you care to elaborate your vote on me, before I omgus you? Care to join in on the actual discussion instead of being silly?
can you talk me through your intent & what was going through your mind when you made this post?

outside of questioning you I have a couple of issues buzzing around my head which I'll be considering (preferably) after the next vote count.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by Iconeum »

My intent and thoughtprocess? OMGUS

You called me out for ''jumping into conversations and asking apparently pointless questions, making odd suggestions & not following through on them and generally agreeing with the tone of the game',

but when asked what posts made you feel this way you don't want to? Why did you attempt to shade me in the first place? And not only shade, apparently I jumped to the top of your scumlist lol

somehow it's more important for you to effort that, instead of commenting on the actual discussion.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Post by the worst »

you're not at the top of my scumlist, what makes you think that?
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:54 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Post by the worst »

sorry got called away. I'll try and explain
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Post by the worst »

so I'm not voting you because I think you're the most likely player to be scum. I also just pointed out I don't intend to tunnel here.

is it easier to think of it as a reaction test? that's not perfect wording but it's closer to my intent
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Post by the worst »

I've been struggling to sort your slot and it seems like most of the rest of the playerbase has strong reads on you

so sorting you feels pretty important rn
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Post by the worst »

UNVOTE:
I'm happy with this

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”