Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 724, Not_Mafia wrote:Wtf is happening
your vote is gonna stay on me and you don't have to do anything all day, basically

if you want to do something, you can pop in at random times and deliver a one-liner about why people should vote me
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Oh awesome, back to regularly scheduled programming
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:12 am

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Inferno

Has no one seriously noticed yet that the mod has not confirmed that we are gladiating?

Because if the mod does not confirm that, it's very possible that acyron is making stuff up to try and get a mislynch, and the mod can't say anything without revealing scum.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Mathdino »

I believe him if only because I don't believe he straight up claims scum like that.

Like, as scum, he's more likely to get quicklynches on anyone else.

Request votecount.
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:53 am

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Brafin:

Inferno and I have been discussing the new developments, and we have a few thoughts we'd like to share.

First: We must approach this super carefully. Neither one of us feels like this was a very town-sided move on acron's part, since both of these players are pretty generally accepted to be town by the other players. He's basically forcing the lynch to two players that would never get lynched otherwise. There's not much town motivation there, but there is plenty of scum motivation: 1) In a TvT scenario, to avoid a scum lynch day 1. 2) in a TvS scenario, to gain massive town cred and protect acryon from further votes. He's pretty effectively derailed the acryon train and it's unlikely to start again anytime soon.

Second: This must be a very well-informed lynch. We can't just all hop on, because this is a prime time to gain a lot of info about several slots. Plus scum might play differently now they are in the clear today.

From a slot perspective, we(That is, Inferno and I)'d much rather have a MD lynch today. We read him as far more scum-aligned as Iconeum, and frankly, his blocker claim is a little weak. The only way he's going to die with a blocker role at night for a while is if he happens to block the night-kill or the scum just straight-up shoot him, which is likely; why would scum leave a blocker, a confirmed PR, to screw with an investigative role that might turn up later? They wouldn't, they're just going to straight-up kill him. The only way Math can possibly live through the night is if he's scum, regardless of whether his claim is real or not. And yet he plays like he'll see sunrise, and be around to protect future PRs.

Iconeum, however, has claimed nothing and therefore has a higher chance of living through the night, because why would scum kill a VT unless they were afraid of Lylo? They won't; they'll hunt PRs instead (i.e. Kill Math)

So possibilities are:
Math is lynched and is scum == YAY! That tells us a TON about the scumteam. Acryon is probably bussing, and Beef/Math, Mast/Math or Maf/Math is probably SvS just by interaction.
Math is lynched and is bodyguard == Not great, but it does tell us, by association, a lot about town/scum lineups. Like, I'd say at this point that if Math is town, C&S, Beef, and Acryon are all definitely on my scumread list.
Ico is lynched and is scum == Meh. If Ico is scum, we literally have nothing to build off of. Most players see him as town and have interacted with him in a townie way (except TW, but I honsetly think he's town regardless). It's good because it gets scum, but it's not super helpful to town.
Ico is lynched and is town == We are now in a bit of a pickle. If Math gets the NK, he's obviously town, if not, hes obvscum for reasons stated above. So it does tell us some about town, but it's still not great.

I will point out that this only works if math doesn't get protected tonight. SO protective roles, please do so.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Mathdino »

You do realise I claimed bodyguard, not roleblocker, right?

Fucking lol, brafin
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:03 am

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Yes. That's a typo, but thanks for trying to undermine my argument with that.
I just got done with a two hour calculus test on sequences and series and it SUCKED. My head is pounding, my allergies are killing me, and it's only lunchtime and my day has been awful. So please if you don't mind, cut me a little slack. At least I'm trying to keep up.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Mathdino »

You got it

Just know that there's likely no other protectives

I'm open to counterclaims
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:13 am

Post by BuJaber »

I disagree completely with IB's reasoning.

Info is great but it isn't everything. We are primarily concerned with catching scum. And imo icon is more likely to be scum than MD.

Not to mention that yes maybe MD's lynch gives us more info to work with, it isn't impossible to get info from icon's lynch. Scum know alignments. Therefore they sound more sure and their reasoning is generally weaker. Their approach is vague and widens the lynch pool... etc. Etc.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:14 am

Post by BuJaber »

btw I'm only keeping my vote on beef for now to see how it reflect on the VC in case acryon is lying.

I fully intend to vote for icon given the gladiator thing.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Momrangal »

And I'm not gonna do a damn thing until we get an answer
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Momrangal »

Clarity. W/e
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:31 am

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Inferno:

@Bujaber:

Wat
The actual heck

Did you even read that post all the way thorugh? Ico is being townread by about half the town. (If I am wrong about that, speak now or forever hold your peace.) If we are hunting for scum, like you say, in what world is the town going to all agree to lynch the townread?

Let me put it this way: convince this entire town that Ico is a better lynch that MD by only using scumreads. Explain why Ico is scummy enough that half of the town townreads him.

Plus, there is also general agreement that both are probably town. (except for us, but whatever) How are we supposed to lynch scum out of two prob-town reads?

The right play is to try and get the info from today and N1 to hit scum tommorow night.

I'm going to put aside my reads today as well and give this alternate scenario: Let's not lynch at all today. :D
First, if scum NKs tonight, we'll (hypothetically) be at 12, which basically funtions as a N0 kill and gives town a statistically better chance of winning (I think, can someone run numbers on that?). If they decline to take the NK for the above reasons, then've we've reset and we can use today's info to nail down scum.
Plus, we avoid lyncing what is generally considered to be two town players.

Brafin says he's all down for this too, so that's where this slot is gong to move.
VOTE: No Lynch
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 664, acryon wrote:This is such a frustrating game. Effort is NAI, yet it's apparent that's what I'm being nailed on, and I wouldn't have signed up for this game if I knew that would be an issue (it hasn't in my previous mini's).

When I don't have a lot of time for a game, gut is going to play a larger role than other times.

I am Captain Strong, town 1-shot gladiator.

Gladiate: MathDino and Iconeum

Dino because I don't think town!Dino gives into peer pressure and builds this bad case. Iconeum because I think he is scum that got wind of people townreading him and decided he could ride on that, which shows his clear change in play from the early part of the day to the later part.
Mathdino and Iconeum are the only lynches available today! Votes are reset, deadline may end up extended so standby on that, will do a VC soon
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

lol
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:30 am

Post by the worst »

Ico should probably claim. Role madness is kinda almost impossible to read correctly and role utility is a big factor here.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 679, Mathdino wrote:I claim bodyguard. My alignment is sorted by the nightkill, as I've stated time and time again. I alluded to my end of day reads lost which I was gonna use to crumb my target. If anyone seriously questions this, I can go find more allusions, but I didn't breadcrumb because I literally just need to stop a kill to prove myself.

A50 is gonna fuckin love this one.

I was gonna protect Iconeum. Real nice call, acryon.
VOTE: Iconeum
Town, but not me, and I think I have more to offer town late game on account of experience and role.
:facepalm:

OK, the following isn't actually "scum hunting", but rather an attempt to understand how you think (i.e. taking a peek into your brain).

Spoiler:
So, you intended to protect Icon, and if you flipped the town should consider lynching me??
Also, if you flipped that should prove acronym is town??
I mean, a shot on ICON proves HE is town. What does that have to do with acronym? And why would you expect scum!me to be shooting Icon in particular?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Votecount 1.30(0) Mathdino:
(0) Iconeum:

(13) Not Voting: All

(expired on 2018-03-07 16:00:00)

Deadline is set to 7 irl days as it has passed that point
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:55 am

Post by the worst »

Hey Gamma has anyones vote been nullified?

I do not understand the question.
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:56 am

Post by the worst »

In post 710, Iconeum wrote:VOTE: mathdino
In post 679, Mathdino wrote:I claim bodyguard. My alignment is sorted by the nightkill, as I've stated time and time again. I alluded to my end of day reads lost which I was gonna use to crumb my target. If anyone seriously questions this, I can go find more allusions, but I didn't breadcrumb because I literally just need to stop a kill to prove myself.

A50 is gonna fuckin love this one.

I was gonna protect Iconeum. Real nice call, acryon.
VOTE: Iconeum
Town, but not me, and I think I have more to offer town late game on account of experience and role.
only current votes actually I think
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 am

Post by InfernoBrafin »

VOTE: No Lynch
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:24 am

Post by the worst »

Don't think gladiator usually allows a no lynch. :/ at least it didn't on the forum I used to play on.
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:44 am

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Let us ask then.
@MOD
can we go to a no lynch today?
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 747, InfernoBrafin wrote:Let us ask then.
@MOD
can we go to a no lynch today?
I'll allow it if majority votes for it. However since I am doing this if no votes are cast for either player gladiated and no majority is achieved for no lynch then a coin shall be flipped to determine which is lynched.
<Embrace The Void>

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:41 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE: NO LYNCH

Currently feeling this. Good call ... James?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”