Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay, I've been scanning the map. Can I confirm that these are the places where the bomb can be hidden, or did I miss someplace? And we auto-win if we get Bauer to defuse the bomb? Do we know if the bomb will remain in one static area, or if it can be moved?

1.) Washington Convention Center (which my role as cleared)
2.) Union Station
3.) Library of Congress
4.) U.S. Supreme Court
5.) Verizon Center
6.) National Building Museum
7.) U.S. Capitol
8.) U.S. Botanic Garden
9.) National Museum of the American Indian
10.) National Air & Science Museum
11.) National Gallery of Art [East Building]
12.) National Gallery of Art [West Building]
13.) White House
14.) Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
15.) National Museum of National History
16.) National Museum of American History
17.) National Museum of African Art
18.) United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
19.) Washington Monument
20.) Jefferson Memorial
21.) World War II Memorial
22.) Lincoln Memorial
23.) Historical Society of Washington D.C. [hidden in front of Convention Center]
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

20.) Jefferson Memorial

3.) Library of Congress

2.) Union Station

are also cleared
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:26 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Yos2 wrote:The relevent events happened on hours 3 and 4; the first attempt by the scum to hack into my account failed, the second one, on day 4, suceeded, followed by the 3 orders hitting at the end of hour 4.
Questions.

1.) How do you know the first attempt failed? Link the post, please.
2.) How could scum try twice in a row so soon? If they tried Hour 3 and failed (which indicates me it took 3 hours of waiting time), how come they got another full shot in 1 hour?
3.) How much, if any, information did the scum get through this 'hacking'?
4.) Does it matter that the orders were sent out "in your name"? Is there a way to trace this? [Note: I have not fully absorbed all the roles yet, I should get to that].
Ok. This was in hour 3, post 694:
Yosarian2 wrote:Well, that's worrying...

I was just told by the mod that someone here at CTU just tried to hack into the director's personal computer, and specifically into the director's e-mail and personell file. I'm not sure what that means; whatever they were trying to do, it apparenlty wasn't sucessfull this time.
Basically, I was told my the mod that there had been several attempts to access the director's personal e-mail and personell file on my computer, using bad passwords, but that they had apparently not managed to actually access my account. I was also told that it must have been someone inside CTU trying to hack me.

At the time, I posted the thread above attempt that had failed; re-reading Pooky's PM now, I'm now thinking it's possible that the scum hacking may have just taken two hours to crack my passwords.

When the scum hacked me in hour 4, I was told that I had been hacked, that they had gotten into my e-mail account and that they had sent out 3 e-mailed orders in my name from the director's e-mail account. We didn't actually find out what they were doing until the end of the hour, when the told us that:
Pooky wrote: FBI Special Report

At approximately 4 AM, Jack Bauer was ambushed in FDR Park, we have not IDed or located the shooters. Mr. Bauer amazingly escaped with just a flesh wound, we have no idea where the shooters fired from but we are currently sweeping the premises.

We believe Mr. Bauer was acting on faulty intel provided by CTU and have reason to suspect that extensive housecleaning is in order on your end.

CrashTextDummy has switched Jobs with Guardian Effective End of Hour 4

EyceKing has switched Jobs with Xdamno Effective End of Hour 4
So, apparently, with their 3 orders, they sent Jack Bauer into a trap, they switched CTD's job with Guardian's job, and they switched Eyeking's job with Xdamno's job, disrupting all 3 of the pro-town actions that take 4 hours to complete.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:20.) Jefferson Memorial

3.) Library of Congress

2.) Union Station

are also cleared
Did Yogurt finish his investigation of Union Station?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

The Union Station is indeed not cleared yet.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:33 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay, trying to read the game in-depth. I'll pause every 5 pages or so with a post.

Pages 1-5

Guardian, 50 wrote:I don't think newer players are more likely to work with town, just easier to read if they slip up as scum. My sentence was confusing.
Would you be able to tell the difference between a "slip" by scum from a "mistake" by a newbie? I can understand the basic reason for wanting to fill important positions with new players, but in doing so you are also giving them the perfect excuse of "being new and making a mistake" if they actually sabotage something. Also – and I don't know if this is possible – even if there had been newbie players in important positions, couldn't an experienced scum-buddy tell them how to sabotage and lie anyways? I don't know if there is night-talking in this game since it doesn't have night. At the very least, I understand that if the Director is scum, they would have the ability to relay information with their buddies all game long, such that they could direct newbie-scum on how to act.

Furthermore, Xdaamno claims that the Counter-Intelligence Agent is the most powerful role and as such it should go to a Newbie, but the role is useless if the information is sent to a scum-Crypto. This is a role which essentially requires 2 pro-town people in order to make it work, as opposed to other roles [such as Field Agent] which only require 1 pro-town person in order to make it work (note that Post 26 makes it questionable as to whether there are any 'safe' roles). Since there are a number of roles which require the Cryptologist being pro-town in order for them to be effective, I would say – at first glance – that the Cryptologist is by far and away the most important role to assure is pro-town, possibly other than the Director.

Xdaamno and Yos hit the nails on the head for exactly what I was thinking at this junction. YB focused only on Yos speculating on nightkill targets even though Guardian had just done that, and as Xdaamno points out that the expendability of bodyguards has no bearing on how many people are killed. Course this is rather moot since YB has been lynched as town, but nice to see people catching this.
Yos2, 63 wrote:I was thinking, in fact, that that's something the director's ability to talk in private could be useful for; if a crypto gets a confirmed innocent, he tells the director rather then telling the whole town, that way the information isn't lost unless both the crypto and the director get killed, and it'd make it harder for a scum crypto to hold back information then him just not telling anyone at all.
I don't like this idea, actually.
FoS: Yos2
. This is putting too many of the eggs in one basket – if that cryptologist then dies, the result is completely at the director's word, who already has a good deal of power.
Guardian, 66 wrote:Yos, you seem scummy, trying to post a lot and throw around a lot of good ideas to get the nomination. If you are town, though I would like to be director myself, I would be happy with you being director.
This seems oxymoronic. How can somebody be scummy for throwing out good ideas? [Never mind; should have read post 67 first, which then makes me wonder how Guardian can call people campaigning for Director scummy while
he
is campaigning for Director. x_x]

Korran's behavior/entrance is strange. He doesn't appear to have read the game, and yet is willing to say Guardian 'looks like a great leader'. Can I get a confirmation that Korran/Guardian were in another game together at the time? I've seen a few quick newbie-town meltdowns, but this one looks a bit forced to the point where I'll just keep it as neutral.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

petroleumjelly wrote: I don't like this idea, actually.
FoS: Yos2
. This is putting too many of the eggs in one basket – if that cryptologist then dies, the result is completely at the director's word, who already has a good deal of power.
Meh. Is that worse then losing the information completly?

For the most part, it's probably best if most information just be revealed publicly, but eh, if there's information that a crypto dosn't think should be revealed publicly but that he dosn't want to risk it getting lost completly, telling the director's a reasonable option.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:02 pm

Post by Guardian »

yos, office for one half second?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sure.
Guardian, I'd like to see you in my office.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:54 pm

Post by Guardian »

*walks out of the office with a sad face*.

Eh, I feel like I might get lynched today, just because I don't have the effort for this game. Sorry for all the other pro-town players. I am vanilla, like I said post one :(. If you lynch me, it is both our faults ;P.

I think FA is scum for his non helpfulness, and similar can be said of Spambot.

CDB's getting angry at me for not reading the opening post is characteristaclly scum -- only scum don't want confirmed townies. FA has not really helped out this game at all, and continues to not do much.

PJ I am finding suspicious because of how damn hard he is trying to look like he has no additonal info. Should my role be doing something? Oh My God -- Yos was hacked? Can the bomb move? Are there aliens?

Seriously, it looks like he is trying to make sure he doesn't reveal having additional info.

Yos, the hacking thing still bugs me. No way at all to know if it is true. Other than that I think Yos is town. Yos finds me less scummy from our chats but doesnt want to defend me in case I turn up scum, which is reasonable... if he is town. Yos's alignment annoys me to no end, I have no freakin idea I am so conflicted about it.

I think it is about 90% likely that 0/4 of those who claimed vanilla are vanilla. It happened to me, and I can definitely see it happening to the three latecomers. It just makes sense. Especially OTM and UA, OTM came first iirc, and UA just seemed SO sincere. IF any of us is scum it is Albert, but I doubt even that.

I feel Korran was just hella frustrated townie, Kinetic is being dumb though :).

If I had to pick 3 scum, i would be FA, spambot, and... eh Yos. to be lynched in that order.

look at how weak a case spambot is jumping on me for. FA has done nothing to help a nd CDB's anger was scummy. Yos, the hacking just doesnt sit well with me. especially the 2 consecutive hour thing. damn you yos D:.

I am town. try not to lynch me. But definitely lynch someone :P. If I survive today, I will do *another* re-read (makes 3) and try and find scum. I am not re-reading before potentially getting lynched today because I've just done like 3 re-reads and re-reading here just before getting lynched is just not worth it to me.

I don't really care if you don't like me saying that I am town. I am. Deal with it. Find scum.

Later.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Pages 6-10

Guardian is really pushing the "I'm pro-town, I want to be the director -- anybody else going for director is scummy, anybody who says they don't want me to be director is scummy, and anybody who wants me to be director is town"-line a bit much. This is probably over-simplified, but this is terribly simple behavior to begin with, and is indicating to me that Guardian was acting more like an amoeba reacting to stimuli than a player reacting to information. I'm not sure if this makes him more likely to be scum, but at the very least, it is telling me that he is too quick to trust those who trust him and too quick to call those who distrust him scummy. For
these
reasons, I would not have wanted him to be Director – his positions towards other players seem way too predictable to the point where his trusts could ruin the game for the town.
Albert B. Rampage, 178 wrote: Dude just vote Guardian, its obvious he's town
unless he lied about not receiving a role pm.
Um.
Anybody
could lie about not receiving a role pm. In fact, that's probably one of the first things scum would consider doing. That's not a very inspired reason for choosing somebody as director – seeing as the townie PM explicitly says that Pooky was "too lazy" to send them out, scum could easily slip "I didn't get a role" into their post, or conversely, use it as an excuse to lurk until they are prodded claiming to not have gotten a PM. I won't be using this type of information to determine townieness/scumminess, personally.

Post 223 by Guardian might set a record for how many times he throws in "I am town". It isn't going to convince anybody, so it's just getting annoying at this point. PPE: More of the same in Post 241. Argh. Talk about broken records.

Post 229 by Off the Mark is (to make a pun) off the mark. Yos2 hit it exactly – your early posts seem more concerned with "Look at me, I must be confirmed innocent because I obviously didn't get a role PM!" than anything else. I was okay with Albert's entrance, and I liked UA's entrance, by the by.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

All information in the following cut scene is for entertainment purposes only and should only be read as flavor(except for that briefing about the terrorist attacks, those actually happened)

Xdaamno drank the entire mug of scalding hot black coffee in one swig; the burning sensation in his throat jolted him to full awareness. Shaking off the weariness he felt 40 hours into his shift, he began to scroll through the list of suspected terrorists that Interpol had forwarded through earlier. Quickly pausing to scrawl down a note to himself on a post it, his train of thought was interrupted by a voice on the intercom.

This is Director Yosarian, I’d like to see everyone in the conference room asap

Grabbing his coffee mug, he quickly made a beeline for the machine for a refill on his way to the conference room. As he refilled his mug a firm hand clapped onto his shoulder and he nearly dropped his mug, in the process splashing hot coffee all over his hand and cursing reflexively.

“Relax it’s just me”
Ibaesha said, quickly pulling out her handkerchief to wipe off the spilled coffee from his hand.
“Oh hey Ibs, you startled me, caffeine high and all that”
He laughed nervously as he peered at the beautiful counterintelligence agent before him, he had always meant to ask her out sometime but had never gotten around to it, maybe if they survived this whole mess he could ask her out to dinner….
“I put the latest requests from Counter-Intel on your desk, it’d be great if you could forward them to the FBI, my people haven’t found a match off those photos from that camera in the park yet”
“Right, I’ll get on it right after the meeting”
When they got to the conference room it was already packed, squeezing past a couple of aides they managed to snag some seats in the back of the room before the briefing began.

The room went black before the projector flickered on and Yosarian’s booming voice dominated the room,

“This is the oil field at Ghawar at 0730, the same can be seen at fields in Abu-Sa’fah, Abqaiq, Berri, Khursaniyah, the list goes on and on. Some of the fields were destroyed by sabotage, others by terrorists, as many as 300 extremists attacked the field at Qatif, Saudi security forces are still fighting to retake the field but we believe it will take a minimum of 4 months to salvage it.”

Click.

“This is the oil field at Amethyst in the North Sea, we have similar circumstances at several other major North Sea oil fields, we believe these were mostly sabotage operations. We’ve currently mobilized national guard units to reinforce all domestic refineries and fields as well as major distribution centers and supply depots. Naval units have been deployed to all incoming tanker traffic and we now have scrambled fighters to cover the rest of the oil tankers arriving from offshore. OPEC has been in their annual meeting to determine quotas in Vienna but with this new development they’ve called an emergency meeting to determine what happens from there. It looks like the conspiracy is a lot larger than we expected, the planned nuclear detonation appears to be nothing but icing on the cake for our enemy but we certainly won’t let him have everything. The Saudis should have intel for us within the hour after they ID the attackers at Qatif but we need to move quickly now people, time is running out.”

Xdaamno walked out of the meeting room with a new sense of urgency, his mind still spinning over the terrorist attacks in the North Sea and the Middle East, as he sat down at his desk his fingers began to fly over the keyboard. Ten minutes later as he reached for his mug of coffee and found it missing, he realized he must’ve left it in the conference room. Cursing his own forgetfulness he walked back into the deserted room never noticing the person who so quietly tailed him. The bullet entered the back of his head just as he was about to reach for his coffee mug.

Xdaamno FBI Liason(Townie) Murdered Hour 8

VoteCount

4 Guardian (Frozen Atlantic, Kinetic, Spambot, Yosarian)
3 FrozenAtlantic (Albert B. Rampage, Guardian, OffTheMark)
1 Spambot (Ibaesha)
1 Albert B. Rampage(UltimaAvalon)

With 10 alive, it requires 6 votes to lynch.
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

bah, not this argument again.

The White House is "mostly cleared". It was my first investigation site.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

whoah, didn't see Pooky's post when I posted mine. Dang, our first murder. RIP Xdaamno.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:39 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Happens when yall post at exactly the same time.

I really see a strong connection between Albert and Guardian. I'm only speculating, but I believe Guardian claiming he never got a role PM, and Albert's lateness could've been planned from the beginning, while unbeknownst to them, there were one or two others who truely did not know the game existed, thus making theirs all the more believable. This is why Albert continually used his lateness as a crutch in the beginning, and why Guardian has unwavering faith in the latecomers.
Albert wrote:only scum don't want confirmed townies.
Right, because scum are bound by honor to not lie about whether or not they got a role pm. Also, Scum do want confirmed townies, because confirmed townies can be buddied up to by absolutly everybody before and after they die.

Also, how many times are we going to see Guardian say "Oh gee, I guess I should re-read"
"Gah, I need to re-read"
"Perhaps scum will jump out at him if I do a re-read"

Seriously

Hey Mod. !VC plzkthx
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:39 pm

Post by Kinetic »

17.) National Museum of African Art

I just clear this area as Field Agent before I was transferred.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Pages 11-15

Against my better judgment, I'm still giggling over this post. I probably wouldn't have bothered noting this if I had found something else to point up until now, but all these lists of who-would-be-what-roles aren't interesting me very much at the present.

ABR has just said the thing I was wondering about. Interested in why Yos seemed leery to even bother with the White House Liaison.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:37 pm

Post by Kinetic »

White house liaison, imho, is useless or at very least not especially important. Seriously, we should have used State Department in the beginning because it had an investigation type ability similar to the FBIs. I think some people read the White House thing and pigeon holed it before even reading everything.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Pages 16-20

Guardian piques my curiosity in this post. Why is OTM in the "don't trust" section? How did CTD suddenly get to the "knows what he is doing and is probably town section"? I was under the impression that he thought everybody who acted as if they didn't get role PMs were town, which would include OTM, and that his two biggest suspects were Yos2 and CTD. I might have to reread the posts surrounding this, because I can't offhand remember him expressing direct suspicion of OTM until this post (since his last list before this had OTM as a Cryptologist), but both of these placements look very off in accordance to his words throughout the game.

I take it this is the positions Yos2 assigned at the beginning of the game? I'll assume as much, though I wish Pooks had just posted it in-thread so anybody reading the game could know where things stand.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Pages 21-25

Important question. OTM, have you changed your protection away from Xdaamno since 586/588 post (I have noticed Xdaamno has died as protown during my reading)? Also, would you mind extrapolating on this post? Early game, you called ABR your effective 'mason buddy', and now you are telling Xdaamno not to "have his mind made up already". Could you explain why you feel these situations are different?
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:26 pm

Post by ibaesha »

^^ PJ makes Ibby look lazy.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:48 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Pages 26-30

ABR, 636 wrote:Your still there, protecting either me or SpamBot. You should switch targets every hour. What do you think ?
Bad
bad
bad
. I don't know if ABR knew this, but I have talked with Pooky and this is the absolute
worst
thing a bodyguard can do in this game. From my understanding, if the scum and a bodyguard target the same person in the same hour, whoever sent in the action first takes precedence. That might be somewhat incorrect, but at the very least, if somebody sent in the action on an
hour
before the other, they take precedence. Hard to explain in words, so here's what would happen in this strategy:

Hour One

Bodyguard: Protect X
Mafia: Target X

Hour Two

Bodyguard: Protect Y
Mafia: [Processing Kill]

Hour Three

Bodyguard: Protect X
Mafia: [Processing Kill]

Hour Four

Bodyguard: Protect Y
Mafia: Kill goes through on X

Now, the problem is – even if the Bodyguard decided to continue protecting X during Hour 4, the Mafia kill would
still
go through on X – because their kill was sent on X before the bodyguard last protected X. In other words, switching who the bodyguard protects just means they cannot protect
anybody
, since it takes multiple turns to kill In order for a bodyguard protection to work, they have to be in that position and protect that person before and up until the point of the mafia kill.

We might want clarification on this, but this is my understanding of the mechanic.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:19 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Bah, forget that. I was under the impression that all roles went through a "processing" stage, but apparently the scum can send in the kill whenever they want, but their target will not die until the allotted hour. So long as the bodyguard sends in their target before the mafia sends in their final target, they will be protected and bodyguard will die. So basically, if the bodyguard switches targets every Hour, so long as the mafia sends in their kill an Hour before their allotted time, the bodyguard will be undermined. So it's still a bad plan, but for slightly different reasons.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:39 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Pages 31-35

With the knowledge of the computer hacking and order sending, ABR's posts 791 to 795 almost look like a last-minute confirmation that switching EyceKing [me] from my job would indeed disrupt the pressuring of the FBI.
FoS: Albert B. Rampage
, the timing of this discussion does not sit well with me.

I will have to read the exchange from posts [868] to [875] have me confused enough that I am noting it specifically so that I will go back and read it again once I get a better grasp on who was doing what.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Pages 36-40

OTM actually mentions something here I agree with – I was wondering why CDB was acting so frantic about 'reading the first post', because saying 'I didn't get a PM' doesn't give away any information whatsoever, since (from what I understand) all townspeople didn't get a PM to start off the game – i.e. all townspeople
are
townies, and they only gain abilities by being assigned them by the director.

At the very least, if Yos2 is scum and faked the hacking, from my understanding the scum nightkill fits the time-frame. If the scum had killed at the end of Hour 4 (on the only "speculation" Pooky would accept as feasible), they could not kill again until Hour 8. I assume a hack would work the same way – if the kill had occured Hour 7, I would hope the town would be after Yos2 immediately. Note: the Guardian/Yos2 debate kinda goes over this. I doubt scum could both hack and nightkill at the same time – that would be utterly disgusting.

I am still getting confused with how "Hours" work, and when roles can do stuff. *shakes fist*

I'm having trouble with Guardian. Regardless of his alignment, I think he is playing badly – I don't understand how his suspicions have progressed at all, nor do I agree with his reasoning very often. Some posts from him seem good, and other ones just leave me wondering what the heck he was thinking while writing them. Also, friendly advice: stop saying "I'm a townie" all the time. It is just annoying, and that's about the only purpose it serves.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”