Mini 1990: Terror in the City (Game Over)

Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Momrangal »

In post 1100, The Powerpuff Girls wrote:
In post 1099, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1097, The Powerpuff Girls wrote:This is a weird perspective as Town.
It's not.
In post 1097, The Powerpuff Girls wrote:Why are you asking if it matters when we potentially mislynch her rather than trying to see her alignment
I've already provided my opinion of her alignment and regardless, my question still stands.
In post 1097, The Powerpuff Girls wrote:or RC's alignment?
What does RC's alignment (which I've opined on) have to do with my question?
Well if it has nothing to do with Mom's alignment (the subject) or RC's alignment (the respondent) then I don't see the purpose of such a question, if you want to lynch mom now make a case to convince town rather than whatever it is you think you're doing providing fluff content disguised as something useful.

~ Buttercheeks
I think I wanna add the prepubescent hero's to my leantown list
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Also yes I would have no lynched. We shouldn't even have gotten to a deadline scramble anyway.

A no lynch isn't the best scenario but it beats mislynching a PR. Especially if said PRs are easy to prove to be town.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Momrangal »

I dislike Fitz and Chicks reasons for my lynch. I dislike Chick ignoring the claim overall
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1127, Momrangal wrote:I dislike Fitz and Chicks reasons for my lynch. I dislike Chick ignoring the claim overall
Sorry did I miss something? I saw your claim. I even made reference to it. Maybe I misunderstood something about it?

Also I am coming around to the idea of Gamma scum. His recent reactions have been off-putting to me.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

I think TPG is right here and Mom is town here. I feel like I did yesterday , she been awkward and hot and cold but I have not seen anything so far that made her scum.She seems to be really trying to be scum hunting just maybe not very good at it yet,,,,,,

Chick how is Gamma scum if he was JK..... do you think he is a strong man or acetic?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Did I miss something? RC calling Mom new and Hopkirk going "but she has 7k posts on her main" seems like a fair rebuttal to me.
In post 1125, Momrangal wrote:I think I wanna add the prepubescent hero's to my leantown list
Translation: let me buddy town that's not scum reading me or my team.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1129, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:I think TPG is right here and Mom is town here. I feel like I did yesterday , she been awkward and hot and cold but I have not seen anything so far that made her scum.She seems to be really trying to be scum hunting just maybe not very good at it yet,,,,,,

Chick how is Gamma scum if he was JK..... do you think he is a strong man or acetic?
Or he just didn't make the kill?????!?!??!!!?!!!???!?!111?!?1!!1!1!!?!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Can we ban RC from hydra's?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by The Powerpuff Girls »

In post 1131, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1129, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:I think TPG is right here and Mom is town here. I feel like I did yesterday , she been awkward and hot and cold but I have not seen anything so far that made her scum.She seems to be really trying to be scum hunting just maybe not very good at it yet,,,,,,

Can we ban Nero Cain from hard feeding
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I love to feed!

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1133, The Powerpuff Girls wrote:
In post 1131, RadiantCowbells wrote:

Can we ban Nero Cain from hard feeding
That....sound lewd...but I'm not sure how.....

It makes me uncomfortable :lol:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

get back to making spaghetti.

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1136, Nero Cain wrote:get back to making spaghetti.
It's coming along. The burner I turned on wasn't getting hot :(

So the water is not boiling.

Leave me alone D:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1051, Almost50 wrote:
I dunno about Dunn,
but mom is 100% Town.

In post 1056, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1043, Nero Cain wrote:Kop, Mom and a50
Kop: You're probably wrong
mom: You're very likely wrong

A50: You're definitely wrong

Best of luck, my friend.
yes, it's a little nitpicky but I'm not understanding the difference in wording here.
In post 1066, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1038, The Powerpuff Girls wrote:Who's down for a Dunn wagon? Dude rode the assemble wagon before town got desperate EOD. He's also voting us today which is beyond lol, also he makes sense as a kokichi killer.

On another scummy note I really didn't like mom jumping off assemble wagon before it went through, looked like scum jumping off known town. Mom's read progressions make little sense.

I believe there is at least 1 scum in these two. I have a third suspect but I'm hanging back to watch.

~ Buttercup
Idk I don't really trust you cos you've made no effort to de-obfuscate your hydra's postings as I see it and I'm not a fan of your pushing rn, it kinda feels like you're going after easy targets
@Nero in the post below this one: that makes sense about why you think mafia is pushing me, but you say I'm not my "OMGUSy self", what informs that view of me? Because I don't view myself as OMGUSy as much as
willing to read into people's reads on me
more than I think most would.
I mean, scum voting town and then town calling bullshit is a thing. Doing that is going to be considered OMGUSy behavior and you seem to do it in every game but you haven't really done it here.
In post 1072, Momrangal wrote:I think I can get behind hopkirk
I have a feeling that you'd get behind anything that's not a Kop/A50 wagon :igmeou:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Let me restate the obvious:

- Kop claims to have jailed Gamma.

- We had one NK that has a different flavour than the "standard" Mafia NK, this hinting (with no certainty) that it might have been a SJ kill.

- If we lynch Gamma and he flips Mafia it confirms Kop as the JK, and confirms we have 2 different killers (actually, it doesn't theoretically confirm the latter, because it could be that Gamma is a Mafioso who didn't perform the kill and another member did, but..)

- If Gamma flips Town Kop isn't really caught scum, as he could also have been telling the truth and (a) We only have a Mafia that jills with knives, or (b) the Mafia kill actually was on Gamma (very unlikely, but still...)

- The other alternative is Gamma flips Town because Kop is actually scum and is setting Gamma up, This one is astronomically unlikely because Kop would be setting himself for a lynch next, but let's say he's counting on getting a mislynch today and is alright with being lynched tomorrow after Mafia does kill again taking us down to 6 vs 2 going into N3, or 5 vs 2 at the start of D4.

- We have to note Kop is unCC'd. There's apparently no other protective in the game which give his claim a higher chance of being legit.

- We have an alternative in No Lynching and waiting for the night to reveal if we do have 2 kills. The problem is if we do then we are doomed because we likely start D3 as 5 vs 3 vs 1 and we need to rely on cross killing AND we have no room for any additional mislynches.

So, LYNCHING GAMMA IS THE BEST OPTION.

If we have 2 killers we must have at least 1 more PR in the game and they will not have to check Gamma (dead) or Kop (will be sorted automatically) so it gives them a better chance to actually catch scum.

If we have only Mafia then we either have a confirmed Townie or a confirmed Mafioso in Kop (and if the latter then we still do have at least one PR bc we can't be all VTs in a Coney Island game).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1127, Momrangal wrote:I dislike Fitz
and Chicks
reasons for my lynch.
What are you talking about?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:11 pm

In post 1139, Almost50 wrote:So, LYNCHING GAMMA IS THE BEST OPTION.

If we have 2 killers we must have at least 1 more PR in the game and they will not have to check Gamma (dead) or Kop (will be sorted automatically) so it gives them a better chance to actually catch scum.

If we have only Mafia then we either have a confirmed Townie or a confirmed Mafioso in Kop (and if the latter then we still do have at least one PR bc we can't be all VTs in a Coney Island game).
I think you're making a lot of assumptions that don't really negate the negative value of a mislynch for town at this point.

You imply that the sole alternative to lynching gamma is a no-lynch, which is frustratingly not true. Town are making a bunch of reads that don't rely on mechanical voodoo, which you're ignoring. If we could lynch someone, on whom consesus agrees is very likely scum, then it would allow us to get a positive result on the number of roles with an NK ability, before falling into the gamma/kop gladiate you're proposing without due course.

I also completely disagree with any of the NK shenanigans being attributable to Kop's alignment. Anyone pushing a un-cc'd PR at this point is on a suicide mission.

Funny thing is, it looks like Gamma is the strong scum read currently so I digress.

~ BC
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Still think Mom is scum, still think its possible that a guilty is called on Gamma to stop a mom lynch. If all Mom's role does is skip a night then whats the point in not voting her as we can just vote Gamma the next day if she was town.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like I'd be down with mom lynch today, if she flips town we can do Gamma, she flips scum you guys sheep me until a50 and Kop are dead.

The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:25 pm

In post 1142, Nero Cain wrote:still think its possible that a guilty is called on Gamma to stop a mom lynch.
I still think it's possible that you're stretching for justification of a mom=scum scenario. I'm open to a case on mom that doesn't include Kop claiming a pseudo-guilty on Gamma.

Where do you rank Hopkirk in regards to his interactions with the Mom wagon?

~ BC
The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
The Powerpuff Girls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Given what happened the last time you tried to bypass my reads organizing shit lynches on people I didn't think were scum, I would expect you to not be doing that this game NC.

-Professor
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1109, The Powerpuff Girls wrote:Tfw gamma is obvscum but town can't be fucked to actually play the game instead of sheeping scum hopkirk on a wagon on a player who hadn't played in 3 years and claimed a role that conditionally guarantees their lynch
You're voting me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1139, Almost50 wrote:- If Gamma flips Town Kop isn't really caught scum, as he could also have been telling the truth and (a) We only have a Mafia that jills with knives, or (b) the Mafia kill actually was on Gamma (very unlikely, but still...)
Isn't this in opposition to something you said earlier?

You said that gamma was the best lynch because we would also catch out Kop if they were town, right? Or was that someone else?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:56 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1102, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1085, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1077, Hopkirk wrote:Mod meta suggests no third parties. No SKs I saw in his previously run games
Did his previously run games have stabbings as a mafia nk flavor?
Wasn't his only games both normal-oriented (a mini normal and the Normal Idea mafia game in the micros)?
I have no idea. Not inclined to look.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

RC, I will sheep you if you've never lynched town before.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”