Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I still feel more confident on Aneni but I guess I can understand this
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 499, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
@mod; request prod on NSG
It's not been 48 hours for her yet.

She's currently at 4 votes and I think at least 2 of us have expressed interest in joining the wagon. So we have a potential L-1 here. I'm not entirely sure I'm too comfortable with that this early in day 1 but it's not going to stop me placing my vote if I don't like NSG's response.
I mostly just lurk now.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

In post 487, Creature wrote:I am basically left with Almost50, Jaydragon, Luca Blight and Mathdino. These are the four hardest reads.

Though, out of these, I'm more fine townreading Almost50.
In post 496, Creature wrote:Still you're gonna have to help me find scum between Jay and Luca.
In post 497, Mathdino wrote:i guess it's luca
jay should just be vigged, we're never getting a wagon on him unless it's policy
and doing that will just fuck up the VCA

tbh i dropped luca into town to try to distance my brain from the "SCREW YOU FOR 1V1ING ME" mindset
and because PoE created a scumpool of {NSG, Creature, Anen, mutant}
but yeah that no longer works
That feeling when your asked to be vigged over the scum because Dino REALLY wants me not to be in the equation for later.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Beginning my catch-up (I'm looking after my son all day so this will take a while until I'm back to the present chat)

In post 257, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Aneni (I can still call you this right) I answered 77 cos I didn't realize it was meant for one person
Also why is my suspicion of LB poop? I'm suspecting them (Luca what's your pronoun?) because I don't like how they're treating jmo's attempts to advance the gamestate
What's to say my push on jmo wasn't similarly intended to advance the gamestate?
In post 259, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 252, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 242, Gamma Emerald wrote:It's actually not that uncommon for scum to challenge townreads on themselves. I will accept this if you can make a specific explanation for this case otherwise you should drop the read.
Thinking you're town tho
If he doesn't have a good explanation, will you be thinking he is likely scum then?
No
I think he's town either way cos he's townhunting
Just one of Gamma's many lazy reads.

In case it wasn't clear, I'm scumreading Gamma at this point.
In post 260, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 253, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 245, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't like this, feels deliberately obtuse
FOS: Luca Blight
Would vote but not sure of wagon status
What's the wagon status have to do with him being scum or not?

Are you scared to jump on a fresh wagon?
I'm concerned about accidentally hammering
but since you say it's fresh
VOTE: Luca Blight
Is he that out of touch with the game to think he would even be close to hammering me at this point?

I want to note I'm a bit skeptical of Anen's townread of me that seems to be based on meta, when not only I've said meta is not reliable in reading me but the meta in question is from years ago. Despite seemingly coming across as defensive thus far, I'm only challenging the completely nonsensical points against me; I would expect some suspicion on me based on how I've played so far.

Similarly I think Gamma's trying to pocket jmo.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

Also, addressing the idea that I'm never getting lynched unless it's policy- Dino, I'm charismatic but I'm not sure my scum game is so good yet that I can convince an entire town I'm actually good without more then half the people still suspecting me.

How hard is it to admit I'm actually town this game? Too the point where you asked like three times for me to be the Vig target? Elsa Jay isn't going anywhere unless the Mafia decides to kill me, and even then, they still gotta deal with the enevitible Jailkeeper or Vigilante on me. I can really see either going for me, but not both at once. Heck, they may even be checking either my role or Dino's role, I'm 95% sure of that.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 272, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 155, Luca Blight wrote:Interesting how you choose to interpret it as
predatory
instead of genuinely trying to create information and attain a read on someone.

Perhaps you can detail why it's the former instead of the latter?
Because you're not trying to obtain a fair read?
You're quite clearly biased here as you're not even trying to consider my point of view. This comment is basically just echoing what Math has already said without adding anything new.

Btw, this is the sort of '
predatory'
question Math scumread me for - there is no good way to answer it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 286, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh, wrong topic
For that one it should have been clear he was glad RVS was over
This is such bollocks that it seems like you're deliberately missing the point.

jmo's reaction of feeling alternately happy and sad at being voted seemed fake.
In post 288, Mathdino wrote:Gamma and luca please don't blow up the thread thanks

Luca, people can push Gamma without you

Gamma, the luca case has already been made

There is a specific reason I need the thread to not blow up thanks
I really fucking hate this domineering playstyle btw. You accuse me of not being a team player, but you are actively telling others not to contribute so you can have your own way with how discussion goes. Fuck off.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@1. Mathdino: Can you find it in your heart to have some faith in the PRs doing the right thing w/o you directing them?

@2. JaydragonKing: No worries, kid. You're not being shot over a few other slots.

@3. Almost50: You're being totally useless. :(

@4. Luca Blight: You're the 3rd highest poster, yet I don't seem to remember anything you said. Probably my bad though.

@5. northsidegal: I've recently checked a scum game of yours (Pick Your Power, was it?) and you seemed active enough.

@6. Creature: FINALLY you said something to convince me you're town. The problem with you is ... you know what it is.

@7. Pinturicchio: Literally, WHO?

@8. Aneninen: Your poop is all over the place. Clean it up!

@9. Gamma Emerald: I'm leaning Town on you, but don't count on "that thing" to get you TR'd whenever we meet again.

@10. TheGoldenParadox: I'd probably shoot you, if I were the Vig.

@11. jmo16mla: You need to make a stance on NSG, my friend. The sooner the better.

@12. mutantdevle: Stick around and you might find me even more amusing than you ever thought. :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Wow, like 10 pages behind. Noticed someone mention a wagon on me?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 304, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 222, Luca Blight wrote:Like, the reason it pinged me is because he didn't take any meaningful stand - it was worthless appeasement to both parties, and awkwardly worded to boot.
Let's note, pin's new
New players can be scum as well.

You're not even considering the fact he could be scum, which in turn increases my suspicion of you.

I like Pin's suspicion of Gamma - light townread for that.

Paradox seems Townie based on tone.

Maths' - Has NSG as scum when he previously had her as locktown. This can't really be passed off as a valid gambit because she has barely posted in between these changes. The fact he then discloses at the end that it's a reaction test not only defeats the point of said reaction test, it also seems like a cowardly cop-out - as though he can't be held accountable for that view because it was for reasons other than the ones given. Math is hiding this whole game behind these so-called gambits. Scumread re-affirmed.

He also mentions I have enough good town points, but never mentions what they were - this is significant because he later returns to his scumread on me without any specific reason for doing so.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

- NSG's vote on jmo was
'awful
', so Math's vote on jmo must have been even worse given it was itself based on NSG's vote? Or is Math immune from such inconsistencies? This entire post is actually completely useless.

Light scumread on Mutant just because he seems to be blending in without being particularly proactive. I remember easily townreading him in the other game we played, but it hasn't been the case here.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 507, Almost50 wrote:@5. northsidegal: I've recently checked a scum game of yours (Pick Your Power, was it?) and you seemed active enough.
not sure what you're trying to say here?

@math – from what i've gleamed from what luca's saying on this page you're scumreading me. explain that? (still haven't started catching up)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

wow i hate people scumreading me when i get busy. check my activity across site, people.

things fall apart
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 503, Luca Blight wrote:Beginning my catch-up (I'm looking after my son all day so this will take a while until I'm back to the present chat)

In post 257, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Aneni (I can still call you this right) I answered 77 cos I didn't realize it was meant for one person
Also why is my suspicion of LB poop? I'm suspecting them (Luca what's your pronoun?) because I don't like how they're treating jmo's attempts to advance the gamestate
What's to say my push on jmo wasn't similarly intended to advance the gamestate?
Why wouldn't you say that at all before being pressed on it?
In post 259, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 252, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 242, Gamma Emerald wrote:It's actually not that uncommon for scum to challenge townreads on themselves. I will accept this if you can make a specific explanation for this case otherwise you should drop the read.
Thinking you're town tho
If he doesn't have a good explanation, will you be thinking he is likely scum then?
No
I think he's town either way cos he's townhunting
Just one of Gamma's many lazy reads.

In case it wasn't clear, I'm scumreading Gamma at this point.
And what exactly is triggering that read? As for the read, how is it lazy? He's new and I think it's a fair read for a newbie.
In post 260, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 253, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 245, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't like this, feels deliberately obtuse
FOS: Luca Blight
Would vote but not sure of wagon status
What's the wagon status have to do with him being scum or not?

Are you scared to jump on a fresh wagon?
I'm concerned about accidentally hammering
but since you say it's fresh
VOTE: Luca Blight
Is he that out of touch with the game to think he would even be close to hammering me at this point?

I want to note I'm a bit skeptical of Anen's townread of me that seems to be based on meta, when not only I've said meta is not reliable in reading me but the meta in question is from years ago. Despite seemingly coming across as defensive thus far, I'm only challenging the completely nonsensical points against me; I would expect some suspicion on me based on how I've played so far.

Similarly I think Gamma's trying to pocket jmo.
Not out of touch, just a bit wary.
Also why did you bring up being defensive?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

is good - solid townread on Paradox.

Math's
'I can't remember my role pm'
line is just another tedious facet of his play.

- Did Paradox ever answer my question regarding his scumread of me? If he did, ignore this as I'll probably find it later.

- Terrible.

is bad from Mutant.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 504, JaydragonKing wrote:Also, addressing the idea that I'm never getting lynched unless it's policy- Dino, I'm charismatic but I'm not sure my scum game is so good yet that I can convince an entire town I'm actually good without more then half the people still suspecting me.

How hard is it to admit I'm actually town this game? Too the point where you asked like three times for me to be the Vig target?
Elsa Jay isn't going anywhere unless the Mafia decides to kill me, and even then, they still gotta deal with the enevitible Jailkeeper or Vigilante on me.
I can really see either going for me, but not both at once. Heck, they may even be checking either my role or Dino's role, I'm 95% sure of that.
wtf does this mean?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 505, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 272, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 155, Luca Blight wrote:Interesting how you choose to interpret it as
predatory
instead of genuinely trying to create information and attain a read on someone.

Perhaps you can detail why it's the former instead of the latter?
Because you're not trying to obtain a fair read?
You're quite clearly biased here as you're not even trying to consider my point of view. This comment is basically just echoing what Math has already said without adding anything new.

Btw, this is the sort of '
predatory'
question Math scumread me for - there is no good way to answer it.
No? You can describe how what you're doing is fair. And I tried to rephrase because predatory was a pretty charged word and I felt it was clouding your opinion.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 506, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 286, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh, wrong topic
For that one it should have been clear he was glad RVS was over
This is such bollocks that it seems like you're deliberately missing the point.

jmo's reaction of feeling alternately happy and sad at being voted seemed fake.
Alright that seems sensible, but I can see the reasoning and I think it was genuine.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 509, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 304, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 222, Luca Blight wrote:Like, the reason it pinged me is because he didn't take any meaningful stand - it was worthless appeasement to both parties, and awkwardly worded to boot.
Let's note, pin's new
New players can be scum as well.

You're not even considering the fact he could be scum, which in turn increases my suspicion of you.

I like Pin's suspicion of Gamma - light townread for that.

Paradox seems Townie based on tone.

Maths' - Has NSG as scum when he previously had her as locktown. This can't really be passed off as a valid gambit because she has barely posted in between these changes. The fact he then discloses at the end that it's a reaction test not only defeats the point of said reaction test, it also seems like a cowardly cop-out - as though he can't be held accountable for that view because it was for reasons other than the ones given. Math is hiding this whole game behind these so-called gambits. Scumread re-affirmed.

He also mentions I have enough good town points, but never mentions what they were - this is significant because he later returns to his scumread on me without any specific reason for doing so.
Well I don't see reason to scumread him. I townread that early post and 172 I felt was actually quite fair.
<Embrace The Void>

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 437, Mathdino wrote:paradox is locktown
no scum thinks they could ever get a mislynch on me in this situation, knowing me, lol

you're falling for the "the last time i played with you, you were scum" trap
no harm done

i still haven't answered your inconsistency questions because this entire day has been one long-ass gambit

hype hype for the reveal
This is awful.

1) You already used the arrogant
'scum wouldn't try to mislynch me'
line to me earlier in the game, which means even if that were true then it opens itself to heavy wifom - scum know they can get towncred by voting you.

2)
'Don't mind my inconsistency - it's just me gambitting'.
Like I said, he's hiding behind this shit the entire day so far.

3)
'Pardox is locktown'. 'No harm done'.
Pocketing to a cringeworthy degree.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 514, Luca Blight wrote:
- Did Paradox ever answer my question regarding his scumread of me? If he did, ignore this as I'll probably find it later.
I'm sorry, I must have missed that. Can you reference me to that post?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

HOT TAKE: I'm 99% dying tonight.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 520, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 514, Luca Blight wrote:
I'm sorry, I must have missed that. Can you reference me to that post?
Yep -
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 177, Aneninen wrote: Northsidegal's is too nervous. What wagon? On Page2?
how is it "nervous"? also, what wagon? how about the one mathdino explicitly mentioned a few posts before that:
In post 26, Mathdino wrote:Caaaan I interest you in a NSG or Aneninen mini-wagon so your vote isn't doing nothing?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 179, Aneninen wrote:Going on.

The Mathdino-Northsidegal was weird. Why those names? And what sort of answer was that?
"everyone there is null right now with the caveat that i'm pretty confident that the bottom two will be easy to sort as this day progresses."
what's your problem with that response?
Jmo16mla's
"Hey, at least we are getting someone to L-1 and we aren't stagnant anymore!"
– that's a terrible idea. Oh wait, it is a good idea for scum who want to rolefish.
it would only truly be rolefishing if someone declared intent to hammer, which i don't often see happen with early game wagons and anyone declaring intent on one would most likely be met with pretty quick unvotes / votes on them. with that in mind i think this accusation rings hollow.
Mutantdevle's :
"Btw, does anyone know if it's Anen's meta to lurk?"
Oh My Gods. A whole day or something like that without my posts. Terrible!
yeah, i know how that feels. seriously, is it so impossible to believe that i'd have reasons for not posting other than just "lol she's scum"?

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Open Games”